test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    kenjimgkenjimg Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, in my case, it seems to jump between these two - our beloved 18897441 and the unknown.
    On one try, I get the unknown, the next gives me the number. And so on.

Now when I get the unknown the cryptic error/debugger .exe crashes on me as well.

"18897441 The Final Frontier These are the Voyages of... *Transwarp Computer* - [ERROR] Now sending crash report... (Drops out of warp) *Looks around bridge* I'll be in my ready room. *Grabs his PADD and Green Tea. Slowly exiting the rear of the bridge.* Let me know when the engineering teams are done putting out all the fires. "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Looking to make some friends?
    Add me on Enjin or Check out the Federation Special Operation Initative.
    http://thegamersrepublic.enjin.com/profile/1635733
  • Options
    mayhem95826mayhem95826 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

I've just posted tomorrow's patch notes here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=926021

Those who are able to log into their characters successfully on Tribble as of today should be able to log into their characters on Holodeck tomorrow without crashing.

Unfortunately, we expect that those who are still crashing on Tribble today (including those with ticket #18897741) will continue to crash on Holodeck tomorrow. The team that can work on the crashes associated with various types of graphics cards continues to work on a resolution for those still crashing, and work continues on tracking additional crashes involving graphics related issues.

We appreciate the patience you have all shown in this thread, and look forward to getting everyone else back in-game as soon as possible. Please watch Tribble patch notes for further updates as they will be noted there. I'll do my best to update this thread at the same time Tribble notes go live, but sometimes I am in a meeting and can't do it at the exact same time, so I apologize in advance.

Thank you,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Brandon
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still getting a 18897741 on Holodeck...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep still crash but I keep the 18897741 number and dont get the unknown and does not crash on me
  • Options
    finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wpace2 wrote: »
    I was in the same boat as you guys but with the recent changes made on tribble i can log in now with out any problems but most of you peeps cant :( that's very odd :confused:

What was your previous Error code?
  • Options
    cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it was this number 18897741

so close too....loaded to 95% then crashed same ticket number as above
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2013

sigh... cursed numbers
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have to say, I have scoured this thread from end to end.... amazingly talented posts all over the place! Well done winners in the top 1000....

Which means I am slowly being overtaken and must work incredibly hard to top some of the awesome posts seen in the past few next 1000... *sighs* not even an honorable mention this time! lol

All jokes aside you all did an amazing job and I truly want to once again to say thanks so much to Steven for his wonderful work in compiling those awards ceremonies... I do know exactly how difficult that task must have been... We appreciate all the hard work!

Also to the chief of communications... lay off with the taking ideas for the crash of the winter event... uggggghhh... *crosses herself to ward off the event of such an evil occurance* one more outburst like that and I will duct tape your hands together to prevent you posting it!!!! I mean really do you want to create a stampede in here when the people in game find out how much fun it is and try to get in here to... :P

Ok everyone coffee break is over back to work!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    terrafuriaterrafuria Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just tried Tribble again. Unknown ticket. And the report window now closes itself....

Starting to wonder if I am ever going to play this game again....
    Lest we forget 18897741
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Terra, you and me pal, you and me
  • Options
    maximilianthevmaximilianthev Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    but I was always able to log into tribble since season 8 started..just not on holodeck...so I wonder what changes where made if there wasn't a problem with tribble to begin with ?
  • Options
    captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, as of the latest Tribble patch I can still log into Tribble. And the graphics issues seem better, but they still appear for me whenever I use a drop-down menu of any sort. Specifically when I mouse-over any of the items in the drop-down menu.

Just like the captain that posted it, this is what it looks like for me too when I use a drop-down menu after the latest patch: http://s1.directupload.net/images/131120/nyen8n7a.jpg

But for now, the graphics tearing like on this pic doesn't seem to be happening now, just the LSD trippy colors and black-light/negative effects when I use a drop-down menu.

v307.83 (released 2/26/13) is the latest (and last) driver for my video card since nVidia no longer supports it. So until my new PC is built, this is as good as it gets for me.

Making progress, but I hope it's fixed soon. My crew will go beserk and tp the mess hall, throw chocolate pudding down the jefferies tubes, set the turbolifts to doublespeed, and huff warp plasma if left to their own devices. I'm a Vulcan. We don't indulge much on my ship. :P
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    finaltom5 wrote: »
    What was your previous Error code?

from my investigations and those of captainwh0 these are my intial findings...
    wpace2 pg 2 error # 26402962 + # 25992675

this was in the beginning of thread before many had updated there drivers....

but my best guess from having poured over all this info for hours last night the 2 at the beginning seems to point to nividia cards while the 1 at the beginning are non... just guessing on that seems to be a common denominator.... ppl with nividia cards older and younger versions now do appear to be getting in more regularlly... just my thoughts will continue to look into this matter...
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    spasticherospastichero Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm getting 25941731. I got nothing. My drivers are up to date. I've even done a reinstall (and now have to use Arc). Hopefully tomorrows patch will fix this.
  • Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    trahdahlin wrote: »
    I have tried doing an update of my video card driver, but it is up to date.

Radeon X1250...and not finding much support at all....any help?

https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Also to the chief of communications... lay off with the taking ideas for the crash of the winter event... uggggghhh... *crosses herself to ward off the event of such an evil occurance* one more outburst like that and I will duct tape your hands together to prevent you posting it!!!! I mean really do you want to create a stampede in here when the people in game find out how much fun it is and try to get in here to... :P

Ok everyone coffee break is over back to work!

ROFLOL OK Ill lay off of it besides I dont want to jinx it too much.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Beep...no updates yet but do stay tuned.

On a side note...

I want myyyyy...
    I want myyy....
    I want myyyyy S T Oooooooo

*insert awesome guitar work here*

EDIT: 30 more posts till 2000 posts! 7031 away from being able to claim this thread is over 9000.

I Want my mtv from dire straights comes to mind
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    rabiddsaintrabiddsaint Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Men (and women),

The time is coming to an end of the crash scenerio with all the frills we made it..Just a few of you will be left after tomorrows patch, but I am confident it will be corrected.

I tried tribble again, was able to log in fine, and still have the graphics problem I was having before with the acidy look.. but I can compensate and work around that since I know now there's a real person working on it.

The knowing someone's working on it, and a shout from the depths of a cubicle was all we needed to pacify us to chill for a little while longer..

Knowing that, knowing that branflakes is really doing his gig I can wait a month of sundays and I'll stay dedicated to STO, till the cows come home as I stated in a previous post many light years back..

I will continue to check tribble on fix's and hoping the graphical misfits will end up getting corrected and the rest of you degenerates will be back in game soon.

If it doesn't get fixed really soon, I am working on a new tractor beam which should lock on to the rest of you and pull you in..

Enough of the hoolah..

>>Branflakes<<

Login fine
    Graphical acidy look still happens although NEVER have seen the acidy look in the Dyson Sphere..
    Did a mission (outside of the dyson sphere) and got the graphical acidy look a few times but it seems to correct itself within 10 secs give or take. It was the deferi outpost 3 mission i was doing..
    The worst acidy look happens in sector space..

If I can post any more pertenant information I will and I encurage everyone else to post as much pertenant information as you can..

As for our time here, been real.. Catch ya in game..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm getting 25941731. I got nothing. My drivers are up to date. I've even done a reinstall (and now have to use Arc). Hopefully tomorrows patch will fix this.

that number looks like one i saw some one have earlier in the thread... revanpike, and locke112164
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,991 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    may have found a work around, if you can get to the character selection screen, go to options and lower the graphics settings, I tried it today and i got in
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      I think when I get back in game, I'm going to name a ship the 18897741, just as a reminder of this experience...
      "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
      ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    • Options
      edited November 2013
      captinwh0 wrote: »
      I Want my mtv from dire straights comes to mind

very nice catch!!!!! I was beating my brains out trying to figure that one and an earlier one out... any guesses on it... its typed in yellow not sure from who...lol
    • Options
      gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
      edited November 2013

sigh... cursed numbers

If you do a digital transform of the number 18897741 using the base 6 number system, you will get the number 666.

All ye who possess that number have been marked by the beast!!
    • Options
      edited November 2013
      ok, halfpint and i are 2/3rds done with list, what will be awesome is we will be able to assign unique full borg designations when complete

based on

last 3 digits of error number,

time of first post on this thread

and position of this thread in forum
      nerf.jpg]
    • Options
      edited November 2013
      deokkent wrote: »
      Fudge. :mad:

/10char

someone is thinking too hard
      nerf.jpg]
    • Options
      royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Sigh.

Loaded up freshly patched Tribble server.

Error #18897741

:( Guess I get to wait another week. *cry*
      "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
      --Red Annorax
    • Options
      wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Breaking down, researching upgrade for dell inspiron 530s video card. Know it's low (Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family 286 MB) LOL Surprised it worked at all even on lower settings. Looking at 7750 1gb ddr5 low profile. Ranging from $100-120. All to play a "FREE" game.....sigh
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
    • Options
      edited November 2013
      Breaking down, researching upgrade for dell inspiron 530s video card. Know it's low (Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family 286 MB) LOL Surprised it worked at all even on lower settings. Looking at 7750 1gb ddr5 low profile. Ranging from $100-120. All to play a "FREE" game.....sigh

youve been here quite a while, you are the 64th user on this thread, im up to 230
      nerf.jpg]
    This discussion has been closed.