test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A special dedication to Mr. Nimoy

kaiserrandy86#2366 kaiserrandy86 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I am sure we are all devastated by the news of the passing of Mr. Nimoy. He was one of the most important and iconic members of the Star Trek franchise. Today I hope his family finds condolence in knowing how much Mr. Nimoy touched so many across many generations with the love of Star Trek. His role as Spock sparked one of the largest sub-culture movements in history, leading to the creation of a Vulcan church and a movement by youth (mainly in California) to even undergo surgery to have Vulcan ears. I do not believe the franchise will be the same with the loss of Spock.

As such, I am asking that Star Trek Online create a new mission for all characters across all factions that is dedicated to Mr. Nimoy and, sadly, brings a close to Spock's life in the Trek Universe. I know that it is a costly endeavor, but believe it is only fitting and respectfuly, given that the man did a great deal of voice overs for this great game and has been a source of inspiration from youth to philosophers. Please consider this request and may Mr. Spock find peace in the ending of his long life.
Post edited by kaiserrandy86#2366 on

Comments

• Options
    baconmaesterbaconmaester Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am sure we are all devastated by the news of the passing of Mr. Nimoy. He was one of the most important and iconic members of the Star Trek franchise. Today I hope his family finds condolence in knowing how much Mr. Nimoy touched so many across many generations with the love of Star Trek. His role as Spock sparked one of the largest sub-culture movements in history, leading to the creation of a Vulcan church and a movement by youth (mainly in California) to even undergo surgery to have Vulcan ears. I do not believe the franchise will be the same with the loss of Spock.

As such, I am asking that Star Trek Online create a new mission for all characters across all factions that is dedicated to Mr. Nimoy and, sadly, brings a close to Spock's life in the Trek Universe. I know that it is a costly endeavor, but believe it is only fitting and respectfuly, given that the man did a great deal of voice overs for this great game and has been a source of inspiration from youth to philosophers. Please consider this request and may Mr. Spock find peace in the ending of his long life.

I fully support this +1 OP.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I second this idea of creating a special all faction mission to remember and as a dedication to Mr. Nimoy.

Also.. I would ask that a monument be placed on the Vulcan map for him as well.
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    At least Leonard Lived Long and Prospered, & now knows what God needs with a starship.
  • Options
    technical42ndtechnical42nd Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Spock is in the JJTrek Universe. As far as the Prime Universe is concerned Spock died when he took that red matter bomb into that star.
    MywB2KU.gif
    Official STARFLEET DENTAL Bug Hunter
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    I second this idea of creating a special all faction mission to remember and as a dedication to Mr. Nimoy.

Also.. I would ask that a monument be placed on the Vulcan map for him as well.

I'd like a monument to Spock as well!
  • Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Memorial for Mr Nimoy is taking place in game on Vulcan. Around 400 in 9 instances at this time.
  • Options
    executeur1983executeur1983 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    let remove fountain on vulcan system for statue of spock.
    is better than new place..
  • Options
    sebastioncanesebastioncane Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please Cryptic place a memorial statue or something in Honor of Mr. Spok
    on Volcan
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Signed for all the above comments.
    :(
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I fully support a memorial/monument on Vulcan, I thought that kind of thing would be an obvious action for someone involved in the game (after all, it was done for a deceased staff member at SFA)

I also fully support a mission dedicated to him, as well. It can be something as simple as helping with the unveiling/dedication of the Vulcan memorial for all I care. It seems fitting to have one as a nod to him.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,105 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Have the JJ trek verse fire his body back through the black hole so we can give him a burial.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Spock is in the JJTrek Universe. As far as the Prime Universe is concerned Spock died when he took that red matter bomb into that star.

Even more reason to have a memorial for Spock, since that's our perspective.
  • Options
    nachtfangennachtfangen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree with the OP - a dedication mission would be very well received.

I'm sure the Foundry authors are already hard at work on one, or several.

Likewise, a memorial on Vulcan, and in Vulcan orbit, would be a good gesture.

As for giving two tinkers about the TOS or Reboot Spock... who cares. I doubt Z. Quinto does; but he'll certainly be at the funeral with pretty much everyone else who even briefly crossed paths with Mr. Nimoy.

But, Craptic being Craptic - I don't expect much.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    roadghost wrote: »
    Memorial for Mr Nimoy is taking place in game on Vulcan. Around 400 in 9 instances at this time.

Though I can't be there.. count me in
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If they create something like that we need something for all the actors that have already passed away.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    quevvenquevven Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    If we are going to memorialize him, would we not need one where the Klingons and Romulans can reach? I think they have the Mutara Nebula in game. And Khitomer, too.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    quevven wrote: »
    If we are going to memorialize him, would we not need one where the Klingons and Romulans can reach? I think they have the Mutara Nebula in game. And Khitomer, too.

I'll say again, New Romulus where his student D'Tan is in charge, is the best possible central location.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    colonelsanderzcolonelsanderz Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Comon Cryptic.... please? And I agree 100% with Bridgern... there should be memorial plaques / statues for Scotty and Bones!
    ?
  • Options
    captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    20 full instances as of now. 11am PST. It's glad to see the community show there respects and mention the stuff that he did that made them laugh or cry or just enjoy his career.
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• Options
    foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I concur.

I want to see a dedication to Nimoy in the game, and a closing mission to end the final chapter of spock's life.
  • Options
    averyddaverydd Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    + 6x10*24

There needs to be a monument on Vulcan.

Please do something Cryptic!!!

LLAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Original Join Date May 2009 - Real 1000 Day Veteran
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    averydd wrote: »
    + 6x10*24

There needs to be a monument on Vulcan or an Episode where you interact with the Legend.

Please do something Cryptic!!!

LLAP

no no interaction.

IMO a monument is the perfect and only step needed.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wow... I can't believe he's gone. Not only did I love him in star trek, but I also enjoyed his narration on historical documentaries and such. Very unique voice. Will definitely miss him.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    averyddaverydd Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    no no interaction.

IMO a monument is the perfect and only step needed.

Edited my post as your right about no interaction.

Need a candle emote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Original Join Date May 2009 - Real 1000 Day Veteran
  • Options
    badfiremonkey4badfiremonkey4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree with everyone that STO should do some event to honor Mr. Nimoy....A diplomatic shuttle or Spok's White robes would be great.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jellyfish or new ship class Nimoy and a vulcan science veteran officer
  • Options
    josef615josef615 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes, a memorial on Vulcan would be a fitting tribute