test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storage Slot Increase

Comments

• droidloverdroidlover Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the new inventory and bank slots. I really need them on my Romulan.

Now if they could just increase the maximum number of tabs allowed in the fleet banks.
  • woodyvalleywoodyvalley Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    *sigh* Well that is enough excitement for one day, back to grinding out fleet marks on my Klingon......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • precharprechar Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nice I'm gonna treat this like its my proper Free anniversary Gift many thanks Cryptic I know I sometimes give you guys a hard time but every now and again you pull something Great out of the bag :)
    It's your world Boss I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited February 2014
    Hmmm the Galaxy Dreadnought you say?

Well... there is always tomorrow. :D

~CaptainSmirk

Please tell them not to make a horrible business mistake by locking it behind a T5 shipyard!!
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Now this is a generous offer. Thanks, Cryptic.
  • maddwolfmaddwolf Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!....now if only you guys will increase the BOFF cap that way i can have a different crew for each ship and take advantage of all those different uniforms as well....;)
  • nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Translation - This is another bribe because there will be something in tomorrows patch, or coming very soon, that the player base will really not like. And since the bribes worked well to get the mindless sheep to download ARC we have no reason to believe it won't work now.

Sorry everyone, but considering Cryptic/PWE's track record as of late there is zero percent chance they are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. Another major swing of the nerf hammer? Another useless addition that will bork half the game? I guess we shall see.

well, you are probably very correct.
    i was playing most events since last summer until recently, when i got tiered around the anniversary event, and seeing the bribes for people with arc, i actually quitted playing or took an extended undefined vacation.
    i was just tiered of all the useless different narrow path fitted ships and all the insane grind on all the alts.

but i must say, this is a actual useful thing and i appreciate it.
    the best part, is that makes the game more enjoyable, by the flexibilization players items management.

happier players, play more, the game gets more alive and everyone gains more out of it (players and game company)

it would be very nice if account bank slots could be extended. why ?
    because it's a good place where to put supplies and datasamples and things that stack and can be shared among alts.

oh and thank you very much :)
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I love you. I love you and all the Dev team. PLEASE MARRY ME!!!

USE ME AS YOU WISH, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

Seriously, this is a tremendous gift that nobody saw coming. I absolutely adore you guys.

Thank you so much!

Why don't you just... :mad:

By the way, now that Trevor "smirked" about this Gal-X thing, we can already think about a nice goodbye present for him and get ready for a new warden
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I guess my years of ranting about storage have now been answered :)

Only storage issue to address after this is maybe something like a giant doff storage for use on starbases lol. This right here folks is news like getting 100 new KDF ships at once lol :D
  • max1002max1002 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes! I have been waiting for this for a long time :D
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why don't you just... :mad:

By the way, now that Trevor "smirked" about this Gal-X thing, we can already think about a nice goodbye present for him and get ready for a new warden

Hey, I am an emotional person! When the devs do something this generous, I get really excited and grateful.

And I'm pretty sure that Trevor was joking, but we shall see...
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Please tell them not to make a horrible business mistake by locking it behind a T5 shipyard!!

That's probably the best thing they could do with it. I know i'll be annoyed if they reveal a C-Store pack tomorrow, rather than a Fleet version.

Smirk didn't reveal - nor say - anything definitive.

And i'm pretty sure anything he does say regarding a possible reveal tomorrow has been cleared by the Devs.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited February 2014
    I guess my years of ranting about storage have now been answered :)

Only storage issue to address after this is maybe something like a giant doff storage for use on starbases lol. This right here folks is news like getting 100 new KDF ships at once lol :D

Can you please start ranting about overhauling older ships? I give you 2.5 years, and an extra bonus for 2 years straight. :D
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Translation - This is another bribe because there will be something in tomorrows patch, or coming very soon, that the player base will really not like. And since the bribes worked well to get the mindless sheep to download ARC we have no reason to believe it won't work now.

Sorry everyone, but considering Cryptic/PWE's track record as of late there is zero percent chance they are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. Another major swing of the nerf hammer? Another useless addition that will bork half the game? I guess we shall see.

Nope. There is nothing behind this, whatsoever, It has been done on the back of player feedback.
    edited February 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Hey, I am an emotional person! When the devs do something this generous, I get really excited and grateful.

And I'm pretty sure that Trevor was joking, but we shall see...

For the first part we have a good description in german, it is called #}{%%

Damn spellcheck, must have read my mind
  • leescottyleescotty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow this is the best news I heard for a long time since playing this game.

All I can say is THANK YOU
  • odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

lol, yeah, but it's also another way of saying he has a mangina.
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That's a pleasant surprise for a change. About time too! Thx. :)

Now, let us talk about purchasable Inventory / Bank Tabs. ;)

Always good to remember 'The Rules' ...
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014

:D:D:D

Just excitable. And a little hyperbolic.

IRL, the only man I'd TRIBBLE is George Takei, and that's because his voice is like liquid sex.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    because there's always is one.

while its nice to have its no account wide which means its per-toon

Actually, it's account wide. If you look, it does say for all "exisiting and future characters", which basically means it's an account "unlock", as it were.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I bet you've been dying for a piece of good news, that nobody could take in a negative light, since you became community manager eh?

This is great news, I look forward to the extra space for my loot. Thanks! :D
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks much for the increase!

I can't help but wonder if this is indicative of some underlying storage reorganization in preparation for other great things...

(wow posted 6 hours ago and already 11 pages of replies)
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Ofcourse they won't. They'll lock it behind a T3 of whatever the next fleet holding after the spire is! lol :D :P :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    ofcourse The Won't. They'll Lock It Behind A T3 Of Whatever The Next Fleet Holding After The Spire Is! Lol :d :p :d

Our New Holding.....fleet Sewage Works!
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Holy TRIBBLE, there are a lot of items in this game now...

Thank you so much for increasing the limit, and thank you even more for making it free. Not being able to subscribe or purchase ZEN really put a limit on my available gear and other items. This will really take some of the heat off.
  • kirahitomikirahitomi Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Our New Holding.....fleet Sewage Works!

No I'm afraid if we're talking the Gal-X and its involvement with a new Fleet Holding, given all the extra storage they just gave us then I'd have to say it'll probably be a Fleet Scrap Yard...
    "Lets see what this button does..."
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kirahitomi wrote: »
    No I'm afraid if we're talking the Gal-X and its involvement with a new Fleet Holding, given all the extra storage they just gave us then I'd have to say it'll probably be a Fleet Scrap Yard...

Specially armoured environment suits for rummaging through broken bits of metal in a vacuum.....
  • kirahitomikirahitomi Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Specially armoured environment suits for rummaging through broken bits of metal in a vacuum.....

Then we can create and fly ships like this; http://gaming.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/startrekonline/conceptart/urubian-1.jpg
    "Lets see what this button does..."
  • klintobean81klintobean81 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2014