Comments

• Options
    tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    happy free inventory & bank space day!
  • Options
    neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Its a nice little bonus, main thing I wait is ship slots increased! Most of my ships now on my main are lockbox/lobi/fleet ships, and can't remove them :( 4 more would be nice...
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    How about No this will add another grind to a game that is already a grindfest

I suppose you'd prefer to just have everything handed to you on a silver platter so you don't even have to actually play the game at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I cannot resize the character bank slots in the vertical! (up & down) Please help! It started on one character, and is happening on all of them! I had a nice window w/ several rows viewable, and now it is stuck showing me two rows at a time! this is intolerable! Please help!!!
  • Options
    hakisho1990hakisho1990 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think that they should make purchase of increase account wide so you don't have to purchase it again for every captain you have. Ill be happy after your zen purchases are completely account wide.
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hm i got 24 main inventory slots and 24 bank slots extra dont know if that was whats planned, the announcement said 18/12.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kpg1usa wrote: »
    I cannot resize the character bank slots in the vertical! (up & down) Please help! It started on one character, and is happening on all of them! I had a nice window w/ several rows viewable, and now it is stuck showing me two rows at a time! this is intolerable! Please help!!!
    I think that is a bug, I have had it happen on the characters that I tried to increase the window size only to have it revert to the size it was previously. It is annoying, but I'll wait for a fix, if there is going to be one.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We are currently running a sale on Increased Storage Slots from the C-Store! Check out the full details at the links below.

Sale Blog Post
    Sale Forum Post for Discussion

Thanks players!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    forgottenmythforgottenmyth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Woot profit!!! :cool:
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hm i got 24 main inventory slots and 24 bank slots extra dont know if that was whats planned, the announcement said 18/12.

Silver players got 18 inventory slots and 12 bank slots. Lifetime subscribers (at max level) got 24 inventory slots and 24 bank slots. I'm not sure about monthly subscribers. Can we get confirmation whether this was intended?
    I think that is a bug, I have had it happen on the characters that I tried to increase the window size only to have it revert to the size it was previously. It is annoying, but I'll wait for a fix, if there is going to be one.

The bank window reverts to its default size and position if you close and reopen it. The inventory window seems to work fine.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is awesome :D
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    bladewolf5bladewolf5 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow...nice...thanks:)...really need more spaces.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If your extra bank and inventory slots don't show up on your character you may need to discharge it and reclaim it..........just kidding. :D
  • Options
    dinmndinmn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Awesome! Finally! This is great news!!!!

Thank you!

[Now a sale on the additional slot options, maybe... :D:rolleyes:]

EDIT: Nevermind, already ahead of me I see.
  • Options
    liquidacid29liquidacid29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ty... this is a good gift I mean inventory space is one of those things that you can never really have enough of
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Silver players got 18 inventory slots and 12 bank slots. Lifetime subscribers (at max level) got 24 inventory slots and 24 bank slots. I'm not sure about monthly subscribers. Can we get confirmation whether this was intended?

The bank window reverts to its default size and position if you close and reopen it. The inventory window seems to work fine.

Ha, I thought I had received more that 18 inventory slots. Couldn't really remember how many I had free the day before to confirm that though haha. Strange they never mentioned this difference in the blog post.

The bank window bug is something that used to happen a while back, annoying that it's back again.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    unikon wrote: »
    Subscribers get mostly everything that Lifetime players get. A few novelty things were added to Lifetime like the Captain's Table. But that's about it.

The major difference between them is that Lifetime players never have to subscribe again.

Free Players got a reduced amount of inventory/bank slots when the game went Free 2 Play if they weren't previously a subscriber like Silver Players. But after you subscribe once, every character got upgraded slots to Pre F2P levels as one of the incentives to subscribe.

To clarify, I meant extra slots in addition to the extra I already had.

Silver
    Inventory: Increased from 42 slots to 60 slots (+18).
    Bank: Increased from 48 slots to 60 slots (+12).

Gold
    Inventory: Increased from 72 slots to 96 slots (+24).
    Bank: Increased from 108 slots to 132 slots (+24).
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And in a week... we'll all be claiming that we need even more inventory/bank space... :P
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    And in a week... we'll all be claiming that we need even more inventory/bank space... :P

...which is the reason I proposed to rework the loot system instead of nudging the inventory spaces up over and over again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014

I don't think I'd like that system. I mean really, 90% of what you get in loot you sell within a few minutes or hours for the EC so it's not like everything that drops gets kept (anybody hoarding 5,000 small hypos really needs shot). Switching all loot to essentially the Rep system or crafting system would put off a lot of players, especially those who play it more for the MMO aspect rather than the Trek aspect (I'm here for the latter, but it'd still put me off). It's nice to get that random thing you never really knew you needed until it fell into your inventory and you check the stats and go "Oh, nice I'll put that on x right now". :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited March 2014

This is happening at the old social hubs like Earth Spacedock mostly. Thanks for the storage space though!

Also, the new storage slots for ships seems to be split 50/50 between starships and shuttles. Since we have more starships than shuttles in the game, can you please adjust this? The system will not let me add more starships, but seems ready to let me add several more shuttles, which is not helpful since we have more starships than shuttles.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would suggest a different concept/approach to our current loot/inventory space issue that I think could save a lot of dataspace (and possibly may even be a little more 'trek'):

GET RID OF LOOT

No really, hear me out: We receive all these items, weapons, armors, shields, consoles, equipment as 'loot' rewards for slaying the dragon... er... enemy. They all take up space in our bags/cargo hold. Because we receive these items as "accomplishments", they may even gain some emotional significance which makes us hold on to them even though we may not have a use for them.

What if instead of receiving the actual items that take up this space, we unlocked them as menu items; options that we can select from when clicking the appropriate item slot on our paperdoll/character/ship page. We would (normally) unlock them by gathering a "salvage" currency to purchase the unlock. Example: destroying enough Cardassian ships would give you enough Cardassian space salvage to unlock cardassian-esque equipment that you can select to use on your ship. (C-Store and special promo items would be unlocked on purchase or acquisition). Combine this with the rare data anomalies to unlock upgraded versions of items, and you have a new crafting system.

This would solve "my bag shows a lot of items, and so does my bank". It wouldn't solve "my character's object in the database takes up a tremendous amount of space, and must be limited so that it doesn't become infinite in size and destroy database performance."

You'd just make the more important problems less visible to the players. Not to mention the UI would get pretty nasty once you had more than a few options in each drop-down. And by nasty I don't just mean "huge drop-downs"; performance would go straight to Sto-vo-kor.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Love the new slots, still intend to get the new max, very happy. Other than the fact that neither one keeps the shape I want of them. Is there some way we will ever be able to set defaults (rows vs columns)for them?
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Firstly, THANK-YOU very much Cryptic for the FREE extra bank & inventory slots.

Secondly there's just one bug/glitch I'm dealing with: when I open my char's bank the pop up window always is the default small size that needs to be expanded to show all the bank slots at once. even after resizing/expanding several times, it still reverts to the default window size when I open it again.

No problems though, bugs or glitches with my main inventory window. That didn't even have to be resized after this great new patch.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    This is happening at the old social hubs like Earth Spacedock mostly. Thanks for the storage space though!

Also, the new storage slots for ships seems to be split 50/50 between starships and shuttles. Since we have more starships than shuttles in the game, can you please adjust this? The system will not let me add more starships, but seems ready to let me add several more shuttles, which is not helpful since we have more starships than shuttles.

I also noticed that the character's sidearms disappear when the character stands still, and reappear when they start moving again. This was not the case before, where the sidearms where always visible if you activated the eye icon next to the sidearm in the character screen. It would look better if the sidearm did not magically disappear as soon as the character stopped moving. Thanks!
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well I was going to buy more bank slots but considering half the time when I open the bank I can't expand it and when I do and reopen it it is minimized again I have opted to not buy any slots. When this is fixed I might look at buying more if the sale is still on.

I thank you for giving us some free slots and allowing us to buy more, but this bug is very annoying and I'd like to see it fixed asap as it happens on all my characters, regardless of faction. My wife is also getting it so it isn't just me. I also submitted a bug report in-game though at the time I thought it was confined to one character.

Also I would like to see more items stacked into bigger stacks. Like devices stacked to a 100 for example (instead of 20), same with lock boxes and other items that already stack, this would also help storage for players.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I love my new slots. I got tired of having to visit the vendor after nearly every mission, or get full due to a very long mission. So this helps me out. And the bank as well. Since they was full of the stuff for crafting incase they do a crafting revamp. And one of my others if full of lockboxes I tend to open when I get a chance.

Plus with weapons/armor sets for my character and ships. This also helps.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It doesn't solve the basic problem. All this change does is postpone the inevitable.

Matched sets, loadouts, tribbles, non-combat pets ad nauseum...

... should not be multiple inventory objects.

No amount of extra slots solves the problem that these should not be separate inventory items to begin with.

Throwing more slots at us is, at best, creating more inventory tedium. This was a bandaid change. "Oh we didn't think about that" became a scramble to save face.

So yeah, postpone the inevitable. It was an unexpected gift because it was flailing to recover from a design-absent approach. And as long as we're buying time to move tribbles etc out of inventory it is welcome.

But like Terrilyn on Massively, the end result is those of us who stay on, who spend real money month after month, are hitting a wall on collecting toys.

The end of Ultima Online and Everquest for me was when I realized I was spending more time fluffing my inventory than playing the game.

Thanks for the slots. Solve the real problem.
  • Options
    intrepid31intrepid31 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cryptic, Thank you very much for the free extra inventory & bank slots.

If you could fix the resizing issue with the bank that would be great.
    Not complaining just asking.

Thanks again