test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storage Slot Increase

1246789

Comments

  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hmmm the Galaxy Dreadnought you say?


    Well... there is always tomorrow. :D

    ~CaptainSmirk

    Oooohhh....

    ....Brandon has taught him well. :D :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 2,730 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kublahkan wrote: »
    No it's the new Galaxy Dreadnought that will actually take up 12 inventory slots...

    :P

    No it will be 36, so you have to buy extra inventory slots, the Zen price of those will be doubled hehehehehe :P
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 2,730 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Oooohhh....

    ....Brandon has taught him well. :D :P

    yep the padawan is becoming a master ...... whoops wrong game lol
  • arcjetarcjet Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Awesome stuff!

    This is very, very much appreciated.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,280 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Now, how the heck do I read through 9 1/2 pages of posts on a decision made by Cryptic and presented by the Smirks without reading one negative comment? This is very unlike this STO community...

    :)
    CM

    p.s. Oh, and I forgot to add my praise: Schweet!
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    THANKS A LOT!!!! I like free stuff.
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • puffeclaudepuffeclaude Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That is indeed unexpected. In this modern MMO environment, where f2p and micro transactions are king, storage is one of the biggest payouts you have to make on most games. Getting free extra storage just because is enough to alleviate the typical rage that comes from being nickeled and dimed to death over a long period.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Oooohhh....

    ....Brandon has taught him well. :D :P

    Indeed. Truly, Smirk hath learned at the feet of the Master...

    :P
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Now, how the heck do I read through 9 1/2 pages of posts on a decision made by Cryptic and presented by the Smirks without reading one negative comment? This is very unlike this STO community...

    ahh, you have to unpack the carrot from time to time or the stick stops working.

    Goes for us as well as Cryptic....lol
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, that is a surprising turn of events.

    Thanks guys, appreciated :)
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We will be increasing the number of main inventory slots, and the number of character bank slots for all Captains. This is a free increase for all existing (and future) characters that will take effect when this week’s patch goes live.

    Read the blog here for full details.

    ~CaptainSmirk


    Translation - This is another bribe because there will be something in tomorrows patch, or coming very soon, that the player base will really not like. And since the bribes worked well to get the mindless sheep to download ARC we have no reason to believe it won't work now.

    Sorry everyone, but considering Cryptic/PWE's track record as of late there is zero percent chance they are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. Another major swing of the nerf hammer? Another useless addition that will bork half the game? I guess we shall see.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Guessing the new inventory slots will somehow get nerfed because of the pvpers. Somehow.
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Translation - This is another bribe because there will be something in tomorrows patch, or coming very soon, that the player base will really not like. And since the bribes worked well to get the mindless sheep to download ARC we have no reason to believe it won't work now.

    Sorry everyone, but considering Cryptic/PWE's track record as of late there is zero percent chance they are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. Another major swing of the nerf hammer? Another useless addition that will bork half the game? I guess we shall see.

    unfortunately, I have to share your pessimism. I can feel something big, something bad coming...
    <3 Defiant <3

    RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I was hoping for some epic news this week, and, well, I wasn't disappointed. Thanks so much!!
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,280 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Opa!

    There's two negatives!

    New it wouldn't last forever :)

    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • potasssiumpotasssium Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Forgive me for being a little confused here. I am a gold member who has already purchased Account Bank increases several times. I currently have 50 account bank slots, and my characters have 72 inventory slots from being a Gold Status member.

    Will I see an increase in my current inventory size, or will that increase be subsumed into my already large inventory space?
    Thanks for the Advanced Light Cruiser, Allied Escort Bundles, Jem-Hadar Light Battlecruiser, and Mek'leth
    New Content Wishlist
    T6 updates for the Kamarag & Vor'Cha
    Heavy Cruiser & a Movie Era Style AoY Utility Cruiser
    Dahar Master Jacket

  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Awesome. TY Cryptic!
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Mucho appreciated.

    Thanks Cryptic.
  • tardis70tardis70 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thank you, I needed the extra room
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,380 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Whats the catch?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Whats the catch?

    The inventory slots glitch and they can't be used. JK. No catch. lol
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Translation - This is another bribe because there will be something in tomorrows patch, or coming very soon, that the player base will really not like. And since the bribes worked well to get the mindless sheep to download ARC we have no reason to believe it won't work now.

    Sorry everyone, but considering Cryptic/PWE's track record as of late there is zero percent chance they are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. Another major swing of the nerf hammer? Another useless addition that will bork half the game? I guess we shall see.
    Since you're so concerned about the future of the game, that means you'll keep playing it regardless of what's to come. So look at it this way - whatever useless or terrible addition is upon us, you'll at least have some more inventory slots at no cost. And you don't even have to install Arc to get them.

    Give Cryptic credit when it's due. And if they're really going to TRIBBLE us soon, then you can, like, stop playing and all that.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Definitely happy to post a "Thank You" on an announcement (instead of my usual -- gee, I wish you would have done "X" instead of "Y")

    so... THANK YOU!!!!!




    Although, sorry to admit this was kinda my first thought:
    *looks around for the other shoe*
    :D

    Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

    DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

    STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • docducksdocducks Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This for us to carry stuff for the next rep?
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well now. I'll gripe about a lot of things...well, most anything- but not this. Lovin' it, good call, and thanks! :D
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hmmm the Galaxy Dreadnought you say?


    Well... there is always tomorrow. :D

    ~CaptainSmirk

    The announcement that the Gal-X is going to be relegated to a non-combat space pet...and everybody that bought the Gal-X will get 125 of them? You know, to go in all their new slots? :D
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,215 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Time to rain on the parade.

    Aren't these new slots going to slow down access to the bank, inventory, and server? After all, the reason why the mail system was reduced 100 was because it was affecting the server performance.

    :confused:
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Awesome,

    Best part is that I don't have to log in via Arc to get them :-)

    /\
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I guess that's supposed to alleviate somewhat troubles with the loadout system dumping items in inventory. But nice it is indeed.

    Now to start planning on how to best redistribute wealth, temporary investment and other between characters...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

    Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Credit where credit is due, you could have just said "we're increasing the number of times you can buy Inventory/Bank slots", so kudos and thanks for giving us additional space for free.

    That being said, why do I have the feeling that there'll be a bitter pill to swallow soon?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.