test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risa cave secret? (Team Investigating) We have our eyes on you cave people ;)

Comments

• Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If the team are looking into it then they need to check out the bushes at SFA, the ones to the north of the map appear to be the home of a bunch of "console clickers", the toons all have random generated names, are all different ranks, none of them are in a fleet and they all fly the light cruiser.

Which makes me think they are all gold farmers/sellers.
  • Options
    thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just saw some "clickers" in the plant room on Bajor. It was a bunch of people logging in and out.
  • Options
    rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Been hanging around Risa, seen a lot of ships go in and out but that could be anything. Hmmm... piqued my interest. LOL :D
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    The fact that you guys are turning this into a witch hunt/circus act is hilarious. Players always find exploits and some even take pride in doing it. It's the nature of the beast. Anybody bring popcorn to this party?

I have, this one is entertaining :)
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Your talking about the cave on top of the mountain. I have been there a few times in the day and night on Risa. First time there was player wearing all black and dark black sun glasses he was in odd location in the cave. Other than that really haven't see anything out of the blue. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So let me see if I am reading this correctly.

1. The cave on old Risa. Why are people still going to this dusty old beach that has absolutely nothing to do, nor a reason to even exist, much less picking through every corner of the map?

2. A bunch of random bushes in some obscure corner of Starfleet Academy. The only reasons to go here are all in the main building and the duty officer building.

3. First City, the corridor that goes nowhere. If you know good and well that it goes nowhere, then why would you be intentionally going through this part?

Seems to me, people are going out of their way to search every nook and cranny of every forgotten map, specifically to seek out anyone who might be exploiting. Now as for the plant room of Hathon, that is visited during Of Bajor, so I can see you innocently just so happen to stumble across him. But as for the other locations? Exploit or not, intentionally going out of your way to seek them out is harassment, and even stalking, and borderline trolling. Trolling the trolls is not justification. Two wrongs will never make a right.

So, if you innocently stumble across someone exploiting, go ahead and report if you will. But by going out of your way to seek out and stalk the exploiters, you are doing exactly what you have been accusing Dental of doing. By stalking and trolling, you every right to be reported along with whomever you are harassing.

Too long; didn't read version: If you should just so happen to see someone exploiting in a common location, go ahead and report. DON'T go searching every corner of every forgotten map, or you have just become the harassers and trolls. Exploit or not, don't become the very thing you report others for doing, or you very well may find yourself being reported instead.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Too long; didn't read version: If you should just so happen to see someone exploiting in a common location, go ahead and report. DON'T go searching every corner of every forgotten map, or you have just become the harassers and trolls. Exploit or not, don't become the very thing you report others for doing, or you very well may find yourself being reported instead.

a) please use normal colors
    b) put abstracts in the beginning of a text
    c) Some people like exploring and may stumble accross all sorts of weird people while doing so
    d) those locations are known exploit locations for a long time (with the exception of Risa maybe)
  • Options
    gogereavergogereaver Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    still seems a poor way to grind dill when you can just run Dyson ground and make more per hr. so really if they wanna beam in and out petting there tribble lol how are they bothering your in any way. besides the devs will find it and patch it. but i guess if you have a tons of alts it could be a problem.
  • Options
    rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    3. First City, the corridor that goes nowhere. If you know good and well that it goes nowhere, then why would you be intentionally going through this part?

What corridor, i want to see it. :)
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seems to me, people are going out of their way to search every nook and cranny of every forgotten map, specifically to seek out anyone who might be exploiting. Now as for the plant room of Hathon, that is visited during Of Bajor, so I can see you innocently just so happen to stumble across him. But as for the other locations? Exploit or not, intentionally going out of your way to seek them out is harassment, and even stalking, and borderline trolling. Trolling the trolls is not justification. Two wrongs will never make a right.

So, if you innocently stumble across someone exploiting, go ahead and report if you will. But by going out of your way to seek out and stalk the exploiters, you are doing exactly what you have been accusing Dental of doing. By stalking and trolling, you every right to be reported along with whomever you are harassing.
    So wait...lemme get this straight: you're equating people exploring the maps, just to see what's there, and reporting strange things that they notice, to be equivalent to exploiting? And with an implied threat about reporting people who explore the dark corners of maps?

I find it hard to believe that you disbelieve that much in people's capacity to exploit. Or you just don't "like" people going off the beaten path at all. Or maybe you're being protective of the "right" to exploit and not be found?

I dunno where you're going with this honestly, but it's very unusual to draw some sort of equivalence between exploring maps with your eyes open and taking advantage of exploits.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    gogereaver wrote: »
    still seems a poor way to grind dill when you can just run Dyson ground and make more per hr. so really if they wanna beam in and out petting there tribble lol how are they bothering your in any way. besides the devs will find it and patch it. but i guess if you have a tons of alts it could be a problem.
    It's obviously done by bots and multi boxing. They can't play the dyson battleground.
    Now, 5dil/1minutes for several hours. Do the maths.

So, basically you are saying that people going out of the beaten path are troll and stalker ? Wow, where is the police of fun when you need it ! Those people should be arrested and send to a thought police where they could be reeducated to think YOUR way.

Explorers like Marco Polo were serious trolls and stalker, we all know that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bejaymac wrote: »
    If the team are looking into it then they need to check out the bushes at SFA, the ones to the north of the map appear to be the home of a bunch of "console clickers", the toons all have random generated names, are all different ranks, none of them are in a fleet and they all fly the light cruiser.

Which makes me think they are all gold farmers/sellers.

I've been watching that area and every one I've seen so far is a fleetless VA flying a light cruiser. Lots and lots of repeat offenders, too--if you know what I mean. ;)
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Yeah, damn explorers. <PTUI!> Every bit as bad as those trolls with the disco balls and party poppers, right? :rolleyes:

Thank the Prophets we've got Fun Police like you to make sure people don't start having fun wrong.
    adwynyth wrote: »
    Or maybe you're being protective of the "right" to exploit and not be found?

Gotta admit, that hideously-colored rant did have the feel of someone "protecting their own turf" to an interesting degree.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Just coming from the bushes at SFA, just next to the sea. It's insane what's going on there. There's a constant stream of around 6 characters present at all times. They're all lvl 50 so this must have been going on for quite a while. On top of that they mostly come from different accounts. Looks a lot like gold sellers to me.

Oh and by the way, no tribbles were used or harmed at any time. So at least we won't have to inform PETA on this one. Unfortunately that also means that this exploit goes way beyond the 5 dill Radan tribble. Might even explain some of the rise in zen prices on the exchange.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So let me see if I am reading this correctly.

Exploring =/= harassment.
    2. A bunch of random bushes in some obscure corner of Starfleet Academy. The only reasons to go here are all in the main building and the duty officer building..

I was the individual who reported it on this thread, and yet you make it look like I'm harassing other players, which is not cool. All I did was observe and reported them. Then I mentioned this exploit spot on the forum so the investigators could observe that location and confirm if there really was an exploit.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Just coming from the bushes at SFA, just next to the sea. It's insane what's going on there. There's a constant stream of around 6 characters present at all times. They're all lvl 50 so this must have been going on for quite a while. On top of that they mostly come from different accounts. Looks a lot like gold sellers to me.

Oh and by the way, no tribbles were used or harmed at any time. So at least we won't have to inform PETA on this one. Unfortunately that also means that this exploit goes way beyond the 5 dill Radan tribble. Might even explain some of the rise in zen prices on the exchange.

And since KDF can't access SFA, can't knock their bot cycles off.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Exploring =/= harassment.

Isn't it amusing, though- we've got people clamoring for "OMG moar exploration, that's what Trek is all about" and then this one talking about reporting people for exploring. At this point I've got to wonder what our representative from the Fun Police thinks Trek should be about if what so many others think it's about is actually cloaked harassment.
  • Options
    xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OP, are you sure that wasn't me getting the accolade for finding Pavyl in the cave? I've been completing my Lohlunat accolades on all my toons 'cause I'm not going to have time to do it for all of them this summer. :P

"The Frog And The Furious - At Nightfall, find Pavyl at the fourth and final location inside the cave from the river"
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'll reserve judgment on that.

But what's more disturbing is this activity at SFA. What people said earlier, likely could be goldfarmers taking advantage of the system. If there was a GM taking a list of all those accounts as they were logged in, I bet they would put such dampener on their business they would give up STO.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Decided to see what all the hubbub is about and went to check out Risa.

Didn't find anyone doing anything suspicious in the cave. I did find two other people crouched down in the corners looking for exploiters though lol.

Went to SFA and holy TRIBBLE it's creepy. Just as described, level 50 no fleet characters log in for a few seconds and then log out in the bushes. It's kind of like SFA is haunted. Apparitions suddenly appear out of thin air and then vanish a few seconds later. I watched for about 10 mins, and whoever is doing this has a whole lot of characters. I didn't see any repeats logging in. Very creepy.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Edit: deleted/redundant
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Decided to see what all the hubbub is about and went to check out Risa.

Didn't find anyone doing anything suspicious in the cave. I did find two other people crouched down in the corners looking for exploiters though lol.

Went to SFA and holy TRIBBLE it's creepy. Just as described, level 50 no fleet characters log in for a few seconds and then log out in the bushes. It's kind of like SFA is haunted. Apparitions suddenly appear out of thin air and then vanish a few seconds later. I watched for about 10 mins, and whoever is doing this has a whole lot of characters. I didn't see any repeats logging in. Very creepy.

I think they stopped with Risa because they knew people were coming to investigate. Not to mention them getting their bot cycles knocked off the pattern.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I think they stopped with Risa because they knew people were coming to investigate. Not to mention them getting their bot cycles knocked off the pattern.

If someone had details on this here we could continue the work even at SFA http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1126711
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Providing you are high enough in the rep system on a fed.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Providing you are high enough in the rep system on a fed.

Providing I knew what to get in the first place ........
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you ask me, I think that the Foundry should not be granting rewards that can be used anywhere other than on foundry-related stuff. If that happened the only people using the foundry would be those who want to create and share their own stories, and those who want to experience those stories. Yes that means that far fewer people would be using it, but would that really be a bad thing? The ones using it for anything other than telling or experiencing stories don't even care that there is a story. It's blow up/kill everything, collect the reward, rinse and repeat.

We can already level our character to max in relatively short order from DOffing alone. and we don't even have to leave sector space once to do it, or even be logged in once we've queued up our DOff assignments.

So long as the foundry yields rewards that apply to anything other than the Foundry, then there will always be exploits. But then, even if it only rewarded stuff pertaining to itself, people would exploit to get that as well.

How many people would play foundry missions if the awarded nothing at all beyond the potential experience of a well-told story? I would. So would a lot of Star Trek fans. But there are so many things about this game that drive away Trek fans. My sister, who is a big Star Trek fan, took one look at the bridge of my ship and didn't want to see any more of the game when she saw how stupid the bridge looked because it was so big. This game alienates the very ones who would have gotten the most out of it and attracts the ones who couldn't care less about it really.

Anyway... Like I said... as long as there's something to gain from the foundry, people will find a way to exploit it to get it.

IMHO, Foundry needs rewards but the rewards should not be translatable anywhere else in the game economy.

This can translate mostly into cosmetics but frankly you could have weapons, gear, and item sets...

IF they are bind on account/bind on pickup and they have a vendor value of 0 EC.

This would make Foundry worth PLAYING but virtually ungameable. Then the worst thing you'd have is people gaming it for personal use.
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If that's the case then PWE wouldn't be investigating the issue. :rolleyes:

Yes, because James Bond and Felix Lighter both work for NCIS: PWE and they could NEVER be fooled! :P
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2014
    Random locations off the beaten path, featuring bushes, voyeurs and tribble rubbing.

Has all the indications of something I can't mention due to the terms of use.
This discussion has been closed.