Options

Thoughts on ground PvP, ground PvP fleets, etc by Mcduffie

Comments

• Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Does this help?

Systems:

Buffs granted by Duty Officers proc powers no longer persist when the triggering power is unequipped.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    :D:D

/10char
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Does this help?

Systems:

Buffs granted by Duty Officers proc powers no longer persist when the triggering power is unequipped.

Two down, one to go. All we need fixed now is kit swapping to reduce kit cooldowns. (For example, use ambush, switch kit, instantly use ambush again, switch kits, etc.)
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I disagree.

I wouldn't expect you to agree.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I disagree.
    I wouldn't expect you to agree.

The verbal jousting in this thread is simply thrilling.

My mammary papilla are all of a quiver!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just for reference, FES has a finished Embasy and nearly finished Dilithium Dump and Starbaby, and I never once had trouble finding people to run PvE content with, even when I was a noob and needed to be completely carried through everything. They got me all my special accolades and everything, ground and space. As far as I'm aware, most of the other major ground fleets are more or less the same in this regard. (After all, you have to grind up your noobs before you can teach them epic haxx.) I'm pretty sure we held the record times for all the ground stfs at one point, too, although somebody's probably beaten us since various patches allowed for different tactics. Then again, we're an ERP & Epohh Collection fleet not a pvp fleet so I guess we don't count, although I hear some people still do PvP on occasion. When we aren't too busy RPing with our Epohhs.
  • Options
    dablackhawk1dablackhawk1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well sad that you feel that way about pvp and that honstly most of us will disagree with you do to we have our groups and you have nobody thow i hope you like all them cheese bergers that mc d have that are horable to eat and havent been there since i was a kid and most likely you like to go play with the little kids in there play land that most of them have.:D
  • Options
    lordcuttersladelordcutterslade Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Indeed:cool:
    awsome job NULonu and tira for getting the devs' attention and paving the way for a fix!

a not so serious question:

"Increased the energy credit value of Mk X, XI and XII ground gear.
    Mk X gear had its energy credit value multiplied by 2.
    Mk XI gear had its energy credit value multiplied by 4.
    Mk XII gear had its energy credit value multiplied by 5."

does this include kits as well?
    the guys with 30 kits in their inventory are gonna make a fortune now :(

(lol)
    [SIGPIC]Everything is awesome![/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Eh... Mk X purple kits are better off being sold on the Exchange still. Anything less than that can be bought from a vendor.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    zorena#3961 zorena Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You should join a fleet that helps you get off the ground.

sort of, as they say
    Noone.
  • Options
    aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    1 - extremely small, inactive community and underdeveloped fleet holdings due to this
    So? My fleet has 5 members and we are all friends. I am quite happy there. Thanks to the NoP Public Service you only need T1 in your holdings. Still we have reached T3 by now and who knows, maybe one day our starbase will be T5.
    2 - quality of player personalities and low chances of forming lasting friendships
    Since you are/have been part of this community you are insulting yourself. Also while I do not know the ground pvp players I kind of doubt your assessment. If you had trouble finding friends you were probably in the wrong fleet, I will give you that. But that only tells us that your and their personalities were not compatible.
    3 - inactive community leads to little or no help in pve objectives
    You need help in pve? Is there something that can not be completed with just queuing? Well maybe ground elite optionals. But ground should be no problem for the ground people. I think you will find more help there than from the space guys.
    Also there are lots of channels around to get players you do not even need a fleet for that.
    We all know what time it is. So, let the flaming begin.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. That is the real point of this thread, right? Glad that I was able to help in a small way.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • Options
    mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    aetam1 wrote: »
    So? My fleet has 5 members and we are all friends. I am quite happy there. Thanks to the NoP Public Service you only need T1 in your holdings. Still we have reached T3 by now and who knows, maybe one day our starbase will be T5.

One of the points I was trying to make is just this. The small player base and underdeveloped fleet holdings make it hard to grow in game.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One of the points I was trying to make is just this. The small player base and underdeveloped fleet holdings make it hard to grow in game.

Maybe the fault lies within you.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Maybe the fault lies within you.

That makes no sense. And, this thread has also demonstrated that in ground pvp fleets there is a lack of maturity and ability to conversate in a civil manner. All I see is finger pointing, name calling, trolling, and no logical rebuttals.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That makes no sense.

You must seek out change.

This video explains all.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    You must seek out change.

This video explains all.

That is my video. I'm glad to see you watched it and hope that you learned something. I do not see how you can troll me with a emotional retrospective I posted online for the world to see. I am obviously not ashamed of it.
    I do not understand why Hammer is taking this thread so personally. I never mentioned fleet names. You are only helping to prove my case by continuing to attack, insult, and troll my thread. If I was your fleet leader I would advise you to stop before you do more damage to the integrity and reputation of your fleet on this very public forum.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Sorry I don't get it. With T1 you can get provisions, thats enough to by anything expect ships if you get an invite. And sometimes people even offer ships in the public service channel.

Underdeveloped fleet holdings have no influence on the growth of you char. And T1 would even be reachable solo (granted that would take some time). Or are you missing the bragging rights that your base is not T5?

Honestly I am proud of the T3 base my little fleet built. There is nothing wrong with a small fleet. I honestly prefer it to a big one.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Sorry I don't get it. With T1 you can get provisions, thats enough to by anything expect ships if you get an invite. And sometimes people even offer ships in the public service channel.

You can not rely on the charity of the Public Service channel.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    You can not rely on the charity of the Public Service channel.

Actually you can. At least until now it worked perfectly. That might change in the future but until now I have used their services with 11 chars, since my fleet does not even have elite fleet shields.

Besides unless you hold the highest rank in your fleet you are always relying on others anyway. What if someone kicks you from your fleet? Takes away your provisions? Unless you own a T5 fleet you are always dependent on someone. And once you bought an item you have it. A starbase is nothing you have to visit regularly.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    A starbase is nothing you have to visit regularly.

It is there when I need it, and that is what is important to me.
  • Options
    mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Also, ground players attitudes can be extremely volatile as you can clearly see by the posts from Hammer in my thread.
    1 - extremely small, inactive community and underdeveloped fleet holdings due to this
    2 - quality of player personalities and low chances of forming lasting friendships
    3 - inactive community leads to little or no help in pve objectives

While im NOT surprised that you post this after your experience with certain fleets on ground, i wonder a bit why you act surprised, would you have researched the ground scene a bit more before choosing a fleet there im sure you would have known what to expect before joining those guys.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    mikiiy wrote: »
    While im NOT surprised that you post this after your experience with certain fleets on ground, i wonder a bit why you act surprised, would you have researched the ground scene a bit more before choosing a fleet there im sure you would have known what to expect before joining those guys.

I had great hope as I always have and still do for ground combat. I was very exited at the possibility of growing as a community, having fun,and leading the way into uncharted territories and what not. I was even involved in the formation of a ground fleet but saw it was going to go nowhere very quickly. I realize now that it was all a mistake.
  • Options
    mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had great hope as I always have and still do for ground combat. I was very exited at the possibility of growing as a community, having fun,and leading the way into uncharted territories and what not.

Growing something thats already pretty sick isn't a good idea tho.

The "ground community" (if there even is such a thing) is pretty much split between those that take extreme advantage of certain bugs and try to promote em as the way to play (i.e. cloak-nading/distancing, kit-switching, armor-switching, hiding engineer toys in walls etc..) and the others that try to get those things fixed to make the game once again more intuitively/newbie friendly and fun to play.

Once the bugs are fixed and the fun returns maybe the community has a chance to heal and grow. Ground combat itself is very much fun and always was, the problems are rather the amount of bugs that have been stacking up by now, the developers do however try to get em fixed as we can see by the progress on tribble.
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had great hope as I always have and still do for ground combat. I was very exited at the possibility of growing as a community, having fun,and leading the way into uncharted territories and what not. I was even involved in the formation of a ground fleet but saw it was going to go nowhere very quickly. I realize now that it was all a mistake.

Well I would to say I know your fleet is a good fleet but I don't know that. All i do know is what I see. I also don't assume to know you or the people in your fleet or how they are in real life. So please don't go judging another unless you have talked to them personally. I wish FES, FS, 1.Gemany, Tip of the Spear and Hammer would all grow up and reliaze that the player of the other side are not the bad guys that everyone is lead to believe. I have heard nasty rumors about every fleet in the the ground and until I see or hear them for myself iam not going to judge you. I could go on about the rumors I have heard about multiple fleets, but I do not. The reason they are only rumors and until I experience them for myself that is all they are going to be.

This community needs to get over themselves and come together in a friendly competitive rivalry. This I hate your fleet or my fleet is better attitude has to stop. Anyone of us can bring up a screen shots of beating the other and call each other out on using some bug. Until we get over this we are not going to better the game or the community. Think about it if the five or six big PvP fleets came together and bug tested and suggested change what could happen. We might get more than three arena maps and a shanty.

As far as Hammer is concerned we tried to be nice to Akurie and Biggles. We made some mistakes but everyone does. These relationships were not meant to be. Do we wish either of them harm, no we do not. We let them go and it might be best for all parties. We also wish the best for all of them. We have dirty laundry on most people that have been on our mumble server, we could share but we take the high road and don't.

It is time to grow up ladies and gentlemen and quit calling each other out on BS reason. It is time to fix this and fixes some of the bugs in the game to make it fair for all to play.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    What are ex you trying to show us?

Your worst nightmare o.o I'm being trained in space pvp >:O
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    -Looks at screenshot-
    -Notices three photon torpedo consoles on a ship with 5 phaser weapons, 2 projectile weapons, and 1 cutting beam-
    -Notices three neutronium consoles stacked up in the engineering section-
    -Stares off into space, puzzled-
    -Shrugs-
    -Walks away quietly-
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    edited November 2013

You are not scarring me with that build, but good hunting.
    320x240.jpg