test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Party Amplifier GPL Consumable

Comments

• fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Don't get mad, get even. That's what I did.

It's funny how angry the other side got when somebody altered their pixels,
    hypocrites. Pages o rage over there.

Could be they're on to something though, because I did enjoy their tears and misplaced anger.

K, I dare you all to admit it, admit how mad you got, lol.

Scientific experiments are so much fun!
    disco forever, amirite?
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Best thing they can do is ignore it by going to another zone or going to the bridge. They are just adding fuel to the troll fire. Dental is loving this thread and eating it all up. Nice job guys.

Join a Fleet...build it up...almost no reason then to go to any of the "social" zones at that point. Kind of ironic, eh?

To be social, avoid social zones...welcome to Star Trek Online!
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited September 2013
    I agree with the OP
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    and bashing people for being social, using social devices in a social zone just because you don't want to be social in the social zone is also ironic.......
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    and bashing people for being social, using social devices in a social zone is also ironic.......

Do you often walk up to strangers and force them to dance...as a means of being social in real life? I mean, honestly, what on Earth would lead you to believe that such activity is being social?

Where's the invitation? Where's the pleasant interaction? It's not being used to be social - it's being used to be intrusive.

The way it's being used, if it weren't for the case that it might upset the mods to say, the closest it comes to being social is being sociopathic.

Oopsie...
    edited September 2013

tis ...only ...a ...video... game.

using real life hypothetical analogies to try and prove your point is a bit over the top don't you think ?

....also adds to the being a bit ironic class as well ......

using real life analogies to try and prove your point is a bit over the top don't you think ?

Being social is being social, no?

If you're going to redefine terms to suit your needs, well - why don't we just start saying that folks should pie things up on the Exchange when we mean look up things, eh? Should tell folks they should sell X when we mean they should buy X?

Perhaps, like many discussions, the simple issue is that not everybody shares your definition - so perhaps if you were to define clearly what you mean by being social...what that entails, what is allowed, what is not allowed - then folks could discuss things with you in a manner that you find more acceptable, eh?
    edited September 2013

so this is about how the exchange functions now? ...hmmm....okay....

oh how the irony keeps flowing

...good luck with that.

You *are* aware that the other player characters are being played by actual people, right? And that they exist in the real world?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited September 2013
    yup
    I understand that they can be slightly annoying. And yes, there probably are psychological issues with those that have fun dropping them on rpers and the like. But it is not changing. The Mod has stated this multiple times. A bit like beating a dead horse...

On another note, I have bought one thus far that I used on my ship with friends. However, after reading this mildly entertaining (if not completely hilarious) thread, I do plan on stocking up XD Perhaps for personal amusement, perhaps to sell to certain fleets when stock runs low. Sure, call me an "Annoyance profiteer" =p
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I didn't have to make any of those choices. This player has effectively imposed a decision on me
    Stop playing videogames. Don't out outside. Completely isolate yourself from society in general.

The party amp is completely irrelevant here. Your argument is so laughably bad because you don't realize what you're saying. You have to make decisions in an MMO EVERY SECOND due to the presence of other people, just like you have to in real life when you step out the door or pick up the phone. You cannot argue that another person is disruptive to your gameplay when that is the VERY NATURE of an online game!

You're arguing for the sake of arguing, and apparently don't like being wrong. Ever considered getting professional help? This is not a snide comment, I'm completely serious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bioweb wrote: »
    But it is not changing. The Mod has stated this multiple times. A bit like beating a dead horse...

If only that were the case. Then they'd just shutdown all the new threads on the matter rather than merging them into this threadnaught. I still don't know why my post is the OP - wasn't even the first thread on the matter. Meh...I don't want to be first!

Course, I think the first thread was annihilated...the person complaining in that one was um...um...yeah, I hope they're doing better now.
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ah. Ad homenim, the number-one sign of a lost argument. Thanks for playing.
    edited September 2013
    Ah. Ad homenim, the number-one sign of a lost argument. Thanks for playing.
    Yes, you have lost. Many times over. Yet you persist in continuing. I find it amusing you have not attempted to further justify your failed argument that "another player FORCED me to make a decision just by being present" as a reason to make a change. Instead, you attempt to belittle me like I'm a child? THAT is the sign of a lost argument. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    eulifdavis wrote: »
    Stop playing videogames. Don't out outside. Completely isolate yourself from society in general.

The party amp is completely irrelevant here. Your argument is so laughably bad because you don't realize what you're saying. You have to make decisions in an MMO EVERY SECOND due to the presence of other people, just like you have to in real life when you step out the door or pick up the phone. You cannot argue that another person is disruptive to your gameplay when that is the VERY NATURE of an online game!

You're arguing for the sake of arguing, and apparently don't like being wrong. Ever considered getting professional help? This is not a snide comment, I'm completely serious.

The record shows who's belittling who--who is being impolite, rude, abrasive, and unhelpful.

But in the interest of keeping the discussion alive, answer this question: Why is it necessary for someone to be able to force another player's character to dance--whether or not they want it to?
    edited September 2013
    Why is it necessary for someone to be able to force another player's character to dance--whether or not they want it to?
    It isn't. The same question can be turned around, though, effectively making it moot. Why is it necessary that you must not dance, whether or not it would be appropriate for your character to do so? (If there's a disco ball, laser lights, and music, I'd say it's pretty appropriate to dance, wouldn't you?) ;)
    The record shows who's belittling who--who is being impolite, rude, abrasive, and unhelpful.
    I will not engage you in a TRIBBLE-for-tat personal attack debate. I will merely direct you to the sentence directly after the one to which you are referring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    I will not engage you in a TRIBBLE-for-tat personal attack debate. I will merely direct you to the sentence directly after the one to which you are referring.

refer post #438
    (and #421 is where I realized what was going on as well) ....

I really do believe he cant help it.

apparently A.C.D. (argumentative compulsive disorder ) is a real thing.

nabreeki wrote: »
    no matter how much time the same two people sit here, pointing out each other's fallacies (instead of constructively engaging each other in debate)
    Hey now, I only recently arrived. :P

It's easy to confuse me for other people, though, what with the truth being universal and all. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    refer post #438
    (and #421 is where I realized what was going on as well) ....

I really do believe he cant help it.

apparently A.C.D. (argumentative compulsive disorder ) is a real thing.

You know, you also keep coming back here as well.

Physician, heal thyself.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited September 2013
    So, without further ado, this is now the post your favorite disco song thread (part 2):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1qQ1SKNlgY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrGuyw1V8s

( I had such a crush on these girls as a kid.......)
    elessym wrote: »
    You know, you also keep coming back here as well.

Physician, heal thyself.

the difference is ....I'm not arguing a point. Im trying to figure out why it's such an issue that people rage about it.

call it a mild personal interest.
    the difference is ....I'm not arguing a point. Im trying to figure out why it's such an issue that people rage about it.

You can't figure it out because you lack the capacity. Probably best to just leave it there and walk away.

But we both know you won't, and it has nothing to do with trying to figure it out, it's just an extension of the same behavior that delights in using items like these...
    edited September 2013
    It isn't. The same question can be turned around, though, effectively making it moot. Why is it necessary that you must not dance, whether or not it would be appropriate for your character to do so? (If there's a disco ball, laser lights, and music, I'd say it's pretty appropriate to dance, wouldn't you?)

If it's moot, why bother?

It's already been explained why it can contextually not be appropriate for my character to be forced to dance. It might be fun, and silly, and meaningless to you, but you're not the only one here. And as silly as you might think my argument is, that doesn't give you the right to belittle it--or me. It lowers whatever standing you have in the conversation, and that's sad because it seems like it would actually be fun to have a discussion with you.

Why people insist on making this personal is beyond me. Your last sentence doesn't excuse the personal quip--no matter how hard you want to insist that it does. You were rude, you attempted to cover it up with the throw-in line at the end. That's it. I'm not offended, but I do think it's unhelpful if you're really trying to have an honest debate.
    Well, technically your thread was the first thread on the matter that didn't get deleted by the GMs, so that's probably why you're the OP here.

It is interesting that they merged these threads together, since yours hasn't received any posts for some time now, which leads me to believe this is still a very minor issue on the part of the Dev team, as other issues are allowed to have multiple threads open (and new ones open as soon as older ones lose steam, relevance, etc).

Right now the only thing keeping this thread open is purplegamer's desire to get the final say in any argument here. The last post really didn't add anything to the debate, nor the topic, aside from "Well, your argument it flawed. Good day."

I personally vote that we change gears here a bit, because no matter how much time the same two people sit here, pointing out each other's fallacies (instead of constructively engaging each other in debate), it's not going to change now.

So, without further ado, this is now the post your favorite disco song thread (part 2):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1qQ1SKNlgY

Pointing out flaws is sorta how arguments work. I also find it strange that I'm the one that has to stop and give in, despite having presented a reasonable argument. Is it possibly because you just disagree, and rather than meet me in the discussion, you'd rather comment--needlessly--on how active I am in the discussion?

I will defend my position as long as people question it. And the reason I continue to post is that people continue to engage me in the conversation. If you don't want me to respond, don't refer to me, don't take part. Pretty simple, right?

No. It can't be that simple or you wouldn't be here baiting me.
    edited September 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    You can't figure it out because you lack the capacity. Probably best to just leave it there and walk away.

But we both know you won't, and it has nothing to do with trying to figure it out, it's just an extension of the same behavior that delights in using items like these...

did you just tell me to GTFO ?

....wow.

oh...and this ones fun to dance to too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYHxGBH6o4M
    It looks like this thread has resorted to mild flaming. I suggest opening a ticket if it continues to get out of hand.

It's already been done. :cool:
    edited September 2013
    Hey now, I only recently arrived. :P

It's easy to confuse me for other people, though, what with the truth being universal and all. ;)

Here's another truth. "If your post is anything like: 'I'm not bothered by the disco ball, so YOU can't be,' it's time to rethink posting."
    edited September 2013
    did you just tell me to GTFO ?

....wow.

No, I told you if you were sincere, you weren't going to gain any understanding by continuing the thread, but that we both know it's all dissimulation.
    edited September 2013
    On topic

You haven't been on topic in quite some time...
This discussion has been closed.