test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Bug Reports] Q's Winter Wonderland/Associated Activates *investigating, see post 54*

Comments

• cptjamersoncptjamerson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    joining from pve que map works for me, so far three runs complete. joining from Q's gets me the endless loop.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited December 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Ahhhhhh, an endless loop

You will be removed from the map in 5 seconds - but during those 5 seconds - over and over in the ginger bread man voice 'you have arrived in the ginger bread colony just in time' and then again and again and again!! 20 Times while I tried to click other buttons to get out of hell - but cryptic would not let me escape - only Microsoft came to my rescue - which is also very scary!!
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You will be removed from the map in 5 seconds - but during those 5 seconds - over and over in the ginger bread man voice 'you have arrived in the ginger bread colony just in time' and then again and again and again!! 20 Times while I tried to click other buttons to get out of hell - but cryptic would not let me escape - only Microsoft came to my rescue - which is also very scary!!

Do you know the Muffin man
    GwaoHAD.png
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same problems here. Loop on the winter invasion queue, and i tried 2 times the race, the first time it bugged and i failed after 2 seconds of the start.. (at first i thought once the spider pass you the race is over.. ) xD. The second time, it didnt bug and i won. But who knows, it seems like this update got everything messed up. These guys really should test things before they throw em away to the users.. lol.
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same problems here. Loop on the winter invasion queue, and i tried 2 times the race, the first time it bugged and i failed after 2 seconds of the start.. (at first i thought once the spider pass you the race is over.. ) xD. The second time, it didnt bug and i won. But who knows, it seems like this update got everything messed up. These guys really should test things before they throw em away to the users.. lol.

No, no. The problem is that we haven't done a good enough job of listing their mistakes for them.

"HELLO CAPTAIN! PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FOR "TIPS ON WRITING BUG REPORTS". THANKS! "
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So the colony loads, then exits and keeps looping?

Had to hard exit STO and it tried to put me back in the same loop when I restarted STO.

I managed to quickly exit the map before it looped again due to STO lag, but I think I'll avoid this event not wanting to lose a Toon.
  • lordkratos1974lordkratos1974 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    it done me the same exact way.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    We're having trouble reproducing reports with issues regarding running and completing "The Fastest Game on Ice" (daily PvE race for Q's Autographs):
    I failed my first attempt. When i restarted the race, and got selected to start it over again, I didn't get transported to the starting line and failed the race again and again.

If you're experiencing an issue, please reply and include detailed reproduction steps (example), in addition to your character's name.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=942731

suggest you search next time or scroll down the general discussion here for the topic that was moved.

edit: thread was merged, disregard above message.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Item issue.

Q weapon - The Snowblower, cant be holstered or hidden.

Same issue as others re: the pvp race. Doesnt start at the proper times, seems random, and sometimes no notification.
    I'm just wondering if ANY testing went into this before go live. This is indeed the worst FUBAR I've ever seen.
  • justin2384justin2384 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We're having trouble reproducing reports with issues regarding running and completing "The Fastest Game on Ice" (daily PvE race for Q's Autographs):

If you're experiencing an issue, please reply and include detailed reproduction steps (example), in addition to your character's name.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    I believe the issues happens if you and another player hit the button to start the race at the same time......who ever hits it first gets beamed to start line the other one does not but it still acts as if you were beamed to the start line. but you are in fact still in the line up making you out of bounds and instantly failing he race....
  • galvanizedquarkgalvanizedquark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    justin2384 wrote: »
    I believe the issues happens if you and another player hit the button to start the race at the same time......who ever hits it first gets beamed to start line the other one does not but it still acts as if you were beamed to the start line. but you are in fact still in the line up making you out of bounds and instantly failing he race....

That was my experience as well. There seems to be a race condition (ha ha) of some sort on the race start button.
  • maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    anyonka wrote: »
    Same here just loops.
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    That's why I'm here looping like a loopy thing that really is F***ing loopy about looping...

10 characters.

Cheers.
  • captexpendablecaptexpendable Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I concur; this is what I ran into when I had my failed race. It's possible this may be a symptom of lag; so many people on Day 1 are stressing things and accidentally extending the window to accept a race?
  • tanadanattanadanat Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Do you know the Muffin man

The Muffin Man down on Drury lane?

But one thing I've noticed with gingerbread loop nightmare is it automatically pulls you into it without a button to hit accept
  • vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seems like the only big glitch with the winter event is the gingerbread village. the map glitchs and doesn't want to load, you get stuck in a loading loop, I was even getting warnings from the server due to the new afk system for pve missions, it seems to glitch if you run it from inside Q's Winter Wonderland, I tried it from ESD and it loaded just fine, course I was only able to get in with just 1 other person on the team but had no problem finishing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just tried to queue up for the gingerbread thing via the pve menu; no go
  • austg76austg76 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have tried 3 times at different times and keep getting the same result...twice it disconnected me from the game....had to re-log in
    What a World...Server Crash...Respawn....borg Invades ...Respawn...
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It keeps kicking me out and putting me back in, I am literally stuck being bounced in and out of the zone, lol!

Maybe its supposed to be an illusion, and the eggnog was bad or something? Be thankful Dr McCat was able revive you in time! :3

If I suddenly jumped into a fantasy world with that ginger bread guy talking to me, I would wonder what happened to my mind. =@.@= "Wheres my tooth brush, it snowing outside!"
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As he title says, the Winter Invasion Event is Borked!

I queue for the event and when I get in, I get Map loading errors popping up, the gingerbread-dude speaks for a bit and then I get kicked as if the game is switching instances on me.

Sometimes it'll just keep reloading the map, other times it'll either boot me back to ESD or disconnect me altogether.

I haven't been able to compete in this event at all since the servers became live again since today's maintenance and it's getting a little annoying.
  • sirsrisirsri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I couldn't reproduce it, but I talked to the race start guy... he rooted me in place and never teleported me to the race start. Failed the event, restarted.

Seems like a pretty standard concurrency/locking/atomicity problem that creeps into edge cases of too many people all trying to talk to the same NPC>
  • ats2040ats2040 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same issue here. I've just had to bring up task manager and force-quit the game, as it got into an infinite loop of loading the map and then crashing out. The mayor saying "Welcome to the Gingerbread colony!" will probably haunt my dreams tonight ;)

Will give it a day or so and then try it again I think.
  • rohthagarohthaga Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same problem here continuous loop where i cant do anything but crash game. . .
  • jnadrethjnadreth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Winter Invasion works if you are doing it with a Private Fleet Action :) Just was there, had same problems with the PvE menu until my fleet peeps tried private :)
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to add to the group that (and I'm sure this has been said) the timers on the Fast and the Flurrious along with the snowman event are borked.

Snowmen should be on the :00 and :30 marks, while the race should be on the :15 and :45 marks.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Mousing over recipes players are linking in zone chat, it seems they are not bound and some players are trying to sell them in zone chat.

I wanted to see about what they go for in the exchange.

Well.........the recipe category has absolutely nothing in it in the exchange. Doing a search with no words, any quality, etc., yields 0 results. Searching for something specific, such as 'Low fat egg nog' also yields 0 results. The results just show up blank.

7w13.jpg
    mfm6.jpg

Doing a search in the 'All' category for the word 'Recipe', I got 2 results (1 of which was the Low fat egg nog I tried searching for in the 'Recipe' category, which doesn't show up there).

o8fb.jpg

From the looks of things, the recipes are expensive (4 mill and 6 mill for the only 2 I saw and they were both common quality), and they are either selling very fast in the exchange, or not many players are selling them right now. The price isn't a concern. Only the fact that recipes are not showing up in the recipes category.

*Side note: I could have sworn that crafting schematics use to show up in the recipe category before season 8 launched. As it stands they aren't in any category other than 'All'.
  • kesak13kesak13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same. Hope that will get fixed soon.
  • jediphoenixjediphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    PVP Races are not working. It never pops up or lets you race.
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You need multiple players waiting at the race official. The first player interacting with it gets the root applied. If anyone manages to hit 'Start Race' in the fraction of a second after, 'that' person gets moved to the starting place instead. Player One just stays rooted outside of the race boundaries.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
This discussion has been closed.