test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Bug Reports] Q's Winter Wonderland/Associated Activates *investigating, see post 54*

Comments

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also we killed the 150 snowmen and the big snowman did not spawn. might have been a one off. happened last year as well, but worth checking he is set to spawn ok.
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I only had a chance to go to the winter event for a few minutes but I also sold an epohh from last year for 200 Dyson marks but only got 100.
  • pet1e86pet1e86 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Race official cannot tell time, waited like an hour now and only 1 race instead of 4
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeh. 45 past the hour one didn't appear for me. The top of the hour it did.
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    it didn't start at the 15 after the hour and the 22 after the hour so its broken also
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can confirm that. No pop-up or anything indicating where to sign up for the race
  • stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah I'm not seeing it happen either.
  • shipbustershipbuster Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This Thing Is Still Crashing At The Load Screen. My Question Is This. How Many Idiots Does It Take To TRIBBLE Up A Game? Ask Cryptic
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Tried joining the village invasion thing, first of all 5 times it comes up on screen cant find files in map manager, I get in and it crashes me out of that game as soon as the gingerbread dude comes up, tries to get back on but it wont let me until the 2nd attempt and im dumped on ESD
    edited December 2013
    The PVE race worked once and failed once while I was running on the track. Got looped trying to get into the Gingerbread event (widely reported). No PVP race announcements (yet), and I can't target snowmen to hit with snowballs for love or money.

I assume there's some kind of secret trick for the last one, why don't snowballs act like weapons? (Obviously my first winter event.)
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Really unbelievable how many people are having problems with this, zone chat actually got interesting for the first time in ages.

So for my personal issues with WW. 1: Queueing 4 gingerbread mission threw me into loop of map problems. Queueing 4 solo (photo) race got me no where. Stood in the right place, watched more than 20 other players walk up to the same spot and race with no problems...

Ok just tried the race again, attempt one actually started the race, but instant disqualification, due to wrong race spawn point. 2nd time worked fine. so... Slightly less frustrated than earlier.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The gingerbread thing, is really messed up I had to run it solo ( which was ok I got ALL the rewards, but it was kind of hard doing it solo. I noticed that other players would appear then a sec or two they would disappear, till finally I was alone. BUT there being over 300+ people queued might have overloaded it but I did notice the same problem on the tribble server.
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • sirsrisirsri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    soriedem wrote: »
    Second. I had some epohs from last year. I exchanged them for 200 mark boxes. However, when I went to open the boxes, they did not contain 200 marks. They only contained 100 marks each.

Note that the Epohhs that should reward 100 mark boxes actually get 100 mark boxes. Though the 200 mark ones are definitely messed up.
  • clamyfishstickclamyfishstick Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hope this gets sorted promptly...
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shipbuster wrote: »
    This Thing Is Still Crashing At The Load Screen. My Question Is This. How Many Idiots Does It Take To TRIBBLE Up A Game? Ask Cryptic

This kinda looks bad on crytic part the races are buged and broken the ginger bead area is broken which they where told about when it was on tribble, onlything I can do with out problems so far is pie eating and fighting the snowmen
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    A QA team wouldn't go amiss Bran :(

Cryptic : "we're sorry but the PVP players , errr we mean our QA team was doing other things at the time !" ;)
  • ishapza1ishapza1 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Really unbelievable how many people are having problems with this, zone chat actually got interesting for the first time in ages.

So for my personal issues with WW. 1: Queueing 4 gingerbread mission threw me into loop of map problems. Queueing 4 solo (photo) race got me no where. Stood in the right place, watched more than 20 other players walk up to the same spot and race with no problems...

Ok just tried the race again, attempt one actually started the race, but instant disqualification, due to wrong race spawn point. 2nd time worked fine. so... Slightly less frustrated than earlier.

Really, this is the event I was looking forward to for so long? The only thing that works is stuffing your face with pies. I hope they fix this soon or this is going to upset a lot of people.
  • brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
    edited December 2013
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    That's why I'm here looping like a loopy thing that really is F***ing loopy about looping...

Yeah, but do you even loop, bro?
  • mrbelemrbele Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can't exit the game....all I get is this:

"Welcome to the Gingerbread Colony!" /screen reload

....ad infinitum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    was thinking of trying it as well about 10 minutes after bran gave the green light. but i had a bad feeling and stood there a further 5 minutes pondering before dropping out. glad i did.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited December 2013
    Ahhh I was caught in an endless loop of loading into the opening scene and having the ginger bread man welcome me!! It was like some demented version of hell - I had to ctrl- alt - delete to open task manager to shut the game client down or I would have been stuck in that loop forever.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    Updated the thread title and merged some threads. Keeping all your reports in one place will allow us to find them quicker, work to reproduce, and then work on a resolution. Please check out this thread before posting.

I've passed along the reports that have been posted so far in this thread.

Thanks for the reports and your patience!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • mynamesthedoctormynamesthedoctor Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Moved post.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dont know if have been reported but the snowman battle and the PVP race are at the same time only 2 time in the hole hour! We have to choose beatuine the race or the battle and then we stay waiting 30 minutes doing nothing.. is this intended or another bug?

Sorry for bad english.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited December 2013
    I have not seen the PVP race start *yet*. Was there for four "trigger times" and nothing.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    One other bug - that I've bug reported - with the race event; you can be attacked and frozen by the snowmen if they animate while you're running it.

IIRC, this was a problem at the start of the event last year, and a patch was put in place for it - perhaps the same patch could be dug out and re-applied?

(I managed to fail the race twice because of the "not teleporting to the start" problem, and once when I was randomly disconnected half way through it... so, y'know, cutting down on any further difficulties would be appreciated.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ahhhhhh, an endless loop
    GwaoHAD.png
  • fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the only trouble I had was the gingerbread invasion is bugged.kept getting thrown in and out of the queue.stay away from that.:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.