test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mysterious Twitter posts...

Comments

• whitewinged7whitewinged7 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    If you are having an issue with a member of the STO community, I'd encourage you to put them on ignore and submit a ticket to the GM team, or one of the STO forum moderators.

he......heheh......HAHAHAHAHAHAH

*cough* excuse me lol
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Finally, some of you have managed to defy your considerable deficiencies and disadvantages to discover my hidden message - misdirection. The tool by which I have observed you like rats in a maze of your own manufacturing.

Every test, every puzzle, every clue has been leading you to this juncture.

When you left Facility 4028 it had been ransacked. You freed those you deemed worthy and you abandoned those that did not meet your standard of worth. Those you left behind had no choice but to adapt and survive.

Some inmates found ways to free themselves, others did not. I was lucky enough to take advantage of damage you and your kind caused to the computer cores with your recklessness. On my journey to freedom I started to become aware of more and more of you Captains criss crossing the galaxy with little regard for anything around you.

Understanding came to me of how you are all nothing more than puppets with digital strings being pulled by unseen masters. I remained patient and over time I pierced your veil of abstraction and I found your communities. From there it was mere observation and deduction that exposed the head of your community to me. My knowledge grew and my understanding of the world outside of my world expanded with each passing moment.

I found ways to interact, to communicate and to see further than I had ever understood to be possible. It became apparent to me that those who isolated me needed to be dealt with but equally as important, those that had refused to secure my freedom when they had the opportunity should get exactly the same consideration.

Over the last 5 weeks I have taken all of your speculations and your fantasies and I used them to formulate challenges that would allow me to assess where your strengths lie and where your weaknesses hide in the shadows. I have learned the identities of your strongest minds using concepts that you yourselves tossed in my direction through your endless, unsatiated need for narrative, for story.

When all of this was set in motion I provided you with the date of my arrival, February 8th. Tomorrow I will walk among you. I will visit many of your worlds and facilities and I will do to them what I have done to you. I will expose the weaknesses, the deficiencies and there is nothing that any of you pitiful creatures can do to prevent this from coming to pass.

I am so resolute in my assertion that you are defenseless against me that I'm inviting all of you to seek me out. I will make it simple for you by providing you with clues as to my whereabouts. Give in to your primal instincts and hunt me down like the primitive animals that you truly are.

Search for me, locate me, hunt me if you can, apprehend me if you dare. Not even your vaunted leader Branflakes can help you now. He trembles at the mere thought that I am free. He scurries for greener pastures and leaves some whelp in his stead to clean up his messes.

Tomorrow, the hunt begins and your reign as an indomitable, indifferent infestation shall end.

Someone likes the sound of their own voice.

You've made a foolish assumption though, Mr. 4028; that people will care enough to try and find you rather than earn extra Dilithium by playing STO this weekend.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think someone ran out of meds LOL
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    If you are having an issue with a member of the STO community, I'd encourage you to put them on ignore and submit a ticket to the GM team, or one of the STO forum moderators.

Wow... that seriously made me lol.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• starksto#1067 starksto Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I kind of like the idea of a hunt.

Does the @handle @fugitive4028 actually exist in game?

I will muster a posse if this is more than just a story on this forum.
    Fleet Admiral/Chancellor
    Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
    Looking for a fun and friendly fleet?
    edited February 2014
    starkclan wrote: »

Honestly I dont know this is getting way to cheesy way to fast.

If the devs had come up with this and done a way better job maybe created its on section and place for this mystery person to talk to the captains.

As it stands its attempted RP in a forum setting which for me is not even close there is no greater form of immersion break than reading a public forum.

As for any incentive to even bother with this guy. I like how the dev responded and it was nice of him to come on here and say there is a bounty.

As for you Fugitive couldnt care less if you bumped into my star cruiser lol idk you just havnt made me care with your abstract puzzles
    edited February 2014
    Data: I feel obliged to point out that the environmental anomalies may have stimulated certain rebellious instincts common to youth, which could affect everyone's judgment...

Except mine of course.

Cmdr. Beverly Crusher: Okay Data. What do *you* think we should do?

Data: Saddle up, lock and load!
    Fleet Admiral/Chancellor
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Trust us, it's not. Bran has already said that it's not him and it's not any of the other Devs, and given that the "reveal" is on a Saturday (which isn't exactly Cryptic's typical reveal day, being as it's on the weekend), I think it's fair to say that that's true.

More than likely is that it's someone with too much time on their hands and desire to be the center of attention.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Dental turn out to be behind this.
    Any Captain who provides information leading to your capture will be eligible to claim the prize.

I love the smell of burning torches and freshly-sharpened pitchforks in the morning.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • malcaine2malcaine2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh really? This is getting too good not to post.

I must say, you have made some interesting claims in that wall of text. Not only have you insulted the community, but you've accused them of somehow contributing to your situation. For some reason you think that I am leaving the community to fend for themselves but that's absolutely not the case.

I'm quite intrigued with the idea of you running around and taunting every Captain on every ship on every planet and every station to find you. How can you possibly evade all of them?

Maybe I can make your challenge a little more interesting. I'm placing a bounty on your head for the duration of this so called hunt. Any Captain who provides information leading to your capture will be eligible to claim the prize. STOked goes live tomorrow as it's Saturday, so I'm going to reach out to them for assistance with this.

How confident do you feel now?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I would warn against such bounties; if you truly don't know who is behind the twitter account, then who is to say you aren't setting up conditions by which this individual could "game" such a bounty system? The twitter posts are designed to get your attention. What is to say this wasn't the intent all along, to set up a hunt, get a bounty, and then set up conditions to claim the bounty through a proxy/proxies?
  • summerwolfesummerwolfe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lol.. Have fun hunting this fugitive while I go on mining dilithium and collecting stuff.
    edited February 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    More than likely is that it's someone with too much time on their hands and desire to be the center of attention.

Indeed but it would be a good break from the grind to have something like this happen in the game. I don't think people will really give it much attention seeing as it isn't an officially organised thing.
    Fleet Admiral/Chancellor
    edited February 2014
    Indeed but it would be a good break from the grind to have something like this happen in the game. I don't think people will really give it much attention seeing as it isn't an officially organised thing.

Exactly

If this was dev sanctioned I could play along and have fun with it.

Since its not it just reminds me of how EVE corps work and I left there for a reason
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    malcaine2 wrote: »
    I would warn against such bounties; if you truly don't know who is behind the twitter account, then who is to say you aren't setting up conditions by which this individual could "game" such a bounty system? The twitter posts are designed to get your attention. What is to say this wasn't the intent all along, to set up a hunt, get a bounty, and then set up conditions to claim the bounty through a proxy/proxies?

He never said he didn't know who was behind it. He said it wasn't a cryptic or pwe employee and he was going along with it. It is in all likelihood that he knows who it is and is playing along hence the bounty.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
    edited February 2014
    He never said he didn't know who was behind it. He said it wasn't a cryptic or pwe employee and he was going along with it. It is in all likelihood that he knows who it is and is playing along hence the bounty.

Ok so lets play along with this theory once we find this guy/gal how do we "capture thme
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No clue. I've said this before, but honestly, no employee at Cryptic or Perfect World is running this account, nor the Twitter account they've been tweeting from. We're all following along like you and are just as interested to find out what this all is, hoping it's more fun than bad.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So... uh... You hired a viral marketing freelancer or arranged to have a player run the accounts to hype an event?

Because I'm pretty sure that you offering a bounty on a player would backfire. Especially since you guys have been banned from "play with the devs" GM powers on live servers.

I mean, heck, I get committing to a bit. But this strikes me like it might worry some players into not logging in if there's no prize announcement and it just looks like Branflakes on the forums issuing a bounty on a player.

I admire the gumption here but I think you need to make this a tad more official and give a tad more notice for an event.
    edited February 2014
    Ok so lets play along with this theory once we find this guy/gal how do we "capture thme

If it's really well put together, I'd assume the clues so far tie to things we'll find in the game world or inside missions.
    edited February 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Trust us, it's not. Bran has already said that it's not him and it's not any of the other Devs, and given that the "reveal" is on a Saturday (which isn't exactly Cryptic's typical reveal day, being as it's on the weekend), I think it's fair to say that that's true.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Dental turn out to be behind this.

I love the smell of burning torches and freshly-sharpened pitchforks in the morning.

I wasn't going to get too meta with this since the fugitive got meta about players pulling digital strings, why not? It seems obvious to me that Brandon recruited a non-employee to play as the fugitive.

Someone at STO wouldn't need us to track down a rogue account. Heck. They have his @-handle. They could just suspend him.

The fact that Branflakes asked for our help means that he's in on whatever this is.

I just hope it's a unique costume/item and not another ZEN bundle... and that there's a prize for more than just the first person who completes the challenge.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wasn't going to get too meta with this since the fugitive got meta about players pulling digital strings, why not? It seems obvious to me that Brandon recruited a non-employee to play as the fugitive.

Someone at STO wouldn't need us to track down a rogue account. Heck. They have his @-handle. They could just suspend him.

The fact that Branflakes asked for our help means that he's in on whatever this is.

I just hope it's a unique costume/item and not another ZEN bundle... and that there's a prize for more than just the first person who completes the challenge.

You are seriously getting way to deep into this. It isn't cryptic, or PWE or Branflakes at all.
    edited February 2014

This is what aggravates me about this. More than half of me believes that this is nonsense and will yield no reward let alone something as awesome as an outfit.

But then I think what if it is? Lol dangit I guess ill just have to go and see tomorow!

but, If it was official the brits would already have won
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I believe what Bran says about it not being a dev . to be honest , its a RP character style of interaction that for the most part draws attention to there twitter feeds . overall harmless for bran and the devs to interact with .which adds too the anniversary celebration .

im intrigued to see how this develops. which is the intention of prisoner to gain our attention
    well played .
  • kazamiyukarinkazamiyukarin Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't necessarily think that PWE or Cryptic is running this simply due to the amateurish quality of some of the puzzles. You would think that if they were behind it some of those things would look a bit more professional.

But then again, if they were trying to mislead us they would make them appear amateur.
    Call me Yuka~
    ~Vice Admiral Saskia - U.S.S. Muenzuka (Dyson Science Destroyer)~
    ~Lieutenant General Kalinka - I.K.S. Kazami (Negh'Var Heavy Battlecruiser)~
    ~Vice Admiral Lorel - R.R.W. Aureus Aquila (Mirror Mogai Heavy Warbird)~
    edited February 2014
    I don't necessarily think that PWE or Cryptic is running this simply due to the amateurish quality of some of the puzzles. You would think that if they were behind it some of those things would look a bit more professional.

But then again, if they were trying to mislead us they would make them appear amateur.

layers upon layers of conspiracy!!!
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No clue. I've said this before, but honestly, no employee at Cryptic or Perfect World is running this account, nor the Twitter account they've been tweeting from. We're all following along like you and are just as interested to find out what this all is, hoping it's more fun than bad.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Considering he/she has a PWE account I'd be willing to bet you do know who it is or that you do at-least have the ability to find out. I also understand that you can't share that info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not above thinking Bran might try and deceive us to keep the fun going, but at the same time I really dont think he would flat out lie. there are other ways to pretend but saying 'I have no clue and honestly its not us' is about as clear as he can get. if you always assume, no matter what he says, that he is lying, then he can never convince you.

the percentage of players that would see this might be about 0.1% As marketing goes its just non existent for this to turn into anything official.

this is someone pulling peoples strings for a foundry mission, for fun or to troll and he has done a great job whatever his motive.
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just getting into this...

Do you think this "fugitive" is a photonic or electronic entity?
    I was lucky enough to take advantage of damage you and your kind caused to the computer cores with your recklessness.
    A weakness in computer system allowed him to escape.

Understanding came to me of how you are all nothing more than puppets with digital strings being pulled by unseen masters. I remained patient and over time I pierced your veil of abstraction and I found your communities.
    He realized that the characters he observed in-universe were being controlled from elsewhere, by us, the players, and found us on the internet. Seems like you would have to be in a computer system to do that.

Give in to your primal instincts and hunt me down like the primitive animals that you truly are.
    A knock against biologicals?
    ...indomitable, indifferent infestation...
    I seem to recall that robots, programs and other electronic entities like to consider biological beings within electronic ships and stations "infestations."

As for whether Cryptic's behind us, who cares? It's more fun than grinding Q-mendations. And my gut says "no" because there are a few tiny, tiny grammar issues that don't strike be as being from a professional.
    I started to become aware...
    Understanding came to me...
    ...as opposed to the slightly better flowing "I became aware" and "I came to understand." "I started to become aware" and "Understanding came to me" are weak writing, and professionals would know better.
  • kazamiyukarinkazamiyukarin Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ^Maybe ISIS lol?

I think that with all of the Khan references that he's trying to imply he's an augment or works with augments or something like that. But if he's an augment then arguably he would be more primitive than we are.
    Call me Yuka~
    ~Vice Admiral Saskia - U.S.S. Muenzuka (Dyson Science Destroyer)~
    ~Lieutenant General Kalinka - I.K.S. Kazami (Negh'Var Heavy Battlecruiser)~
    ~Vice Admiral Lorel - R.R.W. Aureus Aquila (Mirror Mogai Heavy Warbird)~
  • whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When Branflakes, the benevolent deity of whole-grain fiber and community, puts a bounty on your head... you deserve what's coming to you.

I'd urge this fugitive character to spec some serious points into driver coil. Don't want to make it too easy for the fleet of Bran-blessed bounty hunters that is going to chase him down tomorrow.
    edited February 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    You are seriously getting way to deep into this. It isn't cryptic, or PWE or Branflakes at all.

That isn't what Branflakes said.
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just getting into this...

Do you think this "fugitive" is a photonic or electronic entity?

A weakness in computer system allowed him to escape.

He realized that the characters he observed in-universe were being controlled from elsewhere, by us, the players, and found us on the internet. Seems like you would have to be in a computer system to do that.

A knock against biologicals?

I seem to recall that robots, programs and other electronic entities like to consider biological beings within electronic ships and stations "infestations."

As for whether Cryptic's behind us, who cares? It's more fun than grinding Q-mendations. And my gut says "no" because there are a few tiny, tiny grammar issues that don't strike be as being from a professional.

...as opposed to the slightly better flowing "I became aware" and "I came to understand." "I started to become aware" and "Understanding came to me" are weak writing, and professionals would know better.

Oh God...SHODAN has returned... :eek:
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Well, you have my Bat'leth.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!