What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mysterious Twitter posts...

Comments

• Options
    kazamiyukarinkazamiyukarin Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Speaking of the number 12, there were 12 stasis chambers that failed during the Botany Bay's voyage through space. There's also Starbase 12, which is where the Enterprise was originally headed in "Space Seed," and the ENT episode "Cold Station 12" which is part of the augments arc. I doubt any of this means anything though.
    Call me Yuka~
    ~Vice Admiral Saskia - U.S.S. Muenzuka (Dyson Science Destroyer)~
    ~Lieutenant General Kalinka - I.K.S. Kazami (Negh'Var Heavy Battlecruiser)~
    ~Vice Admiral Lorel - R.R.W. Aureus Aquila (Mirror Mogai Heavy Warbird)~
  • Options
    mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "Superior ability breeds superior ambition." Our battle of wits shall soon begin. Please don't come unarmed this time.

I happen to know a secret....
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "Superior ability breeds superior ambition." Our battle of wits shall soon begin. Please don't come unarmed this time.

I happen to know a secret....

Don't keep it to yourself. We're a community, we work together on this stuff.
  • Options
    admiralbrenanadmiralbrenan Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Speaking of the number 12, there were 12 stasis chambers that failed during the Botany Bay's voyage through space. There's also Starbase 12, which is where the Enterprise was originally headed in "Space Seed," and the ENT episode "Cold Station 12" which is part of the augments arc. I doubt any of this means anything though.

No you might be on to something 2 of 12 and Amar Singh Definitely have something to do with augments as indicated earlier by fuigitive. Lending credeance to the idea that there are still 10 augments out there somewhere waiting to be found. Not to mention the messages in the screenshots. I also think it has something to do wiht the screenshot released earlier which looks like a remastered fed mission or they are going to continue that story arc.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Speaking of which has he made any appearnces today?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    No you might be on to something 2 of 12 and Amar Singh Definitely have something to do with augments as indicated earlier by fuigitive. Lending credeance to the idea that there are still 10 augments out there somewhere waiting to be found. Not to mention the messages in the screenshots. I also think it has something to do wiht the screenshot released earlier which looks like a remastered fed mission or they are going to continue that story arc.
    Cosidering today's Friday Screenshot looking like the boss chamber from Researcher Rescue and Branflakes neither confirming nor denying that Season 8.5 (aswe're just hearing today) might contain a remastery of that mission. This may also mean a remastery of The Ultimate Klingon, where we first met Amar Singh. And, quite possibly, more missions based on the fallout from Facility 4028. A lot of inmates escaped.
    Speaking of which has he made any appearnces today?
    Affirmative. One tweet today, two hours ago. He quoted Sherlock Holmes, I think. Reichenbachfall is familiar to me, if only for the BBC Sherlock series using that as the title of their last episode before a two-year hiatus.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    icegavel wrote: »
    Cosidering today's Friday Screenshot looking like the boss chamber from Researcher Rescue and Branflakes neither confirming nor denying that Season 8.5 (aswe're just hearing today) might contain a remastery of that mission. This may also mean a remastery of The Ultimate Klingon, where we first met Amar Singh. And, quite possibly, more missions based on the fallout from Facility 4028. A lot of inmates escaped.

Affirmative. One tweet today, two hours ago. He quoted Sherlock Holmes, I think. Reichenbachfall is familiar to me, if only for the BBC Sherlock series using that as the title of their last episode before a two-year hiatus.

Reichenbach Falls is the location where Sherlock Holmes and Mortiary had their final confrontation in "The Final Solution"

...and with the old Fed missions being possibly revamped for Season 8.5... HMMMM...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Reichenbach Falls is the location where Sherlock Holmes and Mortiary had their final confrontation in "The Final Solution"

...and with the old Fed missions being possibly revamped for Season 8.5... HMMMM...

The remastery right now IS just speculation, but it's got a good basis. Though, if Amar Singh has escaped Facility 4028 and wants a final confrontation, that says new mission. Might we be seeing new content?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    But why all the Sherlock Holmes references? Is there any connection between Moriarty or Sherlock and the augments (other than Arik Soong and Data)?
    Call me Yuka~
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    But why all the Sherlock Holmes references? Is there any connection between Moriarty or Sherlock and the augments (other than Arik Soong and Data)?

He may see himself as OUR Moriarty. After all, augments are pretty arrogant.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    was it ever stated that someone pulled Moriarty out of the holosuite before the ENT-D blew up? if that isnt the case then how is Holmes involved directly?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    was it ever stated that someone pulled Moriarty out of the holosuite before the ENT-D blew up? if that isnt the case then how is Holmes involved directly?

I don't think anyone grabbed the psychopathic hologram when the TRIBBLE rocketed skywards on the D. Besides, we know this isn't Moriarty, he wasn't at 4028. We KNOW who it is, it's a matter of his ego. He considers himself our Moriarty, and we are his Holmes.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I don't think so, but at Starfleet Academy they taught about him. Harry Kim mentions learning about him there.
    Call me Yuka~
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    TRIBBLE notes just went up.

Missions got remastered.

Ultimate Klingon is one of them. Speculation confirmed. Will playtest and look for hints.
  • Options
    malcaine2malcaine2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    But why all the Sherlock Holmes references?
    Because individuals keep making Holmes references, and his Holmes references are in response to other Holmes references.

Person A states a Holmes reference. Person B responds with a Holmes reference. It is it therefor logical to deduce that Person B is Moriarty? No. It simply reaffirms that the individual in question is familiar with Holmes. Person A, if looking for evidence of a Holmes connection, could state Person B's statement as being proof of a Holmes connection. It is not, however, a proof. Simple familiarity with Holmes does not make Person B Moriarty.

Looking at the "tests" given by Person B, it can be inferred that these are, as stated, "tests" or "challenges". None of the statements made by Person B state anything else. A game was requested, and a game was provided.

The fugitive is skilled. The fugitive is manipulative. Is it not possible that the fugitive is using the assumptions of others to mask who exactly he or she is?

"Cause and effect: such a duality probably never exists; in truth we are confronted by a continuum out of which we isolate a couple of pieces, just as we perceive motion only as isolated points and then infer it without ever actually seeing it."

;)
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    **Warning: It crowd reference incoming: **
    Has this faker made any new messages on Chitter?
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    fugitive4028fugitive4028 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The speculation runneth over. Perhaps some new fuel for the fire is in order.

http://flic.kr/p/j6EbYs

Remember what happens to those who play with fire.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    **Warning: It crowd reference incoming: **
    Has this faker made any new messages on Chitter?

Negative. No activity on Twitter since the last time I reported.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Negative. No activity on Twitter since the last time I reported.

Arhh too bad ... no news on small person racist or coffee tramp toss *****?
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    Arhh too bad ... no news on small person racist or coffee tramp toss *****?

It seems I spoke a moment too soon. He tweeted a link... to a post HERE, right ABOVE the one you quoted. Speak of the devil...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It seems I spoke a moment too soon. He tweeted a link... to a post HERE, right ABOVE the one you quoted. Speak of the devil...

Arhhh ... CBA quite honestly.

Too late at night to try and work out that mess, plus Dyslexia does not help.

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dunno why this; bepak. stands out for. a second one; xyles.

bin, pork, ken, nano, les, conan, can, sam, roy, yoke, dip, bum, bam, kit, say, sir, son, sid, bay.

had enough, got what would writers block would get without some clues to work with.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    breygornbreygorn Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I doubt any location clues have actually been given.
    However; unless they add in a system, Pollux is the only one that has any relevance.
    In other words; "Beta Geminorum".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You really think he'd tell us if it was? This is one of the few things he WOULD hide. Because it would spoil the surprise. He's playing along, and it's offering information that no non-affiliated person could have. It's official. He simply cannot confirm or deny.

What information has he given? I'm sorry, I haven't really been following along.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Clearly Sherlock is staying since I've found "Sir," "Arthur," and "Conan."

EDIT: And I've found "6 of 12."

EDIT2: In relation to the number 12, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle listed his 12 favorite Sherlock stories:

1."The Adventure of the Speckled Band"
    2."The Red-Headed League"
    3."The Adventure of the Dancing Men"
    4."The Adventure of the Final Problem"
    5."A Scandal in Bohemia"
    6."The Adventure of the Empty House"
    7."The Five Orange Pips"
    8."The Adventure of the Second Stain"
    9."The Adventure of the Devil's Foot"
    10."The Adventure of the Priory School"
    11."The Adventure of the Musgrave Ritual"
    12."The Adventure of the Reigate Squire"

I thought that that was a bit interesting.
    Call me Yuka~
  • Options
    marikaoniki1marikaoniki1 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It should also be noted that episode 12 of season 6 of TNG marked the return of the sapient hologram of Moriarty.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I feel as if the numbers are the reference to the augments themselves and the words give us a clue to that augments name i could be very wrong though
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well, I've found a connection between Amar Singh and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amar_Singh_Gate

It's a gate of the Agra Fort which is in "The Sign of the Four."

And there have been 12 movie adaptations of that story.

Also, Benedict Cumberbatch could be a connection, since he has played both Sherlock Holmes and Khan Noonien Singh (an augment).
    Call me Yuka~
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Has any one said that it could be another foundry spotlight series? I didn't like them calling it Featured Episode series since that's entirely not what it was, but this could be the same thing done by people in the house of Snoo?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I just had another thought. What if the whole "X of 12" thing is referring to the number of puzzles we'll have to solve?

But what was #1?
    Call me Yuka~