test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risa cave secret? (Team Investigating) We have our eyes on you cave people ;)

Comments

• kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I found 4 interactable plants on the Risa map.
    Tt has to be that.

But I can't find the mission in the hot list. Yeah, there is stuff in that cave for foundry, but the bots or whoever are not making the right sound.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Those missions have crazy names and its gonna be hard to find them. They also don't really say where to go.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    But I can't find the mission in the hot list. Yeah, there is stuff in that cave for foundry, but the bots or whoever are not making the right sound.
    Maybe the tribble sound is covering it up?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    a3001 wrote: »
    the better question is why? Voth ground battlezone is a goldmine as it is. There's being rich and then there's being absurdly rich. And besides, they've fixed the foundry exploits back when LOR launched.

People find new ways to exploit the game, it is sad they have to do this and not play and earn it like the rest of us.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OMG

Thank you all for posting this.

This made me laugh so hard tonight, and after my long day, I needed this.

Those poor abused Tribbles in that dark and moldy cave.

You brave captains who watched and took scans during this terrible tragedy are true heroes.

Heroes of the Klingon Empire. Cuz we all know how they feel about Tribbles...

~CaptainSmirk
  • raulblanco7raulblanco7 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Those missions have crazy names and its gonna be hard to find them. They also don't really say where to go.

If you withdraw a foundry mission, that still can be completed later and still gives you the reward.
    If you share a withdrawed mission, other people still can complete it for reward or can sharing back to you if you completed after sharing. This was the perfect way to hide your foundry mission at the previsious foundry bug, i dont know is it still working or not.

If you see one of this tribble petting guy, use the search to find him, if he is idiot enough, you will see at search which mission he doing (if he dont hide himself from search or made other mission to primary, search will show the last mission he accepted i think, thats the name of the foundry he is doing, it will be like WSGDFSEFDGSEDEGE or something similar...)

Well, i dont think other players can hear the sound of the foundry mission when he complete them, but maybe i m wrong about it.

But, i m remember foundry loot timer dont counting with the time you are spending on a social map during your foundry mission, so there should be an additional trick, well i can imagine a trick for it... make a foundry mission, private map, just click 2 times and wait a day sitting there between the clicks, do it enough times to your mission start giving loot, than modify the mission just 2 click's on social maps, but it would be very fast to stop giving loot because of the short complete's, i m sure its not worth the time you are spending for it.

Me too quite interesting about what are they doing, its a little Star Trek, lets investigate and and catch them.
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ... but it would be very fast to stop giving loot because of the short complete's, i m sure its not worth the time you are spending for it.

Thing is, since S9 was launched they added a new foundry wrapper mission that gives 960 dil and that has ZERO CD. It doesn't matter how much time your mission takes -if it is very short, you are correct that the missions inbuilt reward will decrease very quickly and end up not rewarding anything... However, the wrapper will reward nearly 1,000 dil each time so you could exploit this like MAD as it seems that these people are....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • raulblanco7raulblanco7 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    didnt completed any foundry mission since s9 launched so i didnt tried that new mission, but i dont understand why that dont have cd than, and now i dont understand why they log out and log in back if thats dont needing to use the exploit.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thing is, since S9 was launched they added a new foundry wrapper mission that gives 960 dil and that has ZERO CD.

No, the 'Investigate Officer Reports' mission has a 30 minute cooldown.

Or at least it's supposed to, AFAIK.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh dear, if this is true.........this is exactly why the Foundry doesn't get nice things. :(
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well i never play foundry thats less than 30mins, but all i know is when i turn in i can pick it up immediately every time...

even if it was 30 mins thats still a fairly decent afk exploit.
    It would be fairly easy to mock up a keyboard script that accepts an exploit mission and the foundry wrapper, completes it, hands in the wrapper then waits 30 mins to do it all over again.

Hell you could smash the refine limit whilst you slept, and devote the rest of your time to playing for fun rather than profit :)

This is probably what the tribble cave ppl are doing.
    And actually I found another group on qonos, hiddent down a corridot alongside the northside of the great hall that goes nowhere (there must be an interact point at the door at the end of the corridor...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hmm... we need crop circles in STO. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    No, the 'Investigate Officer Reports' mission has a 30 minute cooldown.

Or at least it's supposed to, AFAIK.

Is that 30 minutes per character?

And can it be shared with someone who has it on cooldown?

I've never tried sharing a mission that's on cooldown but does being on cooldown block you from taking it via the journal or does it also block it from being shared?
    edited May 2014
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is that 30 minutes per character?

And can it be shared with someone who has it on cooldown?

I've never tried sharing a mission that's on cooldown but does being on cooldown block you from taking it via the journal or does it also block it from being shared?

We should definitely check if it's possible. I'm at work right now though but if no one has tried by the time I get home I'll grab someone and see what happens.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
    edited May 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »

Boy, you really need to get some better insults.
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nxnovacat wrote: »
    do you people have nothing better to do than to follow people >.> and they call starfleet dental bad......

Its this guy, get em guys :P
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sle1989 wrote: »

Couldn't stop laughing at the end.
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    When you try to share a mission with someone who has it on CD, it just tells you they don't meet requirements.
    edited May 2014
    I haven't seen Dental in the cave. The person I saw multiboxing (whatever that is) was a member of a french fleet. The most familiar names down there are a few common offenders I've seen at SFA. One actually took time to play the game himself to grief me for like 45 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    maybe thats the meeting place for all the 'perfectsto' players ;)
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Next week on creepy STO conspiracies...My Armory officers, why do they all sit around the weapons locker, polishing their phasers?:P
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    there is too much group-petting going on..
  • metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    there is too much group-petting going on..

I am scared to go in the caves now. Don't want to catch someone "waxing their Mugato horn" or something of the like.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hmm... we need crop circles in STO. :D

And a probing minigame.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited May 2014
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Too bad most don't see it like that.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am scared to go in the caves now. Don't want to catch someone "waxing their Mugato horn" or something of the like.

Woooooowwwww, now that was very nasty.
  • rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    just because we laugh at it doesnt mean we dont want these idiots banned for their stupidity. and exploiting our beloved game.

Why ban players for making use of an opportunity? They've done nothing wrong. If Cryptic doesn't want players to use this legitimate functionality, patch the code and move on.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
    edited May 2014
    rickdanko wrote: »
    Why ban players for making use of an opportunity? They've done nothing wrong. If Cryptic doesn't want players to use this legitimate functionality, patch the code and move on.

What exactly are they doing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.