test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risa cave secret? (Team Investigating) We have our eyes on you cave people ;)

Comments

• kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Would this happen to be a fleet whose leader just released a promotional video of himself and multiboxing alts walking around on Risa?

I haven't seen that video, but I'd assume that it's probably the same person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Everybody is Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock Holmes.

Everything is a Conspiracy. A Conspiracy. A Conspiracy.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Great maker, can't a captain have a quite "personal" moment with his tribble in peace these days? :rolleyes:
    I read that in the voice of Londo Molari. ;)
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OP: Here's an idea... why don't YOU go into the cave and pet your tribbles and log out and see if anything happens
    @Powerblast in game
  • zombieredshirtzombieredshirt Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    First rule of the Secret Cave Tribble Petting Club....you don't talk about the Secret Cave Tribble Petting Club

;)
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    OP: Here's an idea... why don't YOU go into the cave and pet your tribbles and log out and see if anything happens

I wouldn't. Apparently there's something so good that you end up using your gametime to stroke in private darkness. Whatever is behind this, I'm not going to let it turn me into one of them.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    To steal and horribly mangle a meme:
    Do you want the Great and Horribly Bloody Tribble Revolt of 2411?

Because that's how you get the Great and Horribly Bloody Tribble Revolt of 2411.
    Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
    It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
    THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Most exciting part of s. 9 so far
  • catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited May 2014
    So, not some sort of starfleet euphemism for whatever?

To quote jjtrek pike: "i am relieved"
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014

You're right. We should all just calm down.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    :rolleyes: The answer may be easier than a new exploit.

This game is riddled with bugs, we all know this and we accept it to an extent. One example is the bug where anytime I change costumes or change zones the tribble activates its sound and appears in my hand, although I don't do the petting animation. I use a gambling device (since it's the best there is) and since it's always on I see this bug constantly.

That's likely not a bug, but a way to give the player simple visual/audio feedback that their buff is still active.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Whatever it is, if it's an exploit I hope it's fixed =/
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
    edited May 2014
    edit nvm

/10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014

We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, men!

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I still don't get it, what where the people doing anyway with the Tribbles? Ok, yes they pet them and beamed out and everything, but for what?
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I still don't get it, what where the people doing anyway with the Tribbles? Ok, yes they pet them and beamed out and everything, but for what?

fascinating isnt it?

im curious to, then again....I may not even want to know what goes on inside that cave beyond tribble petting and potential exploiting...
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Amazes me how most posters in this thread aren't taking this seriously, but then again the foundry is largely ignored..
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited May 2014
    So they go into this cave, pet that tribble and beam out.

Why this cave? And what Foundry mission should that be that requires a cave on Risa?
    edited May 2014
    So they go into this cave, pet that tribble and beam out.

Why this cave? And what Foundry mission should that be that requires a cave on Risa?

An exploit mission.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Amazes me how most posters in this thread aren't taking this seriously, but then again the foundry is largely ignored..

just because we laugh at it doesnt mean we dont want these idiots banned for their stupidity. and exploiting our beloved game.

seriously if i was angry and mad and took every single exploiter issue so serious in every game ive played over the last decade i would likely end up shooting myself out of rage. its not worth getting OTT about.
    edited May 2014
    Oh I'm not talking about getting all rage and angry.
    edited May 2014
    An exploit mission.

If I translated that right, you mean a flaw in the system? A bug triggered by petting a Tribble?
    edited May 2014
    Oh I'm not talking about getting all rage and angry.

ah i guess i responded a bit OTT myself.

hmm well, As far as I know peeps here are taking it seriously, even if they are doing it "happily" lol.

gotta laugh sometimes though :)
    edited May 2014
    If I translated that right, you mean a flaw in the system? A bug triggered by petting a Tribble?

No they aren't actually petting a tribble. The foundry has commands that we can set to make charcters do an animation as part of a story. They are just using an "interact with option" objective with that mission.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    try this.

While lurking in the cave pet a few tribbles that give marks.
    then beam up directly to the bridge of your ship (the interior)
    then leave interior and see if the tribbles rest their timer.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

edited May 2014
    its not that. Even if that did happen, it would be VERY poor way of gaining marks. It's a foundry exploit.
    edited May 2014
    its not that. Even if that did happen, it would be VERY poor way of gaining marks. It's a foundry exploit.

But there is no audible foundry interact sound.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    But there is no audible foundry interact sound.

It could be an audio issue. If there is an object there one can set in the foundry, it has to be that.
    edited May 2014
    It could be an audio issue. If there is an object there one can set in the foundry, it has to be that.

I just don't get it. There is a lot of logging in and out without a foundry interact sound like at sfa. I don't think we can control that sound.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    I found 4 interactable plants on the Risa map.
    Tt has to be that.
This discussion has been closed.