test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CLRs

So i have both the CLRs on my computer, the problem is that they only work propperly between the hours of approx 2am to 2pm UK time, sometimes they wont create a log at all other times the logs dont make sence. Its not like it prim play time over here and its been going on since before the holidays so is it Cryptic's Servers, ISP, or is it just wake up USA time overload. I also get alot of delay & sometimes lag when the CLRs dont work. So all you computer wiz kids help a 62 year old understand whats going on.

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    Combat Log Readers are made by the DPS channel members not Cryptic, and they do not connect to Cryptic servers. They read log files that are stored on your computer's hard drive by the STO client program.

You might run the CLR program and check its menu for help / about / go to website options to get help from the program authors.
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    yeah but even the combat log in chat wont work. im doing damage but no dps,,,,,??????
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    If you're doing damage, you're doing damage per second. (It's just a statistic.) That it's not being recorded in that log (apparently) changes nothing about the way the game plays as long as pew-pew-pew => satisfying explosions of enemies. (I'm forced to infer that the numbers in parentheses in the combat log are somehow interesting because I almost never look there. I don't know why they'd go missing--but then I don't know why they're present in the first place. I've gone years without looking at that tab and the game just plays the same regardless.)

If you think it's a defect then log a bug report. For all I know it could be happening for 12 hours a day. As @davefenestrator says, though, the other CLRs have nothing to do with Cryptic at all and just parse logs.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    If you're doing damage, you're doing damage per second. (It's just a statistic.) That it's not being recorded in that log (apparently) changes nothing about the way the game plays as long as pew-pew-pew => satisfying explosions of enemies. (I'm forced to infer that the numbers in parentheses in the combat log are somehow interesting because I almost never look there. I don't know why they'd go missing--but then I don't know why they're present in the first place. I've gone years without looking at that tab and the game just plays the same regardless.)

If you think it's a defect then log a bug report. For all I know it could be happening for 12 hours a day. As @davefenestrator says, though, the other CLRs have nothing to do with Cryptic at all and just parse logs.

You do TRIBBLE damage then (xyw) but (xyw) is missing half the time, so as far as i can tell (im not that tec minded) not all the files are being recorded/stored so they cant be read by the clr's. When this happens pew-pew-pew takes alot longer than normal and i die more often.
    I had this problem before quite awhile ago, think it was something to do with the servers as all the dps mob were moaning.
    Bug report lol it dont work for me.
    Thanx anyway.

• Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    you can find help here i think

http://stodps.com/

click find an admin and pm ingame or visit teamsepak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I think I understand. It's lag.

When I'm lagged out badly my weapons don't shoot, and the incoming damage arrives in massive bursts, rather than a steady flow which I have time to counter, so I go BOOM more often.
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    any perception that you are taking longer to kill stuff without it is entirely in your mind and is not real.

Unless he's having lag problems, as I suggested above.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Whew! For a minute I thought this Thread was going to be an add about the Calcium, Lime, and Rust removal liquid. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Another log that could work better:

http://sto-dps.tk/​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    http://sto-dps.tk/​​
    The guy's complaining about lag and clearly has network issues and you suggest a Cloud-based solution? eyesup.gif

screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    You both:
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    storules wrote: »
    http://sto-dps.tk/
    The guy's complaining about lag and clearly has network issues and you suggest a Cloud-based solution? eyesup.gif

deokkent wrote: »
    Actually, it was found out the game lags a little bit to write combat activity into the log which affects CLR program.

Cant be right...you know dino1-18.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Sure we can:
    • From the OP's description of the issue, he is clearly having network issues for at least some part of the day.
    • OP didn't say he had lag due to local disk access, but if he does that is a local hardware issue, regardless of CLR used or not.
    You seem to think these two issues are mutually exclusive. They are not.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    after 3 weeks of this problem back to normal now, clr's working all the time, no clicking 2-3 times to get anything to work & DPS back to normal, fingers X it stay's like this....thanx all.