test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stipends (5/9/13 Update and Information Regarding Extra Stipends Received)

Comments

• Options
    karadan3karadan3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I purchased 1500 zen using dilithium and then missed out on 3 months stippend since then i have not purchased any zen and my stippend has returned.
  • Options
    section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was away from the game due to a computer crash. So I know I was unable to spend Zen. Yet Cryptic is adamant I was overpaid. The July stipend arrived but they still owe me. I am still having a hard time understanding how a product that has no monetary value has to be regulated. There is no ledger or evidence of overpayment... I was wanting to buy another ship so I would have needed to save Zen not spend it. My account is still short 1500 Zen. Cryptic needs to do the right thing by the subscribers.

Guess HELL will freeze first....
  • Options
    alexstoryalexstory Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After 864 days of paying as a gold member for STO, and playing since BETA, My time has now come to a close. I have been rudely brushed off twice by PWE "customer service". I have not received my monthly ZEN stipend for at least 2 months. I even sat on hold trying to get a live person by calling PWE billing support for an hour today. Each time I would wait on hold for around 4 minutes, then be asked to call back by the automated system, and hung up on.

AX
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I too have just been told I also was over paid in April. They even give dates this supposedly occurred. But I do not have the Zen in my account and i have replied to have the tell me what I either spent it on or where it went.

Strange how the one time frame I decided to purchase Zen, separate from stipends, is the same time they claim they over paid me. I know what I paid for and what I bought from the zen store. I am still missing Zen.

Funny how their research can come up with an over payment date. They can't or won't show why I don't have it in my account or at least what it was spent on if it is my accounting error.

PWE word that they paid us is not good enough. A full accounting history is needed.

Can you dispute your stipend purchase if you used a credit card? If you didn't receive what you bought then let the customer dispute process work itself out.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    alexstory wrote: »
    After 864 days of paying as a gold member for STO, and playing since BETA, My time has now come to a close. I have been rudely brushed off twice by PWE "customer service". I have not received my monthly ZEN stipend for at least 2 months. I even sat on hold trying to get a live person by calling PWE billing support for an hour today. Each time I would wait on hold for around 4 minutes, then be asked to call back by the automated system, and hung up on.

AX

With all the dilithium options and less to get in the cstore I am not sure you are going to lose anything going silver. If future major releases are going to be bought by cash an not Zen like the LOR packs then definitely I would say keep your money for instances you want to buy something. That way you exercise more control over your account.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can you dispute your stipend purchase if you used a credit card? If you didn't receive what you bought then let the customer dispute process work itself out.

Yes you can, but your account will be permabanned by the powers that be if you do that. I don't recommend it if you actually want to play the game. This has already happened to a number of people both about this issue and other issues.
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Okay, according to the site, my Lifetime Subscription has been active for 61 days now and I still haven't received my 500 ZEN. Am I supposed to get it every 30 days or does my subscription take into account some months that are 31 days? I'm just wondering in case I'm supposed to get it after 62 or 63 days, or should I just write up a Support Ticket?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just recieved my stipend earlier this afternoon on the date this post was made.
  • Options
    graemorhomegraemorhome Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ak255 wrote: »
    Okay, according to the site, my Lifetime Subscription has been active for 61 days now and I still haven't received my 500 ZEN. Am I supposed to get it every 30 days or does my subscription take into account some months that are 31 days? I'm just wondering in case I'm supposed to get it after 62 or 63 days, or should I just write up a Support Ticket?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just recieved my stipend earlier this afternoon on the date this post was made.
    Similar situation here. I have yet to receive any stipend after purchasing my lifetime membership well over a month ago. I am wondering if the stipend goes directly to my STO account, or if it first appears in my PWE "wallet", which then must be transferred. Either way, I've received no stipend.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Similar situation here. I have yet to receive any stipend after purchasing my lifetime membership well over a month ago. I am wondering if the stipend goes directly to my STO account, or if it first appears in my PWE "wallet", which then must be transferred. Either way, I've received no stipend.

Not sure on why you've not received it, but just so you know it does indeed go straight to the STO account. Sadly a lot of us seem to have issues with not receiving it when we're supposed to.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    hayabusafuryhayabusafury Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have added up all Zen purchases and expenditures for this year. i am missing about 7000 Zen between purchased Zen and Stipends.

I have been given partial records of Zen spent but the math does not add up. I am know I am not short 7000 Zen from just this year. but that is what the number PWE provided to me show. I have 592 Zen in my account currently. PWE needs to quickly show me where that Zen is or they owe it to me. As with their own numbers I can prove I should have it.

How is this company even in business with accounting this bad. "Cooking the books" is illegal PWE. Even in the far East.:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Help rebuild the Romulan Star Empire to glory. Click the banner to join today.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Update to my previous posts:

I received today a notification from the BBB that PWE intended to full reimburse me my missing stipend as well as an additional months stipend as a good will gesture. Which is probably what they should have done to start with to have avoided this whole mess.
    While it is only a small victory it is a victory none the less; now please PWE, put your house in order!

If anyone is still having issues with PWE and their stipend, I can recommend the Better Business Bureau. Even if you aren't based in the US. It might take a while but they should sort out your problem for you.
  • Options
    namod83namod83 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've had lifetime since LAUNCH, and I have never got the stipend zen/c-points. On top of that I've had to message support with every new character I create to get basic bonuses, such as respec tokens, inventory upgrades, etc.

On top of that I had a character get deleted mysteriously from the server, Namod was a lvl 50 TAC with t12 full maco and omega sets, but after a discussion w/ supports over a cloaky defiant (they had just released the fleet defiant) my char disappeared and support claims it was deleted on the client side....I know I didn't do it and no one else has access to my account......

Anyway, enough keyboard surfing. Back to the reputation grind.

@Namod out.
  • Options
    cheche71nlcheche71nl Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fyi, still missing 1500TP here..
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well I have not gotten a stipend for about 3 months....I am a lifetime member.

In fact I have not gotten it for star trek, champions or never winter.

I do keep looking though.....I broke down and got some zen....for star trek....but I know I have not gotten the amount I am supposed to get.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Well I have not gotten a stipend for about 3 months....I am a lifetime member.

In fact I have not gotten it for star trek, champions or never winter.

I do keep looking though.....I broke down and got some zen....for star trek....but I know I have not gotten the amount I am supposed to get.

You and anyone else who hasn't received their stipend should immediately file a ticket with billing to get them to investigate it.

As this will invariably lead to a rude reply telling you to "go away and get some understanding" I would suggest making a complaint to the Better Business Bureau at the same time as well. You can do this even if you aren't American or living in the US.

The official line purported at the beginning of this thread is misinformation bordering on bare faced lies. The only way to get the money is to have the BBB force PWE (not Cryptic) to do an Audit of your account and then you will receive your missing Zen.

Perhaps the Customer Service team have changed somewhat to the idea of overpaying people in Monopoly and "recouping" the "lost money" but I highly doubt it.

Good luck with the whole process, it took me a couple of months but I eventually got my Zen and an apology for the condescending behaviour I received as a result.

Rights are like muscles, if you don't flex them they atrophy and once they are gone, they are gone for everyone.
  • Options
    darkspeakerdarkspeaker Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Am I the only one who thinks the stipend should transfer the day the charge passes the bank? Why do we wait a full month to get it?
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So far so good, for me. I've tracked the last 3 months and get my 500 Zen every month like I'm supposed to.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    caedusccaedusc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've been on the lifetime sub for 125 days now and still have ZERO zen in my wallet... Not fixed! :(
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    caedusc wrote: »
    I've been on the lifetime sub for 125 days now and still have ZERO zen in my wallet... Not fixed! :(

ZEN from stipends would not be in your wallet; it would be in-game when you look at your balance in the C-Store as it's STO specific and can not be transferred elsewhere.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    valetharvalethar Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ZEN from stipends would not be in your wallet; it would be in-game when you look at your balance in the C-Store as it's STO specific and can not be transferred elsewhere.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Where, exactly, can we see a transaction history detailing when we get our stipends, make purchases, add Zen, etc... so that we can audit this process for ourselves?

I attempted to do so via the PWE account page, and cannot see anything related to STO.
  • Options
    michlomichlo Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Greetings,

I too have always been a Lifetime Member (since pre-order) and I'm only just finding out about stipends thanks to this thread.

I have been away for 2.5 years (until last week) so I've had a lot of catching up to do. Is this a new thing during that time? I certainly didn't come back to thousands of Zen and have already bought some twice. It looks like I need to submit a ticket to billing.

Oh and tis good to be back. :)

Cheers.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    michlo wrote: »
    Greetings,

I too have always been a Lifetime Member (since pre-order) and I'm only just finding out about stipends thanks to this thread.

I have been away for 2.5 years (until last week) so I've had a lot of catching up to do. Is this a new thing during that time? I certainly didnt comeback to thousands of Zen and have already bought some twice. It looks like I need to submit a ticket to billing.

Oh and tis good to be back. :)

Cheers.

Stipend started in November of last year, so ...
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    funny how PWE admit their stipend system is flawed, but whenever i submit a ticket saying i never got it, they tell me it has been applied to my account and IS working as intended. I have missed last months and month before stipend again. I rarely get mine. Im getting fed up with being told i have gotten mine when i know damn well i havent. Then they tell me to post to forums, what good is that when i dont get my stipend anyway? What bs!
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    d00mbringerd00mbringer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    valethar wrote: »
    Where, exactly, can we see a transaction history detailing when we get our stipends, make purchases, add Zen, etc... so that we can audit this process for ourselves?

I attempted to do so via the PWE account page, and cannot see anything related to STO.

As far as I know, there is no way to track stipends other than manually. The transaction history only shows Zen bought and transferred.

Not having a transaction history detailing when stipends were given is, at best, poor customer service and, at worst, a way to facilitate TRIBBLE over the customer base. For all it does wrong, The Old Republic at least sent you an email to let you know you got your stipend of Cartel Coins. It's embarrassing and downright shady that PWE doesn't do something similar.
  • Options
    lobsterhands19lobsterhands19 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Up until this year i was getting my monthly stipend with no problem (lifetime member) but for the past several months i have only gotten one monthly payment.................................. WHERE THE **** IS MY ZEN!?!?!?!!!!!! :mad:
  • Options
    winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    I also have not received my stipend! I have 90 days on my subscription, just checked it today and my Zen balance still hasn't gone up! I haven't received a thing since going lifetime, not once!
    Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
    U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what day can i expect my stipend for this month to show up? i usually see it in game on the first, but it's not there yet

i thought the automation of stipends had been fixed?
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    kheldrynkheldryn Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Though I created a post about this earlier I have not recieved my Stipend for November. And after doing the math, I seem to be missing another 2 Months worth. So.. No.. you didn't fix it, its still broken. When I downloaded STO onto this PC I should have had 3500 upon logging in, and only had 2500 (This was about 2 weeks ago), The last puchase I made was back in March... you do the math.

Obviously several months are unaccounted for.. and as I've noticed most of these complaits arose during patch days during the gap I didn't have access to STO. I'd be happy with just November's "Assuming" you can really fix it so this doesn't keep happening.
    Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
  • Options
    malkaevianmalkaevian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Um... What if we just subbed and have not gotten our stipened for this month yet? will we recieve 2 next month?

I mean I just subbed and its the beginning of the month would be pretty crappy to say "Sorry" you don't get one this month (Or only 1 next month). Since technically you owe me one already for November.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    malkaevian wrote: »
    Um... What if we just subbed and have not gotten our stipened for this month yet? will we recieve 2 next month?

I mean I just subbed and its the beginning of the month would be pretty crappy to say "Sorry" you don't get one this month (Or only 1 next month). Since technically you owe me one already for November.

I may be wrong but I think your stipend is tied to your join date. So if you subbed on the 11th you don't get your stipend till the 11th.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
This discussion has been closed.