test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• dreamcruiser00dreamcruiser00 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well that word a different game play,
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    simple go back to season 7, problem solved

if you look back you will find that this has been coverd. we are the minority, to every one elce s8 was a success
    nerf.jpg]
  • kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013

They won't ever do it, because by now it would affect the players who have accessed S8. However, it was a huge mistake to release S8 in it's current state. Had there not been any reports of this on the tribble server, it would be one thing. Look at the facts they were told of the bug preventing people from accessing the server, and did nothing but add a small note in the patch notes. Released S8 and more people were affected. They admitted that this bug was their fault, but have yet to do anything to fix this.
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    chroma01 wrote: »
    I don't really see any of those things applying to us... they're based on the actions of the "leper"...

We're more like "The Unlucky"... because we didn't do anything to deserve this... but got it anyway!

Bran TELLING not asking = ostracized for unacceptable behavior, opinions, character

Unable to log on = outcast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    what worries me, is that if branflakes does not know that we call ourselves lepers,

does that mean that he isnt following this thread???:confused:

Does that surprise you?
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Is it possible that it could be that easy? That the conflict is 32-bit versus 64-bit?
    Nope. I have the same issue on Win XP Pro 64-bit, so it isn't just that.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    edited November 2013
    kyledewitt wrote: »
    They won't ever do it, because by now it would affect the players who have accessed S8. However, it was a huge mistake to release S8 in it's current state. Had there not been any reports of this on the tribble server, it would be one thing. Look at the facts they were told of the bug preventing people from accessing the server, and did nothing but add a small note in the patch notes. Released S8 and more people were affected. They admitted that this bug was their fault, but have yet to do anything to fix this.

I sure hope so that they resolve the problem quickly go on
    edited November 2013
    Does that surprise you?

Hi Captains,

I don't have any updates to provide at this time -- wanted to let you know before I head out for the weekend. I will be watching email, and if there is an update that arises that I can provide, I'll post here.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

A little....... And especially because he e-mailed me and deleted a thread of mine, and he was "out for the weekend"
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    I sure hope so that they resolve the problem quickly go on

No there too busy dealing with the people who can actually play. They don't give a damn about the lepers. Evident by them only reply to players that can play.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13551281&postcount=19

Proof that they will ignore us.
    edited November 2013
    A little.......

Like a said, they'll reply to players who can actually well play. Us, when it comes to their TRIBBLE up, not so much.
    edited November 2013
    No there too busy dealing with the people who can actually play. They don't give a damn about the lepers. Evident by them only reply to players that can play.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13551281&postcount=19

Proof that they will ignore us.

Not good..
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Like a said, they'll reply to players who can actually well play. Us, when it comes to their TRIBBLE up, not so much.

After 10/03/13 crash, this surprises you? LOL :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
    edited November 2013
    Not good..

What kind of customer service won't give service to those that need it? Really this is infuriating. You're probably have more luck of using the Obamacare site than Cryptic fixing their mess.
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wpace2 wrote: »
    Having gave four years of my life to fight for this country I say we can call our self's anything we want its called freedom of speech :D

I totally agree! If annyone is offended by our little tongue in cheek joke.. then tell them get in back of the line. We were offended first when for at least the second month in a row we are locked out...
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
    edited November 2013
    After 10/03/13 crash, this surprises you? LOL :eek:

Their lack of customer service does not surprise me.
    edited November 2013
    Wait a moment....... im putting my conspiracy theory hat on :-)
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    fcaptkmton wrote: »
    I'm gonna kill time on another STO-less day by playing with a game that WILL start, SWTOR.

http://www.slapcaption.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Star-Trek-FTW.png
    nerf.jpg]
  • stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Umm , branflakes does not want us calling ourselves lepers anymore
    Ah,... yeah,... I tend to agree. (And have refrained from using it of late).
    Seemed little insensitive to people who may actually be.
    Sorry 'bout that...no offense intended.

So,... with that said, shall we change it to expendable, abandoned, unimportant, nonessential,
    inessential, unessential, replaceable, excess, unnecessary, insignificant, redundant,
    unneeded, substitutable,
    or,.. should we get real fancy with a name like,
    supererogatory, superfluous, supersedable,
    or maybe just plain Super!
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Ah,... yeah,... I tend to agree. (And have refrained from using it of late).
    Seemed little insensitive to people who may actually be.
    Sorry 'bout that...no offense intended.

So,... with that said, shall we change it to expendable, abandoned, unimportant, nonessential,
    inessential, unessential, replaceable, excess, unnecessary, insignificant, redundant,
    unneeded, substitutable,
    or,.. should we get real fancy with a name like,
    supererogatory, superfluous, supersedable,
    or maybe just plain Super!

Considering by definition we weren't being offensive, I don't see any reason for us not identify as such. Then again, they wouldn't have to be 'offended' by us calling ourselves what we want to be called if they hadn't released S8 prematurely.
  • jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rsfdan wrote: »
    Well it may have taken a while but I can finally play STO again after a major hassle! 64-bit OS FTW! Hope they fix the issue soon with the launcher but for those who can I'd recommend switching to a 64-bit OS (Win7) here - and it works perfectly!

Got fed up of waiting on STO so thought I'd try some things myself!

i have win 7 64bit and still crash
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I'm up for it! You got my vote, DreamCruiser!
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Considering by definition we weren't being offensive, I don't see any reason for us not identify as such. Then again, they wouldn't have to be 'offended' by us calling ourselves what we want to be called if they hadn't released S8 prematurely.

I do apologize if my prior comments appeared offensives...it was never my intention to do so... but that being said I myself feel like they have delegated us into a position where I feel like the proverbial leper... because I cannot get into the game thru no fault of my own I am relegated to the forum for supportwith only the comfort and support of my fellow crash victums.

Kyle I fully agree with your post... and offensives or not the term previously used was by definition accutate. We have an issue that has ended us here... we are separated from others and we are for all intents and purposes quarantined with little or no outside assistance being evident.

Its heartbreaking that they are more interesred in quelling what we jokingly call ourselves than they are in visiting with reassurances.

I think honestly, this will just be my final post they have pretty much killed my desire to even try to pass the time with jokes here ...
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
    edited November 2013
    im tempted to be defiant and say...

LEPERS TO THE END!!!!! (i do kinda feel quarantined)

buuuut, The forgotten (as someone suggested) sounds kinda cool
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    txspartan wrote: »
    Quid pro quo.
    Ya, tend to agree there too...
    wpace2 wrote: »
    Having gave four years of my life to fight for this country I say we can call our self's anything we want its called freedom of speech :D
    Sincerely appreciate your Service.

Ok, ok. The Third Fleet expansion is Official called
    "The Super XXXXX Fleet".
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    The Forgotten Lepers
    edited November 2013
    just thought, id laugh my socks off if branflakes crashed and ended up in hear:D
    nerf.jpg]
  • zer0tran1zer0tran1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just thought, id laugh my socks off if branflakes crashed and ended up in hear:D

He would show up and be like "Call me Ishmael, for I have been cast out of where I rightfully belong!"

We'd be like "Did you bring your own chair?" xD
    edited November 2013
    looking back we have also referd to ourselves as

the crash victims ?
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    looking back we have also referd to ourselves as

the crash victims ?

Woah! Be careful there m8, Crash Victims have feelings too, you know.
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    dpglerch wrote: »
    dont think bran gives a %^#$ about this thread

Anyone who can actually access the games doesn't give a damn about this thread. It doesn't pertain to them, hence the crappy customer service.
This discussion has been closed.