test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[11/21/13 Patch] Graphics issues *Resolved!*

Comments

• markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It is definitely something in this last patch. It wasn't doing this before shutdown.

EDIT: This makes the game unplayable!!!
  • cirnonnuscirnonnus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Both I and my friend are having the same issue here since updating with this patch too. And like the others I was in this morning and this was not an issue prior to the logoff and the patch.

As asked:

System

Dell

windows 7

Nvidia GeForce 7050/ Nvidia N/Force 620i (is what the device manager says)

Hope this report helps get this fixed.
  • rjd66rjd66 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nice to have a day off to play then come to see sto running like this ....please get this fixed quick btw running ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 on medium
  • gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same stuff happens to me. Luckily, doesn't seem to translate to ground maps and system areas, so I guess I can still play STfs and SP missions without danger of getting epilepsy attacks. Hope it gets fixed soon though. :D

Edit: happens in planetary system areas too.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this is by far the most impressive graphical TRIBBLE up ive ever seen :eek:
  • gawlrodgawlrod Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Season eight is a mess. Game played fine before the release but after it crashed like every ten minutes. Then it wouldn't even start. I reinstalled arc and sto and it worked fine again. Log on today patch up and feel like I'm tripping on the Klingon version of acid. The graphics blend together into complete madness. Way to go cryptic. Bravo!
  • veldtpatrickveldtpatrick Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think they are doing their best now ;) and yea i agree with the comments above..its something in the latest patch.. in the patchnotes they updates something for Graphics cards..
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same here, but not on all toons. switching to old school dx9 seemed to solve it though.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Don't do acid in the mean time, it's bad for your health.

I'm one of the luck ones it seems, wasn't hit by the previous bug not hit by this one either.
    But I certainly understand your frustration.

I'm fine in space. Ground though....zomg
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • goaheadandsmokegoaheadandsmoke Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    with mission bugs and graphic's and consumable's being broke what does work on this program I have crashed 9 times and I am running a 2013 gaming p.c. built just for this game lol and still have issue's... I am deeply sadden over these issue that we are having not even in lor did we have this many problems but never winter is do fine so its only sto cryptic doesn't want to put time or money in our game ne more is my conclusion???

YOU GOT TO ASK WHY, THEY DONT WANT TO PUT THE TIME AND ENERGY IN TO STAR TREK ONLINE NE MORE....... WHEN ALL OTHER GAMES FUNCTION FINE I BELEAVE THAT THE STAR TREK RUN IS OVER DUE TO LACK OF PAYING CUSTOMER'S
  • gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I also have dx9, and I have newest graphic drivers. Though graphic card is getting a bit old...
  • christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At least you are able to log in and aren't still having the program enter an endless "not responding" upon trying to load the game. I have been crashing to the desktop since last Friday, and the new patch did nothing to fix it
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
    edited November 2013
    Sorrie It Messed Up When Every Game In Perfect World Line Up Works But Star Trek Online They Are Not Trying That Has Been Proven Bye Season 8
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seems to be a directional issue as well... when I turn my view, there are certain directions that are fine... others not so much ...

Anyways... heres a quick vid. Not the best quality (compressed for size).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48806442/GraphicsBug.wmv

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I noticed a lot of flickering in maps when doing exploration missions and when landing on a planet the face of my team changes color to a dark bright blue for everybody.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yup, unfortunately I'm experiencing this as well. Combined with previous week's graphic glitch posted in >THIS THREAD<, the vaporizing of consumables and the broken state of the exchange, STO has become basically unplayable for me.

Good grief Cryptic, please do something.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This ladies and gents is QA testing working as intended :rolleyes:.
  • nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The randomly changing hue and brightness in Eta Eridani was the most visually appealing (In that stoned/boozed to the gills way), but have effects like the duplication happen on the Axon and on Drozana station and ESD.

Some of ot looks kind of...aesthetically pleasing (I'ma lighting designer in RL), but it does make it rather difficult to play.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is all delightfully trippy. Time to crank up the Pink Floyd.
    <3
  • mrbionic2012mrbionic2012 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm suffering random punts........can play for about 5secs before getting the boot
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At least you are able to log in and aren't still having the program enter an endless "not responding" upon trying to load the game. I have been crashing to the desktop since last Friday, and the new patch did nothing to fix it

Same problem here, last 5 tries.

Switching to safe mode in the launcher options seems to have worked for now. We'll see how long that lasts...
  • fdfxofdfxo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Having same issue

GFX card
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

running on lowest resolution and graphic just for stability, has worked fine until today.
  • badnuke2001badnuke2001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    First, I noticed that turning my graphics back UP to "recommended" (I ran them lower for FPS) stopped that.

Second, I also noticed it would come and go while I was playing with my shadows under options. If I open it - I get hit - if I choose anything, it stops.

I have no idea if that is related, but maybe it will help the devs narrow it down.
  • asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    edited November 2013
    Having the same problem, makes the game largely unplayable, in fact, headache inducing...
  • dachronikdachronik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    grafik card= auto , postproccesing= on no more blurs and seizures , for me at least
  • alnitekalnitek Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    played game for two hours before the patch no problems, now can't play. Devs apply patch to fix graphic card problems for some and make the game unplayable for others. Do these guys work for the government? :mad:
    EVGA 9800 GT windows xp pro sp3 all drivers are up to date as of three days ago.
    edited November 2013
    Hasn't ne one notice that never winter and all the other's work fine just sto is having these problems it isn't right...... they are letting sto linger to bleed it out of some more cash that all I think sto is dyeing hence why they haven't brung down server's yet I now last year if they were having this level of play abilitie issue's they would have.... free to play is killing sto. We pimp star trek out to devs that don't give two craps over it. And with most player's in sto that brag they never spend ne money congrats u are killing one the best games ever....... brag some more on how cheap u are and watch sto listen
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay, I'm highly ticked. Logged on after the patch and now any space environment I try to fly in is a flaring mess, turning bright white and duplicating everything in the environment like a bad acid trip. If I wanted a bad acid trip, I would have done acid.

Hope this is going to get fixed VERY SOON because it is unplayable as is.

Its flashing to me as well, and on ground too! :mad:

https://imageshack.com/i/2otb4mp
  • dichtbringerdichtbringer Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Turn Post Processing on to fix this until Cryptic QA team comes back from rehab.
    STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
    ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
    S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
    LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
    S08: coming soon
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    HOT FIX NEEDED NOW!!
    REVERSE CHANGES MADE IN LATEST PATCH!

S.T.O. is unplayable, driver update does nothing. All other games work fine. Glad I'm not the only one effected by this.

PS. Fix my stack of devices from vaporizing on from my skill tray on use..
This discussion has been closed.