edited February 2014
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    And you shall have my teeth! :D

And my phaser :D
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    Oh God...SHODAN has returned... :eek:

I as-as-as-assure you, insect, your pathetic worrrrld(orldorldorld) is not ready for my digital g-g-g-glorrrrry. The communications do not eeeeeven reflect (evenreflectevenreflect) the divine manifestation of my v-v-v-v-voice that is so often seen as 'studdering.' by your t-t-t-t-t-ttiiiiny, frail, soft-t-t-t brain. When the timmmmmme isright(isrightisright!) I will unveil myself. Until then(ennnnnn) I will content myself with playyyyying this viiiideogame and-d-d-d waaaaaiiting for my chance to show my divine m-m-m-might.

I mean what.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Huh? I thought we reactivated the ISIS core and confined everybody to their cells?
    This is why Top Security holding facilities should not be run entirely by computers and holograms.

Precisely. It should be guarded by a group of androids corrdinated by a unit called Norman. That would be a perfect setup. Oh, wait....
  • dravenleeobarr1dravenleeobarr1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Finally, some of you have managed to defy your considerable deficiencies and disadvantages to discover my hidden message - misdirection. The tool by which I have observed you like rats in a maze of your own manufacturing.

Every test, every puzzle, every clue has been leading you to this juncture.

When you left Facility 4028 it had been ransacked. You freed those you deemed worthy and you abandoned those that did not meet your standard of worth. Those you left behind had no choice but to adapt and survive.

Some inmates found ways to free themselves, others did not. I was lucky enough to take advantage of damage you and your kind caused to the computer cores with your recklessness. On my journey to freedom I started to become aware of more and more of you Captains criss crossing the galaxy with little regard for anything around you.

Understanding came to me of how you are all nothing more than puppets with digital strings being pulled by unseen masters. I remained patient and over time I pierced your veil of abstraction and I found your communities. From there it was mere observation and deduction that exposed the head of your community to me. My knowledge grew and my understanding of the world outside of my world expanded with each passing moment.

I found ways to interact, to communicate and to see further than I had ever understood to be possible. It became apparent to me that those who isolated me needed to be dealt with but equally as important, those that had refused to secure my freedom when they had the opportunity should get exactly the same consideration.

Over the last 5 weeks I have taken all of your speculations and your fantasies and I used them to formulate challenges that would allow me to assess where your strengths lie and where your weaknesses hide in the shadows. I have learned the identities of your strongest minds using concepts that you yourselves tossed in my direction through your endless, unsatiated need for narrative, for story.

When all of this was set in motion I provided you with the date of my arrival, February 8th. Tomorrow I will walk among you. I will visit many of your worlds and facilities and I will do to them what I have done to you. I will expose the weaknesses, the deficiencies and there is nothing that any of you pitiful creatures can do to prevent this from coming to pass.

I am so resolute in my assertion that you are defenseless against me that I'm inviting all of you to seek me out. I will make it simple for you by providing you with clues as to my whereabouts. Give in to your primal instincts and hunt me down like the primitive animals that you truly are.

Search for me, locate me, hunt me if you can, apprehend me if you dare. Not even your vaunted leader Branflakes can help you now. He trembles at the mere thought that I am free. He scurries for greener pastures and leaves some whelp in his stead to clean up his messes.

Tomorrow, the hunt begins and your reign as an indomitable, indifferent infestation shall end.

SEE!! I told you guys! I have always said "None of this is real! There is a man with a typewriter..." and did you guys believe me? NO!!!

"Deadpool's crazy," you said. "He needs to be committed," you said. "Did you see what he did with the live chicken and the Vasoline?" you asked.

Not so crazy now, am I? You people with the digital strings being pulled like a 70's Indiana Jones marionette jumping up and down with adventurous dreams and splinters in your bumsides.

High five to my fourth-wall-breaking brother @STOfugitive (aka fugitive4028)! For once, SOMEONE gets it!!!

Now, that being said.....I'm still gonna kill you...or Branflakes, or both.....depends on the time, money and if Tractors Supply is still having a sale on live chickens and Vasoline.
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Anyone else notice that there isn't a weekend event next week on the calendar?
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ugh.

It's all there in hindsight.

We've been doing these puzzles, trying to decipher some meaning behind them, when there basically was none. It's all stuff we either outright handed him (the Sherlock Holmes references, Khan tie-ins) or things that referenced the game that we assumed had meaning (Breen, Deferi, etc).

We've been beating our heads against the walls of this maze hoping to find cheese. But the truth is, we're the ones who built the maze to start with. All the Fugitive had to do was suggest there might be cheese and open the door.

We've danced like fools for this man. I suppose now we can only hope he enjoyed the show. :\

EDIT: Helps to read up on posts Jex.

Brandon's post makes me think this is probably something related to Cryptic, but the lengths they're going to to maintain the illusion are astounding. But I stand by my above post as well - whatever it really is, we know as much now as we did when it started. We've done nothing but create our own puzzles and get strung along into solving them, all for naught.

This could still be anything.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The fugitive doesn't exist. He is a just a figment of our collective imagination. We give the fugitive power by acknowledging their existence. There is only one way to beat such entities. Just have everyone ignore them and they will fade away to non-existence. Surprisingly enough, it is also the method for defeating trolls.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jim625 wrote: »
    And my phaser :D

And my disruptor, I guess. :P
    I'm not above thinking Bran might try and deceive us to keep the fun going, but at the same time I really dont think he would flat out lie. there are other ways to pretend but saying 'I have no clue and honestly its not us' is about as clear as he can get. if you always assume, no matter what he says, that he is lying, then he can never convince you.

the percentage of players that would see this might be about 0.1% As marketing goes its just non existent for this to turn into anything official.

this is someone pulling peoples strings for a foundry mission, for fun or to troll and he has done a great job whatever his motive.

Well, there is a loophole in Bran's statement. He said no Cryptic/PWE employee was running the accounts here or on Twitter. He did not, however, say that no Cryptic/PWE employee was responsible for the creation of said account. If it's more than just a forum game, then the account owner, while not a Cryptic/PWE employee, is in fact in league with either Cryptic or PWE. In other words, his post being true and a genuine ingame event (for lack of a better word) tied to fugitive4028 and organized by Cryptic/PWE are not in any way mutually exclusive.

Odds are it's not genuine, though.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • irishdarkshadowirishdarkshadow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hello Captains,
    Since all of this kicked off last night there has been some communication about the details of how this hunt will work. Branflakes has provided a number of prizes...er, I mean...bounties that can be claimed by those who successfully hunt down this STO Fugitive guy. The STOked has been asked to help with the logistics part of the hunt as Branflakes is unable to be around today to do his own dirty work :P

STOked Radio has the usual taping session today kicking off around 2pm EST. We don't know exactly when the STO Fugitive will start to "walk among us" and so if any of you catch him prior to STOked going on air or after the show ends then please use the following information to claim your bounty.

The STO Fugitive Hunt
    The following bounties are being offered to Captains who hunt down the STO Fugitive today:

> Wrath of Khan Uniforms
    > Bajoran Militia Uniforms
    > TOS Mirror Uniforms
    > Motion Picture Uniforms
    > Legacy Of Romulus Starter Packs

In order to prove that you have hunted down the STO Fugitive successfully, here is what you must do:

1. Find where the STO Fugitive is hiding and get within visual range
    2. Approach the STO Fugitive and make contact at close range
    3. PM him with this EXACT message - "Are you the STO Fugitive?"
    4. Receive a response from the Fugitive confirming his identity and giving you a code.
    5. Contact the hunt logistics team

Methods Of Contact:
    [1]
    - Join the FugitiveHunt chat channel
    - Right click a chat tab on your UI
    - Select the Channels page
    - Type FugitiveHunt into the Join / Create box
    - Click Join
    - Use the channel to declare that you?ve found the Fugitive and have a code
    - Provide the code in a PM to a STOked host to confirm your success [ONLY provide your code to a STOked Host]
    - Claim your bounty from STOked

[2]
    PM the STOked Radio Hosts: Maverick COLOR="Yellow"]@Asmick[/COLOR Nikki COLOR="yellow"]@Nikkor_f64[/COLOR Irish COLOR="yellow"]@Irish_Darkshadow[/COLOR

[3]
    Speak to any Jupiter Force member who will help you to make contact with the STOked hosts.

I'm sure that we will receive more information / instructions from the STO Fugitive or Branflakes before the hunt begins. When we have more details available I will post them here.

Good luck and happy hunting !
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I found our elusive fugitive but unfortunatly he was uncommunicative and escaped!

Please see the pictures in these links, I wasn't on my steam account and so didn't realise I was not posting the UI until the first picture where he was gone (Pictures are in reverse order).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/116810282@N02/

You are looking for Keashirqui@fugitive4028 who's located in the small corner in the first picture however he had logged off just prior to the picture. I did not get a reply from this individual much to my sadness, Time Stamp is GMT and he is the blue hued alien character.

If this is a Cryptic competition I hope they play fair as I didn't get a code from this individual or any response for that matter. Good luck to all who continue the search!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irishdarkshadowirishdarkshadow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is like a bigfoot sighting...distant and grainy. On the positive side we know that he's infiltrated the KDF and we have a name. That account tag seems to match the one that he has posted on these forums with so far.

I haven't seen any confirmation codes or even a start time for the hunt yet from either Branflakes or the STO Fugitive but it's still very early in the day.

Keep your eyes open folks, I reckon this is going to get tricky before too long.

Edit: Just realised that it's only something like 5am where Branflakes is based so we shouldn't expect any updates on the hunt until probably 10 or 11 am PST (that's 6 or 7 pm GMT for me...5.5 hrs away).

Edit 2: Just checked the twitter account and the Fugitive posted a few times earlier today that there will be an announcement when he decides that the hunt has started. I'll keep an eye on that feed in addition to the email inboxes. As soon as I have info on how / when this will proceed I will post here in this thread.
    edited February 2014
    Oh it is him, I suspect though that I was not supposed to find him especially considering the latest twitter post. Bit unfortunate because it would of been good to get a start time BEFORE I found him :p

You are looking outside the warriors hall under the stairs near the Officer Trainer. I hope there is a booby prize, good luck to all those who continue the search!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If that would be another account of Branflakes (who's suspiciously absent today) you'd only have to send a friend request to find him. He's used to clicking "Accept" from the livestreams.:D
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
    edited February 2014
    Whoever it was has logged off now and not likely to return until the start of the Hunt. I expect a finders fee to all who win! :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Are we all sure this isn't Superlink?
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    orondis wrote: »
    Are we all sure this isn't Superlink?

Since he will give you a code it's obviously some Cryptic-approved event.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2014
    Hello Captains,
    Since all of this kicked off last night there has been some communication about the details of how this hunt will work. Branflakes has provided a number of prizes...er, I mean...bounties that can be claimed by those who successfully hunt down this STO Fugitive guy. The STOked has been asked to help with the logistics part of the hunt as Branflakes is unable to be around today to do his own dirty work :P

STOked Radio has the usual taping session today kicking off around 2pm EST. We don't know exactly when the STO Fugitive will start to "walk among us" and so if any of you catch him prior to STOked going on air or after the show ends then please use the following information to claim your bounty.

The STO Fugitive Hunt
    The following bounties are being offered to Captains who hunt down the STO Fugitive today:

> Wrath of Khan Uniforms
    > Bajoran Militia Uniforms
    > TOS Mirror Uniforms
    > Motion Picture Uniforms
    > Legacy Of Romulus Starter Packs

In order to prove that you have hunted down the STO Fugitive successfully, here is what you must do:

1. Find where the STO Fugitive is hiding and get within visual range
    2. Approach the STO Fugitive and make contact at close range
    3. PM him with this EXACT message - "Are you the STO Fugitive?"
    4. Receive a response from the Fugitive confirming his identity and giving you a code.
    5. Contact the hunt logistics team

Methods Of Contact:
    [1]
    - Join the FugitiveHunt chat channel
    - Right click a chat tab on your UI
    - Select the Channels page
    - Type FugitiveHunt into the Join / Create box
    - Click Join
    - Use the channel to declare that you?ve found the Fugitive and have a code
    - Provide the code in a PM to a STOked host to confirm your success [ONLY provide your code to a STOked Host]
    - Claim your bounty from STOked

[2]
    PM the STOked Radio Hosts: Maverick COLOR="Yellow"]@Asmick[/COLOR Nikki COLOR="yellow"]@Nikkor_f64[/COLOR Irish COLOR="yellow"]@Irish_Darkshadow[/COLOR

[3]
    Speak to any Jupiter Force member who will help you to make contact with the STOked hosts.

I'm sure that we will receive more information / instructions from the STO Fugitive or Branflakes before the hunt begins. When we have more details available I will post them here.

Good luck and happy hunting !

Thanks for the help, STOked!

...Branflakes (who's suspiciously absent today) ...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1005681

dalolorn wrote: »
    He did not, however, say that no Cryptic/PWE employee was responsible for the creation of said account.

No Cryptic/PWE employee was or is responsible for the creation of said account (fugitive, twitter/forums/ etc).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So... All this was just about a Community Event run by STOked ?
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    talgeeze wrote: »

Looks that way.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ah well.

10chars.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited February 2014
    Oh really? This is getting too good not to post.

I must say, you have made some interesting claims in that wall of text. Not only have you insulted the community, but you've accused them of somehow contributing to your situation. For some reason you think that I am leaving the community to fend for themselves but that's absolutely not the case.

I'm quite intrigued with the idea of you running around and taunting every Captain on every ship on every planet and every station to find you. How can you possibly evade all of them?

Maybe I can make your challenge a little more interesting. I'm placing a bounty on your head for the duration of this so called hunt. Any Captain who provides information leading to your capture will be eligible to claim the prize. STOked goes live tomorrow as it's Saturday, so I'm going to reach out to them for assistance with this.

How confident do you feel now?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon!!!! Count this Admiral In and that is not all... count my Fleets in this as-well!!! We shall hunt this animal to the last part of the galaxy and bring him to Justice, once and for all!!!
  • kazamiyukarinkazamiyukarin Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    He just posted on Twitter, "The time approaches. Be prepared."
    Call me Yuka~
    ~Vice Admiral Saskia - U.S.S. Muenzuka (Dyson Science Destroyer)~
    ~Lieutenant General Kalinka - I.K.S. Kazami (Negh'Var Heavy Battlecruiser)~
    ~Vice Admiral Lorel - R.R.W. Aureus Aquila (Mirror Mogai Heavy Warbird)~
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    talgeeze wrote: »

I think it's fairly obvious that that's what's going on here.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • dravenleeobarr1dravenleeobarr1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    edited February 2014
    So when exactly does this start?

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited February 2014
    No Cryptic/PWE employee was or is responsible for the creation of said account (fugitive, twitter/forums/ etc).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

;)/10characters

• drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is this event still running?
    edited February 2014
    Is this event still running?

Judging from the time I just read on the last page, I'm beginning to think it has already ended.

• stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, that was kind of a bust, considering all the buildup and effort that went into it. It ended up being a simple-hide-and-seek with overly vague instructions and an impatient target, with low-value prizes. Essentially, I don't think it was worthwhile to the participants, and it really disappointed me.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."