Install Arc
Options

earning 25 million ec per day.

2»

Comments

• Options
    pavihanpavihan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    you can make 25 mill killin borg in nvak and NPC drops but it takes all day just need to discars everything but warp/singularity cores and shields sell them to npc on quonos
  • Options
    redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can do it, but like a previous poster said it takes EC to make EC. One of the biggest sources of EC for me is Doffs. I have built up 15 mil fleet marks and I use them to buy common doffs by the hundreds and sell them on the Exchange.

Many Fleets still buy tons of common Doffs from the exchange to fund Starbase projects. And at 10k-30k a pop it adds up real fast.
    Another way I have made lots of EC is from the Hybrid weapon reward packs. The un-opened boxes sell for 250k. Now if you open it and get a Ground Wep or an XI wep you loose but more often that not I get an XII wep and if it is a ACCx2 turrett or DHC then they sell for millions. I bought 20 of them and made about 15 mil in profit.

Also when I see someone post 10 or more keys on the exchange I then undercut his price, he then pulls his keys and undercuts me, just so his Keys sell 1st. I continue the cycle until I have driven the price down by about 200k, then buy up all his keys and re-sell them for the original price.
    Last month someone had 15 Keys listed for 1.5 mil. I was able to get the seller mad by continuing to undercut him to list his keys for 1.2, Then 1 mill EC just so his Keys sold 1st. I then bought all his Keys at 1 mil and re-sold them for 1.5.
    Currently Keys are going from 1.8 to 1.9. A good opportunity is when you see a bunch of keys listed for much lower that the next group. Say you see 10 keys for 1.75 listed and the next up from them are listed for 1.9. Just buy all of them and re-list for 1.89 and you just made some fast easy EC.

Look for the gaps in price and look for greedy sellers that have a "need" for thier keys to sell first and fast. FInd both of them and you can make millions. Since I have completed and have every item and ship in the game and have nothing else to grind for, I have made it my mission to hit 1 billion EC and will prob be there in about 5 weeks. Currently at 723 mil. All from playing the exchange
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    @raulblanco7
    @redsnake721
    That's what i was talking about!
    Thanks for the insight! :)
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    captainaramdacaptainaramda Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have in the past sold items (drops, even common doffs) for about the same as most everyone else. The problem is, they never sell and I get an email telling me the offer had expired. At this point I've lost the item also, but that's another issue that's been submitted to support. The point is, if my items don't sell, I make nothing.

I appreciate all the good advice from so many of you. If and when support takes care of the current issue, I'll use some of your suggestions in my quest. Thanks again.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ec from Dil farming.... I have 7 lvl 50s across all factions (4 fed 1 kdf 2 rom) I can pump out about 200 Zen per day... then ec grind about a mil or 2 so just say 4 keys per day as a low average (not even trying with STFs tours etc.) All in about an hour of play so if you actually have the time and a little start up roll DOffs, dailies and a few events I can see an account making 20-25 mil in a day easy.. but as was mentioned playing the exchange and haing a little bank roll first would help a lot.
  • Options
    eugenesyseugenesys Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nccmark wrote: »
    I have made 10+ million in a 12 hour play-day...but only once or twice, on a weekend, with nothing I had to do in real life.

I wouldn't want to invest that kind of time regularly. My real life is worth more than fake currency in a game.

This other guy must be unemployed, no real world connections, etc in order to make 25 million ECs a day whenever he wants....and that assumes the claim is even true.

Not really
    You can ge 25m ec in under 30mins

The OP didn't mention the methodology, so someone can just input the 16 digits of his credit card, and convert $$$ into zen, then zen to dil or EC. Considering each key is 1.6m, it'll take 16 keys or about $18. For those whose time is more valuable than in game grinding...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    kintisho wrote: »
    Ec from Dil farming.... I have 7 lvl 50s across all factions (4 fed 1 kdf 2 rom) I can pump out about 200 Zen per day... then ec grind about a mil or 2 so just say 4 keys per day as a low average (not even trying with STFs tours etc.) All in about an hour of play so if you actually have the time and a little start up roll DOffs, dailies and a few events I can see an account making 20-25 mil in a day easy.. but as was mentioned playing the exchange and haing a little bank roll first would help a lot.
    at a price of 125 Dilithium per ZEN you need 25000 Dilithium to do that. In one hour?
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    arctcwolfarctcwolf Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    most times, players who grind multiple toons daily, as well as play the exchange, can make 25-100 mil on a friday, saturday, or sunday when most players are online.

say 6 toons, maxing out 8k dil a day...48k dil. trade that in for zen...130 dil per zen...takes approx. 150k dil to buy a 10 pack of keys. 3 days of grinding during the week to make 16 mil ec.

now add in trading the high value items like field generators, ship reward boxes, marion, stuff totaling more than 25 mil in value. thats where making an extra mil or 2 in a trade comes in, and then rinse n repeat.

I dont know anyone who could make a ton of money trading the regular items, and especially now that the prices have dropped significantly for many of them.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    arctcwolf wrote: »
    say 6 toons, maxing out 8k dil a day...48k dil. trade that in for zen...130 dil per zen...takes approx. 150k dil to buy a 10 pack of keys. 3 days of grinding during the week to make 16 mil ec.
    How?
    (in a reasonable time)

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yreodred wrote: »
    How?
    (in a reasonable time)

STF's, boff missions, gathering/buying enough contraband for the turn in contraband mission (using money from salvage drops from stfs). Its possible and requires at least 5 hours a day to do.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    STF's, boff missions, gathering/buying enough contraband for the turn in contraband mission (using money from salvage drops from stfs). Its possible and requires at least 5 hours a day to do.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong but it takes at least 2 hours to get 8000 dilithium with one character. (not counting contraband missions, since it doesn't seem to be very cost-efficient to me, because contraband has to be bought too.)

But as arctcwolf said he's doing that with 6 characters every day, that would be at least 12 hours of doing all the same EVERY DAY.

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Maybe i'm doing something wrong but it takes at least 2 hours to get 8000 dilithium with one character. (not counting contraband missions, since it doesn't seem to be very cost-efficient to me, because contraband has to be bought too.)

But as arctcwolf said he's doing that with 6 characters every day, that would be at least 12 hours of doing all the same EVERY DAY.

There's the usual dil route, which usually takes me about 45 mins to complete, tac or eng.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    There's the usual dil route, which usually takes me about 45 mins to complete, tac or eng.

The "usual" dilithium route...? :confused:

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    vadavianthulevadavianthule Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    recon2130 wrote: »
    Holy TRIBBLE! My head hurts!!

This is a game not the stock market although you wouldn't think it reading this post haha. From my basic understanding of what you lot just said I may try my hand :)

Thats what I was just thinking. Ill be trying some of these ideas when ive finished tagging epohh and my other dailies.
    Fleet Admiral Davian Thule.
    Kobayashi Crew.
    Dave@dangerousdave1701
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I was just testing.

1 Foundry mission - 1440 Dilithium Ore
    Traelus System - Satellite Repair - 480 Dilithium Ore
    Sh'mar - Distress Signal - 480 Dilithium Ore
    Defense Contract - 480 Dilithium Ore
    Aiding the Deferi (Daily) - 1440 Dilithium Ore
    Rescue Deferi Captives (Daily) - 480 Dilithium Ore
    Emancipation (Daily) - 480 Dilithium Ore
    Explore Strange New Worlds - 1440 Dilithium Ore
    Khitomer Vortex(Elite) - 960 Dilithium Ore

1hour 43 minutes - 7680 Dilithium Ore

If i would do this with 5 different Characters EVERY day i would get 38400 Dilithium Ore per day, which would take 8 hours and 35 minutes with doing the same stuff all day.
    Is there something important i'm missing?
    TBH i'm not in the mood to do the same stuff for 8 hours every single day, since i think a game should be fun (i know that sounds crazy, lol).

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    1 foundry mission - 1440dilithium ore - it takes less then 5 min
    1 ESTF - 980 dilithium ore - under 10 min.
    so do the foundry mission and after that run estfs. in additional you get marks and proccesors that can be changed in dilithium as well. the dilithium cap can be done in aprox 30 minutes if you have good groups for stfs to do them in 5-7min.
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    xepthrixepthri Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nice work.
    This topic might also be titled "What devs should nerf next so players don't earn so much"

And I can't even hit 1 million a day. So if anything here leads to any nerfs, well, ain't I a sad player?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    xepthri wrote: »
    Nice work.
    This topic might also be titled "What devs should nerf next so players don't earn so much"

And I can't even hit 1 million a day. So if anything here leads to any nerfs, well, ain't I a sad player?

You seriously think they are reading the forums?
    If they would, they should read other threads which are much more important than this one.

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    vadavianthulevadavianthule Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was just testing.

1 Foundry mission - 1440 Dilithium Ore
    Traelus System - Satellite Repair - 480 Dilithium Ore
    Sh'mar - Distress Signal - 480 Dilithium Ore
    Defense Contract - 480 Dilithium Ore
    Aiding the Deferi (Daily) - 1440 Dilithium Ore
    Rescue Deferi Captives (Daily) - 480 Dilithium Ore
    Emancipation (Daily) - 480 Dilithium Ore
    Explore Strange New Worlds - 1440 Dilithium Ore
    Khitomer Vortex(Elite) - 960 Dilithium Ore

1hour 43 minutes - 7680 Dilithium Ore

If i would do this with 5 different Characters EVERY day i would get 38400 Dilithium Ore per day, which would take 8 hours and 35 minutes with doing the same stuff all day.
    Is there something important i'm missing?
    TBH i'm not in the mood to do the same stuff for 8 hours every single day, since i think a game should be fun (i know that sounds crazy, lol).

You have missed the history of the fed question at starfleet academy that gives 480 dil in 2 mins. Yes you must get the answers correct to get the dil but all the correct answers are on the wiki under LORE so I have a shortcut saved. And if you do the spotlight foundry mission you get 2880 dil. Thats 8000 easy in 1hr 45. ]
    Fleet Admiral Davian Thule.
    Kobayashi Crew.
    Dave@dangerousdave1701
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    You have missed the history of the fed question at starfleet academy that gives 480 dil in 2 mins. Yes you must get the answers correct to get the dil but all the correct answers are on the wiki under LORE so I have a shortcut saved. And if you do the spotlight foundry mission you get 2880 dil. Thats 8000 easy in 1hr 45. ]

Thx, i knew i had forgotten something. :)

But doing all that 5 or 6 times each and every day, is just meh.

A tale of two Picards