test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it just me or does anyone else think this latest patch blows?

nh3rdnh3rd Member Posts: 65 Arc User
30min cool down on patrols = stupid.

Nerfing Plasma consoles so they don't boost plasma damage = stupid.

Damage based experience vs missions based = stupid.

In fact about the only benefit I see from all of this is atleast the UI isnt as messed up and the pvp **** measuring competition is coming back to life. But give it a week and some "hotfix" will take care of that.

So post your thoughts and lets see how long it takes to get locked yet AGAIN.
Post edited by nh3rd on

Comments

• Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nh3rd wrote: »
    But that was the source of the bug, or a source of one of the bugs.

And they still boost exotic plasma damage.
    So, your first two posts got locked?

And this is your third post ever?
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    nxmikenxmike Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe if people didn't exploit parts of this game the devs would have to make changes like this.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Funny how that works isn't it? :D I wouldn't even be here if I were able to be in game doing something productive rather than waiting on some kind of cool down.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So far the only thing that blows is that this patch caused my game to start randomly crashing again... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Increased CTD will have to add that to the list :P
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,537 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Before you leave, can I has your stuffs?

Per-system patrol lockout = prevents dil farming, and ought to shut up all the people whining about how they are "forced" to grind Arugula all day, every day for the spec points they "need"

Plasma doping nerf = good. It was a bug, now it is fixed. Earn your DPS, don't do space drugs!

Dil for everything = good!

More XP for most things = good!

Your opinion = I disagree!
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    maybe go and do a different patrol - xp gain should now be equivalent.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    nxmike wrote: »
    Maybe if people didn't exploit parts of this game...
    Huh?

You couldn't pay me to grind Argala, but I wouldn't deny it to people who were interested in completing their specializations as fast as possible.

It would have been a good patch if everything post patch was giving pre-patch Argala levels of skill points. That would still be a lengthy grind to pick up spec points.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    30min cool down on patrols = stupid.

Damage based experience vs missions based = stupid.

In fact about the only benefit I see from all of this is atleast the UI isnt as messed up and the pvp **** measuring competition is coming back to life. But give it a week and some "hotfix" will take care of that.

Your thread = stupid.

Cryptic posted a thread on the reasons for these changes, I am sorry you cannot use the forums in the manner it is intended to read about changes in the game.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Before you leave, can I has your stuffs?

Per-system patrol lockout = prevents dil farming, and ought to shut up all the people whining about how they are "forced" to grind Arugula all day, every day for the spec points they "need"

Plasma doping nerf = good. It was a bug, now it is fixed. Earn your DPS, don't do space drugs!

Dil for everything = good!

More XP for most things = good!

Your opinion = I disagree!

Dil grinding = waste of time when you can only refine 8500/day anyways, so don't care.

I don't run plasma but they could have taken the plasma proc off and accomplished the same thing without hurting people with a plasma build.

More xp for me less for the people i take with me to help them level. But I'm 60 and filled out commando intel and pilot already. And I could care less about the new command tree.

All it does is force me to go pug STFs because there is very little else to do except play the exchange.
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

In fact about the only benefit I see from all of this is atleast the UI isnt as messed up and the pvp **** measuring competition is coming back to life.

Ahhh, yes I still got my 'ruler' too... I gotta see where things stand. It's been a while. :D

Let the ego's flare up! Might visit ker'rat soon.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited February 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    So far the only thing that blows is that this patch caused my game to start randomly crashing again... :rolleyes:

Make that two of us.. only yesterday I had 4 client crashes, and one random pc reset while playing STO... not sure if STO was the cause, since it was the only thing running, 46 processes in my pc, but yeah... odd
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I asked in a global channel if they forgot to turn on double XP. If this is double XP, the grind is stronger.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Actually, apart from a change to Ionic Turbulence, I actually kinda liked the patch. :)

In fact, waxing optimistic for a moment, I cannot help but wonder whether maybe we're seeing the hand of the new EP at work here, focussing more on bug-fixes?! If so, I applaud that direction. If Cryptic did so on their own accord, I applaud that direction too!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,832 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Only thing I'm disappointed about is that they didn't change the proc...that plasma explosion sounded more useful than the now weak little dot.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Only thing I'm disappointed about is that they didn't change the proc...that plasma explosion sounded more useful than the now weak little dot.
    But that's a change that will come before the IP's anniversary, which is quite soon by Cryptic standards.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I give the patch a thumbs up.

The power tray lag is reduced (but sadly still present). And of course BOFFs are still going AWOL and I just fought through power tray resets as well. So those parts still need more work.

But all in all advancing my character in both XP and Dilithium (at the same time!) is now easier IMO. I'm seeing no downsides caused directly by this patch. I'm so pleased I even rewarded them by spending some money.
This discussion has been closed.