test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stipends (5/9/13 Update and Information Regarding Extra Stipends Received)

Comments

• Options
    kane53kane53 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    last 3 months i havent gotten any zen and all tech support told me was "our records show ya ya got your monthly zen in may june and this month" but i checked and nothing last time i got zen was in march
  • Options
    jamesvilliajamesvillia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey there, I'm in the same boat, its getting a bit beyond a joke, I had the same reply from customer service saying that I have recieved the zen stipend of 1500 in april (counting forward for may and june) and that I would recieve it this month with no issue, I personally don't remember recieving that amount, but I'm not desputing the records, I am disappointed that I have not recieved the stipend when it should have come through this month without any notice that the date could have changed or any other reason given...:mad:
  • Options
    maerdynmaerdyn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    3 weeks ago I made a ticket and got this answer:

"... My investigation shows that a stipend for Star Trek online was granted on December 17th 2011, January 17th 2012, February 17th 2012, March 17th 2012, April 17th 2012, May 17th 2012, June 17th 2012, July 17th 2012, August 17th 2012, September 17th 2012, October 17th 2012, November 17th 2012, December 17th 2012, January 17th 2013, February 17th 2013, March 17th 2013, April 17th 2013, April 26th 2013 (for May), and April 29th 2013 (for June) ..."

Today is 19.7. and I still didn't get my monthly stip for July.
    CO LT, STO LT, played NWN and NWN2 before and another DnD games
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    you are not the only one. I should get ZEN two days ago but I got HUGE nothing.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Three lights or three seashells?

I'm another one thats not had a stipend for a few months now. I knew they were bringing out the scimitar and was holding off buying anything so the missing stipend plus what I had should have been more than enough to get the three pack.

I took a few months off playing before LoR came out and when I came back the stipend seemed low as well. You used to be able to check a balance on the launcher via the store during patching but sadly thats been got rid of.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Still waiting for this months stipend.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, looks like I got hit with the missing stipend thingy now.

On April 17 I received 1500 Zen. 500 of that was my normal stipend for April. Now, I didn't get my stipend in May or in June which is acceptable since I got a forward on those two stipends. I should have started seeing my stipend again on July 17. It's now July 19 and I have not received my stipend for this month. I'm going to wait a few more days to see if it's another bug in the system before sending out a ticket, but something is still wrong with the stipend grants.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    sc698091sc698091 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Missing Zen for this month. What's going on?
  • Options
    sc698091sc698091 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Missing my stipend this month. What's going on with the computer program. Your servers and people 's sto zen accounts in game are not communicating with each other.
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    same for my friend. he even emailed cryptic and got the "our records say you got it back then" then when he asked for a invoice they closed the ticket.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    my friend is in the same boat still, no stipend and customer service basically did nothing. they wont even give an invoice.

this game sucks.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    davidturner2012davidturner2012 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there any way I can see when I last received my last stipend . I'm sure I didn't get this months but I can't say for certain about last months
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there any way I can see when I last received my last stipend . I'm sure I didn't get this months but I can't say for certain about last months

You can file a support ticket in the link in my signature below or e-mail customerservice@perfectworld.com and ask.

At this time, there is no way to view it otherwise.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    gideonkhangideonkhan Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It wouldn't surprise me none, if PWE enacted section 18 subsection E of it's terms of services. And this is what it reads:
    (c) PWE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.

This is an aspect of a service that many people have failed to see in months.
    Frozt@LordButtons
    The Separatist Fleet
  • Options
    amishrevolutionamishrevolution Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gideonkhan wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me none, if PWE enacted section 18 subsection E of it's terms of services. And this is what it reads:

This is an aspect of a service that many people have failed to see in months.

It's possible that they could do that with new LTS or subscriptions but they can't do it with the existing ones without risking legal repercussions despite that subsection for breach of contract. That term does not mean that they have the legal right to do whatever they want but I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see them try it regardless of the legality.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, like I said, I got three stipends in April. Mistakes happen, I don't know how a mistake like that could happen, but oh well. They told me I wouldn't get the next two stipends due to the overpayment, and that's fair. I didn't expect any in May or June.

Today should be my usual stipend day.

Zen balance: 0

Update: Stipend arrived, about 4 days late.

Everything odd about the stipend system- from the missing payments, to the overpayments, to the late payments, to the complete lack of a visible record of payments- suggest to me a system that is not automated at all. Like some CS intern has to push a button for every subscriber. If this were any other company that'd be totally unbelievable. But with PWE, it's plausible.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    oki, got my ZEN today but still, 3 days delay :-x
  • Options
    ukcidtheslayerukcidtheslayer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't think I received a stipend the last couple of months.

How do I check into this? Can someone look into my account and make sure my account is working properly with regards to the Stipend.

Lifetimer here so not sure what date it should come, but it definitely doesn't appear to have come in two months.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The only people that can check your account are billing and you'll have to file a billing and support ticket in order to get them to do it.

I guarantee you they will make up some mumbo jumbo about how you got infinity -1 stipends already and there is no problem and "this ticket will now be closed, thank you and don't come again."
  • Options
    darkthorne70darkthorne70 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well early on I contacted I did get told I received 3 stipends in April and it would resume in July. (whether I did or not I cant definitively say, but I did get the log) and since my monthly was due today I looked and it was there. So I cant comment for others here but it does appear to be working properly for me once more
  • Options
    hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Where can I get help to see when my stipend is due? I have become a lifer back in June and haven't received my stipends.
  • Options
    xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Well, looks like I got hit with the missing stipend thingy now.

On April 17 I received 1500 Zen. 500 of that was my normal stipend for April. Now, I didn't get my stipend in May or in June which is acceptable since I got a forward on those two stipends. I should have started seeing my stipend again on July 17. It's now July 19 and I have not received my stipend for this month. I'm going to wait a few more days to see if it's another bug in the system before sending out a ticket, but something is still wrong with the stipend grants.

According to support I received 3 stipends as well in April (though I am pretty sure I would have noticed 1500 zen sitting on my account) one of those stipend is my normal April allotment the other two paid in advance for May and June. I should be getting this months stipend in 3 days. Will let you all know how accurate their statement is that everything has been fixed and working now.
    1kltX02.jpg
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hawks3052 wrote: »
    Where can I get help to see when my stipend is due? I have become a lifer back in June and haven't received my stipends.
    It should come around the day you purchased your lifetime subscription every month. There is no way to actually see when you did it unless you look at your credit/bank statement or contact Billing they could tell you :)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    aeternavitaaeternavita Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    :facepalm:

I just got 1000 zen, they've either corrected June and July or they've overpaid again. Why does it have to be so complicated?
  • Options
    amishrevolutionamishrevolution Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    :facepalm:

I just got 1000 zen, they've either corrected June and July or they've overpaid again. Why does it have to be so complicated?

It's not complicated, they're just not terribly competent with their virtual currency or dealing with people. Probably take half of it away and stop giving out your stipend for another three to six months.
  • Options
    section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Finally...today I recieved 500 ZEN but tickets are unanswered and no verification of any supposed overpayment. We need for Cryptic to be transparent on thier billing and let the players see the books so to speak on zen transactions.
  • Options
    zix74itaelitezix74itaelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    and my stipend its late again (about 1 week overdued) I just submitted a ticked lets see what they have to say this time around....
  • Options
    hayabusafuryhayabusafury Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Another month with no stipend.
    Another set of tickets.
    Another no reply.
    Another month of being outraged at PWE/cryptic!!!!:mad:

Is this seriously your business model PWE?
    :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Help rebuild the Romulan Star Empire to glory. Click the banner to join today.

• Options
    cursixcursix Member Posts: 0
    edited July 2013
    I got this month's stipend finally. Still no word on May or June; they've giving me their logs on when I received a stipend but don't seem able to give me a log on when I spent it.
  • Options
    hayabusafuryhayabusafury Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cursix wrote: »
    I got this month's stipend finally. Still no word on May or June; they've giving me their logs on when I received a stipend but don't seem able to give me a log on when I spent it.

Nice that they gave you that at least.

I got a response today. They told me my account is balanced. They apologized that they double payed me in April (which I got 0 Zen in April, not double) and said they took one month (May) off to even it out.

Well Cryptic, Why do I still have no stipend for April-July? How is that a balanced account?

After their explanation and apology the want to close my ticket. IT IS NOT RESOLVED, PWE!!!!!

Last year a had an accounting error with Zen but I figured it was my mistake because I took some time off from the game and hadn't kept up on it. But now I have to revisit that as well because PWE clearly can't count or be trusted.

Why is this so hard to deal with?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Help rebuild the Romulan Star Empire to glory. Click the banner to join today.

This discussion has been closed.