test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[11/21/13 Patch] Graphics issues *Resolved!*

Comments

• johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Turn Post Processing on to fix this until Cryptic QA team comes back from rehab.

This worked to resolve my issue.

Options -> Video -> Advanced Video Settings -> Scroll to effects -> Post Porcessing is top option (default is Off), the tooltip says having it off increases performance... so there maybe a performance hit...

But, I am no longer flashing back to my teen years :)

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • aarran19aarran19 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This worked for me hope it can help you,

1, go to options,

2, choose video settings,

3, click on Antialiasing and switch to MSAA,

started working fine for me after i did that hope it helps
  • whufc190whufc190 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same happening to me every couple of seconds i trip out graphics go back to normal after pressing escape twice but thats a pain in the butt when fighting... fix soon dev? PLEASE!!
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Turn on post processing

Options -> Video -> Advanced Video Settings -> Scroll to effects its the top option... may take a performance hit, but the tripping stops.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was having the problem, played around with video settings a bit, had them fairly low in first place, shadows off, reflections off, but just turning up video card setting to direct3d 11 instead of 9, without touching anything else, totally fixed it for me.
  • dachronikdachronik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Originally Posted by dichtbringer View Post
    Turn Post Processing on to fix this until Cryptic QA team comes back from rehab.

Worked for me , thx
  • vulcanelfvulcanelf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When I first started STO I was having the same problems you all are. Then someone in zone chat recommended to going to options/video/video card setting and put it on Auto. I did that and exited it because it said restart required. Now I can't even get to the character select screen. It starts loading on Cryptic Screen then stops responding.
  • corellon359corellon359 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank God its not just me. I thought I'd have another graphics card to buy.

worked fine last night, just had the usuall background flicker on nebulas like usual, but this gets surreal then pukes out like the pic above
  • gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Turn on post processing

Options -> Video -> Advanced Video Settings -> Scroll to effects its the top option... may take a performance hit, but the tripping stops.

This worked for me. Thanks for the suggestion! :cool:
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm laughing so hard right now.

Only a portion of the player base having bad graphics issues? No problem, we'll just give everyone else some NEW graphics problems!

I <3 U Cryptic
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,429 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The "stuttering" effect is interesting - I'm running my Rom, Subcommander Tovan Khev (captain of the RRW Tovan Khev IV, and whose BOffs are all named variants on "Tovan Khev") through Nimbus III, and for a moment I thought the multiple characters with similar names had confused the system or something. The effect in space during the battle with Hassan was shorter and less intrusive, but no less trippy.

On the ground maps, it seems to happen most often when I face northwest, for some reason. (I looked at that because it reminded me of the drastic frame-rate drop I get in CO's "Fatal Err0r" mission, that only occurs when I look down the virtual corridors in cyberspace - not across, or in a room.)

Hope it gets cleared up soon...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Turn on post processing

Worked well for me as well, thank you.
  • countvampulacountvampula Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Also for me. Ever since the Sphere was released, I've had major graphic problems. Before this patch, my computer ran everything perfect, even at the highest settings. Now since this has been released, my graphic quality has been in the dumpster.
    If they changed the requirements to play the game, why didn't they tell us?
  • infenrainfenra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Having the same issue, Turned graphics settings up to max(default) and it stopped, hopefully be able to run it like this long enough to spin the wheel and sort out my rep projects.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
    Driver: 9.18.13.1422
    ____----____----____----____----____----____

Marshall of the Omega Rangers Fleet, Director of Personnel.

Here to help.
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seems turning post processing on worked for me as workaround, yet i totally prefer post processing off, so i hope they fix that soonish, as that bug wasn't there before todays patch :/
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The decision needs to be made... to roll back to the previous version (LoR/Season 7) and put The Sphere through another quarter of debugging.

Obviously there is something very wrong with the code this time. Large numbers of people could not/still can't log in, and lots of us are having "acid-warp" graphic issues.

Worst part of it is, it seems to be across a variety of system-vintages too. If it was just me with my Windows XP and 4 year old NVIDIA card I would grudgingly accept the fact that STO was too "advanced" for my old computer. HOWEVER, I tested the game on my LP's state-of-the-art MoarRam-6-Core Intel-NVIDIA pixel-fornication-engine and had the same problems.

I'm seeing the same thing reported in chat. And here on the forums.

The problem isn't us, it's YOU, Cryptic. Most of us will fully understand if you roll back The Sphere for a few weeks/months for additional code-fixing.

That's the best thing to do at this point. Take it down, revert to the previous season before you patch-break something important... like the C-Store. :D

(Ticket #66613141701 -- C-Store giving me random free stuff. Please make it stop.)
  • cdrjayde66cdrjayde66 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I logged on and WHOA. I fiddled with everything i could think of, restarting the comp, force verify in the launcher options and other things. Then i thought, well if every previous patch has messed with my settings why would this one be any different. I went to ingame video options, and sure enough everything there was a bit screwy. I adjusted a few things back to where i wanted them, then I changed the Video card option back to Auto for me. Restarted the game and Voila! I'm good to go once again. So here is one solution i have found! :D
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013

What QA team?
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sheer incompetence
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arihelmbarihelmb Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Post processing isn't avaliable for me. Probably isn't to other integrated cards too.
    Btw, this is a print. I figured that it happens every time a object appears on the screen. The option to talk to someone, to interact with a object, a menu, etc.
    This is a print, but the screen doesn't stays static. Keeps flickering.
    http://s16.postimg.org/soqa762l1/2013_11_21_00001.jpg
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Captains, I am going to ask that you have a bit more patience. :) We can definitely see that you are having an issue due to your screenshots, but we did not see this issue internally during our tests as not every kind of graphics card/ driver/ etc. is affected. While we test on a wide-range of cards, none of the ones we test on are resulting in the issues you are seeing.

We're gathering your reports from this thread, and including your computer/system and graphics specs in your reports will greatly help us work to reproduce the issue, and then work on a resolution.

EDIT:

If posting a report, please include:

• System and graphic card specs
    • The map(s) you were on
    • Reproduction steps
      • Including:
        • How you made it occur
        • How you made it stop occurring (if you did - make sure to see the yellow text at the top of the forum for a possible workaround)
        • And how you made it occur again

This thread provides an example on how to provide reproduction steps: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=925341

This would be very helpful. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • sebastiaanb007sebastiaanb007 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I AM UNABLE to play STO , thanks Cryptic .... whose gonne get me those 15 free lobi`s now :-/
    Picard: "The economics of the future is somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century... The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of Humanity.
    TELL THAT TO CRYPTIC
  • chrisdgaultchrisdgault Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    A Picture says more than thousand words:

Example

I am running a GeForce GTX 550 Ti on win7.

Driver Version 314.22

edit: updating to current drivers 331.sth did not make a difference.

the exact same thing is happening to me on space stations ... the bleeding/ shadowing fills the whole screen ...

I am running a HD 7770 under Win 8 .1 driver: 13.152.1.1000 ... it just happened after the patch that installed today. Was running flawlessly before the patch installed 20 minutes ago.
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Intel G45 graphics here
    Windows 7
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93
    4GB ram

EDIT:

Beta Ursae

Started occurring after updating and logging in today. Opening the galaxy map also triggered the problem.
    Stopped occurring using the workaround.
    To make it occur again disable post-processing and wait or open galaxy map.

Video problems occurred in all available DirectX settings:
    DX9
    DX9-EX
    DX11

:(

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • silence1311silence1311 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I NEVER had this issue BEFORE the patch. :mad: The same type of screen appears like the others. Goodbye 15 Lobi Crystals :D
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am having the same issue.

I am running Windows 7 and the NVidia GeForce 9800M GT, driver version 306.97.
    Direct X support: 10, DirectX runtime version 11.

I've tried changing the video settings to low and from DirectX 9 to 11 and to 9ex.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    If posting a report, please include:

• System and graphic card specs
    • The map(s) you were on
    • Reproduction steps
      • Including:
        • How you made it occur
        • How you made it stop occurring (if you did - make sure to see the yellow text at the top of the forum for a possible workaround)
        • And how you made it occur again

This thread provides an example on how to provide reproduction steps: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=925341

This would be very helpful. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • starksto#1067 starksto Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    GPU: GeForce GT 540M
    CPU: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00 GHz
    Memory: 8.00 GB RAM (7.91 GB usable)
    Current resolution: 1366 x 768, 60 Hz
    Driver version: 331.82
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Note: I believe the driver updated a couple of days ago.
    Fleet Admiral/Chancellor
    Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
    Looking for a fun and friendly fleet?
  • tosmonkeytosmonkey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same glitch. Renders the game completely unplayable. I guess I'm done with STO until the next patch. :(

I'm running an integrated intel chipset. Intel (R) HD. I didn't do anything to trigger it. It started up as soon as I logged in and kept happening randomly as I moved. Turned all graphics options down/off. It did not stop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flashmtcflashmtc Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As other have done I put my direct X option to auto in-game video settings and it appears to have corrected it.
This discussion has been closed.