Install Arc
Options

Re: The Voth's Bio-Engineered Dinos

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Average STO forum user logic.

Cryptic adds things from Star Trek. The following happens.

"OMG THIS ISN'T STAR TREK ANYMORE."
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Well I quite like what I'm hearing about the new Season. The holding certainly looks promising.

What worries me a bit are the Dinosaurs. Seriously? T-Rex's with lasers? Are we going Saurian Tales Online now? Dino Trek? Turok Space Edition? While it might seem like a cool idea in the first place please don't turn this game into Jurassic Park. I guess there's no chance of getting rid of them anymore but please just don't overdo it then. Thank you.

Having said that, can someone please edit the Voyager trailer and put the Jurassic Park music into it? I'd say that would be an appropriate intro for Season 8 :D

Edit: Not complaing about the Voth here, just about their little back yard "pets".

So.... you don't want Star Trek added into Star Trek? They may as well not add any content then, all of it's Star Trek. That would conflict with the community desires.....
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    orondis wrote: »
    It's utterly hilarious how worked up some fans are getting.

Oh noes, cyber-dinos! Trek is ruined!

Seriously, it's not hard to see why CBS doesn't want a new Trek series made given it's fans.

Whats the funniest part is i openly admitted that this was a troll thread to induce nerd rage and some entertainment for me of course.

and even after that? they continue to rage :D
  • Options
    lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Average STO forum user logic.

Cryptic adds things from Star Trek. The following happens.

"OMG THIS ISN'T STAR TREK ANYMORE."

I am so stealing this for my sig!!!
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2013
    The logic of those defending the garbage in Season 8 goes something like:

"We had a couple of weird episodes so that means we can have anything we want in Star Trek. MOAR Cartoon now!"

If you can't understand why riding dinosaurs with lasers on their heads is not Star Trek then you will never understand and it is pointless to try to argue against you. I still hope that there is a serious developer out there looking to build a Trek a game so the fans of the series have an alternative.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    The logic of those defending the garbage in Season 8 goes something like:

"We had a couple of weird episodes so that means we can have anything we want in Star Trek. MOAR Cartoon now!"

If you can't understand why riding dinosaurs with lasers on their heads is not Star Trek then you will never understand and it is pointless to try to argue against you. I still hope that there is a serious developer out there looking to build a Trek a game so the fans of the series have an alternative.

If ~500 Episodes with long-living green blooded Space-Elves equals a couple of weird episodes ... then yes that's the logic ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    If ~500 Episodes with long-living green blooded Space-Elves equals a couple of weird episodes ... then yes that's the logic ...

Except it was never about space elves ... btw budgets in 60s in show restricted character makeup. But you missed the point of the series. Here is a preview of season 9 for you ... enjoy

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110727191817/villains/images/0/01/Megatron_TRotF.jpg&imgrefurl=http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Megatron&h=1023&w=753&sz=287&tbnid=Ih3Na9GTADs_3M:&tbnh=101&tbnw=74&zoom=1&usg=__AWf6I6WwO40hogHaY1ol8LgJKLI=&docid=p4pto5KgHtxHVM&sa=X&ei=pbNaUqr3Ce_G4APssIG4Bg&ved=0CFYQ9QEwBg
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Sooo 40 years of ST was never about Space-Elves, but Season 8 is gonna be about that one Screenshot you've seen ... would love to show you some Pics of Space-Elves in 1965 :P
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just hope the next recurring obscure alien ISN'T TRYING TO KILL US ALL.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Sooo 40 years of ST was never about Space-Elves, but Season 8 is gonna be about that one Screenshot you've seen ...

Nope. It is sad to miss the very obvious part where Trek is all about what makes us tick as humans dressed up in a scifi setting. I guess the "play in a play" mechanic in various episodes of TNG just went right over your head.

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think the creators of the godawful 80's cartoon Dino Riders, are gonna sue somebody.:P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Nope. It is sad to miss the very obvious part where Trek is all about what makes us tick as humans dressed up in a scifi setting. I guess the "play in a play" mechanic in various episodes of TNG just went right over your head.

Like these Dinosaur people living under the restrictions of some kind of modern middle-age self-absorbed christian belief system ...

I'm not really complaining about Space-Elves btw (Oh Wise One) ... they turned out to be ok ... same thing could happen with Space-Dinos though ...

PS : I'd love to see some Pics of Voth riding Dinosaurs while shooting Lasers ... show me pls

PPS : What's the premise here ? ... Dinosaurs & SciFi = stupid & childish .... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Jules Verne & Michael Chrichton might disagree ...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So.... you don't want Star Trek added into Star Trek? They may as well not add any content then, all of it's Star Trek. That would conflict with the community desires.....

I think the person you were quoting was incredibly reasonable and your response incredibly disingenuous. Just because the producers of Voyager had a brain TRIBBLE and couldn't come up with an original episode ... and decided to appeal to 13 year old kids ... doesn't justify bringing in all adolescent childhood fantasy into Star Trek.

What's next Voltron ... or Decepticons ... or Barney?

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I think the person you were quoting was incredibly reasonable and your response incredibly disingenuous. Just because the producers of Voyager had a brain TRIBBLE and couldn't come up with an original episode ... and decided to appeal to 13 year old kids ... doesn't justify bringing in all adolescent childhood fantasy into Star Trek.

What's next Voltron ... or Decepticons ... or Barney?

I think it's ridiculous that people are going crazy over a a dino in space. Why didn't they go crazy over cats in space, elves in space, ETC?
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think it's ridiculous that people are going crazy over a a dino in space. Why didn't they go crazy over cats in space, elves in space, ETC?

ya sooo much this^^^^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    orondis wrote: »
    It's utterly hilarious how worked up some fans are getting.

Oh noes, cyber-dinos! Trek is ruined!

Seriously, it's not hard to see why CBS doesn't want a new Trek series made given it's fans.

soooo very much this ^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Whats the funniest part is i openly admitted that this was a troll thread to induce nerd rage and some entertainment for me of course.

and even after that? they continue to rage :D

because its not trek unless some one gets up set in this case T-Rex with frickin laser on its head :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    PPS : What's the premise here ? ... Dinosaurs & SciFi = stupid & childish .... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Jules Verne & Michael Chrichton might disagree ...

i loved that show the lost world!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    People go crazy about T rex with lasers on their heads. Not space dinos.

I seriously want my planet sized sharknado as new threat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    im not going to lie i think ppl have forgot this "to seek out new life and new civilizations" this is for all the dinos hating ppl with there big heads
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    People go crazy about T rex with lasers on their heads. Not space dinos.

may as well be the same
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    jedidethfreak823jedidethfreak823 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can we finally admit that STO has jumped the shark?

Seriously - the Voth don't acknowledge their dinosaur heritage, so why do they have dinosaurs with lasers?
  • Options
    carlosvzla28carlosvzla28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pozlp_wnkRk we already had sharks with freakin lazzzzers
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Seriously - the Voth don't acknowledge their dinosaur heritage, so why do they have dinosaurs with lasers?

Just be happy it's not a 'Saurnado. :P
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like Sea Bass better.

Especially on my Dinner Plate.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited October 2013

They don't acknowledge that they developed on Earth. Their pets are clearly as native to the delta quadrant as they are themselves. It's obvious that a hairless alpha quadrant monkey like you can't recognize the truth if it shoots lasers in his face.:D

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the idea myself, but I'm going to wait until I can actually fight them on Tribble before a make a judgement on jumping sharks.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    carlosvzla28carlosvzla28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I like Sea Bass better.

Especially on my Dinner Plate.

:cool:

Mutant Sea Bass???
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just be happy it's not a 'Saurnado. :P
    Dinonado with lasers.
    Because it's cool (tm Cryptic 2013)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How can we 'admit' what your personal opinion is? That doesn't make any sense.