test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Bug Reports] Q's Winter Wonderland/Associated Activates *investigating, see post 54*

Comments

• Options
    psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You just cant. The event is made that way to grant only 1 ship at a time... but that doesnt mean u cant get both, just it is too hard to achieve. Once you complete the first ship project, then you start in the second.. but i guess by that time the event will be almost over.. :D

But you can buy the pictures with lobi crystals so you can get both ship if you buy enough with your crystals ... You should be able to slot both of the ships at once ....
  • Options
    domvinadomvina Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Snowman Event: Cannot equip snowballs while in combat. Cannot get out of combat due to the number of Snowmen on the map and long, long leash.

Basically all I could do was run in circles waiting to be frozen since I couldn't equip the snowballs I'd pick-up and the Snowmen would chase me clear across the map so I couldn't get out of combat.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I keep having snowballs constantly disappear than reappear from my hotbar every time I pick up more, it has been treating them just like the battery/consumable issue that you just recently fixed.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    riddlinsriddlins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So, the first giant snowman spawn did not even show up.. as we can still see the timer at the right side to count down after 150 snowman kills..

Seriously?! After the fix??
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    riddlins wrote: »
    So, the first giant snowman spawn did not even show up.. as we can still see the timer at the right side to count down after 150 snowman kills..

Seriously?! After the fix??

Just fought an overlord in instance #11 -- however, it's rare, but sometimes after maintenance, in only some cases, the first spawn of the Overlord doesn't happen. The second one should have no issue. It's usually just the first time after the shard comes back up. Sorry you ran into this.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    orionexplosionorionexplosion Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is this a bug? I have found two recipes while in Winter Invasion but they don't appear in my inventory.
  • Options
    hotstuff1701hotstuff1701 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is this a bug? I have found two recipes while in Winter Invasion but they don't appear in my inventory.

Same here. I get the yellow flyover that says I found the recipe....but I don't seem to actually get one. Happened multiple times tonight.
  • Options
    nsawcnsawc Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For the Winter Invasion I have noticed that only one person is able to get the recipe, though sometimes it will give me the yellow text that says I've gotten it though there is nothing in my inventory. I did manage to get it once, however, no one else in the group was able to get it after me. Is this a bug or is only one person supposed to be able to get it?
  • Options
    des101des101 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Snowballs vanish from the hotbar! Mine were doing it after 40, 60, 80, 110, 140, 160!!
    They would also randomly appear every now and again. Not showing in useable actions to drag to the hotbar either.

Player Race event - Said I left the track when I hadn't (3 times now!) - was inside the markers and on the ice each time!!!!

Andorian sleigh bells not dropping (2 in 6 hours!!) - Drop rate is way too low for them
    Bajoran Gratitude Beads not dropping (2 in 6 hours!!) - drop rate is way too low for them

Getting stuck on the table for pie eating contest or the 3 npcs get in the way!! Just make the table round & remove the npc's!!!

After joining any 5 man+ map from the winter event, after map is done, it dumps you back on ESD! Why? getting a pain having to re-click Q and teleport back there!!!

Found a hidden recipe.. not showing in my inventory!!!

NPC vendors constantly talking (every 20 secs!) - Really? once a minute is quite enough.. Having to hear to recipe vendor and gods knows what else all talking at the same time is annoying at the best of times!!

Beta player - forum knows jack as to when I started

I just dont understand why so many bugs. Maybe cryptic has a monkey working in the updates. I dont see any other explanation, never saw a game with so many bugs like sto, and with even more bugs after any update, ridiculous. It is just amazing. But then, i dunno where the hell is going all the abusive money they are gathering from users. They should hire a better team , Really. And more amazing, that people still play, xd, STO is a great mmprg, but everything has a limit. Let's hope this is not the start of the end of the game in the year 2014.
  • Options
    bkell1977abkell1977a Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi,

I cannot queue for the "fastest game on ice". I go to see the Breen but I never get presented with the option to start the race, whether I am queuing on my own or with other players.

I am playing as a Reman, I suspect this may have something to do with it as I read Romulans are having troubles with scarves.

My appologies if someone has posted this issue already.

Thanks.

:)

EDIT: Hmm, it seems to work okay now. I must have willed it to fix itself !?!
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This morning the game patched, goes to the screen with the word Cryptic on it, freezes and dies for being inactive too long. Cryptic error report comes up, and disappears 2-4 characters into commenting that i was loading the game. Not sure if the report ever submitted. Went through this 4 times, with 2 force verify's.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    glykenglyken Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not able to pick up recipes in winter invasion. area is highlighted in the minimap, but nothing to interact with except snowballs.
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This morning, managed to que up for the gingerbread map, and got a pop up saying that I had found a recipe in the Yeti cave, but nothing was in my inventory. My inventory was not full, and I had also not interacted with anything. Last night, I ran a private que for the gingerbread map, also did not interact with anything (I think) and did get a recipe when someone else found it.

As for the ingredients, the two I finally found were both hidden behind trees, and I could have sworn that they weren't there at first. But it could have been just me on seeing them.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    No matter who finds the present, your own name appears in the message.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still having issues with the Fast and the Flurious. It looks like if you didn't make 4th, you don't get a flag, and that means no tags.
  • Options
    hellwinklehellwinkle Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The recipe drops in Q's Winter Wonderland/Winter Invasion are broken.

I shall quote my previous post below

So, to obtain a recipe, one has to simply abandon the rest of the team and head to the large green circle on the map. This makes the run semi-pointless and makes a season of giving into a season of greed (which it is anyways in R/L).

My last winter invasion run went like this:

full team of 5 at the start, 3 people with snowblowers and two people picking up snowballs (no winter guns).

At the start, Myself and two others sprinted right through all the spawning snowmen and headed right for the green circle on the map (about half way through). Skidding and sliding we raced for the present at the top of the stairs and, smashing F repeatedly, one of us got the recipe (not me again), leaving the two guys with only snowballs back at the start to fight off 50 or so evil snowmen.

Quote: "WTH are you guys doing!!! we are getting (insert expletive) slaughtered back here!".

This really needs to be fixed to either a Need/Greed system or a one per run per person system Cryptic.

Thanks

So after a couple more runs I finally got a recipe. I happened to be the first there.
    On my next run I also got a recipe but was seconds behind someone else. Another player was directly behind me. At the end of the run I asked:

"did either of you guys get a recipe too?" "Ya I got one" "me too"

another player that was a few seconds behind us: "I didn't, it was gone when I got there"

Im assuming that after a few seconds the recipe is no longer attainable.

EDIT: I can now confirm this. I was first to the package in the Yetis cave. Another player just behind me. I looted and turned around to watch her loot. The package remained glowing until she had looted it and then it went away. (the glow not the package) No one else was able to loot this.
  • Options
    docsantinodocsantino Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Problem resolved. Please delete this message, as I haven't figured out how to do so.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Adding a report as others have noticed: the gingerbread man queue only one person can get the recipe and all of us get the message that we got it. Also, only one person gets the present after the boss fight.

Finally, even if the present is claimed, no credit is received for mission completion.

Fun otherwise.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As others have stated:

Federation character running winter invasion mission is not being awarded Fleet marks as indicated by the filters. Reward for mission usually just consists of one mystery box and 2 or 3 ornaments if your lucky and so is somewhat sub par on the time investment to reward ratios. Eating pies is generally better than this mission.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    changtsechangtse Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ever since the shard maintenance to install the winter wonderland missions, I am experiencing an average of 2 to 3 minutes of in game time before being disconnected from server and bounced out to the login screen.

This is happening primarily in the winter wonderland zone, but is also occurring in the other long established zones, though with less frequency.

Since QWW is a time limited event, and the missions in it are all only acceptable once per time period, this is cheating me of the ability to earn any of the rewards for playing this event. Particularly gingerbread colony missions, where I have been able to complete 2 missions out of the 10 that have been accepted. When I manage to log back in, it shows me back in que to wait out the time before it can be accepted again.

The disconnect to login occurs randomly, but also occurs regularly when transporting to the gingerbread colony, when about to start the GC mission, on acceptance of the pie eating contest, and also when transporting to the QWW zone.

Update: Second day, logged into game, got to QWW, even got into gingerbread colony, 2 minutes into match disconnected from server, bounced to login screen, can't reconnect to server for ten minutes.

Even going to New Romulus, two minutes after accepting local mission, disconnect from server, kicked to login screen, can't reconnect for 10.

There's not much point in playing this game at all during this event, if this is how it's going to run.

Listening to general chat, I hear others having identical issues. Given that, and given that my gameplay was flawless BEFORE the shard update, there is a problem with your coding.

When will it be actually fixed, and what will STO do to make up for all the promised rewards that are being dangled just out of reach.......??? :confused:
  • Options
    greivengreiven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i cant even get the launcher to load for the update.... patched fine at first then wouldnt start game. got to cryptic logo screen then force close. forum said reinstall. only messed it up worse... any ideas would be great...
  • Options
    genradragon1genradragon1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How about fixing the present bug?

At the moment just the first one gets the present but not the rest of the team.
  • Options
    liquinliquin Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013

agreed. I get nothing.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013

liquin wrote: »
    agreed. I get nothing.

Same here, first person gets the prize and everyone else gets the shaft. Merry Crypticmas?
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The new red winter jacket doesn't come with a belt??

I got the short red winter jacket for my Reman character and I can't use the belt with it. It's just not there no matter what lower category I choose for pants. The belt isn't available for my romulan republic bridge officers either. :mad:

I checked my allied female vulcan bridge officer and.......... 'Belt - wintercoat black' is there. I only purchased the short red winter jacket on this character. Are the new red and green jackets coming with the black wintercoat belt and you guys didn't make new belts for them? :confused:

Edit: Seriously??? I checked my fed male android bridge officer and it's showing as 'Belt - wintercoat white'. The same for my allied male human boff, it's the white version of the belt. But for my female vulcan it's showing up as the black belt.

I haven't purchased any winter jackets for my Romulan character yet, but I'm guessing it's going to be the same, i.e., the belt not available for romulan republic characters and boffs. I do plan to get her the new cropped green winter jacket.

Edit: Here is proof.

My Male Reman captain - no wintercoat belt available at all dwp4.jpg

Allied female Vulan bridge officer - wintercoat black belt available 3nug.jpg

Allied male Human bridge officer - wintercoat white belt available av9g.jpg

Edit: Made post less angry. :o
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I did the pie eating contest in the winter wonderland while I was waiting to do the competitive race for epohh tags.

I completed the contest and went to turn it in but accidentally clicked on the 'Defend the Gingerbread Colony' button. The window to enter the event popped up but instead of giving me a Join and Leave option, it just went strait into the 10 second countdown to enter.

Because of this I missed the competitive race since I'm not one to abandon a team in an event.

So when joining the Winter Invasion event by way of the table in the gazebo of Q's winter wonderland, it won't give you an option to leave the queue when it finds enough players for a team, and it just ups and forces you to to enter the event.
This discussion has been closed.