test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risa cave secret? (Team Investigating) We have our eyes on you cave people ;)

Comments

• kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OK, this is related to a certain fleet massively exploiting the foundry in a way that Cryptic know about.

What Cryptic may not know about: I have been watching a person load into the cave with his/her main toon along with 6 alts that the person can control with one click.

This is why they are petting a tribble and other stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I went into the cave. It is full of Force-sensitive children being hunted by the Empire. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    OK, this is related to a certain fleet massively exploiting the foundry in a way that Cryptic know about.

What Cryptic may not know about: I have been watching a person load into the cave with his/her main toon along with 6 alts that the person can control with one click.

This is why they are petting a tribble and other stuff. If you're controlling 10 toons at once, those pets add up. And it's convenient to hide in a cave while you do it.

I am not an expert on game mechanics, but what is the reason for this?
  • nxnovacatnxnovacat Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    the only role I see the tribbles playing is masking the clickie noise, unless its a cargo ton of fleet tribbles involved
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I went into the cave. It is full of Force-sensitive children being hunted by the Empire. :)

I think your navagaton computer needs a tune up. Thats Ord Mantell, not Risa,;)
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cptjhunter wrote: »

You Crossed The Scifi Streams! Do You Know How Long It Will Take For Nerd Rage Levels to Cool Down?:mad::D
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    It would be hilarious to come across that in a cave though. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited May 2014
    astro2244 wrote: »
    You Crossed The Scifi Streams! Do You Know How Long It Will Take For Nerd Rage Levels to Cool Down?:mad::D
    I would go in with my Light-Bat'leth and deal with them. :)
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The answer is simple: the tribble was displaying its horga'hn.
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not to cause a stir but that same thing is also happening on starfleet academy next to the ufp logo near the tree and bushes.
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Reminds me of when I saw a bunch of people logging in/out by a lightpost on the far side of the Andoria map. Wonder if that's a foundry door, too.

Well, if Al's right about exploiters delaying Foundry work, and if this is indeed a mass exploit, I hope they get shut down soon.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Guess SFA wasn't enough for the exploiters.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    the better question is why? Voth ground battlezone is a goldmine as it is. There's being rich and then there's being absurdly rich. And besides, they've fixed the foundry exploits back when LOR launched.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They are looking for pictish relics. The tribbles know where to find them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5gJ61uAHNk
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    It would be hilarious to come across that in a cave though. :)

we can arrange that.....we do have lightswords after all :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    a3001 wrote: »
    the better question is why? Voth ground battlezone is a goldmine as it is. There's being rich and then there's being absurdly rich. And besides, they've fixed the foundry exploits back when LOR launched.

Not all is fixed...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Not all is fixed...

yes yes, evolution. quash 99 bugs out of 100, the 1 that remains spawns like crazy and whatever bug remover you used before hand to quash the 99 is now effectively usless.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    *hiding behind a rock, whispering into a holo recorder* Here we have found a local cult of tribble worshipers engaging in ritualistic tribble petting. This rite of passage is an ancient tradition whereby villagers will stroke tribbles nonstop for 16 days without food or rest to prove that they are an adult. Crikey, if we are found to be watching them in this cave we will surely be killed immediately and put on display. Remember kids, don't get involved in cults.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    :rolleyes: The answer may be easier than a new exploit.

This game is riddled with bugs, we all know this and we accept it to an extent. One example is the bug where anytime I change costumes or change zones the tribble activates its sound and appears in my hand, although I don't do the petting animation. I use a gambling device (since it's the best there is) and since it's always on I see this bug constantly.

Someone mentioned it was a cave with foundry mission entrances. I posit that this was simply a fleet testing a fleeties new foundry map and maybe it was bugged kicking them out, maybe they were testing dialog scripting, maybe they had quite a bit of people doing this. Also since they could have had their tribbles constantly going off due to zoning, and the bug, being this weird bugged thing looking/sounding thing... perhaps your brain did see them with tribbles but since it's just the tribble appearing and the sound of it you associated the bug with your first assumption: of cheating. Somehow the petting animation was never mentioned by the OP...

Mountains out of mole...cules.

It's the more logical explanation given the limited data we have, Captain.
    /endspock
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I guess you can't use a bot/macro for the battlezone, but you can for this kind of exploit.
    Also someone was able to reproduce the exploit and report it. It was a few months ago, well before LoR.
    :rolleyes: The answer may be easier than a new exploit.

This game is riddled with bugs, we all know this and we accept it to an extent. One example is the bug where anytime I change costumes or change zones the tribble activates its sound and appears in my hand, although I don't do the petting animation. I use a gambling device (since it's the best there is) and since it's always on I see this bug constantly.

Someone mentioned it was a cave with foundry mission entrances. I posit that this was simply a fleet testing a fleeties new foundry map and maybe it was bugged kicking them out, maybe they were testing dialog scripting, maybe they had quite a bit of people doing this. Also since they could have had their tribbles constantly going off due to zoning, and the bug, being this weird bugged thing looking/sounding thing... perhaps your brain did see them with tribbles but since it's just the tribble appearing and the sound of it you associated the bug with your first assumption: of cheating. Somehow the petting animation was never mentioned by the OP...

Mountains out of mole...cules.

It's the more logical explanation given the limited data we have, Captain.
    /endspock
    I agree the petting thing is probably due to leaving the mission/beaming down etc...

But suddenly a lot of people is testing the same dialogue over and over ? With alts on the same time ?

It's either the coolest dialogue ever, or a very bugged one that need a lot of feedback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • atorzatorz Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It wasn't even a tribble probably, I bet it was the gambling the device, wich looks almost like a tribble, and makes a funny noise everytime you load a map, while being on your hand making it seem like you are using it.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    atorz wrote: »
    It wasn't even a tribble probably, I bet it was the gambling the device, wich looks almost like a tribble, and makes a funny noise everytime you load a map, while being on your hand making it seem like you are using it.

Nope... Deffo a tribble.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    IIRC, one of the interact animations in the Foundry is petting a tribble...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    I dont know whats creepier, the Tribble Petting or the Voyeur looking the Tribble Petting ...

I'll take "the latter" for 1000, Alex. :D
  • kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't know why, but I'm finding the whole strange tribble cult of risa fascinating.

Hopefully it's some strange rite practiced by sinister technomantic tribble genetic engineers of an RP fleet, I'd be saddened if it's just some cheap exploit.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »

This is why they are petting a tribble and other stuff.

Would this happen to be a fleet whose leader just released a promotional video of himself and multiboxing alts walking around on Risa?
    edited May 2014

Because being absurdly rich allows you to bribe a fleet full of people into liking you and setup economic cartels that may be why you have a minimum price for keys on the exchange above what the corresponding price would be when converting EC into dilithium?

Maybe, for example, fleets that offer lockbox ships for joining and the like warrant an investigation.
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kazabok wrote: »
    I don't know why, but I'm finding the whole strange tribble cult of risa fascinating.

Hopefully it's some strange rite practiced by sinister technomantic tribble genetic engineers of an RP fleet, I'd be saddened if it's just some cheap exploit.

Given that someone in this thread has observed similar at SFA and the massive amount of players reported at the Cave and the fact that it's one fleet screems exploit. They'll get shut down. This time they might even get a ban if it's only one fleet. The last huge foundry exploit was abused by too many people to do that.
    edited May 2014
    *hiding behind a rock, whispering into a holo recorder* Here we have found a local cult of tribble worshipers engaging in ritualistic tribble petting. This rite of passage is an ancient tradition whereby villagers will stroke tribbles nonstop for 16 days without food or rest to prove that they are an adult. Crikey, if we are found to be watching them in this cave we will surely be killed immediately and put on display. Remember kids, don't get involved in cults.

:-) !!!!!!!! Enjoyed this post immensely.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Great maker, can't a captain have a quite "personal" moment with his tribble in peace these days? :rolleyes:
    server_hamster6.png
This discussion has been closed.