test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

romulan dreadnought pack close to being ready? [It's out! Please use feedback thread]

Comments

• pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's official now, incoming 3-pack of Romulan Dreadnought Warbird. :D

Nothing left but the details and stats coming Monday. ;)
  • ooiueooiue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pyryck wrote: »
    It's official now, incoming 3-pack of Romulan Dreadnought Warbird. :D

Nothing left but the details and stats coming Monday. ;)

of which, we know half of anyways xD
    Play my missions on Holodeck!
    Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
    Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
    Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
  • ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's what I think the stats on the Dreadnoughts are likely to be. I had the fortune of following playing with a scimitar on tribble and that as well as leaked info (consoles, hangars, etc,) will be what I used to derive these stats. I will not include BOff slotting.

Hull - 45,000
    Crew - 2,500
    Weapons - 5 fore, 3 aft
    Consoles - Tac - 3 eng, 2 sci, 5 tac
    Consoles - Eng - 4 eng, 2 sci, 4 tac
    Consloes - Sci - 3 eng, 4 sci, 3 tac
    Turn rate - 5.5 degrees per second - 7-7.5 with set bonus
    Shield modifier - 1.0
    Impulse modifier - 0.15
    Hangar Bays - 1
    Battle Cloak
    Consoles http://imgur.com/a/u7hdR

We will see the official stats monday
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • magitek3magitek3 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ajma420 wrote: »
    Here's what I think the stats on the Dreadnoughts are likely to be. I had the fortune of following playing with a scimitar on tribble and that as well as leaked info (consoles, hangars, etc,) will be what I used to derive these stats. I will not include BOff slotting.

Hull - 45,000
    Crew - 2,500
    Weapons - 5 fore, 3 aft (also may be 4/4)
    Shield modifier - 1.0
    Impulse modifier - 0.15
    Hangar Bays - 2
    Battle Cloak

Based on the gateway screenshots, the Tac version is 3Sci/2Eng/5Tac. Based on the youtube, it appears to have only one hangar.

Maybe they'll change up the formula. Make the Engi version be 4/4 with less maneuverability but more durability and an additional console slot or two. The Sci version could be 4/3 but come with two hangar bays and subsystem targeting.
  • avengerkid1993avengerkid1993 Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nice ... very very nice !
    I have to admit: I was wrong, it is really a fine ship.
  • stongbadsstongbads Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There was some discussion on Tribble from players flying them, its all but confirmed 5/3 and 1 hanger, which is not a bad thing, she is a predator after all.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    We have known the Scimitar would be a playable C-Store ship since before LOR even launched, so your are totally wrong about this.

Dan confirmed it in online chat the day LOR Beta came out, and Al confirmed it in an interview that same week.

Since the available evidence says otherwise and you've offered no proof of your claim, I remain skeptical.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ajma420 wrote: »

Hull - 45,000
    Crew - 2,500
    Weapons - 5 fore, 3 aft
    Shield modifier - 1.0
    Impulse modifier - 0.15
    Hangar Bays - 1
    Battle Cloak

I would think the schimitar would be more sci leaning than eng for consoles. Not sure why i think that, but I do.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,862 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There was some discussion on Tribble from players flying them, its all but confirmed 5/3 and 1 hanger, which is not a bad thing, she is a predator after all.

I swore on the podcast linked earlier the woman said the Scimitar has two hangers...
  • captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In your dreams, its got a turn rate of 3. I would pay twice as much for the 3 pack if it had 5.5 turn rate.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    varnoukh wrote: »
    Since the available evidence says otherwise and you've offered no proof of your claim, I remain skeptical.

Since you haven't provided any proof of your claim, I will stick to you being wrong.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I wasn't privy to this conversation, so I hope your wrong or that the people on tribble can't test all versions and there is at least a version with 2 hangers...
    Becuase I mean I understand 2 hangers and 5 forward guns seems abit powerful and 3 back guns( i can see weapon power issues with this though and note full aux is really needed to take advantage of fighter dps), but then again we know so far it has less hull hp and likely turns slower by default as well then the jem'hedar dreadnought carrier. Also that its not likely to target subsystems or sensor scan... Most likely due to the fact its the only carrier with combat cloak + singularity powers.
    I'm hoping for a good shield mod too, at least 1.15 like the oddy.
  • gonjaagonjaa Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I wasn't privy to this conversation, so I hope your wrong or that the people on tribble can't test all versions and there is at least a version with 2 hangers...
    Becuase I mean I understand 2 hangers and 5 forward guns seems abit powerful and 3 back guns( i can see weapon power issues with this though and note full aux is really needed to take advantage of fighter dps), but then again we know so far it has less hull hp and likely turns slower by default as well then the jem'hedar dreadnought carrier. Also that its not likely to target subsystems or sensor scan... Most likely due to the fact its the only carrier with combat cloak + singularity powers.
    I'm hoping for a good shield mod too, at least 1.15 like the oddy.

Do not underestimate being able to cloak with shields up. It really gives this ship a unique edge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • exonin10647exonin10647 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In your dreams, its got a turn rate of 3. I would pay twice as much for the 3 pack if it had 5.5 turn rate.

Unproven, as every ship appears to have a turn rate of 3 through the gateway. It certainly turns better in the youtube vid.

It also seems unlikely that the 2 piece bonus would increase the turn rate by what appears to be about 6-7.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gonjaa wrote: »
    Do not underestimate being able to cloak with shields up. It really gives this ship a unique edge.
    after 3 seconds and you have to have the console..... but I'm not underestimating it i just believe that a ships stats shouldn't be balanced behind the consoles the ship possess, the consoles should be balanced separately. Becuase not everyone will use the consoles, i know i don't use my oddy consoles.
  • madajmamamadajmama Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    Next blog about scimitar:players facepalming after seeing the stats.I can bet the scimitar gonna have less hull,shield modifier,1 less hangar than jem dread and -10 power per sub and not to mention bad turn rate.1 less hangar is already bad >_>(since so many players wanted it to be full carrier)

Or i am the only one who always think that ship gonna be nice and when u see the ship stats..''oh ill stick with ships i already have''
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My predictions.

56k Hull with max structural skill points and a deflector with +26% structural integrity

Base turn on par with Recluse

2 Hangars (at least on the Eng and Sci variants)

I already correctly predicted 5 fore/3 aft weapon slots before we even knew the specs

A (finally) worth while 3 piece console set

and

PvP whiners crying nerf because:
    (a)Some of them are too cheap to buy one and support the game, and if they can't have fun with it, why should anyone else?
    and
    (b)Are not as good at PvP as they would like to think, and have major issues adapting to new challenges and coming up with new strategies to deal with new ships, aside from the crying "nerf!" strategy.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • stongbadsstongbads Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any hint on the different rarities & associated stats of the fighter drones for the dreadnaughts? I'm already stockpiling Romulan marks and Dil.
    edited June 2013
    madajmama wrote: »
    Next blog about scimitar:players facepalming after seeing the stats.I can bet the scimitar gonna have less hull,shield modifier,1 less hangar than jem dread and -10 power per sub and not to mention bad turn rate.1 less hangar is already bad >_>(since so many players wanted it to be full carrier)

Or i am the only one who always think that ship gonna be nice and when u see the ship stats..''oh ill stick with ships i already have''

Went over the podcast again, she says it has 2 hangers...and the Woman was at Cryptic.
  • neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stongbads wrote: »
    Any hint on the different rarities & associated stats of the fighter drones for the dreadnaughts? I'm already stockpiling Romulan marks and Dil.

Only one we've seen is the standard EC drone ship. advanced (dil) one does not show up on tribble.

Elite will most likely require fleet T5 science like the others. It will still be exclusive to the scimitar and it's variants but require the T5 science.
    ACCESS DENIED
    edited June 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Went over the podcast again, she says it has 2 hangers...and the Woman was at Cryptic.

all 3 of them???

EDIT:Because at that sneak peak video of that scimitar variant looked like 1 hangar only,since the third time he used romulan drone 1 of that 2 already spawned vanished.
    edited June 2013
    madajmama wrote: »
    all 3 of them???

I don't know, she didn't go over the specifics of each variant, but some people keep insisting that she ship only has one hanger.
  • ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All three variants will have 2 hangars

Also, someone said it had a turn rate of 3? gateway is bugged, it says every ship has a turn rate of 3 and 10k hull. the real turn rate is 5.5-6
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
    edited June 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I don't know, she didn't go over the specifics of each variant, but some people keep insisting that she ship only has one hanger.

T.T i am just afraid that tactical version will have 1 hangar..

Oh well ty for information :>
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On the one apparent Hangar thing on the Youtube video, it may be a bug with the game engine stacking forward launched frigates. I've seen a Jem Dread on Holodeck launch Elite JHAS, and each wing appeared to be be just one ship until they engaged in combat and were forced apart.
    stongbads wrote: »

I can't find the pics, but the Advanced versions are on Tribble Dil Store now, and the abilities are just bumped to rank II.
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

"She's a predator" - Jean luc Picard :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • terrorkahn#2080 terrorkahn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Advanced Romulan Drones Enjoy

http://imgur.com/a/hJDTn
  • revan999revan999 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    generalbal wrote: »
    Advanced Romulan Drones Enjoy

http://imgur.com/a/hJDTn

Thank you , I place the stuff here a number of times , no one takes the time to read when the info is already there >.<

Edit: Either way carry on with the conversation.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    revan999 wrote: »
    Thank you , I place the stuff here a number of times , no one takes the time to read when the info is already there >.<

Edit: Either way carry on with the conversation.

Problem is that there are multiple threads over the Scimitar, I don't think this is the thread they were posted in, and you didn't draw attention to the fact these are the Advanced pets in the pics instead of the usual EC pets that were first posted last I encountered a thread with these posted.

Anyway, back to the pets, I missed that they had a confuse effect "Multi-Spectral Emitter - Sensor Distortion I", could make them quite interesting with making enemies shoot each other, depending on the proc frequency.
This discussion has been closed.