test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mission "Out of sight" (Installation 18) can't be completed **FIX IS LIVE!**

Comments

• tvmadoctvmadoc Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A player in game just told me that the Rinna bug is INTENTIONAL, placed in a misguided attempt to get "player cooperation". If this is true, are lifetime subs and zen transferable? I'd hate to leave all of those items on my character when I leave this game?
  • tvmadoctvmadoc Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WHY would the devs make it REQUIRED for the Feds/Klingons to have a Romulan, but not the Romulan to have anyone else? Romulan characters very frequently ignore requests to join and just finish the mission.

There is NO incentive for a Romulan to help, so often they do NOT. I have been playing this game for two weeks and was REALLY liking it. This just ended that. I am frustrated beyond belief and SERIOUSLY considering NEVER logging back in.

How do I transfer ZEN to another player? I have quite a bit. I'd also like to know if the lifetime sub could be transferred. It seems a waste to pay for it and only use it for two weeks.
  • nods3nods3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This quest is still bugged.
  • erasmuskravenerasmuskraven Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same thing here
    edited June 2013
    This is a bug, it's still there.

Why would they require a Romulan? Why would they require a Romulan and not mention it in the mission briefing? The player who told the poster above was mistaken obviously.

Suggestion: Rather than quit over one glitch, why don't you just drop the mission??
  • grayfaxgrayfax Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a bug, it's still there.

Why would they require a Romulan? Why would they require a Romulan and not mention it in the mission briefing? The player who told the poster above was mistaken obviously.

Suggestion: Rather than quit over one glitch, why don't you just drop the mission??

Dropping the mission does NOT fix the mission. The Dev's need to get off their collective flabby asses and fix the problems in the game. For every patch they put up[ they inevitably break a dozen other things and never fix them ie the bloody mail problem.

But that seems to be the MMO way these days. Rake in the money and TRIBBLE the players.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here. When did they break it?

I finished the mission before and wanted a rerun for some gear to test but it's a bit of a let down.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lonnie5000lonnie5000 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I came upon this bug last night. I dropped the mission and reacquired it several times and rinna will not beam up. This puts my character at a complete standstill. I cannot advance the story and I don't know any romulan characters that will help or team up with me. And after reading this almost whole thread this is almost two weeks old now? WTF?

This is not incentive to keep my subscription going. And I'm in my first month. Not boding to well. :mad:
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I gotta say I'm pretty shocked that this bug still exists. I mean it is rather glaring.

Switch the dialogue to have it say, "We're gonna get you to the Romulan Republic...someone has been looking for you." Acknowledgment of the Romulan side story where they state that they're asking around looking for her.

As it stands now, we're jammed on objectives and teaming with a Romulan player is a work around, not a solution.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • alexanderd12alexanderd12 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, this is pretty bad. Glad I'm not the only one, though. Tried this mission several times, but no luck. Guess I'm just going to have to drop this storyline until there is a fix...:(
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got through with my Rommy. But my level 25 Fed is stuck
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • jdub913jdub913 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've had the same issue as a Fed and Klingon character. My Romulan character had no problem at all.
    edited June 2013
    grayfax wrote: »
    Dropping the mission does NOT fix the mission. The Dev's need to get off their collective flabby asses and fix the problems in the game. For every patch they put up[ they inevitably break a dozen other things and never fix them ie the bloody mail problem.

But that seems to be the MMO way these days. Rake in the money and TRIBBLE the players.

No of course it doesn't fix the mission. I didn't say it did. I merely asked why they would do it on purpose. I also suggested that 1 bug in 1 mission is a ridiculous reason to quit a game. Perhaps being as old and decrepit as I am has mellowed me out.

As to their "flabby asses". Really? Name calling always gets results.

Not that I don't have issues myself with Cryptic's games. I've taken to stacking up Lock Boxes to see if they'll ever topple over and break open without a stupid key. I honestly don't see getting crew packs as being a prize worth spending money on.
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same for me. Yet another bug in this super buggy game.
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    why don't you try sending a bug into the support team about this and they will try to sort this out :)
    I'm so happy :D
    edited June 2013
    No of course it doesn't fix the mission. I didn't say it did. I merely asked why they would do it on purpose. I also suggested that 1 bug in 1 mission is a ridiculous reason to quit a game. Perhaps being as old and decrepit as I am has mellowed me out.

As to their "flabby asses". Really? Name calling always gets results.

Not that I don't have issues myself with Cryptic's games. I've taken to stacking up Lock Boxes to see if they'll ever topple over and break open without a stupid key. I honestly don't see getting crew packs as being a prize worth spending money on.

It was never meant as a slam against you and I apologize if you took it that way. It was just a reiteration of what had be said over and over again throughout this entire 2 week old thread.

As for 1 bug being a reason to quit a game I agree it is ridiculous.

However the rate this crew fixes problems is pathetically slow to almost non existent. I can understand taking time to fix certain anomalies, but one that is a game stopper. Not fixing that is just plain ignorant.

And to your self description of being " old and decrepit"... Right there with you... Just hit the 60 last month.... Yeah I still game...

As for the "flabby asses" comment. I worked IT and Dev for years. Sitting at a desk does have a tendency to spread one's TRIBBLE to a significant size larger than it was when it was first placed in the chair when hired.
    edited June 2013
    why don't you try sending a bug into the support team about this and they will try to sort this out :)

Dozens of bug reports have been sent... In Game requests for help have been sent...

They just do not give a TRIBBLE because some brilliant person came up with a work around. Just call a Romulan buddy to do the quest with you...

Well not everyone has a Rommie they can call on. And that is not a fix.
  • mayyhemmmayyhemm Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So is that episode unfinishable since Rinna won't transport out?
  • jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mayyhemm wrote: »
    So is that episode unfinishable since Rinna won't transport out?

that's right. You must be paired up with a RR character that have Tovan as part of the RR's away team.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unless you have a Romulan character in a team with you (unless this has changed recently, I've been on Risa since Thursday), it cannot be completed.
  • nighty83nighty83 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It seems to me that CS has missed out several important dialogue mission triggers! For example I don't remember seeing "You MUST deactivate all the alarms IN order to proceed with the mission".
  • mayyhemmmayyhemm Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wow that is....shiiiiity....coz due to the way they do the episodes i can't do anymore till that one is done... and knowing cryptic it will be a 2013 christmas gift for that to get fixed.... yay cryptic...
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    team up with a romulan thats allied to your fction and have them certain to have Tovan Kev on their team..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • wayotwolfwayotwolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rinna Khev is still bugged for Federation. She does not beam out with the other test subjects.
  • wayotwolfwayotwolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rinna Khev does not beam out after talking to her. The rescue test subjects part gets stuck at 3/4. This apparently works for Romulan players with Tovan Khev but doesn't for Federation or KDF players.
  • pauliewok64pauliewok64 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi

Can anyone help me here...Im in the episode of installation 18 whereas I am the point Im lost here...I need to free four test people however, Im having trouble releasing Rinna Kev..she would transport or leave at all..all the enemies are gone and I have cleared the laboratories..what am I doing wrong. I would like to complete this episode.

Thanks!!

Paulie
  • celavazmycelavazmy Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thats known issue, the Devs are working on it.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi

Can anyone help me here...Im in the episode of installation 18 whereas I am the point Im lost here...I need to free four test people however, Im having trouble releasing Rinna Kev..she would transport or leave at all..all the enemies are gone and I have cleared the laboratories..what am I doing wrong. I would like to complete this episode.

Thanks!!

Paulie

known issue. only workaround right now is to play it with a romulan who has tovan khev with then.
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've encountered the same problem as of yesterday. I'm glad I figured out it was a bug and didn't try to do it over and over again.

The whole Nimbus storyline appears to be built for Romulans, without much thought into Fed or KDF players doing it. When I first appeared in orbit, my female first officer started to talk with Tovan Khev's voice, the Romulan "default" first officer. While that was pretty damn funny, it shows that they need to work on compatibility with the other factions.
  • predatorlfcpredatorlfc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just got to this mission.

Rinna Khev will not beam out and now mission cannot proceed. Stupid bug!