test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 9 Dev Blog #1: A New Accord

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Executive Producer Stephen D’Angelo reveals details on the upcoming release of Season 9: A New Accord in this entry of the Season 9 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    O_O

It starts!

/Timon
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A new battlezone? Hope it is Undine. I do hope you release the Voth zone eventually though.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1 new story related FE and multiple grind zones.

Bravo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    A new battlezone? Hope it is Undine. I do hope you release the Voth zone eventually though.

Hmm I wonder if the Voth zone and undine battlezone are related...could the Undine be invading that area causing a massive FFA (Dyson Joint Command vs Undine vs Voth)
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can you please make the effort to have any and all new maps available in the foundry, especially the new ESD on DAY 1?
  • Options
    ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hope the new Space Battlezone is a bit more ... varied than the Dyson one.

Also can't wait for the advancement of the Undine storyline.

(So we can say the Undine Lockbox is kinda confirmed? :P)
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    castsbugc wrote: »
    Can you please make the effort to have any and all new maps available in the foundry, especially the new ESD on DAY 1?

Agreed, I want the new ESD in the Foundry, that would be awesome.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited March 2014
    Words do not describe this season for STO... No but a Dropped Jaw does...

O.O Wow... Just simply wow....

Personal Favorite from Season 9 are

Kit-Revamp (tailor options)
    and
    our new home!! ESD :D
  • Options
    devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    primar13 wrote: »
    Agreed, I want the new ESD in the Foundry, that would be awesome.

This. Please add any new art assets to the foundry when they are added to the live server.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    "The upcoming season will continue the story with a new feature episode, a space battlezone, and several fantastic pieces of queued PvE content that all tie this story arc together."

Feature episode - Nice, although a series of episodes would be nicer. It's fine to repurpose old ones, but how about even more new ones?

Space battlezone and PvE content - This reeks of a new Undine reputation grind.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Words do not describe this season for STO... No but a Dropped Jaw does...

O.O Wow... Just simply wow....

Personal Favorite from Season 9 are

Kit-Revamp (tailor options)
    and
    our new home!! ESD :D
    It is going to be glorious! :)
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    backyardserenadebackyardserenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Let's hope so!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited March 2014

Indeed it will be Trendy!!! :)
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zorbane wrote: »
    Hmm I wonder if the Voth zone and undine battlezone are related...could the Undine be invading that area causing a massive FFA (Dyson Joint Command vs Undine vs Voth)

I was wondering if it would involve the Undine too.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've seen a tour of this new space dock already (someone posted a video from tribble) and it looks awesome; kudos to the design/development team for what they've done with it.

As far as the kits go though, a welcome addition (again, I've seen a video) though that's going to frustrate people who have already purchased the fleet kits don't you think? Hopefully there will be an option to sell/exchange fleet kits for these new ones?

Also, I've seen some tailor updates (no video, just a screenshot). One would HOPE that (as the tailor is being worked with) that we'll FINALLY be able to customize our unique Bridge Officers (FE Jem Hadar, FE Reman, Embassy Romulan etc)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "A New Accord?" As in the Khitomer Accords? :D
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam! ThlIngan maH!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam! ThlIngan maH!

SoH vIqIH yotlh batlh!
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I look forward to being the guy dressed up as an Undine with a sniper rifle waiting to assassinate all the delegates.

The War must continue.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    mamif3mamif3 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Pvp updates?.......
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just going to post this here, from a TRIBBLE test shard thread:
    tacofangs wrote: »
    There will be no construction phase. You'll have to play S9 to see why it's changed.
    Calling it now: The Undine destroy the old ESD and we have a timeskip to see the new one.
    SPOILER ALERT: the "mushroom cap" performs an "Emergency Saucer Separation" and becomes a jumbo-sized version of the Jupiter 2...

Danger! Danger, Will Riker's son! Stay tuned for the action packed season premiere of "Lost in (Fluidic) Space"!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    SoH vIqIH yotlh batlh!

ben law' batlhmey martok tuq!
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    SoH vIqIH yotlh batlh!

Ok, I love you. Maj'qa!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My personal favorite improvement of Season 9 is the reworking of Earth Spacedock. ESD has served its role adequately as a hub for Federation Captains, but I’ve always felt that it was confining and frankly not a very fun place to visit.

That's why it's called Earth Spacedock. What's the point of having Star Trek Online if you just want to hang out at Earth? Why not encourage players to take their ships and shoot for the stars? Earth is our cradle, not our home. Home is our ship.

There's a whole galaxy out there waiting to be explored, and plenty of zones that need the love and care of the dev team.

My days of taking Cryptic's priorities seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why does no one seem to realize that having the Undine travel from the Jenolan to Solonae spheres to get to Our Space is having them go the long way?
    @Venture-1. @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that. Yes, that Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. You'll have to be specific; for me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    dheffernan wrote: »
    Why does no one seem to realize that having the Undine travel from the Jenolan to Solonae spheres to get to Our Space is having them go the long way?

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." -- Sun Tzu
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    That's why it's called Earth Spacedock. What's the point of having Star Trek Online if you just want to hang out at Earth? Why not encourage players to take their ships and shoot for the stars? Earth is our cradle, not our home. Home is our ship.

There's a whole galaxy out there waiting to be explored, and plenty of zones that need the love and care of the dev team.

My days of taking Cryptic's priorities seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

It is one of the most player populated areas of the games, it deserves a revamp.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iconians wrote: »

Ah, but just because there's a great big universe (and we're all really puny... sorry.), doesn't mean we can't come back home every once in awhile.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    It is one of the most player populated areas of the games, it deserves a revamp.

It was revamped once already. And that was after launch. This is the third iteration of ESD in four years.

If ESD isn't a very fun place to visit, that's a good thing. The idea is to make people want to get away from Earth, not toward it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg