test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mission "Out of sight" (Installation 18) can't be completed **FIX IS LIVE!**

Comments

• nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As posted in another thread it seems like the script is bugged. She's waiting for Tovan to reply (Her brother), but he's a BOFF only available to Romulan characters.

So basically it's broken for Federation and Klingon characters.

Supposedly it's working if you run the mission together with a romulan player.

If this is so then thats absolutely shocking QA. Or rather none existant QA and version control.
    server_hamster6.png
  • mersemerse Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So this issue is there for 4-5 days, affect thousands of players and the devs doesn't even bother to deal with it. Nicely played....
  • lronflstlronflst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    At least i can confirm, that after having the same bug of Rinna Khev getting stuck, that the mission CAN BE FINISHED correctly, if you TEAM UP with a Romulan player.

I don't know, if it is necessary to have Rovan Khev (rom boff) with you, but we did.

Worked fine for my Federation character.
  • progenitor27progenitor27 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is anyone else having this problem and if so, how do I fix it? On the mission "Installation 18", all the other test subjects will beam out happily, but Rinna Khev seems to be fused with the bed when she gets up and will not beam out with the others. I genuinely don't know what to do! :eek:
  • vendincevendince Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's tons of threads on the subject.

That part of the mission is broken for non-Romulans. What you need to do is find someone with a Romulan character, and the duty officer Tovan Khev. Team up with them, take Tovan along, and he will talk to her, allowing her to leave. She's stuck because he's not there to initiate the conversation before she beams up.
  • meandmymulemeandmymule Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did this mission before the server maintenance last Monday with my main character with no problems. I've been trying to complete it today with no avail. I will try the Romulan teammate thing but this issue is really annoying. Its a major glitch on a main storyline. I guess they will have to patch the game to fix it.
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is a big thread in the bug reports section made up of many other smaller ones like this. The devs are aware and are looking at it. :)
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The work around is to take help of a romulan player. I asked one of my fleet mates to help me out with this mission after i failed 4 times.
    Once upon a time in galaxy far far away......
  • plisskensonplisskenson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tried it last night and this morning, I have the same problem.
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well my klingon BO sounded like tovan knev that was set before freeing the pirates its the mission where you take on Hassan in space !!!

Cryptic is on vacation or they just don't know how to deal with it !!!:(:(:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are more bugs several weeks old now and still not adressed .....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
    edited June 2013
    The devs are looking into it. But in the meantime, get a Romulan to help you. You need to have her brother Tovan Khev in team because he has a conversation with her. And since non-Romulans don't have him, it hangs. But as long as one person has Tovan, it will proceed as normally. I can confirm it. I've helped people with it before.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Khev seems to be Romulan for "whiny annoying jerk"
    Live long and Prosper
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,435 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Khev seems to be Romulan for "whiny annoying jerk"
    No, that's "sollvax".
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Strange, I did the mission at least with two Feds right after LoR was released and didn't have any problems.o_O

Sollvax, could you kindly stop highjacking threads with your irrational hatred of gift horses. It's more than enough that you make your own threads about your strange fetish (punching dead gift horses in the mouth).
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • landerx74927landerx74927 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This has been reported like 100 times already in a different thread. I think they know by now. Take comfort that it's not just you having this problem.
  • corporaljonescorporaljones Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wished it was sorted out as i cannot continue quest line.
    edited June 2013
    Actually, you can get past it. Team with a Romulan who has Tovan Khev as a bridge officer. If he's present, it will work.
  • historiphilehistoriphile Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here. Fed, trying to do Installation 18, and I must have tried about 6 times but it keeps hanging up on Rinna Khev. No workarounds available. Mission cannot be completed.

Submitted ticket #1,821,006 about this.
  • borisvodikaborisvodika Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    If this is so then thats absolutely shocking QA. Or rather none existant QA and version control.

Once again the internet has no idea what QA does. They find the bugs, they dont fix the bugs, they are not developers. You have no idea have many bugs QA did or did not find.

PS skip the mission, keep it in your in progress tab. Finish the mission when it gets patched, wtf is the problem?
  • kingofhearts81kingofhearts81 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wtf is the problem?

Your attitude for one.
  • rombanarombana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here, stop playing till u fix that bug.

BTW: I submitted ticket too ;)
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Team with a romulan
    Live long and Prosper
    edited June 2013
    Until it get fixed, the workaround is to get a Romulan to team up with. That Romulan needs to bring Tovan Khev. She's waiting for her little chat with her brother, and since he's only available for Romulans...it sucks, but at least there's a workaround.
  • nanuq9653nanuq9653 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did this mission before the server maintenance last Monday with my main character with no problems. I've been trying to complete it today with no avail. I will try the Romulan teammate thing but this issue is really annoying. Its a major glitch on a main storyline. I guess they will have to patch the game to fix it.

This worked for me as well.

I invited a Romulan char to my team and was able to complete the mission.
  • tvmadoctvmadoc Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nanuq9653 wrote: »
    This worked for me as well.

I invited a Romulan char to my team and was able to complete the mission.

Any Romulan characters that would be interested in helping a Fed character? I'm trapped at this bug as well (should be still outside the entrace after log out).

I have a Romulan character (although only level 14 I think) that could join your Fed if needed.
  • borisvodikaborisvodika Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your attitude for one.

For one what?
  • alphafax#6464 alphafax Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This mission can be completed if you team up with a Romulan Captain that's aligned with your faction.

I spent a good 30-40 minutes helping people complete this mission with my level 50 Fed-Romulan character today, asking only that one of them do the same for me in return. Until Cryptic can get around to fixing this problem, if you're in a position where you can do what I did, I humbly ask you to do the same. You'll make the day of so many people.
  • klaggklagg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i can't seem to progress after talking to Rinna Khev. She won't beam to the ship.
  • dredster1dredster1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are we sure that they're looking into it? I submitted a ticket yesterday about it and I got an email today:

"Based on the information you've provided your issue may be the result of a currently unknown game play bug. While we understand you would like us to be able to resolve your issue quickly, some issues require further development from departments outside our control and cannot be resolved by a GM."

Granted, it's probably a canned reply, but one would think that it would be known within the support community. Unless they don't communicate effectively.