test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Let's boycott free ****! Who needs free ships, it's a horrible, mundane, roughly five minute grind! **** the police! DOOOOOM.

Get off your high horse. If you can't do 5 minutes of some possibly mundane task to get free ships, then what are you doing playing this game in the first place? You literally can't be too busy to log in for like 8 minutes to do the daily on one character.
  • admanf2padmanf2p Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Agreed. :D Seriously... this isn't worth complaining about.

The entitlement is strong in the original poster.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am sorry OP, but BranFlakes has already made it clear that the Grind is here to say... They aren't changing that.

Boycotting it wont help, but I sympathize... I understand that you want the ship, and I understand that you don't have the time, but they really don't give a rats rear about what people think... They decided on this, and they aren't going to change it... And not for the 5'th anniversary either.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Stupid devs makeing us grind for a ship ITS SO STUPID and I take it that they didn't listen to us in the forums too which makes me even MADDER!!!:mad:
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "I have to play the game to get in-game rewards, boohoo" is basically what you're saying.

Every mission you play in the game should trigger a little internal in-your-head Cost Benefit Analysis. Evaluate the utility (where fun is still utility) you get from playing it against the utility you get from playing other missions.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    damix4 wrote: »
    Find some more important stuff to boycott, this is just a game. Have some fun ;)
    Anniversary mini-games we've got to grind are not fun.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So after taking everything into consideration, Cryptic decided not only to keep the ship grind as it is, but require us to additionally replay the episode twice on every char, too. :rolleyes:
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    STUPID DEVS DIDENT EVEN LISTEN TO US NOW WE GONNA HAVE DO THIS STUPID GRIND!!!:mad:
    edited January 2014
    jim625 wrote: »
    Stupid devs makeing us grind for a ship ITS SO STUPID and I take it that they didn't listen to us in the forums too which makes me even MADDER!!!:mad:

Nope.... BranFlakes did some pretty nice dancing around the topic, but it was clear that they wasn't even going to consider that people don't want it.

We ARE stuck with it...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • mightyjoe80imightyjoe80i Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, but that's the way it goes :(
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Are we going to get a thread merge??? Sounds like more of the same... no need for special snowflakes.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well... guess it is what it is ... after just about 1100 posts. Bran's comments that they were taking our comments into consideration.. the latest Dev Blog + Gecko's PriortyOne podcast interview have no inkling of any changes at Cryptic.

So even if Bran took our concerns/recommendations (I do believe he took them to the Dev's/Power that be), in the end... absolutely no change. Which would be fine, if they came back here and explained that it wouldn't be changing and here's why... instead the perception is that they ignored this thread and any recommendations contained therein, and did what they wanted to anyway.

Seriously more disappointed now more than before.

All our complains went here ----> http://toiletimages.com/wp-content/plugins/WPRobot3/images/08dcc_toilet_4916694354_32b5013acf.jpg
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    At this point, it's going to come down to the actual stats for the ships and how much of a pain those mini-games are going to be. From the descriptions, it'll be one of the "catch a mini-Q" games. Which I am not a big fan of.

Couldn't it have been a trivia game, or a puzzle? Something with a little more "Trek" appeal?
    Well, the academy quiz has taught the devs that if it's trivia people will cheat. I'm hoping for the red/green/blue box puzzle to return. that was more fun than running down the escaping mini-Qs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    seriously, what do they lose in making it available in just one mission? They only compromise their reputation with us. Just make it available straight away. Let us do the mission and enjoy the starship throughout the event. I want to fly them, have fun with them. We don't want to be bound to the Academy doing a crappy mini game. It gets only punishing. :confused:
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wonder if people are upset because they feel a need to keep up with the STO version of the Jones.

Personally, I don't really care. This time last year I played the anniversary mission and got my T5 Ambassador and Kamarag at the last minute. That was five playthroughs on five characters. Each and every one of those requisition boxes is sitting in my bank, unused and unopened. Afterwards I realised what had happened: I felt compelled to get the new shiny, only it was a shiny I vaguely, kinda sorta wanted (I'd fly the Ambassador class on any of my Fed characters before I fly a ******n Breen ship, or any other thing). But ultimately, having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting.

It is not logical. But it is often true.

;)
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Good grief. :rolleyes:

Someone call a whaaaaaaaaaambulance to pick up all these whiny kids on their parents' internet connections.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, the academy quiz has taught the devs that if it's trivia people will cheat.

The Academy Quiz almost forces you to go look up the answer elsewhere... the datachips are too random and hard to browse to be useful, and answering incorrectly means you win nothing.
    edited January 2014
    Well... guess it is what it is ... after just about 1100 posts. Bran's comments that they were taking our comments into consideration.. the latest Dev Blog + Gecko's PriortyOne podcast interview have no inkling of any changes at Cryptic.

So even if Bran took our concerns/recommendations (I do believe he took them to the Dev's/Power that be), in the end... absolutely no change. Which would be fine, if they came back here and explained that it wouldn't be changing and here's why... instead the perception is that they ignored this thread and any recommendations contained therein, and did what they wanted to anyway.

Seriously more disappointed now more than before.
    Just because they haven't changed a thing over the course of a few days about the stuff they've been preparing for (pressumably) months doesn't mean they don't take our feedback into consideration.

Even someone from PriorityOne during the interview with Geko has said that he hated those Q minigames we're going to have to grind now. I think Cryptic now realises people don't want to grind and engage in tedious tasks, so hopefully they'll approach it differently next time. At least that's my hope...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited January 2014
    So for 15 days we have to fight with other players to catch a Mini-Q and then not TRIBBLE up his game to get the 40 Qmendations. What I want to know is last year if you did this a lot, I one did it once for the party popper, how long really does it take? How frustrating is it multiple times(I have 12 toons X 15)? And when are the least busy times so that I won't have to spend 30 min per toon fighting other players?

Thanks.

P.s. Please don't bury this as I am hoping to get some highly specific info on this part of the anniversary event.

Thx
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    seriously, what do they lose in making it available in just one mission? They only compromise their reputation with us. Just make it available straight away. Let us do the mission and enjoy the starship throughout the event. I want to fly them, have fun with them. We don't want to be bound to the Academy doing a crappy mini game. It gets only punishing. :confused:

because if it doesn't take forever, and isn't annoying, than no one will buy keys, and open lock boxes, and get lobi.. ergo, they don't make any money off us..
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is this for real? I am not chasing no darn miniQ
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So we have Geko stating two things in that interview that really aggravate this problem.

We have the fact that they (the Devs) feel that the ships has enough unique elements like the transformation element, secondary deflector, and the fact that it comes with gear, is enough to warrant us having to work for our anniversary gifts. He cites prior giveaway and grind events in an effort to prove this is not like prior ship giveaways. though fails to compare the Obelisk, which came with unique fighters, and you could get the warp core and omni beam from the FE, and upgraded fighters hidden behind an accolade. He also states earlier in the interview the secondary deflector will be a science standard after this test with the new ships, so that is not unique either.

He goes on about the transformation element, and that it gains a weapon slot, and has changing commander seats. In the end, this seems to be not too bad, though that 'destroyer mode' 4th fore slot has the photon cannons fused in, so you can't replace it; forcing a photon build or having it be less than optimal.

On what we will be doing; "You just have to do one of those Q events, like the shell game" which even an interviewer commented they hate that! They really didn't linger much here.

And then he was clear on the console and such; we're being made to grind for ships that are not meant to be fleet grade, unlike the prior three. The gimmicks are enough to make it worth it, in their view. "It has two commander seats and a secondary deflector", the prior being a technicality that doesn't play as intoned, you simply swap the seat between two officers with the mode change, it's not simultaneous seating. The latter, as noted before, is going to be science vessel standard.

This also seams to hint that we will likely see a Fleet version of the trio as it was specified that they are not Fleet tier. Yet we are being made to work for them like the prior T5.5 ships they 'gave away'.

This is all just asinine and disgraceful. It's excuses to justify a grind that only really has the purpose of trying to get people to spend money on the Anniversary 'Free' ship.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not a chance.
    edited January 2014
    me me me! I only got the party popper as well. Have never been interested in a per character unlock ship yet. I think these are going to get my hooked in. My partner has done the grinds over and over on 13 toons and doesn't seem to mind it. So I'm going to give it go depending on ship stats on my science toons and a couple tacs.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, my old figures now need revising.

You may remember, in previous years a 15 minute FE got you the ship.

We originally thought it would 15 + (5 x 15) this year.

We now learn its (15 x 3) + (5 x 15) for this year.

The original number postulated running on six toons and compared 90 minutes in previous years to nine hours this year.

The revised numbers are 90 minutes against twelve hours.

Again, it is important to note that in previous years you were free to spend the time to get the ship at any point during the event. This year it will be timegated, and anyone unable to be on for at least 15 days during the run will miss out without paying cash of some sort.

Branflakes. This is not, perhaps, the best example of Cryptics treatment of feedback.

Does the phrase, 'twisting the knife' mean anything?

9 hours just became 12 hours.

Seriously Branflakes, what did Cryptic actually do with our feedback?
    edited January 2014
    I will be getting them on my main, but with the work involved, I am simply not interested in maintaining all my alts.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh so the grind is with the miniQs from last year? Disappointed about that since I hoped for something new.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, i'm doing this for my Sci toons but my Tac's can sod off. And i'm not going to like it, either.

If Party Patrol is the only way to get these Qmendations, i'll be mighty pissed.
    Disappointed about that since I hoped for something new.

"Cryptic" and "Effort" are words that are very rarely in the same sentence, aside from "Cryptic has put no effort into X".
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited January 2014
    Waiting for the thread merge...
    edited January 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    We now learn its (15 x 3) + (5 x 15) for this year.
    Read the blog again. Or do the math... either will do.

You run the episode once to get 400 Qmendations. Additional re-plays will only reward you with new items that have nothing to do with the Anniversary and will remain standard mission rewards forever, much like Sphere of Influence's Beam Array and Warp Core.
    PyKDqad.jpg