What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Post your worst STF experiance

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That is an unfortunate effect of these "Super ships".
    Had an interesting KASE the other day with 3 rainbow cruisers BFAW.
    I had to suppress the urge to cloak and let them struggle on their own.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Had an 'interesting' one yesterday, where some idiot in a Rainbow-beam Scimitar apparently thought that the best strategy for dealing with pretty much everything was to simply sit on top of it and shoot. No movement, no buffs - he just sat that making pretty colours with his beams, that actually did very little damage. other than exploding at the Borg spheres. His secondary 'strategy' seemed to be to charge his Thalaron generator, and then explode before it fired. I guess this IS actually fairly useful, since it leaves a massive Thalaron TRIBBLE-cloud hanging about.

Still - not looking forward to later, when the Avenger class hits the Shipyard. I have NO dobut whatsoever that there will be numerous players who have read little or nothing about what they threw their money at and will take their new, shiny, (but badly set-up) ship into an STF and then cry about it not being as 'I win' as they expected it to be.
    Always the same.

I used to be like that. The former, not the crying about a ship not being the "I win" button. Took me awhile (and showing off my layout) to get me to realize that I was doing it all wrong. Now, I got some damage going on.

On-topic, I had one match spectacularly collapse on me before we could even kill the transformers. As usual, someone aggros the Spheres and causes them to keep spawning and spawning, leading to the entire team bailing by the time we get to the second transformer. Bad thing about this? This was on NORMAL.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm going to make my avenger a rainbow boat, anyone who whispers me I'm playing wrong will get a parsing of me outdoing them.

It will be epic
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    I'm going to make my avenger a rainbow boat, anyone who whispers me I'm playing wrong will get a parsing of me outdoing them.

It will be epic

Challenge accepted >=]

Can I bring mine?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    lordlalolordlalo Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Grab a beer, you'll need it. This is something that caused me to stop playing STO for over a month.

CONDUIT -- Elite:
    We begin the mission (myself and another fleet member I'm introducing to eSTFs), and immediately someone has a rainbow boat with so much ship damage, the icons stretched off the box.

It gets better. Two of the people in the group were afkers and just sat there. So here I am now with a level 50 fleet newbie to eSTFs (he had experience in regular STFs to see how the mission scripts work), two AFKers and a guy in a rainbow boat that doesn't even know there is an ESD to fix his ship -- so I thought.

We kill the cube, the spheres, and immediately break left and just think this guy is helpless and unable to do anything.

As we are done with the first cube and get all the gens to 10%, we see we get an optional failure. "WTF", I think, and look over, and the rainbow boat, went right, and killed a generator on his own.

He then, in group says, "LUL!" and leaves. Myself and this fleet member is now having to take on not just our side of spheres, but the other side that this obvious troll just triggered.

I'm the type of person where I just don't like having any emotion but enjoyment when playing a video game and this taught me that this was not a possible achievement in STO. I quit the game for over a month because of this, I couldn't understand how PWE could have a system in place that not only allows this behavior, but promotes it.
    Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Have the borg been buffed? My Engi in his standard sovie used to be able to deal with the probes and spheres that come through the gate 98% of the time on his own on khitomer (I think that's the one, it's the one with the generator either side of the transwarp gate) normal but last night, both in that and the one with the Kang, I was barely making a dent in the Borg forces. I don't think it was anything done to my ship as he was plowing through Cardies on the two dailies as easy as normal.

Also, tried Hive space for the first time the other day. My word, I was just exploding everywhere in my defiant retrofit. It was a massacre! Even when I stayed beside the Queen for the two unimatrix ships.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Okay I got one:

Couple of days ago, a fellow fleet member and I are leveling a couple of new toons. We were sick of missions so we decided to join a Fleet Alert. (one of like 5 PVE available for captains).

We warp into the mission, and the first comment from the Avenger "Oh great, I am going to have to carry this team."

I asked what he meant by that, he mentioned that there was a couple of low ranked newbies playing.

Now, both my buddy and I have highest setups possible for our rank, and I was carrying a Scim fleet reinforcement (got to burn off all those ops assets).

Game starts, I bring out my Scim reinforcement to assist and we kill the first wave no problem, the avenger dies.

I make an off handed(Sarcastic) comment about we should have joined a eSTF instead. I get ignored.

We finish the Fleet Alert in record time, neither my buddy or myself die the whole time. The Avenger dude died 3 times. We checked the DPS log, my buddy had the highest DPS in the match.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not sure on the count of the Borg having been buffed defensively, but I, and others, have experienced an increase in their shield drain ability, usually using (but not limited to) tachyon beam.

As for HOSE - as per the last post I submitted, it's a mess. Of course, there are some PvE heroes who'll just shout at anyone who says this, saying that we're 'doing it wrong' but the fact remains that, as per your experience and the instance I outlined in my last post, tactics that are supposed to provide a measure of 'safety' in HOSE (staying next to the Queen or being underneath the Unimatrix ships) simply don't work.

What makes matters worse is the fact that evidence suggests that the bug that causes the Borg Unimatrix ships to be able to one-hit KO you from just about anywhere doesn't seem to trigger immediately, meaning that the team has a short window in which to kill them. But it is a short window, and most PuG's can't do it - a fact that the PvE heroes, who like to spout off about how everyone must be doing it wrong beccuase THEY did it okay, don't seem to be able to grasp.

I noticed the increased shield drain, but that's ok, as it is something the Borg were meant to do in show (I only ever play normal, I guess it's even worse on Elite) and I've got enough defensive powers rigged that my ship can recover shilds drains fairly decent.

But at least it wasn't just me following the 'safe orders' of going by the queen and under teh guns that made me explode so much. I was in my squishier defiant, who seemed to explode without loosing all it's shields. I may give it another try in my sovie, just to see what happens and ignore the 'stand by the queen' advice if it's borked.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    satanailofhwbgsatanailofhwbg Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not sure on the count of the Borg having been buffed defensively, but I, and others, have experienced an increase in their shield drain ability, usually using (but not limited to) tachyon beam.

As for HOSE - as per the last post I submitted, it's a mess. Of course, there are some PvE heroes who'll just shout at anyone who says this, saying that we're 'doing it wrong' but the fact remains that, as per your experience and the instance I outlined in my last post, tactics that are supposed to provide a measure of 'safety' in HOSE (staying next to the Queen or being underneath the Unimatrix ships) simply don't work.

What makes matters worse is the fact that evidence suggests that the bug that causes the Borg Unimatrix ships to be able to one-hit KO you from just about anywhere doesn't seem to trigger immediately, meaning that the team has a short window in which to kill them. But it is a short window, and most PuG's can't do it - a fact that the PvE heroes, who like to spout off about how everyone must be doing it wrong beccuase THEY did it okay, don't seem to be able to grasp.

Now HSE is kind of OK compared to what it used to be, but still it's something I don't usually PuG. In fleet runs, we do it regularly atm, but still, I'm switching to a PvP setup for it and if I die just once or twice, all is good.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    HSE is broken, and I don't see it being fixed any time soon.

But it makes for funny stories. :D
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Certainly does! Especially when you wind up with at least one person in the team who doesn't learn from their mistake(s)!

I read the story of someone a month or so ago who went into HSE after its 'fix'. They had a fleet Galaxy, tankiest ship of them all. They find out it's still broken, and after taking a unimatrix lance, limp off with 1% hull to bail from the broken mess.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    shongkuishongkui Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Humm paying for a Lifetime Sub, Taking a small break coming back to find a Full PWipe and the Games F2P - With 0 bonus for us suckers that paid for Lifetime Subs.
  • Options
    originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My buddy and I went into a pug KASE in order to play Probe Football where you use various powers to push probes from the gates through the vortex as fast as possible. The person who pushes 6 or more probes through first wins.

Some guy must have played before, because he decided to play goalie and was really good, we weren't even able to get a single probe through cause he killed them all.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Also, maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never found HSE to be broken. People don't seem to understand the instructions though.

You are never supposed to live through the lance, you are supposed to go where it can't shoot you.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I feel fortunate to never have run into really bad STFs. Failed optionals? So ****ing what? I just queue up again and get more dil and loot. Bad Borg invasions where everybody just blasts random ****, no coordination, are more common. Fortunately I've gotten good enough with my Fleet Avenger I can carry a group with three Mirandas if they pay attention to their chat window.

Instead, leecher in Azure Nebula Rescue. TRIBBLE just sat at the spawn point the whole match Needing everything.

I yelled at him twice to start moving, then told everyone to report him, sent mine in, and went back to blasting things. Another guy on the team mentioned later he was a repeat offender.

Hey, here's a penalty for leechers: If you spend more than half the mission doing nothing but needing things, the other players' IFF recategorizes you as a hostile target, but yours still thinks they're friendlies.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    You haven't read the preceeding posts. In the bugged instances there isn't anywhere it can't shoot at you.

I did read the preceeding posts. I've never even seen someone get lanced when they are in position. Honestly, I think 95% of people who complain just ignore/misunderstand the instructions and blame it on bugs.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    HSE is broken, and I don't see it being fixed any time soon.

But it makes for funny stories. :D

I just ran an HSE that went well. Optional and all. Maybe it got fixed in a recent patch?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    originpi wrote: »
    My buddy and I went into a pug KASE in order to play Probe Football where you use various powers to push probes from the gates through the vortex as fast as possible. The person who pushes 6 or more probes through first wins.

Some guy must have played before, because he decided to play goalie and was really good, we weren't even able to get a single probe through cause he killed them all.

oo sounds fun :)....*gets some fleet mates and we start a game hehehe*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just had an ISE that was really, really sad.

Right off the bat, one of my team mates dies to the first cube. He was in a fleet Avenger too lol. Okay no problem, maybe he isn't used to his ship yet or something. Get to the first transformer. Guy in a pegh'qu destroyer blows up when the two spheres that come after you pop the nodes show up. Hmm okay I guess, I've been caught off guard when I was being lazy sometimes. Down the transformer and start working on the spheres.

Noticing that things are going way too slow so now I'm looking at my other team mates to see what's going on. All 4 of them have a bar full of injuries. All of them. The lowest amount of injuries was 5. One of them had at least 20. That's not an exaggeration. I was on a team with 4 broken ships. Omg why.

Somehow though I was able to pull it together long enough to get the optional with less than a minute left on the clock. I thought about bailing because omg fix ur shipz u nubz, but then I thought maybe I'll just see how far I could get more or less on my own at that point.

Not sure if I got a team full of newbies or what. I mean I've had teams before that have had that one dude with like 40 injuries, but I've never before had a full team of them. It was actually sad at that. :(
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    >_>

K this is more of a joke post, lighthearted...

But join an ISE in PublicEliteSTF

End up in a IGN

Fail optional on 9/10

feels batman

So staying in space.
    Gold.jpg
  • Options
    freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And just had ANOTHER instance of HOSE where I was double lanced from both under the ships AND next to the Borg Queen. Also lanced from 16.7m away. It's broken and no-one can tell me otherwise.

Sadly it's not. Once you have been tageted for even a millisecond you can be lanced. It doesn't matter if you are near the queen or not.
    If you can get to the queen, while under full impulse (that meaning not entering red alert) and then position yourself right next to the queen, you won't be targeted. ... then there would only be the problem of that massive torp spread the two ships will unleash upon you afterwards ...
    The best tactic is to kill one unimatrix ship before the cutscene usually ends and then attack the next one.
  • Options
    xathanael#5083 xathanael Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Whats with all the idiots in ESTF's lately?

Pug'ing is understandable...sometimes, but I can't even get a pre-made from the Elite Channels without one or two people that don't follow directions or are constantly sitting in Respawn Hell.

Anyone else noticing this lately?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Today in vortex elite i had the pleasure of dealing with a scimitar with push probes towards the vortex.

During the donatra you usually can void her beam of death, unless someone pushes her away...

Lots and lots of fun. sigh
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    satanailofhwbgsatanailofhwbg Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Very much so. Though I generally always PuG.

The 10% rule, for example, seemingly went out of the airlock quite a while ago and I haven't seen in observed in heaven-knows how long. Fortunatley, in MOST cases, it doesn't really matter as power-creep has resulted in even average ability teams being able to destroy the generator before the nanitie spheres get in range.

Quite true. I have a FMVAE that I hadn't flown it a very, very long time. My science captain did around 8k DPS then (Jan-Feb 2013). I took it out for a spin the other day and parsed the result. I was astonished when I saw close to 11k DPS in the parser. And it was with a CRF setup, not my usual CSV.
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I had a pretty bad experience (also, I just noticed that the title of the thread says experiance):

so, I set up a new build, I skill every boff up, and go into CSE. after a cycle or two I see that the timers are all wonky. I check, and for whatever reason my skillpoints were not allocated O.o (now I know there is a bug, where you have to wait before you can accept the skillpoints, but I did wait it out, and I did accept it).

no problem, out of battle, TRIBBLE up my combatlog for the test, skilling up again. back to the fight, when someone writes on me if I wanna nws farm. while replying I manage to turn off, and mess up my combatlog even further. quickly turn it back on, and I just notice a damned heavy torp coming my way, as I forgot to set my pets on intercept (I was in a CRF build, and I usually run with CC builds). so I died, making my combatlog totally useless.

so yeah, it was my worst experience, I wasted 4 minutes on a totally useless dps test ^^

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not sure how he managed that, but nonethless, he was top, I was the lowest DPS producer, but then considering I spent quite a bit of time healing, I wasn't very surprised by that.
    most likely the same way pretty much everyone parsing ISE manages so-called 'High DPS' numbers - spamming FAW all over the place racks up the numbers, even if you're doing bugger all as far as effective damage goes

of course, that would only apply if he actually WAS using FAW...if not, i'm not sure how else he might've managed it
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    iplaystarwarsiplaystarwars Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like loading a rainbow build, with all directed energy consoles, show people how it's done. If you gotta rainbow, taste the rainbow, u gotta do it yourself.

what is this rainbow beam you guys speak of? :confused:
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what is this rainbow beam you guys speak of? :confused:

A rainbow/skittles boat is when you equip different energy types to a ship causing an array of different colours. Rainbow is for beams(steady flow of energy, skittles is for cannons.(little bursts)

You would use the +all beam damage or +all cannon damage consoles which are far inferior to specific energy types
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    iplaystarwarsiplaystarwars Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    A rainbow/skittles boat is when you equip different energy types to a ship causing an array of different colours. Rainbow is for beams(steady flow of energy, skittles is for cannons.(little bursts)

You would use the +all beam damage or +all cannon damage consoles which are far inferior to specific energy types

ok cool, thanks