test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Party Amplifier GPL Consumable

Comments

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    devian666 wrote: »
    I'll give you a response as you seem to be back on topic now.

I disagree with the statement that players have a right to make their own choices about how to play the game. Before anyone gets too excited give the next sentence a chance. I believe that players should be able to choose their activities. Often in these threads there are a number of roleplayers that actually try to force their activities and their way of playing onto others. There have been some pretty outrageous attempts to force one person's roleplaying onto everyone else in the past. That's not what a social game is about.

Fairly said.

If a RPer forces their game on me then they're just as wrong as anyone else who attempts to force a choice on me.

And making me dance is forcing a choice.

I never called you a liar. In fact I never called you anything.

However, hypocrisy is a sad and soul destroying thing.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    In summary I have no issue with the way people want to play their game so long as they aren't trying to force me into some sort of bizarre activity.

So you see the problem with the Party Amps. ;)
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited September 2013
    So you see the problem with the Party Amps. ;)

No, they don't force me to do anything. So there's no issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited September 2013

They force you to dance or move.

Cognitive dissonance is also a sad and soul destroying thing.
    edited September 2013

If they do not force you to do anything, then nothing forces you to do anything. So then you have no issues with anything that anybody does.
    edited September 2013
    rinkster wrote: »

They don't force you to move. The amp creates an animation which has no gameplay effect.
    If they do not force you to do anything, then nothing forces you to do anything. So then you have no issues with anything that anybody does.

Making irrational statements doesn't make them true. A bit less try hard trolling and actually participating in the discussion would have more merit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    the only problem I see is that I am down 100 latinum every time I pop one.....

gonna have to go play more dabo

(yeah, I have bad luck at gambling...which yeah, I know...is another argumentative subject here)....

oh.....and the balls only affect "idle" players or npc's ( so only people dance if they were'nt doing anything anyway)....

and I also quote: "This animation is overridden by any other animation or movement, and does not inhibit or cancel interactions. only one party amplifier may be active in a 30m radius"

Good grief, people are still moaning about this?
    There're people starving out there, on that big blue orb we call "the world", and you guys have to whine and moan about how an item is 'affecting' you?

For shame.
    I need a beer.

edited September 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    oh.....and the balls only affect "idle" players or npc's ( so only people dance if they were'nt doing anything anyway)....

and I also quote: "This animation is overridden by any other animation or movement, and does not inhibit or cancel interactions. only one party amplifier may be active in a 30m radius"

That's all it boils down to. The most tiresome part of the discussion against party amps is people trying to project their own issues onto me, but at least it hasn't descended to the levels of the other party amp threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you choose to roleplay in public areas, you're just going to have to accept that people who aren't part of your roleplay are going to wander in and interfere. Deal with it.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Forgive me, but what a stupid thread this is, and a whiny one too. I mean for something that can be easily avoided by merely walking away from it or changing to another instance, ... really?

Apparently the OP fails to understand what a "FAD" actually means, and a passing one too.

I think sometimes folks complain about the most mundane things and forget about the bigger picture, like annoying BUGS that are still around since day one, or BUGS that have appeared since the introduction of the Romulan Faction that have yet to be addressed.

For starters, this game ceased to be a strictly canon MMO, and as far as Roleplaying, thats something you conduct on your own with friends or an RP Fleet.

Disco Balls is a novelty item, like cute pets and/or other consumable items, they are there to be enjoyed by everyone.

Many folks at first were pissed off about the balloon gun, but that too, like all other fads, passes away, though from time to time you may catch a happy go lucky STO player firing off one, but they are few and far between.

In the end, we must learn to lighten up, play the game, and have fun. This is a game after all, and not a commitment to imitate hardcore Starfleet RP -

Want to RP, join a group that specializes in it, just do not visit Drozana, Starfleet Dental will EAT YOU ALIVE.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Obvious troll thread is obvious. :rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    Obvious troll thread is obvious. :rolleyes:

Oi! I only came in on post 105! :P
    I need a beer.

edited September 2013
    stark2k wrote: »
    Want to RP, join a group that specializes in it, just do not visit Drozana, Starfleet Dental will EAT YOU ALIVE.

and all the dancing goin' on will whittle the flesh off yer bones !!!

:cool:
    It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game, It's only a game.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Rikers loves ot dance to but like playing Jazz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
    edited September 2013
    Making irrational statements doesn't make them true. A bit less try hard trolling and actually participating in the discussion would have more merit.

Before you post, do you think about what folks would say in response to your posts and then randomly reply to folks with it?
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You have a very low thrushold for obscene. Parrrrrttttty!
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    EDIT: Delete.
    edited September 2013
    Cue countless intentional derailment posts. Am I late?

absolutely not ! the dance party on DS9 #1 is "still" going' on.

Edit: I'm kind of addicted to dance parties now ... I think I'm becoming fabulous !
    Now it has
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited September 2013
    Cue countless intentional derailment posts. Am I late?

No there are plenty of people angry about the discussion we've been having. It's never too late to post after the derailment posts. It's clear that there's people that don't like any reasonable discussion so they want to ruin the thread rather than see other opinions. Which is unfortunate as despite the emotive thread title there's been a good discussion so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    No there are plenty of people angry about the discussion we've been having. It's never too late to post after the derailment posts. It's clear that there's people that don't like any reasonable discussion so they want to ruin the thread rather than see other opinions. Which is unfortunate as despite the emotive thread title there's been a good discussion so far.

Agreed. Well-said.
  • delsabereduxdelsaberedux Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rinkster wrote: »

Really? You involuntarily dance in your computer chair whenever someone in the game pops a party amp? Now that would be problem. Certainly more so than a few pixel shaders and a random dance emote.

It's just a game, you're not supposed to take it this seriously. Save your energy for the real world.
    Relax.
    edited September 2013
    Really? You involuntarily dance in your computer chair whenever someone in the game pops a party amp? Now that would be problem. Certainly more so than a few pixel shaders and a random dance emote.

It's just a game, you're not supposed to take it this seriously. Save your energy for the real world.

So you wouldn't object to the optional toggle?
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Law & Order: Special Dancers Unit
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited September 2013
    So you wouldn't object to the optional toggle?

what would this hypothetical toggle entail?

the dance emote? the light ball ? the confetti falling ? any of the other players next to you that dont have the toggle activated that suddenly break into dance ? the NPC's all around who dance as well ? the 30m radius that it has? ......
    Who would have thought such a simple little feature would turn into a 40 page thread? It's both insane AND inane.
    edited September 2013
    emarosa26 wrote: »
    Who would have thought such a simple little feature would turn into a 40 page thread? It's both insane AND inane.

It gets a boost from every new thread that gets merged into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.