test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Just because they haven't changed a thing over the course of a few days about the stuff they've been preparing for (pressumably) months doesn't mean they don't take our feedback into consideration.

Even someone from PriorityOne during the interview with Geko has said that he hated those Q minigames we're going to have to grind now. I think Cryptic now realises people don't want to grind and engage in tedious tasks, so hopefully they'll approach it differently next time. At least that's my hope...

they wont change anything.. they have their heads so far up their a**es they don't know up from down, good from bad..

honestly, looking back on old engineering reports and stuff that they said we were gonna release ( as simple as ships, I mean stahl on several podcasts said that he wanted to have the rest of the canon ships out before they started getting into more cryptic designs, that never happened..)..

they have no clue what anyone wants, except for the devs dirty wet dreams.. like dino's that talk, and have lazer beams.. I mean really.. If that didn't show a disconnect from the fans, I don't know what will.

when is it not ok.. everytime something like this happens, weather its dinos, a grind we didn't like, or what not, do we stop making excuses for them, like, oh, well they have been making this for months and blah blah blah.. enouph is enouph.. if im planning on and buy a certain suite for a big meeting, and I find out they want it less casual, I don't show up with the suit on cause I planned it out and already worked towards it.. I wear what is needed to make the customer happy..

branflakes spoon fed us a bunch of bull to try and calm us down.. cause nothing is worse than bad press, and this will eventually lead to it.. im already planning on sending some heads up emails to a bunch of the online publishers, with links to the forum, and the better posts that better show the position..

ill say, you don't cross star trek fans, we are rutheless and we care way too much about our franchise..
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    ill say, you don't cross star trek fans, we are rutheless and we care way too much about our franchise..
    You're funny.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just curious, but these Qmendations, are they specific for the Dyson Ships or can/will they be used for other projects in the coming months? I play an Engineer (well actually, Engineers) and as such, there is little use for the Dyson ships, however I do wish to play the episode and see what Logic Tuvok had to go that close to a fabricated star/sun. :P

Just wanting to know whether these Qmendations are specific to the Dyson Business.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Assume no. Because, well, look at everything else they've decided to do with regard to this Anniversary.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You're funny.

lol its true though.. star trek fans are the nit pickiest and hardest to please.. I know I am.. cryptic even joked about this way back when they announced they were making the game..
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited January 2014
    Last year there were only a few people fighting to find the right mini-Qs as it was just for the party poppers. How long do people think it will take this year per run?? I only did it once andbit was a frustrating nightmare.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So let me get this straight, for the ship, we need to do the mission and we get 400 Qmendations whatever the name is, then we have to chase everyday miniQs to get the rest of Qmendations to be able to get the ship?
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Read the blog again. Or do the math... either will do.

You run the episode once to get 400 Qmendations. Additional re-plays will only reward you with new items that have nothing to do with the Anniversary and will remain standard mission rewards forever, much like Sphere of Influence's Beam Array and Warp Core.

Perhaps.

So, 90 minutes just became between 9 and 12 hours depending.

It's still too long, even if the FE is only run once.

There were abundent suggestions made earlier in this thread, ranging from nice but impractical to small but takes the pressure off. An awful lot of stuff inbetween as well.

We were told before the weekend, by Branflakes, that feedback was invited and listened to.....on the basis of it being constructive. While there's always noise in an online forum, there was a lot of constructive ideas. Many based not on taking the grind away but modifying it in relatively easy ways.

An increase in the number of Qtokens per run being incredibly simple.

But instead, we get exactly the same thing officially announced that was unofficially leaked last week. Exactly. The. Same.

No detail of it different. Precisely the same grind we knew of, and created a 1000 post strong thread decrying, last week.

I'm a bit miffed really, partially because its been done so blatantly.

Either this is a deliberate middle finger to a large proportion of the player base by Cryptic, or someone has the worst tin ear in the history of PR.
    edited January 2014
    From another thread - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14718971&postcount=42
    • "Convince 5 mini-Q's to come to the party"
    • Average time of completion in testing: 2-5 minutes to complete the entire "daily"
    • Each mini-Q has a chance to:
      • Turn into a creature you chase
      • A "3-card monte" type game, "the shell game"
    So it's not a mini-game of our choosing, but it's chance-based. I'm a bit disappointed, as chasing down the mini-Q is a matter of seconds, while the shell game takes about a minute or so and can be failed afair...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Either this is a deliberate middle finger to a large proportion of the player base by Cryptic, or someone has the worst tin ear in the history of PR.
    Nah, more like they'll use it for a future event. when have they ever changed the requirements for something like this halfway through? I can't think of any event that has had that radical of a change.... ever.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited January 2014
    From another thread - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14718971&postcount=42

So it's not a mini-game of our choosing, but it's chance-based. I'm a bit disappointed, as chasing down the mini-Q is a matter of seconds, while the shell game takes about a minute or so and can be failed afair...

Now I am disappointed, I have to chase some darn miniQ to get a chance in hell to obtain Qmendations?

Again my question is to get the darn ship do I have to chase miniQs?
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    Now I am disappointed, I have to chase some darn miniQ to get a chance in hell to obtain Qmendations?
    No. You find a Q that either starts running away (and you can catch him almost immediately) or he starts the shell game, which takes about a minute and can be failed. Repeat that 5 times to complete the daily and get your qmendations... on one character.

Yeah, I'd like to see the faces of people who defend Cryptic in about two weeks...
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited January 2014
    No. You find a Q that either starts running away (and you can catch him almost immediately) or he starts the shell game, which takes about a minute and can be failed. Repeat that 5 times to complete the daily and get your qmendations... on one character.

Yeah, I'd like to see the faces of people who defend Cryptic in about two weeks...

So the mission you do it the first time and you get the 400 Qmend and the next day I have to chase miniQs or can I do the mission again?
    edited January 2014

Even if you only HAVE to run the FE once, I'm starting to think that 5 minutes per run may not be long enough.

However one slices this, the sheer bloat in the amount of time needed to get the ship is ridiculous, let alone the time gated nature of it.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Alright. Enough with the trolling in this thread.

If you have an opinion about the event either way, fine.

If you have an opinion about other people's opinions, keep your post within the rules or be moderated. Name calling and insulting comments are off-limits.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited January 2014
    Hey Bluegeek maybe you can clear it for me, the first day I do the main mission and I get 400 Qmen, the next day can I do the same mission and get 40 qmend or do I have to do the daily chasing miniQs?
    edited January 2014
    So the mission you do it the first time and you get the 400 Qmend and the next day I have to chase miniQs or can I do the mission again?

Mini Qs for the qmmendations, the FE twice more for the rest of ship set.

although, as others have pointed out, strictly speaking you only need to do the FE once. The other two runs are to get the kit for it and could be run after the event, apparently.

But who's going to get a shiny new ship and say, 'nope dont need that stuff at all"?
    edited January 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Mini Qs for the qmmendations, the FE twice more for the rest of ship set.

although, as others have pointed out, strictly speaking you only need to do the FE once. The other two runs are to get the kit for it and could be run after the event, apparently.

But who's going to get a shiny new ship and say, 'nope dont need that stuff at all"?

But still you need to do the dailies to be able to reach the 1000Qmend needed to obtain the ship yeah?
    edited January 2014

Repeat that 5 times to complete the daily and get your qmendations... on one character.

Repeat that 5 times

What...I don't even...what?
    edited January 2014
    But still you need to do the dailies to be able to reach the 1000Qmend needed to obtain the ship yeah?

Indeed.

Assuming 15 minutes for the FE, and 5 minutes for the dailies.

It'll take 15 + (5 x 15) minutes to get the ship.

A further 2 x 15 to get the rest of the set that comes with the ship.

Don't yet know if these pieces are truly optional or whether they're the bits that make the new mechanisms work.

Thats per toon, as its all character bound.
    edited January 2014
    If I have to chase miniQ five time to get a chance for a shell game that you can fail, my answer is I don't need the ship.
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    What...I don't even...what?
    You've got to convince 5 mini-q's to go to the party to complete the daily. It doesn't end at just one.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited January 2014
    If I have to chase miniQ five time to get a chance for a shell game that you can fail, my answer is I don't need the ship.

You begin to see why, once you look at the details here, this isn't feeling like an anniversary event at all.

Anniversary is dead, beware the grindaversary!
  • terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Something that just struck me. Tactical Key sale just before the event. Perhaps that's their 'answer' to our complaints? "We made keys cheaper so you can just buy those to get more lobi from lock boxes to use instead of grinding." Yeeeeaaaah, no.
    edited January 2014
    You've got to convince 5 mini-q's to go to the party to complete the daily. It doesn't end at just one.

My will to live is decreasing rapidly with every piece of news I hear about this "Celebration".

How STO is still installed on my PC at this point is beyond me. Cryptic and PWE do not deserve my patronage, not anyone else's.
    edited January 2014
    You don't seem to get it.

The daily will most probably look like this:

- Take the Daily from Q hanging around ESD/Qo'noS
    - Beam down to the Academy
    - Find and approach a Mini-Q and talk to it
    - If he runs away, chase it down (takes a few seconds)
    - If he starts the shell game, pick the right box (takes about a minute)
    - Repeat four more times with other Mini Q's
    - Beam up to the ESD/Qo'noS
    - Turn in the Daily to Q and get your Qmendations/rewards

If you consider other players chasing down Q's, as well as the possibility of a failure, then those 2-5 minutes can turn into 5-10 minutes at worst.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You don't seem to get it.

The daily will most probably look like this:

- Take the Daily from Q hanging around ESD/Qo'noS
    - Beam down to the Academy
    - Find and approach a Mini-Q and talk to it
    - If he runs away, chase it down (takes a few seconds)
    - If he starts the shell game, pick the right box (takes about a minute)
    - Repeat four more times with other Mini Q's
    - Beam up to the ESD/Qo'noS
    - Turn in the Daily to Q and get your Qmendations/rewards

If you consider other players chasing down Q's, as well as the possibility of a failure, then those 2-5 minutes can turn into 5-10 minutes at worst.
    This^ I've done it before, and it wasn't really all that hard...
    johngazman wrote: »
    My will to live is decreasing rapidly with every piece of news I hear about this "Celebration".

How STO is still installed on my PC at this point is beyond me. Cryptic and PWE do not deserve my patronage, not anyone else's.
    I can haz ur stuff?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    how about "chase the devs mini game" and you get to shoot them with lasers
    edited January 2014
    This^ I've done it before, and it wasn't really all that hard...I can haz ur stuff?
    It wasn't "hard". But did you have fun doing it? Repeatedly...?
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited January 2014
    If there are few of us chasing miniQs, but what if there is a lot of players, then what 309 minutes 45 minutes? There went my whole time and then I still have to do Nukara, New Romulus, Dyson for just 1 character. No thank you, they can keep the ship.