test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts on ground PvP, ground PvP fleets, etc by Mcduffie

Comments

• mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why not to join a ground pvp fleet...
    1 - extremely small, inactive community and underdeveloped fleet holdings due to this
    2 - quality of player personalities and low chances of forming lasting friendships
    3 - inactive community leads to little or no help in pve objectives

We all know what time it is. So, let the flaming begin.

In the long run your over all gaming experience will be lessened by focusing your attention on a ground fleet. It gets lonesome in a fleet that focuses on ground. At any given time there will be no one online to play with. The ground combat in this game is shunned by most of the community and you will be a part of a shrinking minority. IMO it is silly to focus on one play mode over another and we should embrace both at the same time.
    I enjoy the conversations and game play in a normal, active fleet 100 fold. I loaded my Avenger with elite space weapons this morning and we are all looking forward to running the Dyson content together.
    I never felt the energy of a online community while in the ground fleets. I felt isolated from all of the pve events and targeted by other ground pvp fleets because of the fleet tag I wore which felt more like a kick me sign.
    It is up to you to make your choice, but in the end participating in a ground fleet is like shooting yourself in the foot. The only thing they do is ground pvp and neglect all other team aspects of the game. I devoted almost a year to the ground pvp fleets and in the few weeks I have been in a regular fleet I have made more progress than the entire time I spent with the ground community and am over all happier.

A history of ground pvp and a ground pvp fleets affect on ground pvp...
    I have been here since launch. I remember when the ground Q popped regularly. I remember when I was alone on Otha. I remember when I saw the first ground pvp fleets spring up. I remember when the ground Q died.
    Once upon a time, I was fabrication specced. I used a compression pistol or dual pistols because they were cool. I would mix Jem' hadir and Omega sets for the cloaking proc and toggle cloak and it was effective. People had a million crazy ideas on the ground and it was fine. Then the ground fleets changed everything.

A single ground fleet is capable of running all the players out of the Q for hours. Several ground fleets can choke the Q for an entire day. Spawn camping, kit stacking, exploiting any and everything in general with no regard for the fun of it but only for the sake of causing another player distress did these players live and thrive.
    They changed everything. Suddenly your home brew builds where a liability. A 5 man pvp fleet team all modeled after one another, clone after clone, would hunt down the fun loving players and teach them despair and break their confidence in their home brew builds. Eventually, people stopped using the ground Q, and here we are.

A question to the ground pvp fleets; Is a premade always called for? Is it so important for you to dominate that you're willing to cause the Q to become barren?
    A suggestion to the ground fleets; Stop Q'ing as a team and Q separate. If you care about the community you will let them out from under your heel and play beside them. Unless the truth is that you do not intend on playing against other players of equal ability and only wish to stomp pugs and players who are unable to resist.
    We all know what Uncle Ben said, "With great power come great responsibility.". You have to power to fix this, but you must submit to the idea that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. You are the few, ground pvp fleets.

Stop Q'ing as a team every time. Save your premades for battles against other premades, and let the community know that you are there for them. Stop this join us or die TRIBBLE and realize that we are already one community.
    Be the bigger man. Undo what you have done. If you can swallow your pride and let the ground Q heal we will all be better for it and happier.

P.S. Telling a player to join your fleet is not helping them. Loosen your grip on their throat and relax your game. IMO pvp boot camp has accomplished nothing and functions more as a recruitment event for the pvp fleets.
    Personal opinion of ground pvp fleets...
    Ground pvp fleets remind me of fascists. You must use this or that. You can't do this. All that matters is the supreme goal of noob genocide. Do not laugh. Do not have fun. Do not pass go or collect 200 dollars. One day you will become tired. One day you will be at peace with yourself as a player and aim only to please yourself. This strange hybrid of nerds and jocks puzzles me to no end.
    If you guys were really interested in challenges and growing you would fight other premades instead of living off the blood of the casual public and damaging the moral and interest of the non-pvp fleet community, but I know that you will do anything to avoid fighting other fleets such as yourselves. I saw it when the alliences began. It seems to me that your kind has a join us or die mentality. You have no sportsman code of conduct. When a match begins you act as savages. It is shameful. The lack of people in the ground Q is the fault of pvp fleets, their exploits, and brutality towards new or casual players.
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Do not pass go or collect 200 dollars.
    For the younger generation: "Do not pass go, do not collect $200" is a reference to an old board game called Monopoly... board games were played by friends and families on a piece of cardboard with dice... friends were people you knew in real life who would come over to your house and play games, inside and outside... outside is that space on the other side of the wall... never mind this is too complicated to explain.
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Anyways, you lost almost all credibility in my eyes about ground fleets and ground pvp. If anything bad is happening on ground maps, I will have to experience it myself to draw any conclusions. And I probably won't care, cheese in space never managed to phase me.

I can't help it if my opinions hurt the feelings of the honorable ground players. You can't please everyone. Unfortunately, the exploitive game crushers and steam rollers who are responsible for the disinterest in ground by the general community far out number the true sportsmans in the community. It is foolish not to hold them accountable for their actions in a public forum, and until Cryptic offers some fix for this we will never grow. It is on the hands of Cryptic because we are not smart or mature enough to fix this problem with player conduct ourselves.
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lol, so much of whining here.
    Fleets are not supposed to take care of community. People play together to have fun, to get more skills and make their teamwork perfect. That's why they join in premades, because all want to play with friends, not with pugs. Fleets are not babysitters for pugs. Their attitude is their personal thing, some are rude, some are kind, it is irrelevant in most cases.
    All this QQ is pointless. You claim that every match supposed to be perfect, that all team have to be of same level. This is bs. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you get pug stomped. It is PVP. It is supposed to be this way. Try any other game were you play against other players, fps or rpg, doesn't matter, it shall be same.
    Thanks for reading

In-game handle @Janetza
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    taut0u wrote: »
    lol, so much of whining here.
    Fleets are not supposed to take care of community. People play together to have fun, to get more skills and make their teamwork perfect. That's why they join in premades, because all want to play with friends, not with pugs. Fleets are not babysitters for pugs. Their attitude is their personal thing, some are rude, some are kind, it is irrelevant in most cases.
    All this QQ is pointless. You claim that every match supposed to be perfect, that all team have to be of same level. This is bs. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you get pug stomped. It is PVP. It is supposed to be this way. Try any other game were you play against other players, fps or rpg, doesn't matter, it shall be same.
    Thanks for reading

Could not say it any better. I hate people using the forums for their personal option or when they come here because their feelings are hurt. People need to learn it is PvP, ask for the other teams best and if you win or lose or lose it does not matter. Long as you are having fun. I have been in many one sided matches and sometimes they are not in my favor. It is time for people to grow up and take a disappointing lose. If you are not having fun you should go play something else that does make you happy.
    320x240.jpg
  • sammy98745362sammy98745362 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I for one do not care about people feeling and complaining on the forum about and losing in a match is no big deal to anyone. I always get killed by hammer or fes or pugs.

Ninehttp://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
  • sammy98745362sammy98745362 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I for one do not care about people feeling and complaining on the forum about losing in a match is no big deal to anyone. I always get killed by hammer or fes or pugs amd i still have fun.
  • tron4eternitytron4eternity Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »

As far as Hammer is concerned we tried to be nice to Akurie and Biggles. We made some mistakes but everyone does. These relationships were not meant to be. Do we wish either of them harm, no we do not. We let them go and it might be best for all parties. We also wish the best for all of them. We have dirty laundry on most people that have been on our mumble server, we could share but we take the high road and don't.

I helped you beat the biggest exploiting fleet during my time with you and for awhile helped put you folks on top of the ground pvp world. During that time we threw our best teams out there that nobody could beat based on actual fact. I have the same screenshots you have on your site of these tough matches. Now all you have done is ally yourselves with them and pretty much make yourselves even bigger targets and lost your identity as what to hammer is and now roll more like fes. So basically your welcome for my services and putting you guys on top for awhile. Now I just have more targets to own since I am no longer with you! I quit hammer by default when I went to explore other options not the other way around! Also I brought akurie into this fleet and he turned out to be a solid engy for us and was involved in one of those fes beatdowns during their so called evil mirror fail event in which they "TRIED" to shut down the q's LOL

More on topic now Even if every bug is fixed on ground and it becomes the most balanced thing in this game this community will not still grow. The fragile egos and attitudes of the majority of the community will see to that. I finally realized why space guys say lolground. It has nothing to do with the game it's about the players that do heavy ground pvp. Yeah the space community has some nutjobs too but it's way worse on ground trust me! I think it's the cod mentality that makes it that way. Why even bother trying to be a model citizen when so many others are just going to ruin this game for you anyway. You accept me for what I bring to you on the battlefield or TRIBBLE off. I am going to be me and live a life with pride rather than die unhappy having lived a life of conformity!

On a side note if they do finish fixing all the bugs that TRIBBLE up ground pvp we all know what is going to end up happening. FS is going to beatdown every single one of you. Plain and simple. This doesn't mean I endorse them as I still don't care for a select few members although most of those folks are inactive lately. But face facts if you all are forced to play clean without any broken op ish to use, players like me ox, flo, most fs are gonna be on top of this game as usual again. Yeah I along with many people have used broken ish 99 percent of the time in retaliation for some other bs used on me or my team first though. But I have proven time and again and quite a bit lately that I can play with fully clean setup and still pwn balanced teams permitting of course. Unless someone wants to QQ 3 purple nurse doffs on a tact. LOL!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As far as Hammer is concerned we tried to be nice to Akurie and Biggles. We made some mistakes but everyone does. These relationships were not meant to be. Do we wish either of them harm, no we do not. We let them go and it might be best for all parties. We also wish the best for all of them. We have dirty laundry on most people that have been on our mumble server, we could share but we take the high road and don't.

I helped you beat the biggest exploiting fleet during my time with you and for awhile helped put you folks on top of the ground pvp world. During that time we threw our best teams out there that nobody could beat based on actual fact. I have the same screenshots you have on your site of these tough matches. Now all you have done is ally yourselves with them and pretty much make yourselves even bigger targets and lost your identity as what to hammer is and now roll more like fes. So basically your welcome for my services and putting you guys on top for awhile. Now I just have more targets to own since I am no longer with you! I quit hammer by default when I went to explore other options not the other way around! Also I brought akurie into this fleet and he turned out to be a solid engy for us and was involved in one of those fes beatdowns during their so called evil mirror fail event in which they "TRIED" to shut down the q's LOL

More on topic now Even if every bug is fixed on ground and it becomes the most balanced thing in this game this community will not still grow. The fragile egos and attitudes of the majority of the community will see to that. I finally realized why space guys say lolground. It has nothing to do with the game it's about the players that do heavy ground pvp. Yeah the space community has some nutjobs too but it's way worse on ground trust me! I think it's the cod mentality that makes it that way. Why even bother trying to be a model citizen when so many others are just going to ruin this game for you anyway. You accept me for what I bring to you on the battlefield or TRIBBLE off. I am going to be me and live a life with pride rather than die unhappy having lived a life of conformity!

On a side note if they do finish fixing all the bugs that TRIBBLE up ground pvp we all know what is going to end up happening. FS is going to beatdown every single one of you. Plain and simple. This doesn't mean I endorse them as I still don't care for a select few members although most of those folks are inactive lately. But face facts if you all are forced to play clean without any broken op ish to use, players like me ox, flo, most fs are gonna be on top of this game as usual again. Yeah I along with many people have used broken ish 99 percent of the time in retaliation for some other bs used on me or my team first though. But I have proven time and again and quite a bit lately that I can play with fully clean setup and still pwn balanced teams permitting of course. Unless someone wants to QQ 3 purple nurse doffs on a tact. LOL!

You are biggles.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited November 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    You are biggles.

Obvious moron is obvious :) As usual your contribution to these threads is op LOL! I think I have some more foundry missions to rate low :P
    edited November 2013
    I had a great match today. I managed to talk Germany into splitting up and running solo. We all goofed for a minute and then concluded the match happy.
    Safety in numbers dose not equal skill. If your only strategy is to maraud as a group then I think you need to reevaluate what kind of player you are.
    I see a lot of sore players doing damage control for their fleets actions and very few logical counter arguments in this thread.
    I have been so happy as a player since I decided to leave the ground pvp fleets behind and embrace a real online community that has so much more to offer.
    edited November 2013
    Obvious moron is obvious :) As usual your contribution to these threads is op LOL! I think I have some more foundry missions to rate low :P

raged from any pvps today?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Be careful Sutherland, we all know that Biggles is secretly the Spectre. Think about it, think long and hard about it. If you do it all makes perfect sense. Why do you think he changes names from time to time, he's moving on to a new host. :eek:
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
    edited November 2013
    I had a great match today. I managed to talk Germany into splitting up and running solo. We all goofed for a minute and then concluded the match happy.
    Safety in numbers dose not equal skill. If your only strategy is to maraud as a group then I think you need to reevaluate what kind of player you are.
    I see a lot of sore players doing damage control for their fleets actions and very few logical counter arguments in this thread.
    I have been so happy as a player since I decided to leave the ground pvp fleets behind and embrace a real online community that has so much more to offer.

There is no one sore here. We don't have to run damage control. We just don't like people make accusations that are not true. People will have their opinions and we will never be able to change most of their minds. So why try. I am truly sorry that you decided to leave Hammer, but all you have done in this forum is give your opinion and everyone knows what opinions are like. Even considering that I still wish you the best of luck on journey throughout STO. You are right there is safety ini numbers and as far as Hammer is concerned most of us played together before we ever started playing ground.
    320x240.jpg
    edited November 2013

Nah I am usually the one causing opposing rage LOL. Besides I haven't played in 2 days. Unlike you I have a real life and an actual job. I prefer not too exploit my countries welfare system but that's just me. If only making crappy foundry missions payed real money instead of working off of fake money tips HEHE :)
    edited November 2013

Trust me if I was around that would never have happened but kudos on getting them to split up.
    Yeah the need for an actual ground pvp fleet is totally uneeded. All the fleet tag does is draw aggro on you when the rest of the fleet isn't there to back you up. In most cases the ground fleets are small and base progression is slow. I prefer to fleet up with a large full roster fleet and get unlimited access to the gear unlocked. Even if I have to devote my time to helping them with fleet actions and such it's worth it.
    edited November 2013
    Be careful Sutherland, we all know that Biggles is secretly the Spectre. Think about it, think long and hard about it. If you do it all makes perfect sense. Why do you think he changes names from time to time, he's moving on to a new host. :eek:

Honestly doing this is the most enjoyable thing in this game. God forbid pvp should be the most enjoyable thing. It used to be. Maybe I have just been playing this game so long I am burnt out on it. I mean yeah we have new content yadada new sets to possibly TRIBBLE up ground and space more but that kind of content for me might give me a few days of a fix at best!
    edited November 2013
    Nah I am usually the one causing opposing rage LOL. Besides I haven't played in 2 days. Unlike you I have a real life and an actual job. I prefer not too exploit my countries welfare system but that's just me. If only making crappy foundry missions payed real money instead of working off of fake money tips HEHE :)

I see sir. I'll take a Big mac with that rage.

P.s. Where is the wifi located?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2013

After we ran a few STFs with you we had another of your fleet mates join us. We had some nice runs, thanks.
    edited November 2013
    I see sir. I'll take a Big mac with that rage.

P.s. Where is the wifi located?

I admit by no means do I work for a fortune 500 company in middle management or anything like that but I do far better off then you I would bet on. More forum PVP? I know real pvp in this game blows at times so this forum pvp is more exciting then the impending season 8 launch. Ps my interweb C--- is bigger than yours!
    edited November 2013
    I admit by no means do I work for a fortune 500 company in middle management or anything like that but I do far better off then you I would bet on. More forum PVP? I know real pvp in this game blows at times so this forum pvp is more exciting then the impending season 8 launch. Ps my interweb C--- is bigger than yours!

Gone pure digital?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • emp1591emp1591 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I admit by no means do I work for a fortune 500 company

Aren't you a taxi dispatcher or garbage disposal guy or something like that? Not a fortune 500 indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Working as intended"... 1 year later they "fix" it.
    edited November 2013
    emp1591 wrote: »
    Aren't you a taxi dispatcher or garbage disposal guy or something like that? Not a fortune 500 indeed.

Not the garbage man for sure although I hear the county pays them well. And you do what?
    edited November 2013
    Not the garbage man for sure although I hear the county pays them well. And you do what?

Why ask when you have not revealed what you do, he most likely heard a rumor.
    320x240.jpg
    edited November 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Why ask when you have not revealed what you do, he most likely heard a rumor.

Idk why we are even discussing this for that matter as it is way off topic. Oh that's right a certain fes player derailed the thread in a failed attempt to troll me. And now we do forum pvp HEHE!

From what I have been reading ground had a few significant fixes but they failed to touch the more important ones like all disable immunities. Also willpower affecting the cryo immobilize duration and it killing half your powers tray. It appears they stopped the sword 2 attack from knocking back but what about chain knockbacks from everything else?

And once again the new lobi store weapon can be fired from stealth module lol! Before I blow 50 free lobi on that weapon on each ground toon what our our opinions of it? I ask about it as it worth carrying for it's 3 firing attacks? I don't want it for the exploit since I am sure that will be fixed in a week. I have found a viable use for the elachi weapon non omega cloaked so I made that part of my ground arsenal on all toons. What types of weapons does each attack mimic? It appears the 3 attack is a new form of attack though.

I was able to get on for brief hour yesterday and had the benefits of the sure footed trait without carrying the trait. I wasn't able to test it with another player but is it actually working? I can see this being overpowered and making engy's useless and such since we all crouch + aim keybind ourselves :)
  • nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Starbases aren't built in a day. Adjudicatorhawk is pretty awesome about getting things fixed even if it takes a bit of time.

The sword knock back was part of a greater issue that affected any exploit capable melee attack. It is corrected. Yea the sure footed thing is obviously messed up, and it is working on characters that don't have the trait. I doubt that'll be here long but then again I thought the same thing about the knock back issues. To be fair the issue with knock back was a bit of a subtle problem. This sure footed thing and the Voth weapons being active while under operative cloak will hopefully be addressed quickly.
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And once again the new lobi store weapon can be fired from stealth module lol! Before I blow 50 free lobi on that weapon on each ground toon what our our opinions of it? I ask about it as it worth carrying for it's 3 firing attacks? I don't want it for the exploit since I am sure that will be fixed in a week. I have found a viable use for the elachi weapon non omega cloaked so I made that part of my ground arsenal on all toons. What types of weapons does each attack mimic?

I've been to busy with finals and work to actually test it or play with it, but it seems like it's a minigun w/ a pulsewave 3rd attack.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    More like a weak sonic pulse then a pulse wave shot. I spent free lobi on it but I don't think I'll buy another one.
    edited November 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quZlm3tl_Tw&feature=youtu.be

A message to the ground pvp fleets. You don't have to dominate the Q with broken tactics. The community isn't so fierce that it is called for. Relax, be yourself, and have fun. But most of all, begin treating other players with respect and let them have some fun.

My new ground build http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HEH80lmwQM
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This has group hug written all over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...