What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Re: The Voth's Bio-Engineered Dinos

Comments

• Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    you know what we will get for the new season gift, a cup of water, when placed on the ground, if it shows signs of vibrations, find shelter or make a mad run for it. :D

this did make me laugh :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Since you're so fond of using random scientific theories to contradict what was otherwise shown on screen,

Cause everything shown on screen is true. . . ?
  • Options
    specialenvoyspecialenvoy Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    you know what we will get for the new season gift, a cup of water, when placed on the ground, if it shows signs of vibrations, find shelter or make a mad run for it. :D

Clever Girl.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We need guns that fires Meteors, it's their one weakness.

[Dual Meteor cannons] (acc)x2 (dmg)x2
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cause everything shown on screen is true. . . ?

Unless rectified by another episode... for the On-Screen Universe it is true :-)
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    MCP I don't share your view this time. People have been using animals of war for centuries, I see no reason why the Voth would be different. Some images for you:

Elephant with armour:
    Qsd8Xer.jpg

Horse with armour
    8FYzojG.jpg

and my personal favourite:
    Lzes1RA.jpg

last one made me fall out my chair!! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    kortaagkortaag Member Posts: 525
    edited October 2013
    I know there's a whole slew of Dino threads going on but this one I wanted to post in difference to be on the sole purpose of protest against these changes from taking place. Mostly everyone is contrary to this idea but their voices are swept underneath parody(which have been hilarious thus far)

First I will ask nicely and with respect: Devs PLEASE do not do this. The Voth are Dinos.. yes we are comfortable with that but we don't want this. This is terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Secondly I will just say that these changes completely pervert the whole Voth episode entirely. Do we really think that an advanced species on a city ship is going to play cowboys and indians on a damned dinosaur? It's like human beings being expected to capture gorillas and put lasers on their heads because they're the coolest apes to wear the head gear. Infuriating..

.... TERRIBLE! If you protest, please let it be known!
    May good management be with you.
  • Options
    scarrnscarrn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I completely agree.

STO is not a cross between "My Little Pony" and Halo, nor should it be made into such.

It does not FEEL right.

CUTE has it's place, like in a three year old girl's stuffed toy.

Please do not make this into something it should not be.

Seriously.
  • Options
    k022#6452 k022 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    scarrn wrote: »
    I completely agree.

STO is not a cross between "My Little Pony" and Halo, nor should it be made into such.

It does not FEEL right.

CUTE has it's place, like in a three year old girl's stuffed toy.

Please do not make this into something it should not be.

Seriously.

Its not. Its still Star Trek, the devs are just expanding on what the writers did not. I do not think that you understand. The devs are the writers of their own game, they can put in their own thoughts/ideas that are expanded from a canon race. If you don't like it, leave, go create your own game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think it's fine - as long as we don't get dinosaurs ourselves. That would irk me.

Every new enemy must be unique, in story and function, otherwise the Voth might as well just be reskinned Jemhadar.
    2iBFtmg.png
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lolnah, i want them
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kortaag wrote: »
    I know there's a whole slew of Dino threads going on but this one I wanted to post in difference to be on the sole purpose of protest against these changes from taking place. Mostly everyone is contrary to this idea but their voices are swept underneath parody(which have been hilarious thus far)

First I will ask nicely and with respect: Devs PLEASE do not do this. The Voth are Dinos.. yes we are comfortable with that but we don't want this. This is terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Secondly I will just say that these changes completely pervert the whole Voth episode entirely. Do we really think that an advanced species on a city ship is going to play cowboys and indians on a damned dinosaur? It's like human beings being expected to capture gorillas and put lasers on their heads because they're the coolest apes to wear the head gear. Infuriating..

None the less...

I see a merge incoming...

Hang on to yer assets.

And remember kiddies...

CBS apparently approved this.

Otherwise it would have been Denied.... like a Frikkin' T-5 Constitution !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sorry, I rather like Dinos with lazors on their noggins.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Are you kidding? This is great news. I mean look, if STO is adding T.Rex with lasers then they must have fixed everything with the game and now have the breathing room to try some odd-ball creatives.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Have you no class? Regardless of cigar room nods at ridiculous ideas.. This idea is still awful. People in power make terrible mistakes all the time. This is just another BP oil spill in the making. At least most of the players in the PVP area think its awful.

Can we get a Pegasus too.. with lasers on their heads?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Are you kidding? This is great news. I mean look, if STO is adding T.Rex with lasers then they must have fixed everything with the game and now have the breathing room to try some odd-ball creatives.

Exactly. Who cares about ancient bugs that haven't been fixed when you got rogue devs like gekko making laser headed dinos.. How terribly.. exciting.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    ehgatoehgato Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    poopbang wrote: »
    Its not. Its still Star Trek, the devs are just expanding on what the writers did not. I do not think that you understand. The devs are the writers of their own game, they can put in their own thoughts/ideas that are expanded from a canon race. If you don't like it, leave, go create your own game.

ok many ppl can have many opinions, but dinos with laser in the heads ..... pls man that cant be serius, whats next jedy powers? the smurf like a new fatal enemy ?????:eek:

sry for mi english.
  • Options
    victorstellavictorstella Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Everyone has their own idea of what Star Trek should be like, but honestly, could you picture an episode, TOS or TNG, where there were T-Rex's walking around with lasers on their heads? It is absurd. It would be a shame for one person to drag this whole game past the line for his own personal desires. The fact that this cleared Gekko's boss, and his boss, and so on really makes me worry about the future of this game.
  • Options
    bronzephantombronzephantom Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This marks the end of STO and life as we know it.

Everyone cry 'havoc!' and let slip the dogs of anarchy!

a person once said "Today we are dead, but we go in-game to reclaim our lives, STO is life!" Actually I was paraphrasing but it was something similar to that.
  • Options
    hygtkilo98hygtkilo98 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What hahahahahahahaha it's a game it does not matter

kortaag wrote: »

• Options
    scarrnscarrn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've loved STAR TREK since the beginning.

I've hated BARNEY the Dinosaur since the beginning.

That is all.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm going to say this once.

STAR TREK ONLINE IS NOT CANON.

Therefore... IT IS NOT BOUND BY THE RULES OF CANON.

It's a bloody game. Therefore it follows game rules. Granted it is BASED on Star Trek. But it is NOT Star Trek. And cmon, if it just followed canon, Galaxy's could one shot most ships, they could survive everything, and everyone would respect them. Intrepids could survive for many years without resupply and be able to survive everything. The Defiant would mow everything down... oh wait, it already does that. Ok, the Defiant could survive fighting a Vor'cha or Neg'vhar (ships that outclass it in almost every conceivable aspect), AND it could also take on dozens of enemy ships at once and be fine. To say nothing of the Sovereign.

If you ask me, I really don't want that. Which is why I am fine with the game as is (ok blatant lie, I think the Borg are toothless wimps and the Undine don't even deserve to share the name of Species 8472... I mean it makes you wonder if the devs even watched "Scorpion". A Nicor practically destroyed Voyager in one hit... to say nothing of what they were doing to the Borg... I also think that they made the Tholians too weak, but meh). Be that as it may, it's still just a game. It's not bound by canon rules. It doesn't matter if it would appear in canon.

So why not Dinos with Lazors on their noggins?
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    mersemerse Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    When I saw the concept art about the Tyrannosaurus with armor and laser turrets on its head I almost fell of my chair of laughter! This is simply ridiculous!
    Star Trek is a professional scifi franchise and not some cheap stupid cartoon for 5 years old kids. Come, on, you couldn't come up with anything better than dinosaurs?!
    And if you must stick to this utterly ridiculous idea, at least make them to look like as they really used to - according to the latest findings and evidences of paleontology.

The whole concept of the game is that it wants to look like canon. Why would it give it up for the sake for a stupid children's toy idea? Unless of course if they want to reposition the game and make it like Star Wars Galaxies in the last few months, when it really was targeted for 5-10 years olds and not for teenagers and adults...
  • Options
    edited October 2013

But it is most definitely bound by the rules of cannon.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    They are the reptites from chrono trigger
    Gold.jpg
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    MCP I don't share your view this time. People have been using animals of war for centuries, I see no reason why the Voth would be different. Some images for you:

Elephant with armour:
    Qsd8Xer.jpg

Horse with armour
    8FYzojG.jpg

and my personal favourite:
    Lzes1RA.jpg
    Yeah, that's why we use drones instead of pigeons with rocket launchers on the back, and tanks instead of elephants with machine gun. Now, a pigeon with a rocket launcher, I would like that.

We used animals that way centuries ago because we didn't have the technology to have it another way.

A civilization that is even more evolved than starfleet would not use animals for war, but powerful machines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Voth

Welcome to the voth, the artwork you have seen is just that art work, the voth are bipedal humanoids evolvec from dino's, the t-rex looking guys may be more like mugato, and other combat animals.

Seriously this thread is so troll. Wait until you get the actual content before you cry, whine and protest.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]