test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Bug Reports] Q's Winter Wonderland/Associated Activates *investigating, see post 54*

Comments

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This thread isn't real clear on what is being taken action against. I guess I can just hope this isn't something easily achieved on accident. Kind of like that one auto thingy and the ppl didn't know why it was happening lol.

Judging from Brans post where he stated they could tell who was doing it, I'm guessing it was something of an active action that leaves a trace.

If you just run the race from beginning to end I doubt anything is amiss.

Trying to do anything except running faster and cornering better than your competitors, then you may have an issue.
    edited December 2013
    tk1077 wrote: »
    Twice now I've gone to the gingerbread land and clicked the glowing present. It says I got a recipe, but both time no recipe has shown up in my inventory!!! :mad:

Same here actually.

I've kind of just given up on those recipes, running the gingerbread invasion solely for commodities.

Sad.
  • anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't know if it's been mentioned already but I've just finished a lot of recipes and it didn't count towards the accolade.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rinkster wrote: »
    Same here actually.

I've kind of just given up on those recipes, running the gingerbread invasion solely for commodities.

Sad.

For crying out loud. This is why Cryptic doesn't post in the bug report section often, usually. Because even when they say it's going to be fixed soon people still scream "CRYPTIC DON'T CARE!!! THEY NEVER GONNA FIX IT! WHAH WHAH WHAH!!!".

Post #166 in this very thread:
    We know, and it's fixed for the next patch. And we can also tell who has participated in it, and will take appropriate action, so if you know someone who has participated in it, or see someone participating in it, let them know that I personally recommend they stop and point them to this post. <----He is referring to the exploit in the competitive race here.

EDIT: P.S. The present with the recipe should also be fixed in an upcoming patch, allowing all teammembers to interact with it. <----He is talking about the Winter Invasion event here and the problem with only 1 player being able to claim the present to get a recipe.
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Edit: The fix for the winter recipes in the Winter Invasion event will probably go live this Thursday, December 12. If not, then Thursday next week at the latest I imagine. So stop crying about it and be patient.
    edited December 2013
    Originally Posted by rinkster
    Same here actually.

Sad.

For crying out loud. This is why Cryptic doesn't post in the bug report section often, usually. Because even when they say it's going to be fixed soon people still scream "CRYPTIC DON'T CARE!!! THEY NEVER GONNA FIX IT! WHAH WHAH WHAH!!!".

Post #166 in this very thread:

Edit: The fix for the winter recipes in the Winter Invasion event will probably go live this Thursday, December 12. If not, then Thursday next week at the latest I imagine. So stop crying about it and be patient.

Well, if i had typed in all caps, spelled words wrongly, blamed Cryptic for everything including the Middle East, and used multiple exclamation marks then you'd have a point.

However, as all i actually did was express my sadness at not currently being able to get the recipe and, given the circumstances, don't currently even try to get it........well, thats not exactly what you accused me of, is it?
  • angryjonny55angryjonny55 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not complaining, but here are 6 of the issues I am having with the Fastest Race in Q's Wonderland -

1 - Trying to signal the Race Official: Quite often, I have to run around them to get the pop-up to appear so I can do it. (It's a little bothersome, but not a major issue.)

2 - Getting DQ'ed on track: The first time I attempted to run this, 8 tries out of 13 I was DQ'ed even though I never left the track, a few times was on a straight part & I was in the middle of the track, no where near the edge. (This is the only frustrating issue. Did cause me to 'rage quit', but came back to finish. I laugh at that now.)

3 - No race opponent: I have 4 toons, ran this race several times on each, & there are times when no opponent spawns to race against. Twice when this has happened, I failed to finish first. (It does bug me when this happens, but I find myself laughing because I lost to no one. Q & his silly tricks.)

4 - Not being put on the track: After signaling the Race Official, I am not placed on the track but instead still standing next to the Race Official, the countdown begins, then instant DQ. Has happened 8-10 times now. (1st time this happened, I was like 'WTF?'. Now, it makes me laugh. I think the Race Official is rigging the race, lol.)

5 - Running before the countdown starts: I hold the forward button & tap the sprint key before every race. Most of the time, my toons won't start running until 2 or 1 or GO, but a few times, my toons will start running before the countdown even begins. Sometimes, this turns into an instant DQ once the countdown ends. (This one actually helps me, as I get a big head start & win the race. My toons are such cheaters, lol.)

6 - Attacked by Evil Snowmen: During a race, the Evil Snowmen become animated & start attacking. When this has happened, 4 of the times they attacked me & got me DQ'ed by forcing me off the track. (The 1st time this happened, I got mad. While running back to restart it, I thought "Wow, those snowmen have some pretty good aim being able to hit a moving target that's sliding around. They would make good BOff's.)

Anyone else experience these? #2 Is the only one that really frustrates me. The others just make me laugh.
    edited December 2013
    Some feedback:

The spoken line from the Chef in the gazebo "Let's make a tasty treat.....together." is starting to creep me out.

Every time I hear him say that I want to reply to the chef "Hi. I'm Chris Hansen. Take a seat.". That's how creepy his line sounds to me.
    edited December 2013
    Some feedback:

The spoken line from the Chef in the gazebo "Let's make a tasty treat.....together." is starting to creep me out.

Every time I hear him say that I want to reply to the chef "Hi. I'm Chris Hansen. Take a seat.". That's how creepy his line sounds to me.

Same here. Also, the Ferengi that keeps saying Q is so handsome sounds creepy as well. lol
    edited December 2013
    Other than my previous post, the only other issues I'm having is not finding a single recipe anywhere (I've looked) and not getting the present in the Gingerbread PvE. Says I did, but nothing. I can Que the Defend the Gingerbread Colony from the Breen or PvE menu without issues.

Ran the PvE race several times. I'm not very good at it (first Winter Event) so I usually finish in the bottom half. I have experienced, 3 times now, myself cross the finish well after others have, yet I was given 2nd place once, and 3rd place twice. Not sure if it was a bug, or if some of the people in front of me got DQ'ed.

The table & NPCs do seem to get in the way when eating pies, but I can usually eat 8-9 (no more than that). To me, it's not really an issue.

The snowballs should be slotted as weapons but since they are 'thrown' like grenades, I can see why they don't.

On a side note that I find funny: I've been actually killed by the evil snowmen a couple times now. They got my health down really low, then I get knocked off a hill/cliff that is just high enough to take the rest of my health. Those snowmen really are evil & can pack a punch, lol.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The snowballs should be slotted as weapons but since they are 'thrown' like grenades, I can see why they don't.

Easily done, just equip them, put them on your equipment tray then drag to position 1. This lets you fire them with left mouse button, in shooter-mode this makes it real easy, until you can get a snow gun. (Remember to change it back before you do any regular ground missions though...)
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • grbubbagrbubba Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Keep forgetting to post this issue, happened last year as well. When fighting the snowmen and you get frozen you will be immediately re-frozen after thawing because the snowmen continue to pelt you with snowballs while you are frozen.
    edited December 2013
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Easily done, just equip them, put them on your equipment tray then drag to position 1. This lets you fire them with left mouse button, in shooter-mode this makes it real easy, until you can get a snow gun. (Remember to change it back before you do any regular ground missions though...)

Awesome, I did not know this. Thanks for the tip.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    grbubba wrote: »
    Keep forgetting to post this issue, happened last year as well. When fighting the snowmen and you get frozen you will be immediately re-frozen after thawing because the snowmen continue to pelt you with snowballs while you are frozen.

I posted this time ago. But this happens mostly because if everyone is running for the present knowing that only 1 present can be adquired, the last one can be catched by the snowmen and that player can be literally frozen by the entire rest of the game if nobody is helping, because there are just too many snowmen around and you are alone fighting em. I said the frozen effect should be removed, it does not make sense anyways.

And what the hell, i dunno the reason why takes so much effort to be released from the freeze, its just stupid.

Now, this happens a lot of times, fortunately i am not a greedy player and i helped 2 times a guy that was left behind and he was already frozen by this issue.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We know, and it's fixed for the next patch. And we can also tell who has participated in it, and will take appropriate action, so if you know someone who has participated in it, or see someone participating in it, let them know that I personally recommend they stop and point them to this post.

EDIT: P.S. The present with the recipe should also be fixed in an upcoming patch, allowing all teammembers to interact with it.
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Props to ya devs.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
    edited December 2013
    We know, and it's fixed for the next patch. And we can also tell who has participated in it, and will take appropriate action, so if you know someone who has participated in it, or see someone participating in it, let them know that I personally recommend they stop and point them to this post.

EDIT: P.S. The present with the recipe should also be fixed in an upcoming patch, allowing all teammembers to interact with it.
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I look forward to it. I'm pissed right now. I just completed the competitive race and had no other players in the race. When it started I was the only one at the gate. When I got to the finish, the first place flag was already taken and all that was left was second. I didn't see any other players around at the finish line, so all I can guess is the flag was stolen somehow when the race started. :mad:
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hellwinkle wrote: »

So, to obtain a recipe, one has to simply abandon the rest of the team and head to the large green circle on the map. This makes the run semi-pointless and makes a season of giving into a season of greed (which it is anyways in R/L).

My last winter invasion run went like this:

full team of 5 at the start, 3 people with snowblowers and two people picking up snowballs (no winter guns).

At the start, Myself and two others sprinted right through all the spawning snowmen and headed right for the green circle on the map (about half way through). Skidding and sliding we raced for the present at the top of the stairs and, smashing F repeatedly, one of us got the recipe (not me again), leaving the two guys with only snowballs back at the start to fight off 50 or so evil snowmen.

Quote: "WTH are you guys doing!!! we are getting (insert expletive) slaughtered back here!".

This really needs to be fixed to either a Need/Greed system or a one per run per person system Cryptic.

Thanks

^^^^ Cryptic, YES - this bug is very disappointing. I know you are fixing it but please consider Extending the Winter Event to compensate for days and days of most people not being able to get rewards from the Invasion.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    eagledraco wrote: »
    ^^^^ Cryptic, YES - this bug is very disappointing. I know you are fixing it but please consider Extending the Winter Event to compensate for days and days of most people not being able to get rewards from the Invasion.

We can only hope that they do this, looking at the history of bugged events (pretty much every event), they may well do so.

Fingers crossed...
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • redshirtfanredshirtfan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    so why can't a bug ("exploit") be talked about? it obviously won't break the game...it is just a few epohh tags on a mission with a cooldown.
  • anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    anyonka wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been mentioned already but I've just finished a lot of recipes and it didn't count towards the accolade.

It fixed itself after I logged back in, I should have tried that first.
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    From the time the Winter Event started I set myself a goal to get both ships on all my chars (meaning collecting 2000 pictures each during the event). This goal as well planed and doable, however the many bugs present in this race have screwed me more than once so I ask for you guys to please fix those as soon as possible or even better change the way the timer works for the cooldown.

For example when my 20h cooldown to retake the mission is up, I log in and pickup the mission for all my chars (22 in total), this process takes from 10 to 15 min and at least for me, no matter what time it is (4am, 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm, 12am, etc) its pretty doable, so after I pickup the mission I can go back to whatever I was doing (sleeping, working, studying or maybe it was during my regular daily gaming times). This way during the rest of the day and whenever I have some time to actually play I just go back to that char and race the event and upon successful completion I just go to the racing official and collect my prize.

However some bugs present on the race itself, like when you signal the race official almost at the same time as someone else, this makes either one of the players to stay outside the track and never gets teleported inside the racing track, this makes the char to fail the mission and has to re-take it, but upon re-take the 20h cooldown timer also resets, and if I'm doing this race, for example, like 10h after i picked it up (meaning 10h left of cooldown), then fail and re-take it, then I lost 10h of the cd timer, meaning I can no longer pickup the mission again whenever the other chars that successfully completed the race could do it.

So pretty much no matter how you fail the race, be it the bug i just described, be it because some lag rubber-bands your char back or forward, pushing it outside of the track or be it because you suck at staying on track, that cooldown time shouldn't reset back to 20h. Please fix that timer so when you accept the mission it starts the cd timer but if you need to re-take it because you failed at the race it doesn't reset it.

If none of that is possible: 1. Fixing the timer or 2. Fixing the annoying bugs that makes you fail the mission out of nothing. Please consider extending the event at least a week so it compensates for all this horrible bugs present.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    While it is quite true that the Talarian hook Spider opponent is one of the fastest AIs you will have to face, it's random which opponent you will get, just try again and you'll probably not get one again... today.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    From the time the Winter Event started I set myself a goal to get both ships on all my chars (meaning collecting 2000 pictures each during the event).

Which isn't actually possible without buying pictures with Lobi, I believe.

The event only runs for 35 days in total, and it takes 25 of those days to get to 1000. Hence, you're only going to have around half the required pictures for the second ship when the event closes.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    johngazman wrote: »

The event only runs for 35 days in total, and it takes 25 of those days to get to 1000. Hence, you're only going to have around half the required pictures for the second ship when the event closes.

Not true. The event last for 42 days (Dec 5th to Jan 16th) which allows for 51 races if you are accurate on taking the event every 20h (not wasting time in between cooldowns)

I only needed 50 races to achieve my goal, but because of these bugs I already lost more than a day, so as you say, I would need lobi to finish getting both ships on some chars.
  • korbinarmandkorbinarmand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    johngazman wrote: »

You're very much right, they'll at perfect timing with race taking 0 time at all will get in 7 races more than they need. So OP will be only 280/1000 on second ship at best.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not true. The event last for 42 days (Dec 5th to Jan 16th) which allows for 51 races if you are accurate on taking the event every 20h (not wasting time in between cooldowns)

I only needed 50 races to achieve my goal, but because of these bugs I already lost more than a day, so as you say, I would need lobi to finish getting both ships on some chars.

The event does last for 42 days, but the wording used for the race reward is a specifically nebulous "35+ days." http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=942721

It's likely that they never intended for the race to run the whole duration of the Winter Event, in which case, you would have probably been disappointed when they turned it off "early." There is a precedent for this, with the Summer Event, where the race for the Risian Corvette also ended before the event itself did.

What is annoying about that 35+ days thing is that it's so open to interpretation. Cryptic knows that the event is 42 days long, and specifically said 35+, which could really be anywhere from just over 35 days to the full length of the event. Just come out and give us a solid projected finish date for it and be done with it. Lowball the number and then extend it if you must, but give us a solid time, rather than this vague frame, please.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    edited December 2013
    While I usually figure a few bugs are par for the course, there have been a few more bugs in the winter event than usual.

Worse, these bugs have the effect of preventing some players performing time limited actions for unique rewards.

Seems like every event, with the possible exceptions of the half-hourly snowmen and the pie eating, has experienced a bug that prevents players getting the proper rewards.

The recipes from the gingerbread invasion, by virtue of the unintended first-come-first-served nature, are only getting to 20% of the players that deserve them.

The competitive race has a horrible exploit in it that players with no face are taking advantage of....and this means that honest players are either having to race again or miss out on their deserved epohh tags.

There have been reports, albeit sporadic, of problems with the Q portait race for some players too.

All in all, I think it's fair to think about some sort of extension.

When the next patch comes out, and I'm sure it'll fix all these issues, I'd also hope to see a definite extension of the winter event to compensate.

I believe we currently at 35 days, with an option for up to 42.

I do see how Cryptic wouldnt want to go above 42, there are revenues from lobi purchases of Q portaits to think of.

So, why not just extend everything to the whole 42 day mark?
    edited December 2013
    Well.........now all players can interact with the present in Winter Invasion to get a recipe, but.......if you don't get your recipe before the snow baron is defeated you can't get it at all and have to wait 30 minutes before you can do the event again. :(

Can't the recipe just be added to the box of cookies and sweets we get for completing the event? I noticed some players don't even go for the present to get their recipe so I don't always go for mine because I don't want my team waiting for me to catch up to them.
This discussion has been closed.