test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risa cave secret? (Team Investigating) We have our eyes on you cave people ;)

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Too bad most don't see it like that.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am scared to go in the caves now. Don't want to catch someone "waxing their Mugato horn" or something of the like.

Woooooowwwww, now that was very nasty.
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    just because we laugh at it doesnt mean we dont want these idiots banned for their stupidity. and exploiting our beloved game.

Why ban players for making use of an opportunity? They've done nothing wrong. If Cryptic doesn't want players to use this legitimate functionality, patch the code and move on.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rickdanko wrote: »
    Why ban players for making use of an opportunity? They've done nothing wrong. If Cryptic doesn't want players to use this legitimate functionality, patch the code and move on.

What exactly are they doing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    rickdanko wrote: »

If they are using missions to grind dilithium very fast, it's not legitimate, it's an exploit with the foundry.

The foundry is for playing stories, not making thousands of dilithium in seconds.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    phoenicius wrote: »
    are they using one of the mark tribbles? if so thats probably an exploit.

The ones I've seen often use the dilithium tribble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    The ones I've seen often use the dilithium tribble.

It doesn't matter what fleet is doing it. It matters if there is a Foundry exploit that can be crushed because that negatively impacts the Foundry's development as a tool.

I wonder if there's an NPC ability that resets cooldowns or some kind of mission trigger.

Someone could be using a Foundry mission to expose themselves to an NPC or debuff that is resetting the dilithium tribble prematurely somehow.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It doesn't matter what fleet is doing it. It matters if there is a Foundry exploit that can be crushed because that negatively impacts the Foundry's development as a tool.

I wonder if there's an NPC ability that resets cooldowns or some kind of mission trigger.

Someone could be using a Foundry mission to expose themselves to an NPC or debuff that is resetting the dilithium tribble prematurely somehow.

Even if it is the tribble itself and not a dilithium mission, 5 dil at a time is a very poor exploit. They must be desperate.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have never heard of a dilithium tribble in all my time playing this game for years, where did that come from?
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have never heard of a dilithium tribble in all my time playing this game for years, where did that come from?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Radan_Tribble
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    After doing my own digging, it appears that it's not specific to just Risa. Apparently other infamous locations have a ton of activity. Like the bush in SFA and what was known as the Transporter Console of the old ESD.

And my sources suspect an old Foundry problem resurfacing.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    After doing my own digging, it appears that it's not specific to just Risa. Apparently other infamous locations have a ton of activity. Like the bush in SFA and what was known as the Transporter Console of the old ESD.

And my sources suspect an old Foundry exploit has resurfaced. So the Foundry team should go check if the bandaids wore off.

They've been doing this on SFA and Andoria lately. Seems Risa is just their newest hotspot.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    They've been doing this on SFA and Andoria lately. Seems Risa is just their newest hotspot.

And given all this going on, I suspect something broke in the patch and the shady types are capitalizing on it.

Which might result with the Foundry being taken offline, like the last time this happened.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, the foundry is always taken offline each season. However, these exploits are the cause of a delay of new tech. We were supposed to be getting new tech right around now, but because of the stupid exploits, we now have to wait even longer.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, the foundry is always taken offline each season. However, these exploits are the cause of a delay of new tech. We were supposed to be getting new tech right around now, but because of the stupid exploits, we now have to wait even longer.

Apparently as I speak they took the rewards offline for the Foundry. I just played an old Featured Event, and didnt' get rewarded for the play nor with the Investigative Reports.

Needless to say, yes its these people who keep holding us back as they fix problems with the Foundry. We can't have nice things because of them.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Looks like they are squashing this exploit then.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Even if it is the tribble itself and not a dilithium mission, 5 dil at a time is a very poor exploit. They must be desperate.

Well, if it's 5 per second, that's 18k per hour. Then factor in alts and side accounts and you have a big problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, if it's 5 per second, that's 18k per hour. Then factor in alts and side accounts and you have a big problem.

True.

10chars.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Looks like they are squashing this exploit then.

I had the same thought, but makes me worry they might remove the Investigative Reports mission, like the last time we had a Foundry wrapper mission.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    They can't remove that over this one exploit. People were doing the exploit at SFA long before the wrapper. Removing the wrapper would be overreacting on their part.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Like I said, they did it once before with the last Foundry wrapper that got exploited. Which resulted in the current Foundry reward system based on play time. And this recent exploit didn't start until recently when they brought it back, so if you put two and two together.......
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The exploit has been going on since the SFA version before the wrapper Azurian. All the wrapper would do is speed up their efforts. It is not the sole cause.
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Apparently as I speak they took the rewards offline for the Foundry. I just played an old Featured Event, and didnt' get rewarded for the play nor with the Investigative Reports.

Needless to say, yes its these people who keep holding us back as they fix problems with the Foundry. We can't have nice things because of them.

u got no rewards? i just did the investigators report and a foundry spot light mission and got my rewards today on 3 toons.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    The exploit has been going on since the SFA version before the wrapper Azurian. All the wrapper would do is speed up their efforts. It is not the sole cause.

Yeah I know, but its worse with the wrapper being exploited too.
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    u got no rewards? i just did the investigators report and a foundry spot light mission and got my rewards today on 3 toons.

Define "today", are we talking about with in the last hour?

EDIT: Just noticed, the Spotlight Mission I was playing no longer qualifies for a reward. Which explains a lack of reward.
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm in the cave on Risa (at the time of typing this) 4 people, same fleet with tribble pettings. Wow.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    I'm in the cave on Risa (at the time of typing this) 4 people, same fleet with tribble pettings. Wow.

Definitely up to something.

EDIT: I'm there now, they are using foundry interaction objects! It is giving the sound!
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Also to those accusing Starfleet Dental of this, I can tell you it isn't and I am not a member of Dental's fleet. I'm in my own fleet Hazard Task Force. They are up to something because I heard the foundry interactive sound as mentioned. Report filed, Dev's really need to look into this.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    This isn't the only fleet who has been doing it too. I heard of some kind of french fleet doing it.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ashkrik and I are fighting the exploit threat with the Snowball Defense Force!

...in a pathetic attempt to see if knocking them over with snowballs will stop the cycle.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
This discussion has been closed.