test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is this game in it's death throes by any chance?

Comments

• Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No you're still the only one looking foolish because your posts have only made people laugh at you instead of with you. :rolleyes:

Hey, be nice.

A good laugh improve's everbody's day. Well, okay...maybe not the guy being laughed at's, but that can be classified as "taking one for the team," right? ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    You'd know more about it, than I would, Ace.

Truer words were never posted.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nope. No Business Law degree whatsoever, not even a fake one. I am not an attorney, nor do I play one one on TV.

Well, you've certainly proved that beyond all doubt by your TRIBBLE poor understanding of business practices.

A vegetarian restaurant serving bacon, LMAO! :rolleyes:

I guess the next train I decide to ride, I'll book a trip to the Moon. It's a transportation company right? It should clearly be able to take me where I want to go.
  • Options
    gogereavergogereaver Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    yea the players you seek are in the elite ques crystalline infected and Khitomer. they also are on Dyson ground theirs no que for that you just go there. you will see 60+ in those playing nearly anytime of the day. also join a decent fleet and ask your mates if you wanna run something the pugs don't normally do at least in fubar inc people always are willing to do anything.

as for the games profit level this is pwi biggest money maker kinda funny being it was a money loser for cryptic and atiri.

as for pvp its just broken that's why nobody does them. and the missions you said have no effect on your progression in the game just go do your story ones.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gogereaver wrote: »
    yea the players you seek are in the elite ques crystalline infected and Khitomer. they also are on Dyson ground theirs no que for that you just go there. you will see 60+ in those playing nearly anytime of the day. also join a decent fleet and ask your mates if you wanna run something the pugs don't normally do at least in fubar inc people always are willing to do anything.

wow 60+ in a f2p mmo thats absolutely amazing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Go back to bed, kid. Come back when you can present something other than this same, old, absurdist, argument.

You first, as the point of my "absurdist argument" is that it's cheaper to turn away crackpots like you who demand outrageous things inappropriate for the business that's being run than it is to cater to all of your silly "customer is always right" whims.

Yeah, sure, the bacon only costs a couple bucks and someone's time to run out, get it, and cook it, but those "couple bucks" and time are better spent on someone's salary or the company's profits and serving another more mentally balanced customer. A company can't afford catering to the occasional nutjob who wants something that the company clearly doesn't provide.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Other than out of context jokes, do you have anything constructive to add?

No more nor less than you.
    A company can't afford catering to the occasional nutjob who wants something that the company clearly doesn't provide.

Correct. Further, the most "no exceptions, period" business owners I know started out like Captain "The Customer is Always Right."

Why did they do a full 180? Because they learned that word-of-mouth advertising means once one crackpot gets whatever he wants, he tells all his entitled crackpot friends. Before long, there's no such thing as the "occasional" nutjob, the company's reputation has made it the go-to destination for every entitled demander in a wide radius. Then the bottom line creeps in, and the competent business owner realizes they have a simple binary choice to make: start deciding what services the company provides and survive, or keep catering to the ever-increasing demands and die a slow death.
  • Options
    gogereavergogereaver Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    wow 60+ in a f2p mmo thats absolutely amazing

the ques all have 1 hr cooldowns after you play. that number only reflects the current instances. but to dumb it down for you if you que for any of those 3 you wait time will be seconds.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Customer is always right saying is one of the biggest lies in business. If the customer is always right, then I could go to some store that uses that saying and buy a bunch of computers, TVs, and other expensive equipment for only $1 since obviously the listed price of $700 for a computer is wrong and the price I set as a customer at $0.10 is right.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For over a week now I've had some tutorial and a couple of other missions (Breaking the Planet, Klingon Scout Force, The Big Dig and a couple of others), stuck on my mission log screen waiting to be done, the reason they have taken so long to play is because the only way to play them is via the PVE and PVP menu but no-one is ever around to do these missions.

Getting back to the OP's issue, I too am having difficulty starting these missions. I am a new player and currently a Vice Admiral if that makes any difference. I usually need to wait several hours or even days to get into the above 3 missions. Klingon Scout Force is by far the worst. For the past 10 days I have been queuing those missions (and others was well). I only played the KSF mission twice.

The 1st time I was thrown in and it was kinda like organized chaos from what I remember. I just wanted to learn what needed to be done next time. I think I finally started that mission on the 3rd or 4th day.

The 2nd time I played this mission was on the 7th or 8th day of waiting. I suppose there may have been some kinda AI running on the server that felt sorry for me 'cause I've been consistently queuing up that mission for several days in a row. I first I was pleasantly surprised that I finally got a 2nd chance to play this mission. The 2nd surprise was that I found out I was all by myself... literally!!! I waited around for about a minute, but no other player showed up... so since I was in the mission I decided to play it....

I took on the 50 or 60 ships in the 1st wave all by myself. I think they showed up 3 at a time. Going 1:60 would have been a slaughter. The mission easily took over an hour. I can't remember if there was a 2nd wave in that mission. I suppose I picked up a decent amount of equipment drops 'cause I actually had to sell things using the replicator to make room for more recent drops. In the end I completed the mission and never bothered queuing up again.
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You don't see the relationship between another regular, customer, and an increase in profits, and employee salaries?

Also here's the deal with "vegetarian" restaurants. The other restaurants have caught on, and now offer vegan/vegetarian selections on their menus. In today's food service climate, opening a strictly, vegetarian restaurant, would be like opening a paint store that only sells red paint. You've just alienated a large section of your customer base.

So, according to you, people who want bacon on a veggie burger are mentally unbalanced crackpots?

If you don't mind my asking, what is it you do for work? I suspect you are not a business owner, but, be honest.

If i went into a dairy queen and asked for a hot dog, it would be seriously stupid of me, since Dairy Queen does not make or have hot dogs.

Also, i have a cousin who is a vegan and she goes to ONLY vegetarian restaurants, and they seem to do fine
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You don't see the relationship between another regular, customer, and an increase in profits, and employee salaries?

It's not an increase, it's a decrease. The business is spending time and money to please one (1) customer when it can be better used to serve several more.
    Also here's the deal with "vegetarian" restaurants. The other restaurants have caught on, and now offer vegan/vegetarian selections on their menus. In today's food service climate, opening a strictly, vegetarian restaurant, would be like opening a paint store that only sells red paint. You've just alienated a large section of your customer base.

No. Not really, because the only people going into vegetarian restaurants are most likely... ahem... vegetarians. So as a vegetarian restaurant, your customer base only consists of vegetarians or the occasional omnivore who wants to dine vegetarian for the evening. Furthermore, vegetarian restaurants, as they naturally cater to vegetarians, will carry a larger selection of vegetarian dishes than the restaurant with the vegetarian sub-menu.

Unless of course you're going to insist that those other restaurants cater to your "customer is always right" demands and serve you a meal that isn't on their menu as well? You then clearly have serious entitlement issues and I wonder if you're a spoiled rich brat who got everything he wanted from mummy and daddy.
    So, according to you, people who want bacon on a veggie burger are mentally unbalanced crackpots?

They're a crackpot because they want meat in a place that obviously doesn't serve meat. Bacon is not a vegetable.
    If you don't mind my asking, what is it you do for work? I suspect you are not a business owner, but, be honest.

I've worked several service jobs here and there. I understand a little bit about reasonable requests from customers and unreasonable requests. More than I can say about you.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Guys, I am not exactly certain what all the arguing back and forth is accomplishing. No one is going to convince the other of their point of view and the last-word-itis is not doing anyone any good. It is better to walk away clean the sullied. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Dairy Queen does have hot dogs.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tomin8r wrote: »
    Dairy Queen does have hot dogs.
    They sure do. And pretzels, too.
    Not all DQs sell food. The one 6ish miles from my home only sells ice cream products and soft drinks. No hamburgers, no hotdogs, no pretzels.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like the fact this thread has been hijacked pmsl any way to all new players skip the pve missions to u hit lvl 50. Just do the story missions there great the 1st 2-3 times u do them.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Just to be clear, if meat is cooked inside a vegetarian restaurant, I would not eat the food there since it would have been touching an object that could have been touched by meat. We Vegans are a nutty bunch and will raise all sorts of hell over this. So sure add meat, lose other costumers who didn't want their food touching meaty objects :P
This discussion has been closed.