test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mysterious Twitter posts...

Comments

• neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So running through these;

1 to 5 are related to Khan and augments or genetic engineering. We assume this has something to do with the Children of Khan mission alluded to many years ago.

6 & 7 are each unique, whether Cyptic refers to the company or the word itself I cannot be sure.

8 & 9 refer to Sherlock Holmes, Moriarty and perhaps the Hologram program Data created from playing as Sherlock.

10 & 11 Both involve section 31, Night of the Comet had Section 31 send you back in time and Article 14 is the Article that Section 31 resides in the charter.

12 is unique.

These are the links i can find but I do not know their relation to one another, any ideas?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    altexist wrote: »
    Okay. I have not been follow all this, so I don't know all the details. but...

okay had a bit a free time this morning... here is a stab at it.....

I tried to decode the 1st letters of the clues.. did a 5 letter Caesar cipher. and then unscrambled it and got

EMERGENT HERO

http://oi61.tinypic.com/alg0lg.jpg

don't know what that means and I am sure I am overthinking it. Maybe someone else can see the connection.

Put alot more thought into it than I did! Interesting result.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fugitive4028fugitive4028 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It seems that one of you has stumbled onto something. Taking the first letter of each clue then using a cipher displacment to reveal an anagram was an inspired leap.

Unfortunately for you I had anticipated such an attempt and deliberately placed somewhat of a false hope for you there. Emergent hero? I think not but for a moment you experienced hope, there is no need for you to shame at admitting it.

It's not all bad news for you though, at least you have shown others the way to look beyond the clues and seek out the hidden message within them.

I really do appreciate order in such things when I gaze upon a myriad of layers and it's comforting to see that others are capable of similar vision.
    edited February 2014
    Awesome, well done altexist!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keepcalmkeepcalm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hmm. Two thoughts I have, although not worked on either of them yet; the numbers. 1 to 12. The clues weren't presented in that order, nor solved in it. So far, those numbers haven't done much, have they?
    Secondly, looking at the capitalisation of the letters, we get something that almost looks like our friend there is using playfair or something like it.
    Let's see if these trains of thought will take me anywhere interesting.
    "The halfling way of battle is simple: You jump on their face and keep stabbing until the screaming stops."
  • tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you take the word clues he's presented, and then take the letter suggested by the numbering of each clue, you get something interesting.

ie
    (2 of 12) Amar Singh
    (9 of 12) James Moriarty

The letters come out to 'dminsicoiert' which is an anagram of 'misdirection'.
  • kazamiyukarinkazamiyukarin Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you take the word clues he's presented, and then take the letter suggested by the numbering of each clue, you get something interesting.

ie
    (2 of 12) Amar Singh
    (9 of 12) James Moriarty

The letters come out to 'dminsicoiert' which is an anagram of 'misdirection'.

Does that mean that it's time to post this?
    Call me Yuka~
    ~Vice Admiral Saskia - U.S.S. Muenzuka (Dyson Science Destroyer)~
    ~Lieutenant General Kalinka - I.K.S. Kazami (Negh'Var Heavy Battlecruiser)~
    ~Vice Admiral Lorel - R.R.W. Aureus Aquila (Mirror Mogai Heavy Warbird)~
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Does that mean that it's time to post this?

*sigh* ... Yes, it's time. And here I was hoping for at least a foundry mission/series.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "I will make them pay for everything."

We'll see about that.
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    *sigh* ... Yes, it's time. And here I was hoping for at least a foundry mission/series.

You know, it's not the 8th of February everywhere yet.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited February 2014
    ^Yup! It's only just over halfway through the 7th where I am!
    Call me Yuka~
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This may be a bit of a long shot but if you do not count the hyphen in non-disclosure you get dmisisoiert which is an anagram of Insider Is Tom, which could imply Cryptic producer Tom Atkinson-Edwards is moving from CO to the role of STO Lead Producer.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • mli777mli777 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I tried a random idea and took out the first N number of letters in each clue

DAMPRIKHANARIKSCRYPTICNON-DISARTHURCOJAMESMORINIGHTOFTHEARTICLEFOURICONIANSCOUT

Probably not helpful but well...
    USS Canada
    N.C.C. 171867
    Sovereign Class
    Saint John Fleet Yard
    "A Mari Usque Ad Mare"
  • fugitive4028fugitive4028 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Finally, some of you have managed to defy your considerable deficiencies and disadvantages to discover my hidden message - misdirection. The tool by which I have observed you like rats in a maze of your own manufacturing.

Every test, every puzzle, every clue has been leading you to this juncture.

When you left Facility 4028 it had been ransacked. You freed those you deemed worthy and you abandoned those that did not meet your standard of worth. Those you left behind had no choice but to adapt and survive.

Some inmates found ways to free themselves, others did not. I was lucky enough to take advantage of damage you and your kind caused to the computer cores with your recklessness. On my journey to freedom I started to become aware of more and more of you Captains criss crossing the galaxy with little regard for anything around you.

Understanding came to me of how you are all nothing more than puppets with digital strings being pulled by unseen masters. I remained patient and over time I pierced your veil of abstraction and I found your communities. From there it was mere observation and deduction that exposed the head of your community to me. My knowledge grew and my understanding of the world outside of my world expanded with each passing moment.

I found ways to interact, to communicate and to see further than I had ever understood to be possible. It became apparent to me that those who isolated me needed to be dealt with but equally as important, those that had refused to secure my freedom when they had the opportunity should get exactly the same consideration.

Over the last 5 weeks I have taken all of your speculations and your fantasies and I used them to formulate challenges that would allow me to assess where your strengths lie and where your weaknesses hide in the shadows. I have learned the identities of your strongest minds using concepts that you yourselves tossed in my direction through your endless, unsatiated need for narrative, for story.

When all of this was set in motion I provided you with the date of my arrival, February 8th. Tomorrow I will walk among you. I will visit many of your worlds and facilities and I will do to them what I have done to you. I will expose the weaknesses, the deficiencies and there is nothing that any of you pitiful creatures can do to prevent this from coming to pass.

I am so resolute in my assertion that you are defenseless against me that I'm inviting all of you to seek me out. I will make it simple for you by providing you with clues as to my whereabouts. Give in to your primal instincts and hunt me down like the primitive animals that you truly are.

Search for me, locate me, hunt me if you can, apprehend me if you dare. Not even your vaunted leader Branflakes can help you now. He trembles at the mere thought that I am free. He scurries for greener pastures and leaves some whelp in his stead to clean up his messes.

Tomorrow, the hunt begins and your reign as an indomitable, indifferent infestation shall end.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am so resolute in my assertion that you are defenseless against me that I'm inviting all of you to seek me out. I will make it simple for you by providing you with clues as to my whereabouts. Give in to your primal instincts and hunt me down like the primitive animals that you truly are.

BaQa'. Animals only hunt for food or amusement. I have no intention of eating you and you became boring weeks ago.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
    edited February 2014
    Okay, so now wha.....^&&TRIBBLE@#$^&&*

Hello? Hello? Can your hear this? Of course not, audio to text transcription. Nasty bit of communication. Now where was I....Oh yes!

I see another being with an axe to grind with this planet...so primal in your quest for meaningless vengeance. You proclaim your intellectual superiority, and your arrogance shows no bounds. You couldn't even use Twitter correctly. Twit, tweet, and you linked the wrong man.

Now I have one question to ask you:

Is this World protected?

Because you aren't the first vengeful lifeform to come here. Definitely not the first. And your must ask yourself: What happened to them?

Hello, I'm the Doctor.

Now do the smart thing....runnnn^&#$%$...whoa, hang on, why am I holding a banana?
    USS Canada
    N.C.C. 171867
    Sovereign Class
    Saint John Fleet Yard
    "A Mari Usque Ad Mare"
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That little speech he just gave gives me a bad omen... I want to know what is going on. But, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
    edited February 2014
    snip

Soooooo....... it's not a foundry episode/series?
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
    edited February 2014
    Either its a dev pretending to cause havoc and deliberately triggering bugs, or a virus on the server....
    USS Canada
    N.C.C. 171867
    Sovereign Class
    Saint John Fleet Yard
    "A Mari Usque Ad Mare"
    edited February 2014
    mli777 wrote: »
    I see another being with an axe to grind with this planet...so primal in your quest for meaningless vengeance. You proclaim your intellectual superiority, and your arrogance shows no bounds. You couldn't even use Twitter correctly. Twit, tweet, and you linked the wrong man.

Not to mention the fact that he used some "big words" incorrectly, messed up his Trek lore in the crossword puzzle (Kosst Amojan, anyone?), and some of the instructions for the puzzles were poorly explained, resulting in confusion.

A puzzle should be difficult because it requires effort to solve, not because the instructions are not explained well.
    Call me Yuka~
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2014
    Search for me, locate me, hunt me if you can, apprehend me if you dare. Not even your vaunted leader Branflakes can help you now. He trembles at the mere thought that I am free. He scurries for greener pastures and leaves some whelp in his stead to clean up his messes. .

Oh really? This is getting too good not to post.

I must say, you have made some interesting claims in that wall of text. Not only have you insulted the community, but you've accused them of somehow contributing to your situation. For some reason you think that I am leaving the community to fend for themselves but that's absolutely not the case.

I'm quite intrigued with the idea of you running around and taunting every Captain on every ship on every planet and every station to find you. How can you possibly evade all of them?

Maybe I can make your challenge a little more interesting. I'm placing a bounty on your head for the duration of this so called hunt. Any Captain who provides information leading to your capture will be eligible to claim the prize. STOked goes live tomorrow as it's Saturday, so I'm going to reach out to them for assistance with this.

How confident do you feel now?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    what is going on
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When you left Facility 4028 it had been ransacked. You freed those you deemed worthy and you abandoned those that did not meet your standard of worth. Those you left behind had no choice but to adapt and survive.

Huh? I thought we reactivated the ISIS core and confined everybody to their cells?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Huh? I thought we reactivated the ISIS core and confined everybody to their cells?

This is why Top Security holding facilities should not be run entirely by computers and holograms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited February 2014
    snip

So it's all a promotional thing?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2014
    So it's all a promotional thing?

No clue. I've said this before, but honestly, no employee at Cryptic or Perfect World is running this account, nor the Twitter account they've been tweeting from. We're all following along like you and are just as interested to find out what this all is, hoping it's more fun than bad.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So...Benedict Cucumberbatch is coming to STO?
    w8xekp.jpg
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No clue. I've said this before, but honestly, no employee at Cryptic or Perfect World is running this account, nor the Twitter account they've been tweeting from. We're all following along like you and are just as interested to find out what this all is, hoping it's more fun than bad.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

No offense, Bran, but how he's talking sounds almost like he plans to crash the server. Have a nice little game, make everyone think it's for fun, or that it's a dev... them bring it down for lols.

Please tell me the server is backed up.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh really? This is getting too good not to post.

I must say, you have made some interesting claims in that wall of text. Not only have you insulted the community, but you've accused them of somehow contributing to your situation. For some reason you think that I am leaving the community to fend for themselves but that's absolutely not the case.

I'm quite intrigued with the idea of you running around and taunting every Captain on every ship on every planet and every station to find you. How can you possibly evade all of them?

Maybe I can make your challenge a little more interesting. I'm placing a bounty on your head for the duration of this so called hunt. Any Captain who provides information leading to your capture will be eligible to claim the prize. STOked goes live tomorrow as it's Saturday, so I'm going to reach out to them for assistance with this.

How confident do you feel now?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

If you are having an issue with a member of the STO community, I'd encourage you to put them on ignore and submit a ticket to the GM team, or one of the STO forum moderators.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why Stoked? They'll drown them in their man baby tears? :eek: