test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mission "Out of sight" (Installation 18) can't be completed **FIX IS LIVE!**

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dredster1 wrote: »
    Granted, it's probably a canned reply, but one would think that it would be known within the support community. Unless they don't communicate effectively.
    The canned response is correct... GMs don't write code, and therefore, can't do anything to correct the issue. Now Bug tickets (unlike GM Tickets) go directly into the Dev's Bug tracking database... And you will never get a response to a Bug ticket, as Dev's are paid to fix bugs, and not for account management or public relations...
  • skatezillaskatezilla Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Under the Cover Of Night (the mission or 2 after this one) is also bugged, (I Decided to SKIP Installation 18)

You get to T'Par and you click talk and nothing happens, she repeats the same bubble conversation with the romulan that you killed.

Also, ALOT of my drops I can even pick up, regardless of a empty inventory.
  • vendincevendince Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I ought to save this to a text file so I can cut and paste it in each and every of the double-digit number of threads on this subject:

The workaround is to team up with a Romulan who brings Tovan Khev. There's Romulans in zone on Nimbus offering to team.

Also, read the thread, perhaps?
  • fidelstixfidelstix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Could some brave officer type out a brief explanation of how exactly to create a team with the intent of asking for help?

Every time I offer money, they are the wrong affiliation...so I want to make a team that spells out my needs.
  • drugarrdrugarr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    klagg wrote: »
    i can't seem to progress after talking to Rinna Khev. She won't beam to the ship.

I have the same problem with Rinna Khev. After her release, she didnt transport.
  • tvmadoctvmadoc Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    klagg wrote: »
    i can't seem to progress after talking to Rinna Khev. She won't beam to the ship.

I have sporadic hours in game, but please let me know if you really need to finish this quest. If you can help me to get to the installation I can help you with my level 14 Romulan Federation aligned player.

I'll need some notice as I am in Romulan space at the moment...

My level 25 Fed character is bugged, so if anyone can return the favor I'd be much obliged.
  • avalon91211avalon91211 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Ok so after i scanned the rooms, i needed to help 4 test subjects escape. Then i come into the room, killed the guards, disabled the alarm, and started to free them, but one of the people is bugged. I talked to her, she stands up and the does nothing. With the 3 other people it worked, but not with her. Her name is Rinna Khev, if that helps with anything.

Ive restarted the mission 3 times now, and its still the same...."

I seem to be having the sane problem. Has anyone brought this to Cryptic's attention and/or can you finish the mission?
  • xeevoxeevo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll help for any help! I have been stuck on this for days.....
    Level 26 Fed.
    edited June 2013
    I'll help for any help. Been stuck on this for days....Lvl. 26 Fed
  • ithinielithiniel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well it is a quite troublesome glitch. 1 of te main reasons I enjoy this game so much is the amazing story telling. And the flying and shooting in Starships is satisfying aswell ;-).
    Well i hope you get this fixed soon since this is my first character and really dont feel like starting a new one just yet just to contineu enjoying the story.
    edited June 2013
    ithiniel wrote: »
    Well it is a quite troublesome glitch. 1 of te main reasons I enjoy this game so much is the amazing story telling. And the flying and shooting in Starships is satisfying aswell ;-).
    Well i hope you get this fixed soon since this is my first character and really dont feel like starting a new one just yet just to contineu enjoying the story.

Xeevo, let me know if you're going to be online around noon Pacific time. I may get a chance to log in with my Romulan character and might be able to swing by to join you. I think that I'm only leve 17, so I wouldn't be much help-but then again I wasn't having any difficulty with my Fed doing it solo anyway.
  • captainkittcaptainkitt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did not have the problem with the door but when you talk to rinna khev she doesn't do anything. i talked to her at least 5 times and she says the same thing: take me home. when you say lets get you out of here nothing happens.
    edited June 2013
    Is anyone currently online, Romulan that can help my Fed or Fed that needs my Romulan to join?
    edited June 2013
    tvmadoc wrote: »
    Is anyone currently online, Romulan that can help my Fed or Fed that needs my Romulan to join?

Sorry I missed you today...was working in the backyard....
    anyways, I'll check back more often. I am in So.Cal., so Pacific time is perfect here. I have to give a friend a ride at 1700 hours, but will check in soon after if you still can help!
  • ouroborosinouroborosin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Signed. Same issue. I'm stuck with nebula exploration and doffs if I want to level.
  • elscotty42elscotty42 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am having the same problems with Rianna Siev not beaming out. Currently I am KDF.
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, you can get around this one by teaming up with somebody running with a Tovan (ie a Romulan captain).

You can also skip the mission in the mission journal, under Episodes, and continue in the story missions that way.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lvl 50 Fed, Rinna not beaming out.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • nyveknyvek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Level 25 KDF character

Mission: Installation 18
    Submission: Out of Sight
    Task: Help Test Subject (?/4)

Issue: 3 test subject will beam out after discussion,
    4th test subject (Rinna Khev) does not bean out after discussion.

results: unable to move forward with mission.

Has a work around / fix been circulated for this as of yet?
  • hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited June 2013
    Yep Rinna gets stuck and cant beam out.
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • davitto1davitto1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let's hope the Rhinna bug gets fixed in this latest maintenance. I can't see any mention of it in the patch notes, but we can still hope.
  • vendincevendince Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nyvek wrote: »
    Level 25 KDF character

Mission: Installation 18
    Submission: Out of Sight
    Task: Help Test Subject (?/4)

Issue: 3 test subject will beam out after discussion,
    4th test subject (Rinna Khev) does not bean out after discussion.

results: unable to move forward with mission.

Has a work around / fix been circulated for this as of yet?

Yes, the commonly circulated workaround is to team up with a Romulan character for the mission. Rinna does not beam up because she's waiting to talk with her brother, who is a Romulan only BOFF.

The teamed Romulan should bring the bridge officer Tovan Khev, who is Rinna's brother. I haven't tried without bringing him, but can confirm that bringing him as a teamed Romulan does work.

As for how to find a Romulan who is allied with your own faction? Ask either in zone on Nimbus or on the forums, or ask your friends. Should be some kicking around somewhere.
  • fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    that is a option that is difficult to do.chances of finding a rommie around when you need one are very low.they need to fix this!
    edited June 2013
    Nope just tried it, the maintenance patch didn't fix Rinna. Still fubar'd.
    edited June 2013
    davitto1 wrote: »
    Nope just tried it, the maintenance patch didn't fix Rinna. Still fubar'd.

Thanks for the update, been standing outside installation 18 for 15 min, trying to decide if I should go in or not.....
    edited June 2013
    xeevo wrote: »
    Thanks for the update, been standing outside installation 18 for 15 min, trying to decide if I should go in or not.....

Nope, will need to /Zone and ask for a Fed Rommie to come help.
    edited June 2013
    Just completed Installation 18. I waited outside the installation for a while until someone came by and asked why she couldn't complete it. I told her the romulan bug, and she had a romulan friend log on. She allowed me to join her team for the help. It worked!
    edited June 2013
    Another maintenance patch scheduled for 0700 - 0900 UTC. With any luck *this* one will fix the bug.
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dissapointed, I cannot complete Installation 18 because all the people won't beam up, specifically, Rhina Khev, she refuses to beam up so the mission can't be finished. This has been going on for weeks, no solution, no fix, still broken, dissapointed no patch for Thursday that fixes this. How am I supposed to finish Installation 18?
  • sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I had to skip this mission on my fed character. I'm guessing only the Roms can complete it?