test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    freak4muzicfreak4muzic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can load up Tribble to try, but I believe users with the 18897741 crash number will still be crashing. The team that can work on it continues to do so, but I don't believe a resolution for this particular number is available at this time, unfortunately.

I'm very sorry to hear you're in the hospital though :( Hope all gets better! Sending positive thoughts your way.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I am sad to hear this as I am a member of 18897741 group. At least I get another day (or two hopefully) here to troll this thread and laugh a little.
    00000011 00110001 00111000 00111000 00111001 00110111 00110111 00110100 00110001

Proud Member of the Order of Persistence
  • Options
    sharpkneessharpknees Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, Folks, That's Right. The moment you've all been waiting for....

The Third annual (Last 1000), Most Amusing Posts Award's!

I'd like to thank you all for coming out tonight, and especially those contestants
    who have made every effort to keep they're chins up in these trying times...
    We would not have survived without you!

So with no further adew, (and before we stick to the floor)...

The Envelope Please!

There is a sixth dimension, beyond that which is known to STO players. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as holodeck issues. It is the middle ground between play and crash, between crash fixes and design fixes, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is a dimension of STO. It is an area which we call the Cryptic Zone.

Best "Zone" Award, For reminding us, there is a signpost ahead...
    txspartan wrote: »
    I wonder if we could get a "Persistent Officer" title for use in game for our presistence at logging in when we all know we cannot log in until we receive a message that we can.
    That way we can all nod at eachother knowingly in game.

Best Accolade Inspiration Award, For Inspiring the most, (or possibly least),
    sought after accolade in all of STO's history. Not to mention the included Emote: "Nod Knowingly"
    Anyone not fully locked out is barred from the Persistent Officer title. Anyone somehow in the game, even in a way that makes you wish you were still locked out, gets the Questionably Lucky title.

Worst Accolade Award, For not leaving anybody out, with a "Participation Trophy".
    (It sends them the message that success really isn't all that important, and that underachievement is okay).

*Slams Open Trap Door*
    *Stomps Angrily Up Out Of The Basement Dungeon*
    *Glares Balefully Around At The Other Captains*

Oi Oi Listen up you Lot. I want Three Orderly Lines.
    Line One will be sharp objects (i.e Pitchforks,Axes,Rakes,Ball bats with nails in the ends.)
    Line Two will be blunt objects (i.e Torches,Clubs,Maces,Ball Bats with out nails)
    * No Will that's a morning star you go in line one*
    Line Three will be Miscellaneous Objects (i.e Boiling Oil,Tar,Feathers,Iron Maidens,Snacks,Coolers of Beer and sandwiches.)
    *No Joe those are whiskey bottles filled with cement you belong in Line Two*...

Best Quartermaster Award, For keeping the weapons locker organized, and most of us in line 3.

Partial
    Twas the weekend after Season 8
    Twas the weekend after Season 8 launch...
    :eek:

Best Story Telling Award: An absolute must read, by the fireplace!

Ticket 18897741
    The Picard is still angry at us :eek:

Best Simplication Award, For having no loose ends or puzzling complexities.
    Wakes from restless slumber, Screaming, " ENGAGE ". Looks sheepishly around. "TRIBBLE, still here"

Best Tactical Initiative Award, For being the only Persistent Officer to get in the game.
    (Even if it was just a dream).
    zer0tran1 wrote: »
    I'm gonna do that too xD
    I think my countersign will be something like "I still have that Tactical Andorian you get from level 1, she's my Persistent Officer ;)"

Best Espionage Methodology Award, For the most awesome response to, "Anyone here from the leper fleet"?

Partial
    Good news :) Looks like part of the fix we are testing internally is actually on Tribble now,...

Thickest Skin Award, [*Most Honorable Mention] For giving us the post that made us say, "YES"!!!.
    And for putting up with us, not to mention deleting those " *%**$* this game" posts, quicker than a
    *%**^&$** on a hot ***#$%*&*! (And possibly using his "inside" connections to get us the "Persistent Officer", title with "Knowingly Nod" emote)?
    Well done Brandon.

Say, username, did you read any post in this thread?
    First and Foremost Award, For actually saying what most of us wanted to say a hundred times over.

~~Hello #18897741 my old friend...
    I've come to talk with you again...
    Because a vision softly creeping...
    Left its seeds while I was sleeping...
    And the vision that was planted in my brain...
    Still remains...
    Within the ticket #18897741.~~

Best Rendition Award, For bringing us the Sounds of Space, with Tech Info!

That's it Folks!

Let's have a Big Round of Applause for our Winners!

Thank you, and Goodnight!
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    d3nd3n12 wrote: »
    I've been reading through all this fun stuff, and I've picked up that some people are able to log in, change video settings, log out, and then log back into the game normally (or somesuch).

I normally play on a Win 7 PC, but I downloaded the client to my big iMac. If I were to launch the game on the mac, would I be able to change video settings there and magically make the game playable on my PC again? Or, are the PC and Mac options different and specific to the platform you log in on?

thanks!

d3n

Probably a no go.
    I went into my laptop to try that same thing..adjust video settings.
    It didn't help for getting in with my desktop.
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sharpknees wrote: »

I put them out there for you guys to use in your sigs. so have at it.

My latest one is here!
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was in the same boat as you guys but with the recent changes made on tribble i can log in now with out any problems but most of you peeps cant :( that's very odd :confused:
  • Options
    freak4muzicfreak4muzic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Should I be happy to launch tribble after days of seeing 18897741 to now launch and see Unknown?
    00000011 00110001 00111000 00111000 00111001 00110111 00110111 00110100 00110001

Proud Member of the Order of Persistence
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ah dang it...so I did not get anything for my rendition of "Latinum for Nothing"...okay we need to get to 3000 posts now!

On a related note...I tried Tribble again and still got 18897741...MAKE IT STOP!
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Well, my fears have been confirmed, I won't get to play holodeck tomorrow. I suspected something like this might happen, so I'm not too disappointed. After today's tribble patch, sto still crashed on me. If I'm still crashing, I doubt I'll get to play holodeck anytime soon.

This time I have no ticket number... It just says unknown. Ugh, now what do I do with my pic signature.

Lost in Space?
  • Options
    mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Me too *Unknown Ticket*
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well, my fears have been confirmed, I won't get to play holodeck tomorrow. I suspected something like this might happen, so I'm not too disappointed. After today's tribble patch, sto still crashed on me. If I'm still crashing, I doubt I'll get to play holodeck anytime soon.

This time I have no ticket number... It just says unknown. Ugh, now what do I do with my pic signature.

If you want I can build you a custom one...

Fixed your Error number for you check the S8 Crash sigs album.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • Options
    draconissnoctumdraconissnoctum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Well I'm guessing I'll still be here too since I can't find anyone with my magical neverwinter ticket
  • Options
    zombieredshirtzombieredshirt Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well I can log into the tribble server, but I get the crazy visual distortions still.
    When I try the holodeck I get an unknown error now....hmmmm

Hope they figure this out....dont make me break out another song...
  • Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *snip*
    *shortened for better understanding.*

First and Foremost Award, For actually saying what most of us wanted to say a hundred times over.

*snip*

That's it Folks!

Let's have a Big Round of Applause for our Winners!

Thank you, and Goodnight!
    Why, once in a while not being able to shut up gets you an award... *g*

Thank you, I feel really honored to recieve this award. *bows*

Guess I should try and make me a sigpic to get all that info into the sig...^^
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Lol definitely lost in space :D...

New sig uploaded, I like this one admrenlarreck, it's funny thanks!

Your Welcome.

I hate to say this but if anyone has ideas for the Winter Event Crash Sigs let me know.

Im already thinking of design's.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • Options
    f3dprodf3dprod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well I can log into the tribble server, but I get the crazy visual distortions still.
    When I try the holodeck I get an unknown error now....hmmmm

Hope they figure this out....dont make me break out another song...

Well, have some from me this time :D

In a little while from now
    If I'm not feeling any less sour
    I promise myself to treat myself
    And visit a nearby spire
    And climbing to the top will throw the Voth off
    In an effort to make it clear to who
    Ever what it's like when you're lepered
    Left crashing in the game all the same
    Where people saying: "My God, that's tough
    They stood him down"
    No point in us remaining
    We try again at STO
    As I did on my own but
    18894771 again, naturally

Be adviced: The above post may contain black humor, irony and sarcasm without proper tagging,
    wich may unintentionally hurt some internet feelings. Parents are liable for their children.
  • Options
    txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, Folks, That's Right. The moment you've all been waiting for....

Steven... (I'm guessing you're not Steve Ncheryl)

... you are a shiny golden god.
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Grand Ayatollah...

Apparently, we aren't just a secret organisation, but also some kind of religion...

I'm not sure if I'm surprised, though...
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

I've just posted tomorrow's patch notes here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=926021

Those who are able to log into their characters successfully on Tribble as of today should be able to log into their characters on Holodeck tomorrow without crashing.

Unfortunately, we expect that those who are still crashing on Tribble today (including those with ticket #18897741) will continue to crash on Holodeck tomorrow. The team that can work on the crashes associated with various types of graphics cards continues to work on a resolution for those still crashing, and work continues on tracking additional crashes involving graphics related issues.

We appreciate the patience you have all shown in this thread, and look forward to getting everyone else back in-game as soon as possible. Please watch Tribble patch notes for further updates as they will be noted there. I'll do my best to update this thread at the same time Tribble notes go live, but sometimes I am in a meeting and can't do it at the exact same time, so I apologize in advance.

Thank you,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

I've just posted tomorrow's patch notes here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=926021

Those who are able to log into their characters successfully on Tribble as of today should be able to log into their characters on Holodeck tomorrow without crashing.

Unfortunately, we expect that those who are still crashing on Tribble today (including those with ticket #18897741) will continue to crash on Holodeck tomorrow. The team that can work on the crashes associated with various types of graphics cards continues to work on a resolution for those still crashing, and work continues on tracking additional crashes involving graphics related issues.

We appreciate the patience you have all shown in this thread, and look forward to getting everyone else back in-game as soon as possible. Please watch Tribble patch notes for further updates as they will be noted there. I'll do my best to update this thread at the same time Tribble notes go live, but sometimes I am in a meeting and can't do it at the exact same time, so I apologize in advance.

Thank you,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ah well...at least it is good to know what to expect tomorrow after my procedure. Anyways...here is to hoping something changes between tonight and tomorrow with the team able to figure out what the issue is AND resolve it in time for the patch tomorrow.

(And while I wait...try to find a loaner Laptop so that I can play...)
  • Options
    revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

Thank you,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm really looking forward to see the 188.. get fixed, too! As soon as I get my desktop back I will try the patch soon, since there "only" appeared the 25... crash.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the heads up, Brandon.

You did a great job at keepig the tension low, so far.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    @pwebranflakes

I have a question for the Team working on it. Can they explain what exactly is going on and why they think it is happening or if they have an idea on those questions?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Grand Ayatollah...

Apparently, we aren't just a secret organisation, but also some kind of religion...

I'm not sure if I'm surprised, though...

Grand Ayatollah trumps President, I chose it for no other reason than that. ;)
    I also made myself First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission because in North Korea the First Chairman of the National Defence Commission trumps everything.

Grand Ayatollah = superreligious
    Communist First Chairman = superanti-religious

Balance in the Force... there is.
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • Options
    f3dprodf3dprod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just looked again, patched Tribble to .26 and waited for the old friend 18897441,
    but this time it shows unknown and closes itself. My number is gone :eek:

Be adviced: The above post may contain black humor, irony and sarcasm without proper tagging,
    wich may unintentionally hurt some internet feelings. Parents are liable for their children.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    f3dprod wrote: »
    Just looked again, patched Tribble to .26 and waited for the old friend 18897441,
    but this time it shows unknown and closes itself. My number is gone :eek:

On Holodeck also the familiar #18897441 has converted to the new unknown designation. I guess that's progress, they're working on it!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    On Holodeck also the familiar #18897441 has converted to the new unknown designation. I guess that's progress, they're working on it!
    Well, in my case, it seems to jump between these two - our beloved 18897441 and the unknown.
    On one try, I get the unknown, the next gives me the number. And so on.
  • Options
    wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    After the 186MB mini patch, still get unknown ticket. Originally, 18897441. Don't know if this is good or bad, but it doesn't look good to me.

SIGH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
This discussion has been closed.