What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RIP Leonard Nimoy

Comments

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Large crowds forming on Vulacn atm. Most heading to the Shirne. :)

That will be thing #2 that I do. I hope to see a massive number of instances open by US evening.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I really wish I had some meaningful words, but I don't.

Rest in peace, Leonard Nimoy. You'll never be forgotten.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think a memorial at starfleet academy would be in order

This is truely a sad day for sci fi fans the world over ive no words to express the sadness i have to find out leonard nimoy has passed away.

RIP Mr Nimoy :(
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't normally get too invested in actors/actresses.. but this one hurts.

R.I.P. Mister Spock.. you are gone but will never be forgotten.

One to beam up. :(
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    :(

Rest in peace Leonard, say hi to the Great Bird.

People like you never truly die, as your legacy will continue living in the hearts and minds of people all over the world forever.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There are no words I can truly say except for those he his famous for:

"Live Long & Prosper."
  • Options
    jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You will be missed. so sad to hear of a legend passing away.
  • Options
    seanhazz1seanhazz1 Member Posts: 54
    edited February 2015
    A true legend amongst us. RIP Spock! I hope a tribute/dedication is made in game for him.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    R.I.P. Mr Nimoy and Live Long and Prosper in Eternity. You will be missed and remembered.
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It was something that felt like it could happen anytime now, giving his age and health difficulty, but it still saddens me. :(

He will from now on only live in the memory of his family, friends and his fans. Let's never forget what impact he may had on our lives.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hate being right at times, this is one of those times. i stated over the past few months he was not likely to live for very long.

Never the less, Spock has joined McCoy in Paradise, sipping drinks with Nurse Chapel as well as Scotty. At least he has good friends there with him.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Who's the TRIBBLE blowing party balloons? :mad:

Have some class.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You entertained me when I was in desperate need of distraction. I am forever grateful.

Rest In Peace Mr Nimoy
    You will be missed.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited February 2015

... just read it. A big loss for all & a sad day.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Such a shame.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Who's the TRIBBLE blowing party balloons? :mad:

Have some class.

As I said in another thread, while some cultures and some individuals may take a celebration of life as something that should involve levity, I don't agree with foisting that in others in public without either a) the explicit wishes of the deceased (it is actually my own wish to have a largely upbeat funeral complete with full praise band) or b) that it take place in a private venue with like-minded people so that others can mourn without intrusion.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Truly saddening! This video is very fitting.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    As I said in another thread, while some cultures and some individuals may take a celebration of life as something that should involve levity, I don't agree with foisting that in others in public without either a) the explicit wishes of the deceased (it is actually my own wish to have a largely upbeat funeral complete with full praise band) or b) that it take place in a private venue with like-minded people so that others can mourn without intrusion.
    Definitely out of place and not appropriate on Vulcan.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Definitely out of place and not appropriate on Vulcan.

Agreed that fleet maps and Foundry--as in, private instances--would be FAR better for those wanting a more boisterous celebration, and more respectful.

• Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    To celebrate the life of the deceased with joy is not disrespectful. To disrupt those paying their respects in other ways is very disrespectful.
  • Options
    senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,256 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Blow taps and may his spirit soar with and beyond the first light and farthest star.
    His past moments are one with the either
    cosmic and true
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    To celebrate the life of the deceased with joy is not disrespectful. To disrupt those paying their respects in other ways is very disrespectful.

That's exactly my point. Using private instances would prevent said disruption.

• Options
    oninobyokioninobyoki Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm honored to say I met Mr. Nimoy in my youth. He was a kind man, very friendly. Of all the celebrities I have, and will ever meet, Mr. Nimoy will be my most cherished memory. My thoughts go out to his wife and surviving family.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's like losing a Teacher you loved and cared about
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    oninobyoki wrote: »
    I'm honored to say I met Mr. Nimoy in my youth. He was a kind man, very friendly. Of all the celebrities I have, and will ever meet, Mr. Nimoy will be my most cherished memory. My thoughts go out to his wife and surviving family.

Thanks for sharing that awesome memory.

I will be seeing the Star Trek live concert later this year...I am hoping they will do a tribute there.

• Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wow, sad news my little world just got a little smaller.

Please powers that be can we have a permanent Leonard/Spock memorial somewhere in the STO universe?
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    hpcapulethpcapulet Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    RIP Leonard Nimoy. We will miss you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010