test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 Dev Blog #1: A New Accord

Comments

• tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ah, but just because there's a great big universe (and we're all really puny... sorry.), doesn't mean we can't come back home every once in awhile.

Considering ESD is just a 5 second transwarp jump away, it is very easy to get home :)
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seeing as the Undine can open a quantum singularity wherever they want to wherever they want, seem's like a waste of time.

Maybe they just want to kill the Voth, they don't care about us, we're just in the way... like last time..

hmm... devs... if the choice comes when we must choose between the Voth and Undine... pick the Undine!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited March 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    It was revamped once already. And that was after launch. This is the third iteration of ESD in four years.

If ESD isn't a very fun place to visit, that's a good thing. The idea is to make people want to get away from Earth, not toward it.

With the ability to transwarp in the game there is really no need to be anywhere else, you can just hop to ESD, do what you want and hop back for either free or a little bit of EC.

TBH the current iteration of ESD on Holodeck is horrible. The new one is a lot easier and faster to navigate.
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    A new battlezone? Hope it is Undine. I do hope you release the Voth zone eventually though.

What if there the same thing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Seeing as the Undine can open a quantum singularity wherever they want to wherever they want, seem's like a waste of time.

Maybe they just want to kill the Voth, they don't care about us, we're just in the way... like last time..

hmm... devs... if the choice comes when we must choose between the Voth and Undine... pick the Undine!

This.
    Make it so.
    The weak must perish.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    With the ability to transwarp in the game there is really no need to be anywhere else

It's... Star Trek Online.

Star Trek. You know. The franchise that was founded on going into outer space and exploring. What's the point of being in the Star Trek universe if you have no need to be anywhere else but Earth?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • methos5kmethos5k Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As always, I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. :)

Sounds like it'll be good...
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kalani2 wrote: »
    What if there the same thing?

Probably gonna be since they are messing with the Voth.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    just what i figured, try to open the chances it is something other than 8472 and its focused completely on the 8472. lets just hope everything known from canon goes into it unlike when it was released 4 years ago! still no 8472 bioship frigate after all this time.

names and details are very revealing more then i expected, it reads like its all based in the spheres and alpha quadrant, so nothing yet going into the delta quadrant according what Stephen wrote up. it also reads as if the klingons, romulans and federation will finally put their past behind them and end this farce of a war back home. that still leaves the voth carrying dead weight with no purpose though.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    With some attention focused on the Undine, my first thought is, "PLEASE, not another reputation grind so soon." Seriously, it's tedious the first time, really lame after taking a few more toons through the whole procedure, and so on. If you Devs insist on continuously adding more rep grinds, then provide us the ability to change our character's race, career, etc. That's all I'll say about that.

Season 9 sounds pretty good though. I like that some old things are being revamped and bug fixes are always appreciated. I hate the Undine! But I love watching them die. :D
    edited March 2014
    It's... Star Trek Online.

Star Trek. You know. The franchise that was founded on going into outer space and exploring. What's the point of being in the Star Trek universe if you have no need to be anywhere else but Earth?

Earth is the central hub. I go to ESD, gear up, use exchange. Then go out to far reaches and explore/blow up Borg, what ever it is I'm doing that day. I do exactly what you say, we're not at ESD 24/7.
  • clintonseaforthclintonseaforth Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hate the new ESD. Too cramped, and too unrealistic.

It looks like someone smushed everything into one small space, because they were lazy, and don't want to run around. Personally, I hate it.
    edited March 2014
    I hate the new ESD. Too cramped, and too unrealistic.

It looks like someone smushed everything into one small space, because they were lazy, and don't want to run around. Personally, I hate it.

The new one is cramped?

The new one is a wide open field compared to the current one.

I went back to the old ESD on holodeck yesterday and got lost.
    edited March 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    The new one is cramped?

The new one is a wide open field compared to the current one.

infact its so wide open you can park 15 scimmys and 16 galaxies in the lobby alone :rolleyes:
  • vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hopefully there won't be another grind so soon.. Otherwise good work! Keep it up.
    In game: @vividh
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It was revamped once already. And that was after launch. This is the third iteration of ESD in four years.

If ESD isn't a very fun place to visit, that's a good thing. The idea is to make people want to get away from Earth, not toward it.

No it wasnt Revamped. It was only added some markers, you are here, and whats in next rooms . that not Revamp at all
    edited March 2014
    maxxina wrote: »
    No it wasnt Revamped. It was only added some markers, you are here, and whats in next rooms . that not Revamp at all

This is an incorrect observation.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am all for new things being brought to the game. ESD is simply amazing!!!

My question about Season 9 is... What is being fixed as part of the S-9 rollout?
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    edited March 2014

i see your point from a cynical point of view. will have to see what they do with it, if it proves to be more usable then the old version.
    edited March 2014
    This is an incorrect observation.

For interior it is VALID observation
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My only problem with Season 9 that's on tribble so far is that my graphics went from great to bottom of the toilet and none of the settings will improve them. Thinking that the tribble doesn't like my graphics card.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    genhauk wrote: »
    My only problem with Season 9 that's on tribble so far is that my graphics went from great to bottom of the toilet and none of the settings will improve them. Thinking that the tribble doesn't like my graphics card.

Have you tried moving the Resolution setting all the way to max? I think it's set at 50% and you just throw it all the way to max
    edited March 2014
    genhauk wrote: »

you kept your graphics card upto date?
  • darkelipse04darkelipse04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Very excited for the new content!

Only one FE though?

I suppose I was spoiled by the previous runs of multiple FE in week intervals.
    edited March 2014
    For interior it is VALID observation

It is not, however, I think we will have to agree to disagree.

If the new Club 47, new shipyard, new medical, new admiral's office, and new transporter room can not convince you that ESD was given a revamp, then there is absolutely nothing I am capable of saying that will.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • sinnaj63sinnaj63 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    People say they hate being spoilered by trailers and such. This is the first time a name spoilered.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Have you tried moving the Resolution setting all the way to max? I think it's set at 50% and you just throw it all the way to max

Yeap and yeap also to graphics card up to date.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
    edited March 2014

If the new Club 47, new shipyard, new medical, new admiral's office, and new transporter room can not convince you that ESD was given a revamp, then there is absolutely nothing I am capable of saying that will.

tr.v. re·vamped, re·vamp·ing, re·vamps
    1. To patch up or restore; renovate.
    2. To revise or reconstruct (a manuscript, for example).

What you wrote are only extension to core base what we had since open beta . Revamp is redoing all of the stuff in once .
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As someone so completely disillusioned with the way STO was progressing under Dan Stahl that I actually stopped playing the game, I just want to say a very sincere thank you to Stephen D’Angelo for finally showing some direction as to where STO is headed. It's also really nice to see the team going through and taking care of a lot of the bugs that were ignored before as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014

depends on your point of view. to me it is not an improvement. its far from perfect. so what you got a few features moved about, it depends in what order and how convenient it is for the player to get from A to B to C back to B and such. for example the bridge officer trainer is the opposite side of the promenade from the ship change npc, and there is no location on where the bank and mail will be placed in the released version, if its the opposite side of the promenade just below the foot of the transporter room just outside the doorway of c47 entrance (assuming as that hasnt been added yet) then its several seconds of running about which is no different then it was on the last esd.