test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• mrgoodrippsmrgoodripps Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No nothing this big has happen before or at least that I know of only once and that was the beginning of all of this the 10-03-13 patch that hit Holodeck and all other servers ( Tribble and Redshirt), took them a week to do a fix for Holodeck but the fix first came out to Redshirt. A fix was never found for Tribble as we where unable to log into after they implemented the fix to Holodeck.

The crash from Tribble was well reported and they known about it for over a month and they still implemented the patch to go live, my guess is that since there where only a handful of crash reports on tribble since mostly no one test they wanted a bigger group, which they got now to see if this was a wide spread occurrence or an isolated one.

So you're saying i just need to find a new game by anyone other than PWE... ok, Its been real and it has been fun, it just hasn't been real ****ing fun.
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mladjai wrote: »
    Nothing new from me either, new patch applied, still crashing at loading characters every time, what ever i do (tryed to verify files, cnaged to proxy EU and US, all options in options, window mode, full screen), and game crashing every time no matter what i do.
    ehhh.....

Nothing you, or anyone that is experiencing this problem can do the fix from what i understood from Brandons tweet is that it has to come from their end on a patch as its a graphics issue
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So you're saying i just need to find a new game by anyone other than PWE... ok, Its been real and it has been fun, it just hasn't been real ****ing fun.

I never said that you should find a new game just we have to wait a while for them to try and fix this issue.
  • cenellcenell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am still getting the same problem, day 2 now, and I had to hear from my Friends how amazing everything is, while my paid account sits unplayed.

# 25316319

is there going to be a solution or because this is a "minor" problem will it get ignored?
    Tried deleting piggs/.patch/prepatch files, nothing, would rather not reinstall if I do not have to. For the record, I could not get onto Tribble either prior to this whole event as well.

If those two are related, You had time to fix it, why now is this an issue?
  • dreamcruiser00dreamcruiser00 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Error Ticket Id : 25316319
  • icellicell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the more you sit and do nothing about this the more you're just gonna lose you think the people who are able to get on are going to stay if a bunch of their friends can't even get on? you've got another thing coming Fix the issue or your going to get a big bite in the TRIBBLE no matter what you think.
  • newplayercoopernewplayercooper Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    oh my god it has been over 12 hours now it now 3pm in England time ans it still crash when i load my men page.i give up doing ticket thing because it not making any different

i might as well leave it for at least a few days before i try again and if it not working i will uninstall sto off my computer and play some thing else and at same time stop paying for this game as well :mad:
  • kheldrynkheldryn Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well.. Last night before going to bed I tried all the suggestions others have put up and none of them worked (though thank for at least trying to help people).

Once again: Ticket #25316319
    Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
  • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I Hope you don't mind if i quote Angry Joe's Battlefield 4 rant.

FIX THIS ****!!!!!

Even i get impatient :mad:
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    First, for those who are wondering why we are still here with this problem after last night's emergency patching maintenance; it was noted that the fix would not be in it. It is listed as a known issue that is (as of now) unresolved.

They can't bring down the servers because than nobody could play and those people would gripe so they are stuck in a "Damned if you do. Damned if you don't." situation with this problem. They are taking the risk of us getting more frustrated than frustrating the rest of the player base by bringing down the game till they fix this issue.

Also, this looks like it is a fairly complicated program across systems and OS's which means that while it is a priority to fix for them...it is also going to be harder than fixing the problems they did in last night's patch. Those were small issues they could resolve sooner than what we got going on.

So please, I am advocating patience all of us. I am willing to wait and hope they fix it before the Tribble giveaway ends and we lose out on too much Lobi.

EDIT: Branflakes, any chance at an update?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • dartdukiidartdukii Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nice ****up Craptic. I already said all i had to say untill page 22 of this thread. But i forgot to say **** u Craptic. **** u very much.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp-eCwcZcLG2MXd6VmsMC9LE0J42omp2gLSoTWFw_z-0ek2Jn7
  • softtop97softtop97 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    softtop97 wrote: »
    Finished re-patching i guess and got the same Ticket number as before the re=patch - # 25316319.

Same things are happening :(

**Woke up and jumped on here -- due the patch i thought was going to fix this lastnight!!! :D Only to see i have same error to desk top and # 25316319.

:mad: :mad:

Just tryed again 15 mins after this post was set into motion -- now i have a new code # 25941731 Yeah!! think i'm moving up LMAO
  • daywalkerhawkdaywalkerhawk Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So after Todays Patch:

Error Ticket ID:26678558
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    f3dprod wrote: »
    Done that. Cleared manually first all of the prepatch and cache files, got the same Error ID (18897741), verified the files per Steam (15 missing still even after Launcher Start), redownloaded ~15mb Launcher Patch and 12 GB piggs again (took only twentyish minutes, hooray cable :D), crashing again with Same ID, so it seems that solution don't work for ID 18897741.

On a sidenote while tinkering today with my graphic drivers because my log was flodded with it the following:

14 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Pixel shader (Shaders_Processed/Dyn/D3d/Effects Ssao_Prepass_9a156a19.Phl)
    creation FAILED - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
    14 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Pixel shader Ssao_Prepass_D3d9_Ssao_Ssao_Prepass__3111840c)
    creation FAILED - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

wich btw didn't really matter and I nearly excepted it as standard for my card, as except for sometimes varied quality in the textures at highest settings it did just fine.

Anyway tinkering I ran into a 25941731 (I think, forgot to note it down, sorry) between switching from Original to WDDM Drivers and backwards. So I think that ID could point in the drivers direction, but since I got my standard 18897741 directly afterwards at the next starts again I didn't think of any particular meaning to the error ID change.

An interesting thing is that since the S8 Patch my logs are not flooded anymore with the D3DERR_INVALIDCALLs, wich could be:
    Good: They fixed the SSAO Shaders and just temporarily some Shadercode Override isn't computing correctly with older/"basic" cards
    Bad: They fixed the Shaders, but locked out compabilities wich kicks older and "basic" simply out... so long, thanks for playin' :\
    Or: It is also a distinct possibility that the error is not thrown because it crashes just beforehand ^^"

Edit: @pwebranflakes: Thanks for the heads-up, good to know that the team is working on it.
    May one ask if there is noone who observes the testing server forums for feedback?
    Just a humble question, you're doing a good job here :)

I always had a "Pixel shader creation FAILED - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL" message appearing on the bottom of the splash screen... From the beginning - started playing STO in December 2012...
    That might be because of my oldish ATI Radeon x1950 graphics card...
    As I'm posting here, I can also put up my Error ticket ID:

My system:
    Win 7 Ultimate (64 Bit),
    AMD Athlon X64 Dual Core Processor 4200+,
    4 GB RAM,
    ATI Radeon X1950 Graphics Card

The game is crashing after finishing the "Cryptic" loading screen, right when the splash screen should appear.
    Had the same problem before the launch of S8 when trying to get on Tribble, don't know the Error ticket IDs from then...

Before, the game was running quite smooth.

EDIT: I hope to get my new machine running soon (as soon as I found out where I put this d***d copy of Win7 and some drivers...)
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    First, for those who are wondering why we are still here with this problem after last night's emergency patching maintenance; it was noted that the fix would not be in it. It is listed as a known issue that is (as of now) unresolved.

They can't bring down the servers because than nobody could play and those people would gripe so they are stuck in a "Damned if you do. Damned if you don't." situation with this problem. They are taking the risk of us getting more frustrated than frustrating the rest of the player base by bringing down the game till they fix this issue.

Also, this looks like it is a fairly complicated program across systems and OS's which means that while it is a priority to fix for them...it is also going to be harder than fixing the problems they did in last night's patch. Those were small issues they could resolve sooner than what we got going on.

So please, I am advocating patience all of us. I am willing to wait and hope they fix it before the Tribble giveaway ends and we lose out on too much Lobi.

EDIT: Branflakes, any chance at an update?

Thumbs up for this post. :)
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Count me in here, I patched up to Season 8 today, then the game crashes.

Verfied the files, restart, crash.
  • kheldrynkheldryn Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Count me in here, I patched up to Season 8 today, then the game crashes.

Verfied the files, restart, crash.
    Welcome to the club, Have a seat, we'll likely be here awhile. Cross your fingers that they get it figured out today.

And Dev Branflakes.... Thanks for the somewhat regular updates.. I do second a suggestion another poster made.. Can we get a little bonus for putting up with this.. Zen..Lock Box Keys.. anything?, as this would at least show you're sincerely sorry about letting this slip through the cracks.
    Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
  • viperasekviperasek Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I totaly reinstall OS and install latest DirectX, Latest drivers and new install STO... still crashed... not possible problem with PC... Still same problem...
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    still trying ... hoping ... patience ... this keeps up i might become a patient....

Please fix this....thanks!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • draconissnoctumdraconissnoctum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't even get to the legacy of Romulus screen I get to the cryptic screen then it freezes and tells me it cant connect to the patching server and has timed out...then it crashes.

Ticket#14178516
    edited November 2013
    I don't even get to the legacy of Romulus screen I get to the cryptic screen then it freezes and tells me it cant connect to the patching server and has timed out...then it crashes.

Ticket#14178516

I tried again just on the off chance that the emergency patch fixed the issue I was having but nope.

Ticket #18897741 once more. That's four times.
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i have re installed everything and tryed both clients, same results, crashes at cryiptic screen, funny how my friends old desktop works. this is a gaming pc and iv played the game no flaws for a month, .....strange
    nerf.jpg]
  • revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    here I am again. And what did I see? Yay the second maintenance and what's in the patchnotes? Yay! Still no fix for our issue.... frak it!
  • trev2165trev2165 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    same problem. verified everything and i want to scream. still crashing!

got a new # 25941731

please fix this!!!!!!!
    edited November 2013
    I've got to go to work now but again, I would like to ask my fellow players having this issue to PLEASE try to be patient. I know how frustrated you all are too, believe me I do. I also want to play with my crew today hopefully.

But griping and yelling about it will do nothing but cause you to get more stressed. Just ask yourselves, what can you really do about it that Cryptic is not having a team of dedicated troubleshooting programmers working on since yesterday to figure the issue out? I can't do anything but suggest ideas and ask where they think the problem lies in the code for the game.

Same as you, just ask for an update politely and reign in the anger. Getting angry will do no one any good and just stress all of us out more (including Branflakes, think about what he has to put up with in all of this). Kick back, read some novels or play some single player games that do not have a Internet Play feature and keep checking back here till it is resolved somehow.

If you want something to go with, just picture the team they got working on this hitting their heads on their own desks and wanting to toss their own computers out the window because of this problem and the fact that they might not be able to replicate the issue to see what can fix it.

I am going to hope they fix it before I get home in six-seven hours from work. I suggest you all do the same and instead of being angry, cursing and insulting Cryptic...try to be supportive and send good vibes to the team they got working on this issue. Might help move things along faster.
  • cptrobertaprilcptrobertapril Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This just seems to be a repeat of the patch a little over a month ago where only certain users were affected with a loading screen crash... only it didn't coincide with a new season! It is not your specs or lack of driver updates. It took them nearly a week to come up with a patch that fixed the issue. I was hoping that patch fix would come with the shard maintenance last night, I was wrong. Goodbye, Tribble and other new season swag:(
    edited November 2013
    There are still People who are Paying Monthly for that game, and if you pay for something you cant use, its your right to demand a fix asap, or get a reimburstment, and lock at the Forum, more and More Bugs like Procs working against you Feats/Consoles not working, in my Opinion there should make a rollback and Fix this.
    edited November 2013
    so i Deleted all logs Veryfied again and tried it:

thats from PCL.Log
    131113 17:33:07 1 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Using HTTP patching: server micro.stohttppatch.crypticstudios.com port 80 prefix Startrek
    131113 17:33:10 2 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Syncing required files
    131113 17:33:10 3 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/bins3.hogg
    131113 17:33:10 4 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/bins2.hogg
    131113 17:33:10 5 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/bins.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 6 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/character.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 7 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/object.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 8 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/sound.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 9 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/texture3.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 10 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/texture2.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 11 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/texture.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 12 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/data.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 13 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/exes.hogg
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    FYI, since most of us in this thread aren't playing and may not have heard about this one, apparently there is a bug on Holodeck now that any proc or debuff now affects you and your target. People using plasma weapons are setting themselves on fire, Plasmonic Leech is draining the users' power as well as the target, etc.

Just so we don't feel like we're the only ones that are frustrated right now. ;)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Patience is for people who have never experienced this issue before. For those of us who went through the same thing in season 7's Legacy of Romulus, warned for the last month that the test server was doing this and were ignored, and/or suffered other lock-outs (i.e. the 107), telling us to be patient is both insulting and counter-productive. If season 8 suffers a launch failure similar to season 7, perhaps patience is part of the problem ... as it seems to foster lack-luster results. Logically, it's time to get emotional! ;)
This discussion has been closed.