Install Arc
Options

Season 9 Dev Blog #1: A New Accord

Comments

• Options
    minusthedrifter2minusthedrifter2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I hope the Undine destroy the zone chat communications relay beyond repair.

Permanently.

ProTip: You can disable zone chat if it rustles your jimmies so.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ProTip: You can disable zone chat if it rustles your jimmies so.

I do have it disabled, so my jimmies remain tranquil.

I just feel that strongly about the issue.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I'm still offering the soul.

Ok, deal: Bran and Smirk for your soul
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hoping to see Secondary Deflectors put on other Science Ships come Season 9. This was something they planned to roll out (like Cruiser Commands).
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    At first I was really bummed about there being only one new mission this season, but then I remembered they're re-mastering all the Borg and Undine missions too. I can live with that, as long as they're substantial updates. Though really, there are a lot of Romulan and Cardassian front missions that could use some updates as well.
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Looking forward to it as long as there is no Undine lockbox also released with playable Undine ships. Some species ships need to remain unplayable for them to keep their feel as super villains.

I know exactly what you mean. The Elachi, the Tholians, and the Voth all lost their appeal the instant playable versions of their ships went on the market. :(
    trekbob5 wrote: »
    Will the origin interiors be included in the new season? please :)

Yes, please. And maybe a Reman-themed interior for Romulan ships as well.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I'd pay for 2 expansions, say Arc is the greatest invention for the internet since TCP/IP, buy several shares of stock in PWE, and then buy Tacofangs lunch every day for a month.

I wouldn't go QUITE that far, but yeah, I feel you.

And I'd buy Tacofangs lunch for a year anyway. Because I think he's cool, and he does a good job.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Deal.

I have to warn you, there may be some tarnish, and a hefty slice of snark, cynicism, anger management issues, ADHD, atheism, science geekery, and generalized lack of christianity. Just so we're clear before you want to send it back.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Deal.

I have to warn you, there may be some tarnish, and a hefty slice of snark, cynicism, anger management issues, ADHD, atheism, science geekery, and generalized lack of christianity. Just so we're clear before you want to send it back.

Oh my god, you are me :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Oh my god, you are me :eek:

:D:D:D

/10char
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Check out the notes for the new TRIBBLE patch. The fate of the Voth Zone is revealed.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014

...Nobody ever sells their soul for me.. :(
  • Options
    edited March 2014

We are dealing with spare parts :D
  • Options
    jwilliamswku1jwilliamswku1 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why spend resources to redo Earth Spacedock. I always hated when the Klingon homeworld was redone. Got my Klingon to level 50....(when it was hard and meant something), left for a few months...came back and all the klingon stuff was changed...I was almost clueless on even where to go, where stuff was and what to do, and where to begin. For that reason my Klingon has stagnated. I will actually have to make an alt on Klingon side to re-level up and know what I'm doing on that side.....something I shouldn't have had to do, having already done it once.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

How about a time-share of my soul?

:D

Although, as organicmanfred said, it's not so much a soul at this point as spare parts. :cool:
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How about a time-share of my soul?

:D

Although, as organicmanfred said, it's not so much a soul at this point as spare parts. :cool:

A time-share of your soul? Oh Morrigan, at last you're becoming a crafty consumer.
    Hello? I'll take eight!
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    "Season 9: A New Accord"

If I'm reading this right, this means you want to put an end to the Fed/KDF war.
    That means that you guys revamped one hell of a lot of the KDF content involving the war, right?
    Because otherwise you expect us to descend to a whole new level of stupid. You wouldn't do that to us, right? Right?

They just have to put a single new mission into the game that details the end of the war.

A couple of cutscenes, pop-ups with voice over, even just a bunch of words to read. All can be used to make the point.

They can just revamp and rehash the Undiscovered Country scenario... We are supposed to pick up our faction ambassador and take them to Khitomer or wherever.

Along the way, someone assassinates/attempts to assassinate them, we have a mystery, we find our traitor, and get to Khitomer (or wherever) just in time to prevent a bomb from going off and clearing the assembly.

Peace is declared, our Captain is a hero, and they all lived happily ever after.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    A time-share of your soul? Oh Morrigan, at last you're becoming a crafty consumer.
    Hello? I'll take eight!
    Deal.

Also, may I interest you in a time-share of Russia as a High Minister under Sovereign Ba'al? It's not prime turf, but the pay is excellent.

Plus, there are concubines. Hot, oiled, scantily-clad concubines of your preferred gender.

Hail Ba'al!
    They just have to put a single new mission into the game that details the end of the war.

A couple of cutscenes, pop-ups with voice over, even just a bunch of words to read. All can be used to make the point.

They can just revamp and rehash the Undiscovered Country scenario... We are supposed to pick up our faction ambassador and take them to Khitomer or wherever.

Along the way, someone assassinates/attempts to assassinate them, we have a mystery, we find our traitor, and get to Khitomer (or wherever) just in time to prevent a bomb from going off and clearing the assembly.

Peace is declared, our Captain is a hero, and they all lived happily ever after.

That sounds like an awesome season 9 to me!

Especially if we get Sir Patrick Stewart as Ambassador Picard. Or George Takei. Because they are gods among men.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You can transwarp to ESD or what do you mean?
    Yes, I know we can transwarp TO ESD, but I'm talking about having a transwarp gate near ESD like we do our fleet bases. This would allow us to transwarp FROM ESD to other places on the map.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hello? I'll take eight!

This reference is good and you should feel good.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I've argued that there shouldn't be a transwarp to ESD at all, since that seems like an extremely easy way to breach Federation (or KDF) defenses. Just hop on the transwarp superhighway and BAM! Earth (or QonoS) is surrounded! But this is a game and people need their hearthstone back to a safe "home" base, so there you go.

In all likelihood, the transwarp gate would probably be at Wolf 359 since that is a known exit point from the Borg Transwarp Network that the Federation (and KDF) have commandeered. From there, it's still close enough to Sol for people who know how to get there, but random invading aliens of the week who might only know the general sector where Sol is, it might take them long enough to find it that the Federation can mount a defense before they get there. Now, I would *also* at least place some automated defense systems or outpost there, maybe an alarm system to give the nearby star systems a heads up.

That'll work too.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Will this map be good enough for the jetpacks? (Yea, I know it's a confined space, but stilll....) :cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well, actually, with spare parts I didn't mean our souls or Trendy :D
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hello? I'll take eight!

Trendy is secretly Zoidburg!
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I love the new ESD map, it makes a huge difference and no longer feels so lifeless and old. I will no longer just hang out there because it's the best source of vendors, but I'll hang out there just because I wont want to leave the shiny. :D

The kit revamp is pretty nice, I'm just slightly worried we may end up paying a lot more for top end kit powers. It's also a bit of a shame that the existing kits wont be upgraded to the new system. Means all those thousands of Dilithium and fleet credits I've spent were a waste.

The move to put the armour into the tailor is very nice, I loved being able to make my Liberated Borg drone look like a member of the collective with that.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff233/khamseen_air/2014-03-14_00008_zpsb3048854.jpg~original (In the Tailor)

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff233/khamseen_air/2014-03-14_00009_zpsa67eee32.jpg~original (Arrived at ESD)

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff233/khamseen_air/2014-03-14_00012_zpscb589126.jpg~original (Looking for something to assimilate for breakfast)

(Those were taken the day before the new ESD went live.)

Though I really hope the tailor gets some TLC before the launch of Season 9 because it still has so many bugged uniform parts that adding in these options does not negate. I still want to be able to change the colours of my Lib Rom female's combat boots and dyson boots, the combat boots have been bugged since the launch of LoR!
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Now I'm going to make a foundry where the old ESD gets smashed and they have a remodel done :P
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I`ve had a little peek at earth space dock on tribble and think its very pretty even though it still needs a bit of work, I love the water feature and the Flora additions.
    I`m also looking forward to seeing the new fe and anything else season 9 has to offer, thanks devs for your continued support.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited March 2014
    Hello? I'll take eight!

lol...

Hey Trendy... Dunno if I someone else has asked somewhere else that I am too lazy to look for... but what happen to Smirk???

Have not seem him a little while!! :D
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I would, but I sold mine for Romulan Ale money long, long ago.

What, I wasn't using it.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    kakarotvgkakarotvg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Any ETA. on the increase to lvl 60, tier 6 ships would be a waste of time, but I just want to be able to call my character a full fledged admiral. So again will there be a level cap increase in season 9 or sometime after.
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    SoH vIqIH yotlh batlh!

Since apparently your main is a Ferengi..
    HIja', verengan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]