test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway Announcement!

Comments

• rocmistrocmist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All ships purchased from the "Z Store" are available account-wide; the only restriction would be your captain's faction (FED, KDF, ROM)

May not have been as clear in my original post...

As a veteran I get a VA token to unlock a c-store ship (from a range), this is a per-character unlock. I have 2 fed-characters with different VA token unlocks, I can't claim the other ship for free (as I have not "really" purchased them).

My query was, would I be able to "claim" (upgrade) them and make it an account unlocked or would I have to discard and reclaim it? (hopefully not losing the ability to reclaim it ... due to some bug!)

• sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't wanna pay Zero. He/she's never been nice to me.

:D

As a footnote. I hope the requirement to claim stuff will be aquired accolade points of 12800 and over... *Cheese*
    /Floozy
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rocmist wrote: »

As a veteran I get a VA token to unlock a c-store ship (from a range), this is a per-character unlock. I have 2 fed-characters with different VA token unlocks, I can't claim the other ship for free (as I have not "really" purchased them).

My query was, would I be able to "claim" (upgrade) them and make it an account unlocked or would I have to discard and reclaim it? (hopefully not losing the ability to reclaim it ... due to some bug!)

Claim the ships on the characters that don't have them right now. Otherwise you would indeed need to discard the ships, since an initial purchase gives the ship to you and you can't have two copies of the same ship at once.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rocmist wrote: »

Knowing the way the BUGS are in this game...

That may be something that we'll have to wait and see how it works, come next week.

It will also depend on whether or not They actually give-a-way any ships that qualify for that feature.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe I can finally get that Vulcan ship. would be fun. -completely useless for my character, but still. Me likes, me wants.
    /Floozy
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    daveyny wrote: »

That may be something that we'll have to wait and see how it works, come next week.

It will also depend on whether or not They actually give-a-way any ships that qualify for that feature.

They wouldn't loose many sales if they were to give away the Galaxy...... :D
    edited August 2013
    Maybe I can finally get that Vulcan ship. would be fun. -completely useless for my character, but still. Me likes, me wants.

The latest TRIBBLE Patch includes some up-dates to that particular ship...

Your idea may not be that far fetched.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't wanna pay Zero. He/she's never been nice to me.

As a footnote. I hope the requirement to claim stuff will be aquired accolade points of 12800 and over... *Cheese*

0---0
    0---0
    0---0
    ZERO
    0---0
    0---0
    0---0
    More ZERO
    0---0
    0---0
    0---0

I put a bunch of Zeroes into some Zeroes with some Zeroes in between.

And to be relevant...it has been answered.

THESE ARE ACCOUNT-WIDE FREE UNLOCKS. ONLY RESTRICTION IS YOUR FACTION/ROMMIES ALIGNMENT(BELOW TIER 5)!
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • rocmistrocmist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    Claim the ships on the characters that don't have them right now. Otherwise you would indeed need to discard the ships, since an initial purchase gives the ship to you and you can't have two copies of the same ship at once.

That makes sense for my fed characters; I only have 1 KDF character so hopefully it's a ship that I do not own.

Thank you for all your help qjunior and daveyny! :)
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The latest TRIBBLE Patch includes some up-dates to that particular ship...
    Thanks Captain Liverwust! I hadn't seen today's Tribble Release notes (somehow missed it in the Dev Tracker). My Vulcan Captain Suvok will be pleased to see these changes reach Holodeck!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    YES .... OUI ... SI ... JA ... SIM ... HAI ... DA

Is that clear enough??? ;)

ALL the ITEMS Given Away, are going to be just like BUYING STUFF FROM THE C-Store...

They will be ACCOUNT UNLOCKS...

Which means they are yours to use whenever you like on appropriate toons until you go away or the game dies.
    (neither of which I wish on anybody)

The Really Cool Part Though...

Is That They Won't Cost Anything!!!

Yeah, hadn't gotten that deep when I posted. Feel like an idiot. Can I blame it on being tired? Please?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rtk142 wrote: »
    So, here's a question. Let's say like Tuesday you give the Exeter, I claim it on one character and only one character that day. Two weeks from then, would I be able to claim it on other characters? If I dismiss it on the character I claimed it on would I be able to reclaim it two weeks later?

It's like other C-Store purchases, account wide. So you claim it on one character and you can turn right around and claim it on as many eligible characters as you want. Next day, next week, next month, next year ...
  • epoch9epoch9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's like other C-Store purchases, account wide. So you claim it on one character and you can turn right around and claim it on as many eligible characters as you want. Next day, next week, next month, next year ...

This, right here, is what makes this giveaway so awesome!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,438 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    While I agree the place would be spectacular as a Social Area...

It would also become THE HOT SPOT for a certain fleet to descend upon and create such havoc that even General Chang would avoid the place.

:eek:
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

If they're all gathered there raising Gre'thor, that means they're leaving the other social instances alone, yes? :D
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Again Thank you, this is going to be awesome.
    It's a FAAAAAKE!

No really? Really, really free???

Temba, his arms wide! :)
    SOKKATH....His eyes uncovered!!! :D
    BranFlakes hinted that there might be a ship of some kind as a gift.

He even said that it would be a multilayer type of gift, in that it would be Appropriate for EACH FACTION...

Meaning that it would be one that each faction could claim.

I'm guessing though that it might be only available to claim once.... so one would not be able to claim both a Fed ship AND a Klingon ship.
    We'll probably get the choice of one OR the other.
    To be clear. There are 5 giveaway days. And on days where the giveaway only effects one faction there will be an equivalent giveaway on the other side. And if you have characters on both sides, you will be able to acquire both.

No Romulan stuff sadly as they are too new.
    Well there is that signing over your immortal soul business in place of the claim button, but nothing to be concerned about. ;)

Seriously NICE!

I wonder if the Ferengi have a Devil. Seeing as how it's a race of contract cheats (or in some cases contract counter-cheats) he may be completely out of business by now.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope this free zen store stuff is told to ppl that dont visit the forums or the website i.e use email or some ingame method because i know alot of players that dont visit the forums or website at all and might miss out on this stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yay.... pvp-content via c-store for free ^^ :rolleyes:...
    nvm, really thx 4 that. :D
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

If they're all gathered there raising Gre'thor, that means they're leaving the other social instances alone, yes? :D

Oh boy! ...

Another Dream-weaver to join the club. ;)
    edited August 2013
    rtk142 wrote: »
    Yeah, hadn't gotten that deep when I posted. Feel like an idiot. Can I blame it on being tired? Please?

...yer forgiven... I'm big that way. <snort> ;)
  • baronvonhellerbaronvonheller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Personally, I don't care if they only give us cheapest items they have available at the C-store. It is still certainly a nice gesture, indeed. Thank you. :)
  • carbongripcarbongrip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Glad to see this as it will help calm some of the angry posters :D Hoping maybe there will be the ship with the point defence console given away. Also Community Manager please feel free to see the thread in my signature and comment anything you can as many are unsure what all the talk is we hear now and then;)
  • wuubbwuubb Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cant really say that cryptic hates us when they giveaway free stuff, whether its cheap or not:)
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Hmm, well that is interesting.

To say the least.. Very interesting indeed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps I am too cynical for my own good but I can't help but wonder, what is cryptic up to? I have a sneaky feeling that something is coming that the powers that be expect to be rather unpopular...

Or perhaps I have been watching too many Garak episodes of DS9.

That said, I shall look forward to this event with cautious optimism. :)
    I need a beer.

• farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow this is so awesome! Many thanks! I will be sure to check it out, to make sure I get in on this deal. With 4 characters, I will make use on this treat! :eek:
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have no idea what the free stuff is yet but I certainly cannot complain about FREE stuff!
    Thanks in advance, Cryptic.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps I am too cynical for my own good but I can't help but wonder, what is cryptic up to? I have a sneaky feeling that something is coming that the powers that be expect to be rather unpopular...

Or perhaps I have been watching too many Garak episodes of DS9.

That said, I shall look forward to this event with cautious optimism. :)

http://youtu.be/t02v9EUHs30?t=2m1s

http://youtu.be/PfZQLksfbVk?t=37s

or my personal favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf6rWH1H7iQ
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This looks FANTASTIC!

I really hope Cryptic put some Klingon exclusive items up for free. Some cool looking stuff that doesen't cost too much for free might tempt more into trying the other faction!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i wouldnt put it past cryptic since the new missions they are doing is about voyager that the free stuff is based on that the ship, uniform, etc ................ thats my guess and before summer over they have that teaser mission that shows us what we are in for .....:):D;)
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh, and the items get progressively higher in value throughout the week (Example: Monday, costume; Friday, ship) :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

why? Wheres the catch? Who in the right mind would do that? Is the marketing guy in vacantion lol :D