test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storage Slot Increase

Comments

• vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Very welcome news. A couple of my toons were really struggling as they had everything they can get (and a few Cryptic didn't want like elite disruptor ground weapons on fed ;) ). Pets though were the worst culprit filling up nearly half my inventory.

Definitely be aiming to expanding a few of my toons.
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited February 2014
    For as much as I love to complain, on this one, I got nothing. :P

Thanks Cryptic! :)
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is awesome, we all needed this for a long time. I'm glad you helped us out on this.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is completely unexpected and very nice to hear! As someone who has often posted threads talking about (the lack of) storage space in STO, it's nice to see some attention brought to that, and it being done for FREE!

Thanks Cryptic!

Now, if only we can get non-combat/vanity pets to no longer take up inventory space once unlocked and to launched from the UI like action figures in Champions Online... :D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is indeed excellent news. I just made a new mule the other day to finally explore the updated Fed Tutorial. Thanks Dev Team for a very welcome upgrade. Now, lets talk about increasing the cap on purchasable Account Bank slots.

Oh and as to the "other shoe" as it were, maybe this is the good news after the Forum/Website changes that have so many of us installing Stylish on our browsers.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is there any thought in increasing slots to Fleet banks as well? Just curious
    DUwNP.gif

• captainjack21captainjack21 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    captainsmirk what happens to the people who bought the bank/inventory increase before the patch. would that be increased to?
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    captainsmirk what happens to the people who bought the bank/inventory increase before the patch. would that be increased to?

They are increasing the minimum amount of slots for all players. Any slots you purchased from the c-store and/or obtained from gold membership will be added on top of this new base amount. Tomorrow, everybody will be getting free bank and inventory slots for all characters, regardless if you purchased any from the c-store.

This is an account wide slot increase, meaning all characters you create later will start out with more free slots.

The character bank and inventory slots in the c-store will still be single character purchases.
    edited February 2014
    Let's see. Another bribe to shut us up?

Everybody complains about Arc. They give us a free Khan off duty outfit for all our characters for using Arc. Then later give us a single free ferengi shuttle and 20 lobi for using Arc.

Then we all complain about the anniversary ship going into the lobi store instead of being made into a fleet spire ship, which would have made more sense. So they increase the base amount of character bank and inventory slots for everybody.

So from now on everytime you do something to TRIBBLE us over and we complain about it, you're going to give us free stuff?

The free stuff is appreciated, but frankly, I'd rather you guys listened to player feedback instead.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Smirk: What does this do to the F2P vs. Gold matrix, which will be outdated now? (Since PWE is now entwined with ArcGames, the chart is now covered by a ArcGames splash.)
  • trickster34trickster34 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh nice, my space was getting pretty low, this will help greatly! Thanks guys! :D
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Much over due, My bank on my mail and at least one of my Alts is maxed out and almost full, This is most welcome.

Now hurry up and implement!

Shut up and take my ZEN!!
    edited February 2014
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    Smirk: What does this do to the F2P vs. Gold matrix, which will be outdated now? (Since PWE is now entwined with ArcGames, the chart is now covered by a ArcGames splash.)

It's been outdated for a long time already. Example: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3026713#Foundry%20Creator%20Access%20Silver
    Foundry Creator Access - Silver = The Foundry can be unlocked with purchase of Foundry Project Slots.

What purchasable foundry slots? I started playing the game Sept. 2012 and have never once seen foundry slots in the c-store or anywhere else to purchase. Not even the c-store on the old STO website. At the character select, as a silver player, the create content button on the character select screen was always grayed out. It became available when I bought a lifetime subscription.

I'm sure other stuff in that list has been outdated for a long time.

And I have no idea how to even access the Free-to-play matrix through the Arc website. I found it from a link in someone elses post on the forums.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's been outdated for a long time already. Example: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3026713#Foundry%20Creator%20Access%20Silver

What purchasable foundry slots? I started playing the game Sept. 2012 and have never once seen foundry slots in the c-store or anywhere else to purchase. Not even the c-store on the old STO website. At the character select, as a silver player, the create content button on the character select screen was always grayed out. It became available when I bought a lifetime subscription.

I'm sure other stuff in that list has been outdated for a long time.

And I have no idea how to even access the Free-to-play matrix through the Arc website. I found it from a link in someone elses post on the forums.

...it's a Dil purchase thing. Character select -> Create Content option on top -> Choose "Create a Character" and you'll be asked if you want to purchase slots.

If people would only stop to look instead of grousing...
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Then we all complain about the anniversary ship going into the lobi store instead of being made into a fleet spire ship, which would have made more sense. So they increase the base amount of character bank and inventory slots for everybody.
    How do you know this is the reason why Cryptic did this?
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Great news indeed! Now we can go another 4 years before needing to address this issue again.

Now we can keep all of our many ships alternate load out items in our inventory and still be out of space for loot.
    Have load outs swap items with wherever they're currently located (bank or on other ships), and all will be good.
    Has something changed?
    Database optimisations. They've been cleaning it up and optimising things which allows them to give us more ship/item/bank slots.
    I reckon this is a one off benefit.
    If/when we start hitting the wall again with limited space, it'll be harder to do next time around if at all. Im guessing.
    eazzie wrote: »
    yep the padawan is becoming a master ...... whoops wrong game lol
    The Ensign becomes the Commander?
    The inventory slots glitch and they can't be used.
    hehe
    But the glitch will only be for the Klingon faction and won't be resolved for at least 2 months.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sounds cool, what's the catch? What is coming in the future that we're going to become livid over that you're buying us out now? Sorry if I sound pessimistic, but I trust no one.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Oooohhh....

....Brandon has taught him well. :D :P

You better know it ;) We don't tease often*, but when we do, it's because there is usually substance behind it :D

Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

*okay, it's pretty often
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hmmm the Galaxy Dreadnought you say?

Well... there is always tomorrow. :D

~CaptainSmirk

Shame on you :D

But thanks for the extra bank slots ! Now I get to keep all ma new stuffs !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• mamif3mamif3 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You better know it ;) We don't tease often*, but when we do, it's because there is usually substance behind it :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

*okay, it's pretty often

I cant sleep......

nerf tomarrows announcement its op
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

*okay, it's pretty often

I'm gonna play it safe and say it's about Season 9.

No, wait, I change my answer: Step Between Stars II!

The Dreadnought Cruiser?

Tier V Con--PFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yessssss!!!! Please and thank you! Room for event ship boxes
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just so increase of inventory? Thank you Cryptic :)

edit: Waitwhat!?
    Hmmm the Galaxy Dreadnought you say?

Well... there is always tomorrow. :D

~CaptainSmirk

:eek:
  • anagrojanewayanagrojaneway Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

I am so tired of managing inventory. I spent two hours yesterday clearing out various characters, and with all the various items you have to collect for missions, etc., even being selective I have long since passed the point where I had to create extra characters just for storage use.

Even after all that work, I just pretty much made breathing room for myself - it wasn't going to be enough to really utilize the new loadout system. I love the system - but I knew I wouldn't be able to take full advantage of it under the current restrictions.

I also am very pleased that both free and paid storage is being expanded - giving everyone a boost, but still letting us purchase more if we need on certain toons.

THANK YOU!!
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Okay, I thank you Cryptic for giving us the extra storage, but honestly I never actually had much of a problem with the inventory space. Now, the account bank.........I hope there will be more free slots available soon....But really, thanks guys.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We will be increasing the number of main inventory slots, and the number of character bank slots for all Captains. This is a free increase for all existing (and future) characters that will take effect when this week’s patch goes live.

Read the blog here for full details.

~CaptainSmirk

I'm very happy with this. I know I've been ragging your butts about this, in the tribble section, that, for loadouts to work properly, primarily simply more inventory space is needed.

Not saying this to toot my own horn; but just to say I'm happy our new Community Manager is apparently taking a more active/direct approach to conveying what issues ppl are experiencing. I hope this trend continues. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Example: destroying enough Cardassian ships would give you enough Cardassian space salvage to unlock cardassian-esque equipment that you can select to use on your ship.

(!

How about No this will add another grind to a game that is already a grindfest
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Happy for the extra room, but feel I have to ask why the same curtsey of allowing us to buy extra fleet bank slots isn't extended at the same time. Why there's a so low limit on the number of slots in fleet banks when we have to buy them eludes me.