test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mission "Out of sight" (Installation 18) can't be completed **FIX IS LIVE!**

alcmaeonidaealcmaeonidae Member Posts: 61 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
1) After finishing the ground portion of the mission, I beamed back to my ship to confront Hakeev's fleet. Before accepting Hakeev's communication I decided to launch some fighters. Doing this minimized the communication box. When I was ready to talk to Hakeev, I saw that there were two communications options to choose from. One was labeled "Ops", and lead to the talk with Hakeev.

The other was labeled "Hassans System Wide Hail". This option brought up Hassan's message from "Undying", which was a couple missions back. It doesn't belong in "Installation 18".

2) My character is a Fed Vice Admiral, not a Romulan. After defeating Hakeev's fleet, my human tactical officer gave me dialog clearly meant for Romulan bridge officer Tovan Khev. The dialog box mentioned finding Rinna Khev alive, that is was more than my tactical officer could have asked for, and we could take her safely back to the flotilla.

3) Franklin Drake gave me a singularity core as a mission reward. I imagine Federation (and Klingon) characters should get a warp core instead.
Post edited by alcmaeonidae on

Comments

• fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) After finishing the ground portion of the mission, I beamed back to my ship to confront Hakeev's fleet. Before accepting Hakeev's communication I decided to launch some fighters. Doing this minimized the communication box. When I was ready to talk to Hakeev, I saw that there were two communications options to choose from. One was labeled "Ops", and lead to the talk with Hakeev.

The other was labeled "Hassans System Wide Hail". This option brought up Hassan's message from "Undying", which was a couple missions back. It doesn't belong in "Installation 18".

2) My character is a Fed Vice Admiral, not a Romulan. After defeating Hakeev's fleet, my human tactical officer gave me dialog clearly meant for Romulan bridge officer Tovan Khev. The dialog box mentioned finding Rinna Khev alive, that is was more than my tactical officer could have asked for, and we could take her safely back to the flotilla.

3) Franklin Drake gave me a singularity core as a mission reward. I imagine Federation (and Klingon) characters should get a warp core instead.

Beat me to it- yes I was going to mention this - the mission reward cannot be used by anybody but rommies that I could see.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When two friends and I tried to do that mission on Nimbus, it bugged out and did not register as completed for one of the players.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea i running it now and its bugged once you get off elevator and kill 1st few npc's thats it, the two lab doors down the hall wont open. They make the weird sound like weapons fire from inside.

Had to drop mission and repeat it, now seems to be working
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do we really have to save Salmek, we all know what a backstabbing traitor he is. can we kill him now and save us the headache later....
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • martok16martok16 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After continuing the 'Wasteland' episode, mission 'Goto Installation 18', I did after fighting of a worm, I get to installation 18, and there's nothing to do to there, I walked a complete 360 around the installation, and nothing, no shimmering entrance, no pop up, but the mini map shows I'm at the right place.

I have even used my tricorder to scan for anomalies, but nothing.
  • tabzentabzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    martok16 wrote: »
    After continuing the 'Wasteland' episode, mission 'Goto Installation 18', I did after fighting of a worm, I get to installation 18, and there's nothing to do to there, I walked a complete 360 around the installation, and nothing, no shimmering entrance, no pop up, but the mini map shows I'm at the right place.

I have even used my tricorder to scan for anomalies, but nothing.

did you try completing a mission that pops up .. cause that happened to me and in the missions it says to contact someone and then it gives a option to go inside
  • martok16martok16 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no other mission shown.

I just now tried the entire 'Wasteland' episode again, and when I get to 'Go to installation 18', I go there and there's nothing to do.
  • hexwrenchhexwrench Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi,

there seems to be a bug in Installation 18 (after taking the elevator).
    There is only door that opens (inside this room you have to disable the alarm).
    All other doors are locked (but you can see enemies in the room on the minimap).

This one rooms doesn't seem to be enough for completing the quest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi,
    I had the same thing., but i replaid the mission and then in the first room there is a console which needs to be activated..
    goodluck
  • kallan#4113 kallan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same issue, the mission out of sight is broken. Only one door will open.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I completed it fine
    JtaDmwW.png
  • mrmorphmrmorph Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ya i cant get past after turning off alarm, no other doors open except the room with the alarm, is this where this console is because i see nothing i can interact with.
  • mrmorphmrmorph Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    figured it out there are 2 alarms - 1 in first room you enter across walkway, shut that down then mission progresses.
  • kstanley1976kstanley1976 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Upon starting the installation 18 mission on Nimbus 3 soon as you leave the elevator the npcs arrive but I'm not able to progress through the mission, I can only disable the alarm, nothing else.
  • wonderboyearth11wonderboyearth11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im also having the problem with the doors, Also,about every other time I start the mission my crew doesnt appear with me
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Elachi who kills himself in a cutscene during the mission is still there after the cutscene is over. (Tried to do in-game bug report but it could not connect.)
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just encountered a couple more bugs in the same mission.

1. After the fight with Hakeev Tovan pops up with a voice-acted message and part of the VO does not match the text dialog. He talks about taking Rinna back to the flotilla but the text says New Romulus. (At this point in time, New Romulus would make more sense then the flotilla, so the text is probably right and the voice-over wrong.)

2. If you say not now or just close the message from Tovan, there are 2 Ops buttons. One is the message you just closed, and one that is a different message from Tovan (without VO) talking about the destruction of the fleet but not mentioning Rinna and, at least for me, he seems to be on a Klingon bridge. (Am a KDF Rom flying a Mogai at this time.)
  • bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, kstanley1976;

This is the bug section for the foundry. A tool where STO players can create their own Star Trek experience.

To report bugs on content... You can try either Romulan Gameplay or the Feature Episode and Events forum.
  • thekierlanthekierlan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually there does seem to be a bug to this.

If you go into the first room and do not disable the alarm and get attacked by the reinforcements the mission basically "fails" but you get no fail message and can continue into the base.

Exiting the base and re-entering it and disabling the alarm before they beam in however allows you to continue normally.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    2 critical bugs

1) My companions vanished after I entered elevator and got stuck in walls

2) All doors closed after I shut off alarm ... completely not able to make any progress.

Anyone have some suggestions? I reset the mission and dropped and added it back. I beamed out and then beamed back in.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • xliticiaxxliticiax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems I have the same issue here, although my officers are still with me okay. Have tried everything you tried but to no avail =/ don't know what else to suggest really, sorry! Just have to wait till they fix it I guess :(

Edit: mine seems to be working now, mission seemed to reset itself somehow or something lol
  • vincirevincire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue. unable to complete mission.
  • eugenesyseugenesys Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. All doors closed. cannot progress.
    Can't even shut off alarm
  • alwynaalwyna Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just found a helpful note in another thread (thx to mrmorph and thekierlan):
    You have to deactivate the alarm in the first room you enter after you left the elevator. If you don?t the mission obviously fails without giving notice. Just tried it a second time and it worked fine. After deactivating the alarm you?re also able to hack the computer in the same room - after that the mission will progress.
  • dtranquildtranquil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pretty much you MUST shut of the first alarm or one it go's off the missions a fail without notifying you.

Same can happen with the third alarm that it can cause a complete fail
  • booa11booa11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    doors are broke in the lab for me as well ,
    despite all the minor bugs im a absolutely loving this romulan thing.
    considering the other mmos ive played ,this one doing quite well for a new release
    thier usually barely playable ,upon release
    that dc one still hasn't fixed first release bugs like 2/3 years later
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited June 2013
    I too got 'trapped' in infiltrate installation 18. could got out of elevator down below, shot a few npc's and now only door to control room open, labs are locked out. going back to first room outside elevator no panel seen to disable alarm.
    edited June 2013
    alwyna wrote: »
    Just found a helpful note in another thread (thx to mrmorph and thekierlan):
    You have to deactivate the alarm in the first room you enter after you left the elevator. If you don?t the mission obviously fails without giving notice. Just tried it a second time and it worked fine. After deactivating the alarm you?re also able to hack the computer in the same room - after that the mission will progress.

thx will try restarting the mission and see if that fixes it.
    edited June 2013
    Upon starting the installation 18 mission on Nimbus 3 soon as you leave the elevator the npcs arrive but I'm not able to progress through the mission, I can only disable the alarm, nothing else.

I too got 'trapped' in infiltrate installation 18. could got out of elevator down below, shot a few npc's and now only door to control room open, labs are locked out. going back to first room outside elevator no panel seen to disable alarm.

someone else on another thread suggested restarting and disarming the alarm in the first room outside the elevator before proceeding further otherwise the mission is a bust. try it.
  • tarses291tarses291 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, there is a bug. Unless you disable the alarm in the first room you can't complete vital stages further on, but it doesn't let you go back and disable it later.