What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts on ground PvP, ground PvP fleets, etc by Mcduffie

Comments

• majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Tira,
    I would like you to look the damping filed trait again. I have good machine so I don't experience that much lag. So it could be bothering people and not me. The DF trait also has a slow p build in are you sure you are not seeing the slow rather than lag. I am asking because I don't experience it, but I also don't experience mortar lag either, which I have herd people complain about. I don't see Cryo imobilizer procing as much and it has become real manageable, just like the DOT doffs.

The problem is the dampening field is perfect blackness. You can't see anything within or around the dampening field. Which means an engineer from the other team could be hiding mines in there and you have no way of knowing yourself. Plasma Grenades and Sniper shot warning animations are also hidden to those stuck in the dampening field due to the blackness. The animation was a cheap copy/paste from space. If it were something like smoke grenade I would have no problem with the trait whatsoever.

Cryo Immobilizer module is a big problem. It has no immunity period, can multiproc stack, is not reduced by willpower, completely locks down a player, and the only cleanse is tied to a duty officer on a tactical kit with a 90 second cooldown. Fortunately, Cryptic will be fixing this trait soon.

The DoT doffs are fixed...for the most part. There is one glaring part of the bug I brought up when it first came out. It's very simple to test, have a tactical officer use Ambush + DoT DOFFs and simply drop a plasma grenade on you. The DoT stacks will rack up to infinity the longer you are in the plasma field. This has been dev confirmed as not working as intended. I quote:
    Hey all,

A couple things - looks like there's definitely a weird edge case with this Doff and Plasma Grenade - Something about the way it's calculating damage or attaching stacks of damage is off. I'm looking into this. Also, in all cases, the DoT is double-dipping off of damage buffs, which I will also fix - since its damage is based off of the (post-multiplication) damage of your initial attack, there's no justification for the DoT to then get multiplied by your bonuses as well.

Finally, there's the question of how to counter it when it's used on you. Since it's physical damage, I'm going to tag it so that Biofilter Sweep removes the DoT, but I'm also considering allowing the DoT to be removed by an amount of healing received somewhere between one and two health bars. This gives the doff some counterplay in PvP, allowing the target to react to the ability being used on them.

The text highlighted in red has not been fixed as of yet. The players still using this duty officer know about this problem, it's been common knowledge ever since the duty officer was released because of the forum post I made in that thread. Naturally the duty officer won't do anything to Medics, all of their kit abilities clear the stacks now, but this bug will kill every other kit group.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The problem is the dampening field is perfect blackness. You can't see anything within or around the dampening field. Which means an engineer from the other team could be hiding mines in there and you have no way of knowing yourself. Plasma Grenades and Sniper shot warning animations are also hidden to those stuck in the dampening field due to the blackness. The animation was a cheap copy/paste from space. If it were something like smoke grenade I would have no problem with the trait whatsoever.

This is true. If someone throws this on you, anyone can attack you. I don't think it needs to be THAT big for a perception debuff. Right now I just tank my way out, but a sci with tricorder scan can counter the perception debuff for just a little. I don't recommend sticking around when you do that, I recommend using it to see how far the enemy is and retreat.

I'm not sure a perception debuff is even needed, tbh. If the trait just granted a hold, which in theory should be countable by hypo and willpower, that could be sufficient.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just had some fun all pug matches now , in FvK, less premades there you puggers should try it more.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited November 2013
    wrong post
    --
    edited November 2013
    The craft able kits is a valid option as long as it is done right, some powers should not be together. A kit with tachyon harmonics, triage, exothermic induction, nanite health monitor, and stasis( if it would hold longer) would be to much. Just like a kit with lunge and plasma grenade would be also. It would have to be balanced. You would also be tied down to a airlines still in your current kit. My post was not very indepth but under the right implantation it could become useful. I am not saying let anyone put any ability on any kit.

The problem with making craftable kits, and when it was suggested, even interchangelabe powers is skill tree. Let's say I put mines on my medic kit. Well I can't put any points in mines. so why would I?

I think what we're going to see is socketing. Champions does this now. You fuse things togteher, put them in your gear, and it grants attributes. This is very very primitive right now w/ the recpies from 4028 or whatever mission and the dominion weapon. But I think what you'll see is upgrades to armor to grant X resistance to Y power, and kits being upgradeable to heal X amount, etc.
    --
    edited November 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Just had some fun all pug matches now , in FvK, less premades there you puggers should try it more.

On ground at least the q's are notorious for shorting the Fed side so it's usually 3 F on 5 K.
    --
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    no it was even today last 3 matches
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You guys are just scared that if there was a random option installed that you would loose your pug stomp matches and be alienated from the community.

Please produce facts. Your opinion does not matter to anyone. I am not scared of pugging any match. Anytime anyplace. It is only a game, I have nothing to lose or prove. But separating queues you are going to run agains the same issues you do with I'm a pug group. Your problem is that you want to blame someone for a bad game and it is easy to point at a premade. What happens next when you lose to a pugmade, and badly. Then you will start complaining about team make up. Then you will say a queue should only pop when both teams have two tac, two science, and one eng. when does the nonsense stop.
    320x240.jpg
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi there, what is going on in this thread
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please produce facts. Your opinion does not matter to anyone.

Lies and slander. Your irritation and defensiveness only show me know that my argument is relevant and you are indeed scared. Were I your fleet leader I would not want a player who can only resort to name calling and mean spirited comments representing, but more so embarrassing his fleet. For shame, Hammer.
    edited November 2013
    Lies and slander. Your irritation and defensiveness only show me know that my argument is relevant and you are indeed scared. Were I your fleet leader I would not want a player who can only resort to name calling and mean spirited comments representing, but more so embarrassing his fleet. For shame, Hammer.

I am not irritated at all. I am not scared at all. Why should I be. All I want is facts, not someone's opinion. When have I ever called anyone a name. How have I been mean spirited. You are the one calling lies and slander, how? I gave an opinion just like yours. I have no problem backing them up. I have no problem with you or your opinion, I am just pointing out you are going to run across the same issues in single made queues as the queues are right now. How is that a lie. Like I said before I am more than willing to have an intelligent discussion, but I want facts, not someone's dreams or opinion. And you were the one talking about fleets first, I am not going to let you bad mouth any fleet, including FS, ACME, FES, Hammer or anyone else that I did not list. If anyone we do more for the ground that most single runners. How many people have you took in and taught in the past, we have had an average of four player a month asking us question.
    320x240.jpg
    edited November 2013
    How many people have you took in and taught in the past, we have had an average of four player a month asking us question.

You havn't looked at my youtube channel have you?
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Actually we do. I'm still dissapointed you havn't made a video with the my little pony theme. :mad:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [Drama intensifies]
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited November 2013

I am going to refrain from a comment, I might disagree with you, but I am not going to be rude. I will give you props for trying something. And I have two words for you. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! We have also seen you Facebook page.
    320x240.jpg
    edited November 2013
    mrkollins wrote: »
    [Drama intensifies]

It would be nice if everyone simply stopped replying to Mcduffie's threads. He's actively seeking attention and drama here on the forums. You can see this, every time one of his threads starts to fall back a few pages, he creates another video and another thread to spark the drama back up again...and the fleet members of Hammer Squadron continue to fall for his bait.
    edited November 2013
    It would be nice if everyone simply stopped replying to Mcduffie's threads. He's actively seeking attention and drama here on the forums. You can see this, every time one of his threads starts to fall back a few pages, he creates another video and another thread to spark the drama back up again...and the fleet members of Hammer Squadron continue to fall for his bait.

I don't fall for it. I know what it's about. I just can't stop taking digs at him.
    --
    edited November 2013
    I don't fall for it. I know what it's about. I just can't stop taking digs at him.

You have to be able to make an attempt at a decent debate to make "digs" at me, kitten :P
    edited November 2013

...(sigh)...

Meanwhile, anyone remotely interested in Ground PvP views this negative thread and watches the original poster's rather whiny youtube videos. This entire thread and everything he's uploading to youtube as drama bait isn't helping the ground community at all. If anything, it's offering everyone reading this thread reasons to give Ground PvP a wide berth. The forums are meant for collaboration and discussion. Please cease the childish jabs and stop replying to his bait, it's certainly not helping your fleet's reputation.
    edited November 2013
    ...(sigh)...

Meanwhile, anyone remotely interested in Ground PvP views this negative thread and watches the original poster's rather whiny youtube videos. This entire thread and everything he's uploading to youtube as drama bait isn't helping the ground community at all. If anything, it's offering everyone reading this thread reasons to give Ground PvP a wide berth. The forums are meant for collaboration and discussion. Please cease the childish jabs and stop replying to his bait, it's certainly not helping your fleet's reputation.

Just living up to the rep you've deemed us to be. You've been invited to our mumble to run with us and see how we play. And if you didn't see that invite somewhere, it's given to you again right now. You don't need a mic. Mumble has text to speech, and I'll even give you an old channel we used to use when we were the 222nd fleet to coordinate with our old Klingon sister fleet. You're more than welcome to run with us, chat with us, and we'll even set up private pvps within the fleet where you can run with either team you chose. I see you attack us in Zone all the time, but never other fleet. So I'm sure you know our handles by now, private tell us, set up anytime you'd like, and Doc or I will send you our mumble info. We want the community to prosper too. We're happy about the changes coming. And I agree with you that not every thing should break the distortion. And, to be honest, I think that's not so much a heavy handed fix, as more of a "htf do we fix this problem? We'll just make red alert break it". One ? is, and damned if I have time to test anything any more, will mortars break it? Mortars do put you in red alert, and if you don't have covert, they find you. So that's a bummer right there. But none the less. I'm serious about the invitation.

Oh, one more thing. Have a happy Thanksgiving.
    --
    edited November 2013
    Just living up to the rep you've deemed us to be. You've been invited to our mumble to run with us and see how we play. And if you didn't see that invite somewhere, it's given to you again right now. You don't need a mic. Mumble has text to speech, and I'll even give you an old channel we used to use when we were the 222nd fleet to coordinate with our old Klingon sister fleet. You're more than welcome to run with us, chat with us, and we'll even set up private pvps within the fleet where you can run with either team you chose. I see you attack us in Zone all the time, but never other fleet. So I'm sure you know our handles by now, private tell us, set up anytime you'd like, and Doc or I will send you our mumble info. We want the community to prosper too. We're happy about the changes coming. And I agree with you that not every thing should break the distortion. And, to be honest, I think that's not so much a heavy handed fix, as more of a "htf do we fix this problem? We'll just make red alert break it". One ? is, and damned if I have time to test anything any more, will mortars break it? Mortars do put you in red alert, and if you don't have covert, they find you. So that's a bummer right there. But none the less. I'm serious about the invitation.

Oh, one more thing. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

The thing is, if I log into your mumble server, it will record my IP Address. After that, anyone with access to that server will have access to that information. Having my IP Address opens up a large number of doors for harassment. If it weren't for that concern I'd might consider it.

I have fought on your fleet's side in random matches before when I end up on them. However, I'm won't help when the match is a pug rolling festival or when your fleetmates use things I consider to be unfair. At the moment that means the -10 Damage resistance Biochemist duty officer, the DoT attack Security Officer, the Dyson Science Trait, Stasis Pistol + Mine Barrier, and Cryo Immobilizer Module.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.
    edited November 2013
    The thing is, if I log into your mumble server, it will record my IP Address. After that, anyone with access to that server will have access to that information. Having my IP Address opens up a large number of doors for harassment. If it weren't for that concern I'd might consider it.

I have fought on your fleet's side in random matches before when I end up on them. However, I'm won't help when the match is a pug rolling festival or when your fleetmates use things I consider to be unfair. At the moment that means the -10 Damage resistance Biochemist duty officer, the DoT attack Security Officer, the Dyson Science Trait, Stasis Pistol + Mine Barrier, and Cryo Immobilizer Module.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

So use a proxy.

I agree pug rolling is bad. But what seems like a roll may be experience against non experience. Never have we been "yo it's pugs let's get them!@#$TRIBBLE#@%#$%#". We've even reached out to some of them to see if they're interested in PvP or just the grind. If a NFL (let's leave Oakland out of that for a minute) team plays a high school team, it's going to be a stomp. But why do you only attack Hammer and not call out any other fleet? We agree that the Biochemist is broken. We go into a pvp against a premade, and they are using it. We take it off to be the better man? That just fuels the other premades ego. There is, allegedly, a fix coming down for the Biochemist. And we truly hope it does. If you tried to open up any type of communication with us instead of attacking us in zone constantly, you would understand. But whatever. And btw, unless you have a static IP, then reboot your modem, most likely it'll change. And some, if not most, ISP's randomly distribute new IP's at random intervals. But any excuse you want to use to not actually talk with us, is up to you.
    --
    edited November 2013
    So use a proxy.
    If you tried to open up any type of communication with us instead of attacking us in zone constantly, you would understand. But whatever. And btw, unless you have a static IP, then reboot your modem, most likely it'll change. And some, if not most, ISP's randomly distribute new IP's at random intervals. But any excuse you want to use to not actually talk with us, is up to you.
    It's not an excuse, it's a legitimate concern. I'm sorry you see it that way. There are so many negative things you can do to someone if you have their IP Address, even if they power cycle their modem, not going there.

As for talking to your fleet members, I do, I've had Satesh on my friend list since Hammer Squadron started PvPing on the ground. Yes, he's not in Hammer anymore, but I do talk to people within your fleet from time to time. As for "attacking" your fleet in zone chat, I call out everyone when they pull out buggy gear. I've even called -FS- on using the Biochemist. The difference is, if the opposing team agrees to leave the Biochemist home, they will leave their biochemists home. The same was true during the Cryo Pulsewave fiasco of Winter-Spring 2013. That's what I like about -FS-, they leave the dirty stuff off the table, unless someone on the other team pulls it out first.
    I agree pug rolling is bad. But what seems like a roll may be experience against non experience. Never have we been "yo it's pugs let's get them!@#$TRIBBLE#@%#$%#". We've even reached out to some of them to see if they're interested in PvP or just the grind. If a NFL (let's leave Oakland out of that for a minute) team plays a high school team, it's going to be a stomp. But why do you only attack Hammer and not call out any other fleet? We agree that the Biochemist is broken. We go into a pvp against a premade, and they are using it. We take it off to be the better man? That just fuels the other premades ego. There is, allegedly, a fix coming down for the Biochemist. And we truly hope it does.

You could always play with one player hanging back, but that would risk defeat. I asked one of your fleet a while back why you all hang back, he said that he didn't like dying. That seems to be a universal among all Veteran PvPers these days, they care about having high damage and high healing numbers while also having a 0 in the deaths column. I also notice a sudden shift in certain individual's playstyles after they have sustained more than 3 deaths. They stop staying in the fight, they spam fire and forget attacks, and they refuse to engage in direct combat. I'm starting to feel as if I'm the only ground PvPer left in the game that is willing to actually fight. There are a lot of us that are equal in skill, we are all going to die more than 5 times in an assault match, unless we are runners. There is so much enjoyment when fights are 2v2 in close quarters. Both sides fight to the very end, that is what ground PvP is all about.

There is more to Ground PvP than this stance here. That is a pure defensive choke point stance. When a team falls into that match, the match becomes unenjoyable. The obsession with never dying has driven your fleet into that stance constantly. The stance is designed to kill when the enemy attempts to breech the choke point, but this cannot be done due to the high tactical AoE and a constant refresh on mine barriers and cover shields. This leads to teams waiting for your fleet to come out of the bunker. I've been in matches where they have sat in that bunker for 2 hours, waiting for us to get impatient for an attack. The only fleet that manages to beat this tactic is -FS-, simply to their extreme amount of patience in waiting for ranged critical hit on expose strikes.

I'm of the opinion that equally skilled teams should face each other on equal terms. Arena is meant to be a deathmatch, it was never intended to be a defender vs attacker combat format. With the current state of ground maps, the defenders have massive advantages and the attackers have very limited chances for success.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's not an excuse, it's a legitimate concern. I'm sorry you see it that way. There are so many negative things you can do to someone if you have their IP Address, even if they power cycle their modem, not going there.

As for talking to your fleet members, I do, I've had Satesh on my friend list since Hammer Squadron started PvPing on the ground. Yes, he's not in Hammer anymore, but I do talk to people within your fleet from time to time. As for "attacking" your fleet in zone chat, I call out everyone when they pull out buggy gear. I've even called -FS- on using the Biochemist. The difference is, if the opposing team agrees to leave the Biochemist home, they will leave their biochemists home. The same was true during the Cryo Pulsewave fiasco of Winter-Spring 2013. That's what I like about -FS-, they leave the dirty stuff off the table, unless someone on the other team pulls it out first.

You could always play with one player hanging back, but that would risk defeat. I asked one of your fleet a while back why you all hang back, he said that he didn't like dying. That seems to be a universal among all Veteran PvPers these days, they care about having high damage and high healing numbers while also having a 0 in the deaths column. I also notice a sudden shift in certain individual's playstyles after they have sustained more than 3 deaths. They stop staying in the fight, they spam fire and forget attacks, and they refuse to engage in direct combat. I'm starting to feel as if I'm the only ground PvPer left in the game that is willing to actually fight. There are a lot of us that are equal in skill, we are all going to die more than 5 times in an assault match, unless we are runners. There is so much enjoyment when fights are 2v2 in close quarters. Both sides fight to the very end, that is what ground PvP is all about.

There is more to Ground PvP than this stance here. That is a pure defensive choke point stance. When a team falls into that match, the match becomes unenjoyable. The obsession with never dying has driven your fleet into that stance constantly. The stance is designed to kill when the enemy attempts to breech the choke point, but this cannot be done due to the high tactical AoE and a constant refresh on mine barriers and cover shields. This leads to teams waiting for your fleet to come out of the bunker. I've been in matches where they have sat in that bunker for 2 hours, waiting for us to get impatient for an attack. The only fleet that manages to beat this tactic is -FS-, simply to their extreme amount of patience in waiting for ranged critical hit on expose strikes.

I'm of the opinion that equally skilled teams should face each other on equal terms. Arena is meant to be a deathmatch, it was never intended to be a defender vs attacker combat format. With the current state of ground maps, the defenders have massive advantages and the attackers have very limited chances for success.

*scratches head*

Why not just make the exact same bunker in reverse? Thats what id do, a little trololol. Then we can sit watching netflix all day and eating sammiches while no one actually does anything?

Not that I know anything really about it, but reading that huge wall of text explaining it, thats what id do.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited November 2013

As for talking to your fleet members, I do, I've had Satesh on my friend list since Hammer Squadron started PvPing on the ground. Yes, he's not in Hammer anymore, but I do talk to people within your fleet from time to time. As for "attacking" your fleet in zone chat, I call out everyone when they pull out buggy gear. I've even called -FS- on using the Biochemist. .

The only person I know that you've actually talked to was Doc on a 1 on 1 and you got disconnected right as you were about to die from what I hear. But in zone you just complain and attack us. Considering Doc and I run the fleet, I have yet to see you actually approach us and see what is going on. Satesh unfortunately left for whatever personal reasons, and we wish the best for them. But I put the invitation out, and for whatever reasons you turned it down. But I'm sure I won't see you call out any other individuals or fleets in Zone, unless of course they have a Hammer Squadron tag over their toons. I tried. Oh well. Believe what you want.
    --
    edited November 2013
    *scratches head*

Why not just make the exact same bunker in reverse? Thats what id do, a little trololol. Then we can sit watching netflix all day and eating sammiches while no one actually does anything?

Not that I know anything really about it, but reading that huge wall of text explaining it, thats what id do.

When two teams bunker to bunker against each other, things get boring. Nobody dies and the match never progresses. I was in one such match, the only four hour match I've ever done, we won 30 to 29 and it was hell. Also true, I am guilty of creating an excessively large wall of text, I'll keep it short next time.
    The only person I know that you've actually talked to was Doc on a 1 on 1 and you got disconnected right as you were about to die from what I hear. But in zone you just complain and attack us. Considering Doc and I run the fleet, I have yet to see you actually approach us and see what is going on. Satesh unfortunately left for whatever personal reasons, and we wish the best for them. But I put the invitation out, and for whatever reasons you turned it down. But I'm sure I won't see you call out any other individuals or fleets in Zone, unless of course they have a Hammer Squadron tag over their toons. I tried. Oh well. Believe what you want.

Is that how he tells it? It was a good 16 minute 1v1 actually, medic vs enemy neutralization, naturally leaning his way due to enemy neutralization being the best anti-medic kit in the game. I got him close several times, but he finally killed me once with a 1.5k Critical Hit Flanking Transphasic Bomb while my shields were down. I took a crazy risk due to his how health rating and he took advantage of my mistake. The only thing I didn't enjoy was his use of Cryo Immobilizer module, the combat log I have saved lists 247 instances of the proc.

We went at it again for the second battle, but I started experiencing connection problems, so I fell back and told him my connection was failing. When I was finally able to reconnect 45 minutes later, I PMed him and told him I'd be happy to continue, but he was fine with calling it a match. When I fell back in the match to drop the message in zone chat, I was nowhere near low health or critically close to dying. I just can't fight in a PvP match with a 600 Ping with spikes into the 7000 range. It's not just something I made up either to avoid continuing, I live in a rural area and my ISP has been having hardware problems for the last few months. It's why I have been in very few matches these last few weeks, my connection is so poor right now I have a very limited window where the game is actually playable.

As far as talking to your fleetmates goes, I've talked to Bonez, Falk, and Simeon in the past. I also do call out others in zone chat when they use shady tactics and broken items. Just ask anyone I team with, I'll even tell people I team with to put items away. You may think I don't call other people out, but how would you know, you don't queue without your premades to find out that type of information.
    edited November 2013
    When two teams bunker to bunker against each other, things get boring. Nobody dies and the match never progresses. I was in one such match, the only four hour match I've ever done, we won 30 to 29 and it was hell. Also true, I am guilty of creating an excessively large wall of text, I'll keep it short next time.

I'll tell you the truth, it's not my favorite way to play either. But remember there are 2 teams on the map. We're not the only ones that bunker down. We also change our strategy, and when we bunker, we're doing it to try set it up so we can push. I've invited you to run with us, and you would know that then. But OMG HAX#$@%$#%#.

Is that how he tells it? It was a good 16 minute 1v1 actually, medic vs enemy neutralization, naturally leaning his way due to enemy neutralization being the best anti-medic kit in the game. I got him close several times, but he finally killed me once with a 1.5k Critical Hit Flanking Transphasic Bomb while my shields were down. I took a crazy risk due to his how health rating and he took advantage of my mistake. The only thing I didn't enjoy was his use of Cryo Immobilizer module, the combat log I have saved lists 247 instances of the proc.

We went at it again for the second battle, but I started experiencing connection problems, so I fell back and told him my connection was failing. When I was finally able to reconnect 45 minutes later, I PMed him and told him I'd be happy to continue, but he was fine with calling it a match. When I fell back in the match to drop the message in zone chat, I was nowhere near low health or critically close to dying. I just can't fight in a PvP match with a 600 Ping with spikes into the 7000 range. It's not just something I made up either to avoid continuing, I live in a rural area and my ISP has been having hardware problems for the last few months. It's why I have been in very few matches these last few weeks, my connection is so poor right now I have a very limited window where the game is actually playable.

Well, whatever, I wasn't in the match, just interesting how connection problems all of a sudden come up. As for Cryo Immobilizer. It doesn't proc as much as it used to. And w're NOT upset about that. But taking the higher ground in this game just fuels other people's ego. So we put it on. We don't like the way it locks everything out. Try having a conversation with us some time instead of crying and attacking us in zone. I told you we can give u access to a channel that we can all see so we can sit down and talk. We're not out to gank people. We're not out roll people. We want to have fun too. Unfortunately, with everything that is broken in this game, taking the higher ground just amounts to nothing. We're not upset about nerfs, and, I know you'll find this hard to believe, we actually agree with the majority of what you say about bugs in the game. But you don't want to take the time to actually talk with us and just want to believe we're evil so whatever.
    As far as talking to your fleetmates goes, I've talked to Bonez, Falk, and Simeon in the past. I also do call out others in zone chat when they use shady tactics and broken items. Just ask anyone I team with, I'll even tell people I team with to put items away. You may think I don't call other people out, but how would you know, you don't queue without your premades to find out that type of information.

I do queue alone, usually during the week in the mornings when I'm not in class or at work. I do run with a fleet. I will continue to run with my fleet. It is, after all, a MMO. Guilds are in MMO's for a reason. If we run 5 deep, we don't have to worry about griefers, afkers, or beamers in Arenas. Assaults, there's no way around it, so if at least my team is 5 deep we have a chance. I've explained my issues with pugmades. If somehow griefing can be stopped. If AFK and Beam out penalties are put in PvP queues, I'll pug more.

But, I've never seen you call your team out on it. If you do it in team chat, how can we tell that you're actually doing that? So I guess it's your word against ours.

So I'll start believing you call other fleets and players out when I see it in zone. If we end up on someone's spawn in an arena, I will put it in Zone chat for my team to come off their spawn, or if it's a random spawn, I will put it in zone chat to fall back,so EVERYONE knows that we're not meaning it. But I never see you call out other players, that may not run as fleets, but are premades, or just pug and end up together because a 5 man team is on the other side. So it is what it is.

But again, I've invited you to run with us, you turned it down. It doesn't matter. Call everyone out, or stop crying. There are some fleets that ALL run the Omega gun. Which does proc alot. Never a word said to them.
    --
    edited November 2013
    I'll tell you the truth, it's not my favorite way to play either. But remember there are 2 teams on the map. We're not the only ones that bunker down. We also change our strategy, and when we bunker, we're doing it to try set it up so we can push. I've invited you to run with us, and you would know that then. But OMG HAX#$@%$#%#.
    If you want to team with me ingame, sure, toss me an invite my way sometime when I have a stable connection. I'd be up for a private match. Though I know exactly how your fleet plays and I know exactly how they fight. I was PvPing in Ground combat long before Hammer Squadron even set foot in the ground queues. Your fleet invented the bunkering maneuver, it was a brilliant strategy, but now it's overused and honestly not very interesting.

I don't have a problem with most of your fleet. What I do have a problem with is when you fleet uses broken items. When I encounter such a use, I typically say something along the lines of "Come on item XYZ is broken, it's doing ABC action, which is not intended." To which I typically get a reply of "Well, Fleet LMNOP is using item XYZ, so until it gets fixed we will too." If I type the same thing when fighting a -FS- premade, to which I typically get a reply of "Ok, we will put it away if your team agrees to do the same."
    As for Cryo Immobilizer. It doesn't proc as much as it used to. And w're NOT upset about that. But taking the higher ground in this game just fuels other people's ego. So we put it on. We don't like the way it locks everything out. Try having a conversation with us some time instead of crying and attacking us in zone. I told you we can give u access to a channel that we can all see so we can sit down and talk. We're not out to gank people. We're not out roll people. We want to have fun too. Unfortunately, with everything that is broken in this game, taking the higher ground just amounts to nothing. We're not upset about nerfs, and, I know you'll find this hard to believe, we actually agree with the majority of what you say about bugs in the game. But you don't want to take the time to actually talk with us and just want to believe we're evil so whatever.

If you want to talk, I'm always happy to do so ingame. If it must be though voice chat, I'm happy to do so in my main fleet's chat server. You can take the higher ground, I do it all the time. Take pride in winning without resorting to stuff that isn't working correctly.
    But, I've never seen you call your team out on it. If you do it in team chat, how can we tell that you're actually doing that? So I guess it's your word against ours.

So I'll start believing you call other fleets and players out when I see it in zone. If we end up on someone's spawn in an arena, I will put it in Zone chat for my team to come off their spawn, or if it's a random spawn, I will put it in zone chat to fall back,so EVERYONE knows that we're not meaning it. But I never see you call out other players, that may not run as fleets, but are premades, or just pug and end up together because a 5 man team is on the other side. So it is what it is.
    If you think I don't call out everyone for abusing bugs, just ask Brew. I used to team with him, but when he started playing with broken stuff, I called him on it every time I saw him do it with me on his team or when I fought him. Or ask Crimson of FES about the time I refused to help his pugmade fight when his team was exploiting the fire while cloaked bug on the Elachi Pistol when that was a thing.
    But again, I've invited you to run with us, you turned it down. It doesn't matter. Call everyone out, or stop crying. There are some fleets that ALL run the Omega gun. Which does proc alot. Never a word said to them.
    I do call everyone out as I see it. The Omega gun isn't broken at the moment by the way, it respects willpower as well as cleanses. It's only a problem if you also stack on Cryo Immobilizer module x5 with the gun.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I say we select a teamspeak server at random and debate on said server...

as your pvp guru.. I have selected.... the Italian "Banana server" teamspeak channel.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • lordcuttersladelordcutterslade Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was PvPing in Ground combat long before Hammer Squadron even set foot in the ground queues. Your fleet invented the bunkering maneuver, it was a brilliant strategy, but now it's overused and honestly not very interesting.

CHC (Centurion High Council) invented the bunkering maneuver :D
    all they did was run to a specific place on the map and bunker lol....
    some guys copy it these days...
    adding some kit switching made it strong...but now that's gone!!
    was always fun to break the bunker back in the good old days
    [SIGPIC]Everything is awesome![/SIGPIC]